One step forward, two steps back. [J]
Short post! Just wanted to get the joining over with.

Bambi stood uneasily at the border of her old pack lands. Once she had called it home, but now she felt less sure. Human-like fingers grasped her feather scarf, feeling over each quill with her paw pad. It was a nervous habit.. She used it as a calming object, and often clung to it with the greediness of a child. Nana, her cat, had told her before she left the Camp that she may end having to sell it eventually.

The girl let out a long howl. It wasn't very detailed, but it as enough to say that she was looking to be greeted. After stopping her communication signal she decided to add a bit more, specifically that she was looking to join. Bambi had been traveling for a long while, and found herself lowering on to the ground. She decided to sit up, Indian style, to ensure that she didn't fall asleep.
[html]
welcome back!

The white alphess had been patrolling the packlands, and so when she heard a long howl that seemed slightly familiar, she did not waste time in hurrying to the area that the howl had come from. As she jogged there, nothing on her body save for her leather belt which held the gleaming dagger she had spent so long training to master, her mind clicked and she remembered who was howling, recognized the voice; it was Bambi Lafron, a member who had seemingly disappeared one day after being seen quite scarcely in the packlands.

She pushed past the thick trees and bushes of the territory to find that she was correct; Bambi was standing on the borders of Cercatori d'Arte. Skye stood motionless, her eyes betraying no emotion. "Bambi," she said. "What brings you back to the borders of Cercatori d'Arte?" The pack had suffered small numbers recently and she had been seeing many of her pack mates less and less; unless something was done soon, they may have to face the reality of disbanding. She was not fond of it when members left her pack inexplicably, however, and so stood in front of the girl, waiting for her response.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly16 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e6d4bf; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #514332; }
.freebjuly16 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly16 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6ac69; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uly16a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796246; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#59452d; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+
[/html]
"I wish to join," she stated quietly. "again." She got to her feet, knowing well enough that Skye was a wolf to be respected. With just the way she carried herself one could tell that she was of high authority. Bambi hadn't thought through exactly what she would say to explain her absence. There is no way to justify running off away from your family -- Without even sparing them a notice. And this was exactly what the young dog had done. She was ashamed of herself. If this was in her camp, she would have been severely beat. Though, the chances that she ever would have tried to leave if the riot wouldn't have started are very low.

Bambi met the eyes of the female, trying to detect some sort of emotion within them. But they gave way to nothing. She sighed, looking at the ground shamefully. "There is no way I can explain my absence that would make it justified. Because it wasn't. I left here without notice. And I apologize. Nana.. My cat, she's sick. So I went to go back to where I found her.. Thinking that maybe it would make her better. That maybe, she was just homesick." The dog's folded ears flattened back against her head as she thought of the worsening condition of her feline mother. "But she is not homesick.. She's dying. But unwilling to except medical care."
Her idea was not to get pity from the pack leader, but to at least explain why she had been gone so long. "I promise, if you allow me back I will be the most dedicated member." she paused, "But, if you don't, I understand." She said sincerely, smiling weakly. It would hurt to be rejected, but Bambi knew there were other packs about.
[html]

Her suspicions were correct as Bambi assented to wishing to join again. Still, Skye's eyes and face betrayed no emotion; she was not cruel, and she would allow the girl to join again, as Cercatori d'Arte needed more members than ever now - and Bambi, although scarce, had done nothing wrong. She had not been a bad member, and Skye was not one to refuse someone a home without good reason.

Despite her seemingly cold demeanor, Skye's eyes softened somewhat as Bambi apologized; some things could not be helped. As her story unfolded further, Skye felt sympathy for the young dog that stood before her. Although she should have notified the pack before disappearing, it was not that she had left on a whim like Shawchert had. She was an understanding wolf, and she was not cruel; her facial expression also warmed as the young dog pledged an oath similar to that of Taliesin's not too long ago. No, she was not cruel; as long as Cercatori d'Arte stood and willing members did not commit crimes, she would give them a home in her pack lands. "Welcome back home, Bambi," she said. "And perhaps here, your cat will change her mind and receive help. Even if not, you both will have a warm home here."

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly16 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e6d4bf; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #514332; }
.freebjuly16 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly16 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6ac69; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uly16a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796246; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#59452d; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+
[/html]
Welcome to Cercatori d'Arte!Site - Rules - Ranks

Hello, and welcome to Cercatori d'Arte! You've just joined one of the many fantastic packs in the world of Souls; based on trade and good relations, this pack is perfect for a soul looking for a friendly place to stay - so welcome to the family! Some things you might want to check out in this unique pack are:

___1. Check out the pack game, where you can earn points to get cool titles and icons!
___2. Read up on the information about the ranks and co-ranks so you can advance in the pack!
___3. Look at the territory map so you can get a feel for the territory of Cercatori d'Arte and choose a house in Thornbury for your character to live in if you want!

If you don't know where to start posting, you can check out the thread requests forum or the open threads! You can also create or join an all welcome thread for some IC fun. Why not also start plotting with other members and begin a fun plot or activity that people can enjoy and experiment with?