Looking for More
Dara sat precariously perched in a tree not to far off the main path. For this angle she could see the sea and the surrounding area, In her Optime form, she took out her book with blank garlic skin paper and a piece of coal. She leaned farther into the fork of the branches she was in. It wasn't that most comfortable spot but it was a spot. Dara had wandered outside her packs borders but she was still safe.

She sat there attempting to sketch the view she had. She was quite relaxed, watching the sun set on the water. The shadows were becoming elongated due to the setting sun. Dara knew she needed to get back home soon, or before her brother and godfather found her. She had been in this tree for a while. I have got to get back, she thought to herself. But, instead of returning, she sat in that tree until the sun had completely set, plunging her into the dark.

Gently climbing down the tree some, she sat there, waiting. But for what, she didn't know. All she knew is that if she waited long enough, something was going to happen. She just had that feeling. And she was right.

Word count=207
[html]
OOC text | WC :: +000

Shadow moved slowly and silently while standing in his 8"0 tall Optime form and he looked to the waves that were near with a content look on his face..he loved the sun and the look of the clouds when it's light hit them but when night called and the moon shine it was as though the moon, his goddess of the hunt was welcoming him into the shadows of the night knowing that his black fur matched the night as perfectly as a arrow fired from a bow...one alone was useless but together they were complete and perfect for they were made for one another the same went for Shadow and the Night.

Once the night came and shadow was held by it's embrace he smiled and closed his eyes for a second as he took in the sound of all the creatures in are area starting to wake or beginning to sleep and then slowly he opened his eyes as he got a strange feeling like he was being watched or that someone was near but it didn't feel like a threat so much as it felt like something waiting for him? Shadow turned slowly and looked around and his blue and yellow eyes quickly picked up the form of a female and she had already seen him.

Rather than jump into action and become defensive he just looked at her and then slowly he bowed and lowered his head and his eyes as he tail dropped and the whole time he was doing that he wondered why he had submitted so quickly...it's not that he wouldn't have if given a second chance it was just that...his instincts took over and he couldn't control them as he waited for her to speak before he would straighten out and offer her his name.As he stayed low in a kind of kneel he whined lightly even though he hadn't intended that and very slowly his tail began to sway from left to right and is swept the ground as he kept his eyes down

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!' Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
template by revo. <3

[/html]
Dara was the black wolf before he saw her. She lowered herself to the ground from the tree. She stood in front of him, a few feet in-between them. He was kneeling, an act of submission she has never known. He was quiet as well. Dara smiled at him. "Why are you submissive to me? You easily tower over me. You easily overpower me. Why?" Dara asked gently. She admired the color of his coat. Black had always been her favorite coat color. She liked the look of this wolf, and the submission he presented even though it was unnecessary, but welcomed.

"Stand up," she said gently. "What is your name? I presume you are a loner as well," Dara said speaking softly. She saw much potential in this wolf, in many ways. He seemed fairly strong, just from looks alone. She finally glanced at his eyes. The eyes stunned her. She had seen a blue eye and a brown eye on a wolf before, but never blue and gold.

"If you are a loner, answer me this. What pack are you thinking of joining, if any?" Dara said, resisting the urge she had. Dara wanted to reach out and run a hand through the fur on the side of his face. She had a very weird habit of playing with another wolves fur if she took a liking to it. But, she knew better than that. It would possible scare this wolf off.

He seemed to blend in to the night. Dara's eyes had a hard time seeing where his fur ended and the night began behind him. the only thought that could cross her mind was how gorgeous this wolf was.

Word Count=283
[html]

Shadow stayed down until the female asked him to stand and after she had asked her many questions. Shadow smiled warmly at the female and then he stood and towered over her as he did so and he spoke with a voice low and kind but with a strength within it.

"You ask why i am submissive? That is a simple answer. I feel that all females should be shown the greatest respect and a male being submissive shows this in my eyes."

His tail started to lightly wag behind him and his ears were at alert and pointed towards her so he could hear everything she had to say with perfect clarity and then he continued.

"I am honored to answer your second question. My name is Shadowfang, you may call me Shadow if you wish. To answer your third question, I am indeed a loner and as of this moment i have no pack in mind to join, for you see i am on a mission to travel to all the packs. I am interested in there history and there way of life, values, beliefs, that sort of thing."

Shadow as he answered her questions and watched her couldn't help but notice the look in her eyes and how she was looking at what appeared to be his fur. He nodded lightly at her as he walked so that he was facing the moon so that she could make him out better and perhaps see all that she was looking for. As he did this he kept the simple and calm smile on his lips.

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!' Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
template by revo. <3

[/html]
"That's a very noble view, Wolf," she said to him. She had not heard his name yet and had decided to call him that until she did. She listened to him speak his name and mission. "Very interesting. You have quite a mission on you, Shadowfang. I am honored to meet a wolf with such a high value in the history and such of a pack. That kind of thing never truly sparked my interest. I only knew I wanted a pack," Dara said gently.

She watched him move into the light of the moon. His coat seemed to glisten beautifully in the moonlight. "Your coat is quite beautiful in the moonlight," Dara said, her blunt nature showing through the impulsive words. She mentally kicked her bluntness. "I know that was entirely random and...well blunt," Dara admitted gently. She was very embarrassed but tried not to let it show. Her posture failed her, showing her emotions in the slight drop of her head and the slight slump of her shoulders.

"I know that was probably not what you expected to hear," Dara said. She had no intention of saying that to this new wolf. For the first time she let her nose take in the scent of the night. Not only did she smell of the sea, but of this new wolf. She tried to casually glance him over though she knew better than to expect he didn't see it. He was an observant wolf. That look in his eyes she knew all too well.

"I should probably get back to my pack soon," Dara thought to herself. Immediately, she pushed those thoughts out of her head, wanting to spend more time with this wolf. She wanted to know who Shadowfang was.

"So, Shadowfang, tell this curious wolf about yourself, please," Dara said with a gently smile. She had to look up to look him in the eyes but that was alright with her. He was almost a foot taller than her.
[html]

Shadow watched her moves and her eyes and he saw how she was looking at him he knew then without a doubt that she liked his fur even before she spoke bluntly and told him. He smiled and nodded lightly to her as she apologized and he put a hand up and shook his head assuring her that all was fine. "there is no reason for you to apologize, being blunt is fine with me. it can quicken things and get stuff out in the open quickly so that there is no doubts. If you like, you can feel my fur, I've been told it is very soft for a beast so large as i." Shadow watched her closely and then she asked about him and who he was he thought about it and like she had done he figured being blunt would work but he would warm ahead of time.

" Like you have done I think I'll do the same, I am an open book and don't fear my past, present or future so I'll answer you but know that what you hear, you may not like. I am an assassin, born and raised to be so by my father. As a pup i was bred and made to be a powerful hunter and killer. That aside i learned kindness and love from my mother. I remembered what little my mother had to teach me before she died. After my mother died my father trained me harder than ever and actually almost killed more times than i can count or remember and thanks to all that and self teaching and lessons I am the wolf you see in front of you. My name is Shadowfang and i am of the shadow, hunter and yet loving within the shadows of night and moon."

I hope she takes all that well....if anything it will speed whatever this meeting was meant for. she will either want to leave and not trust me, Not care and accept me, or accept me but be wary of me. Let us see where this road takes us.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
Dara heard the open offer and eagerly accepted. She left six inches between them. She gently ran a paw through his fur. The feeling of it was amazing. She smiled brightly and ran her paw through it a few more times. "It is soft," she muttered. She couldn't stop and listened to him speak.

His past surprises her greatly but not enough to keep her away from him. Her paw stopped moving momentarily but she couldn't stop herself as she kept stroking his fur. Something about it drove her insane with fascination. "An assassin can learn to love and be kind. I hope that you don't keep up with that profession now do you?" Dara asked, curiosity getting the very best of her. She hoped that he didn't mind her new found attraction to his fur. Well, honestly, more than his fur. His hard past was nothing to her. He was not being hostile to her now. Why should she fear him? Other than the fact the he was the training to kill her. She doubted he would.

Dara heard a twig crack behind her and she tensed up. Her thought instantly turned to the fact that her brother had found her. But, no wolf was there. She sighed. "My past is nothing like yours. You had such a hard life. I on the other hand lived with a small pack. My parents were the alphas. I was raised well by my mother, though my father rejected me and my sister because we were born second to my brother. I learned to love all as well, including both genders. I almost died protecting my sister when our pack was raided by a loner pack. My brother and godfather saved me. I traveled with them for three months. I left them, without them knowing. I now am searching for a male or female wolf that can show consistence, though I don't suppose a shadow can settle down, so there is no use to tell you that I thought that wolf could have been you. You show great traits, a lovable nature, a strength that I have never seen before, and this coat. It is so soft!" she said with a voice that changed with her words. The last words were said with a child like fascination. She had quit stroking his fur. But she had moved back a little, not because of his past, but her fear of rejection. If she was rejected, which she most likely would be she wanted to leave quickly.
[html]

Shadow let her touch his fur and he listened to her words and her eyes and as she spoke he heard the passion in it but at the same time there was something more, she had caught on quickly that he was on a mission and that he would not be able to stop his quest and that he would have to leave her. The love she wanted could not be, shadow felt for her and as a token of what she had told him and offered him he stepped forward closing the gap and he reached around and hugged her close. He knew what he had just done could hurt more than it helped but he wanted her to know that he knew what she was saying. After a little while he slowly let go and he took her hands and looked her in her eyes of which were now tear filled. I would have loved to be your shadow....but i must complete what i set out to do.I'm sorry....i really am. Perhaps it was for the best that he told her everything outright, from what she said and how she was looking at him things could have gotten serious quickly and it was best not to break any hearts if at all possible. Shadow stepped away and slowly he turned and listened for her to say anything or for her to move. He hoped she would be alright but if he was an assassin and he was feeling bad then odds are, she wasn't taking it well either.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
Dara felt him pull her into a hug. It helped her a good bit. But she knew it would end and what he was going to say. She felt the tears in her eyes. she felt him grip her hands and look her in the eyes. Normally, Dara wouldn't cry but right now she could care less. His words made her smile even though he had rejected her.

She saw him turn and start to walk away. Quickly she reached into her bag and pulled something out. "Shadow, wait. I have a favor to ask you. Promise to come and visit me in my pack, Cercatori d' Arte, after you finish your mission. I want to see that you have accomplished it. And take this with you. It's a cougar tooth necklace. I've been waiting for someone who is worthy to wear this, someone with the strength of a cougar but the sweetness one can have," she said, hoping he would take the offer and promise her this. She held the simple leather necklace with the tooth on it out to him.

She knew if he promised this it would easy up things for her. She also knew that if she saw him again and she felt the same still, it wasn't in vain to do this and open up to the wolf.

((fade to black on your post ending it?))
[html]

Shadow stopped as he heard her words and he slowly turned around with eyes closed a single tear coming from his blue eye. He slowly walked forward and said nothing as he looked closely to the necklace that was in her hands and being held to him. He moved so that they were close again and he took his left hand and his right and closed it around the hand which held the necklace and he smiled as he nodded and spoke. " Of course i will come back after my mission....It's a promise and i have never ever, not kept a promise and i wont start now. " As Shadow slowly pulled his hand back he looked into it and saw the necklace and while standing infront of her he took both ends in his hands and tied it around his neck. After he was done he looked to her and smiled as he had to ask to kinda lighten the mood.

" How do i look? and just so you know i have fought a cougar once. I won. "

He winked as he looked to her and after he got her answer and they hugged one last time he turned away from her and started to walk and just before being lost to sight due to the darkness around him he looked over his shoulder and his blue and yellow eyes glowed lightly and then he looked away and he vanished within the darkness with nothing but a voice on the wind.

"Promise."

template by revo. <3

[/html]