skip another eighth note
[html]

WC → 000 ::private for Ciara! Midday of the 17th. Optime form.

Jacinto needed a little time out of Inferni, Omni had even begged him to not to go, until finally he had let her tag along. They had travelled for a couple of days, mostly by horse riding together. Things were packed, blankets, a homemade tent, and many other essential necessary things. It had been an uneventful journey, they had exchanged idle chit-chat and the usual. His guitar was strapped rather precariously to the flank of Solei, every so often the lanky Lykoi would look back and check.

Jacinto had set up camp while Omni went out to hunt, putting up the roughly made tent on the shorelines of a beautiful area. He needn't know the name of the pretty terrain, nor the names of the possible inhabitants. The rust splashed hybrid after a long while of tediously setting up and putting things into order, not to mention getting the horse to move away from the camp, the Lykoi descendant finally had time for leisure. He sat infront of the tent, legs crossed and facing the sea. The winter pale sky was sympathetic enough to let the sun shine through the dull grayness, hopefully a promise of early spring. Jacinto pawed through the many things he had brought along, found a pre-rolled joint and easily lit it with the old purple lighter he had scavenged in Inferni. The smoke drifted lazily to the midday sky, the scent of the fresh cannabis permeated and cloaked the area with its spicy tantalizing smell. That was when the man lifted the guitar to his lap fingers twitching and finally rested themselves over the strings, plucking out cheery and beatific melodies. This is what he liked to do, exactly what. If only Omni would get her butt back to camp, he wouldn't be so lonely

<style type="text/css">
.mariachinto .space {width:220px; height:200px; float:left;}
.mariachinto b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#bef7ff 0px 0px 1px;}
.mariachinto p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.mariachinto {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#919dad; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/STyMY.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #545b65; padding: 190px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#545b65; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.mariachinto p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.mariachinto p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.mariachinto .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#bef7ff 0px 0px 1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 470

OOC: Curious Ciara is curious. ;x

After her morning on the sea-cliffs with Soran, Ciara had let go of the little bit of sadness that the ocean usually brought her. She had started that particular day by leaving the New Dawn den and trotting to her favourite stretch of beach inside her pack’s territory. The waves were gentle this morning, and the fog settled around her, thick and leaving little beads of moisture over her mottled coat. She watched curiously as a pack of seals brayed to each other on a point of rock far away from her, noticing that while the animals were strange and loud, they lived in a family much like her own species.

The rocks of the shore had begun to hurt the small subordinate’s backside, so she brought herself up and went to turn back towards the den. In the midst of her turning, however, she glanced down the stretch of beach to where it turned around a corner. She’d never gone far, certainly not past that bend, and the curiosity built up in the yearling so strongly that before she even knew it she was racing across the beach. Sand flew in the wake of her large paws, and she lowered herself to the ground, enjoying the sights and the smells of the beach along with the exhilaration of running.

Only when her legs began to complain did Ciara slow down to a trot, sniffing at rocks and clumps of seaweed. She was aware that she’d passed New Dawn territory, but she knew her Alpha wouldn’t mind. The new dawn members were allowed to go where they liked so long as they didn’t cause any trouble while they were gone. She had just moved to inspect the cracked shell of a crab when a peculiar sound hit her ears. The velvety little satellites swivelled to follow the noise, and soon her paws followed. Within minutes she came upon the camp of the Lyoki, crouching down just behind a rock and poking her head out to inspect him from afar.

The rust-coloured pelt of the coyote intrigued her, but not nearly as much as seeing a being in Optime form. She had never shifted in the presence of others, and living in New Dawn made the biped alternative a very rare thing indeed. Her pack believed in following the ways of their ancestors, and the yearling certainly didn’t mind. Earth-coloured eyes then turned to the thing the Luperci was holding. She’d never seen a guitar before, and more importantly, had never heard music. She sat up a little, keeping her distance so she wouldn’t alarm him if he saw her. With ears pointed forward, Ciara began the comical routine of cocking her head to one side, and then the other, trying to figure out what the beautiful sound was.

<style type="text/css">
.Ciaraforestdawn b {font-weight:bold; color:#9370D8; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ciaraforestdawn .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Ciaraforestdawn p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Ciaraforestdawn {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://pixdaus.com/pics/1231820649HcN8A9E.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 440px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#00BFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC → 000 ::fffff I made a failpost

The notes he played on the guitar were gentle, the pace toning down to an extent. Holding and playing the instrument brought back happy memories of the past, how his mother Leticia had noticed his interest in music and had given and taught him how to play. Oh how he missed his mother, she was always kind to him and sheltered him from the ugly things in the world. He remembered how devastated and shocked he was at her passing, it was just unfair. Someone he never wanted to see again was his father. Who had been harsh and drive them away from their own home. When Ilusion came back she said that their father was happy. He should have been happy with them, instead the greed for more kept their father from that

Soon the short joint dwindled to nothing, the hazy high of the cannabis had already set in swirling colors and making the world much prettier. A sound so small had the large brown ears of the hybrid cupped attentively, and quietly Jacinto called out "Who's there?" In that moment the man had stopped his music, only to pick up the guitar again and strum a few notes. The scent of another being was on the wind, and the Lykoi was curious as to who it was. The tall Luperci set down the instrument to walk around his little camp. "Where are you?"

<style type="text/css">
.mariachinto .space {width:220px; height:200px; float:left;}
.mariachinto b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#bef7ff 0px 0px 1px;}
.mariachinto p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.mariachinto {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#919dad; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/STyMY.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #545b65; padding: 190px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#545b65; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.mariachinto p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.mariachinto p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.mariachinto .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#bef7ff 0px 0px 1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 260

OOC: Sorry it’s so short! D:

So much for hiding. Ciara’s hunting skills were not yet honed enough that she could realize the placement of her feet. She managed to accidentally kick over a rock, ignoring the biped figure in front of her and causing him to call out. Cursing mentally, the yearling ducked down in a crouch behind the rock, listening for a few moments to the being as it stomped around its campsite. She knew that she’d been caught, so she slowly raised her head and came out from behind the rock.

“Hi,” she said carefully. “My name is Ciara, I’m sorry for spying on you, I just…I heard the sound you were making.” She nodded pointedly to the guitar before coming a step or two closer. She was wary of the biped, and a shy being in general, but she made herself move forward in a friendly manner. Her black nose sniffed constantly, taking in the information that the figure in front of her happened to be a coyote.

“What is that thing?” she asked, cocking her head and cupping her ears forward to stare at the instrument the male was holding. Then, the scent of the cannabis caught her nose as well, and she gave a sort of indignant snuff as the smokey aroma filled her snout. “And what is that smell?” Wide earth-coloured eyes turned on the Lykoi’s face, as the yearling brought herself down to sit on her haunches. She knew the neutral grounds were no place for dominance play, and besides the creature in front of her was huge compared to her smaller, young wolf body.

<style type="text/css">
.Ciaraforestdawn b {font-weight:bold; color:#9370D8; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ciaraforestdawn .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Ciaraforestdawn p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Ciaraforestdawn {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://pixdaus.com/pics/1231820649HcN8A9E.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 440px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#00BFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
I love how he explains his weed Big Grin

The coyote hybrid sat back down on the blanket set in front of the camp and he heard a voice. Out peeked a small canine, noticeably younger than he himself. Ears perked in interest as she spoke, introducing herself as Ciara. A broad smile spread across the hybrid's rusty features, happily introducing himself. "Well...It's nice to meet you. I don't mind your spying anyway. I was wondering who was sneaking around. My name's Jacinto." The dusty male had the impulse to stick out his hand to shake, but knew that the girl walked on all fours, leaving him dwelling in the curiosity if she carried the Luperci gene. She politely asked about his guitar, bringing a prideful yet friendly grin over his features. "This is my guitar. When you pull the strings they make noise, see?" In demonstration, the Lykoi plucke one of the strings to show her, before adding on teasingly "I'm sorry if I caused a racket. I only know a little from when my Ma taught me a long time ago." Hopefully the years and times of practice had helped in many ways for his skill, although back in Inferni others didn't seem to see music as a skill. 

The young Ciara asked another question about the burning joint he had in previous times, ears perked in surprise. She hadn't heard of these? They were probably the best thing since working guitar strings, and he held out an unlit one in his pocket for her to see. "Now these my friend, are called joints, marijuana cigarettes that we light to smoke or inhale. Other than smelling really nice, they make the world much prettier to look at. Colors ev'rywhere." He didn't want it to sound like he was suggesting to the girl, giving her an almost fatherly glance to say it should be some time before she tried them, he had been hooked already.

The man relaxed a bit, resting up against the small tent he had stood up, crossing his long legs over one another. He didn't feel like shifting to the same four-legged form as her, even as a male he could not possibly be taller than she. Curiosity flowed with his voice as he asked a polite interested question, "Where'd you come from? I mean, what pack? I'm from Inferni. Kinda far from here."
[html]

OOC:: Hilarious. xD Notice my little jab at N.S. >.> WC: 360

In Character

Ciara just couldn’t help it, when the coyote brought out his guitar and showed her, the yearling went right up and nudged at one the strings with her nose. The metal of the chords was cold, and she jumped back in surprise. Carefully, with her head cocked in interest and her ears perked, Ciara lifted her paw and scraped a claw against one of the strings. It vibrated, causing almost the same noise Jacinto had made, and the girl gave a little yip of excitement.

Then came the introduction to Ciara’s first ever semi-illegal drug. This was Nova Scotia, after all. When he held out the joint for her to see, she dipped her nose into his furry hand and inhaled the strange aroma. “It…well, I can’t tell if it stinks or if I like it,” she said, once again cocking her head to the side. “And…it makes everything pretty? How?” She was genuinely confused, having never heard of drugs in her life. Even though she was Luperci, she had only shifted twice in her short life and enjoyed living exactly as her wolf ancestors had. In fact, sometimes she wished she was a pure wolf.

When Jacinto asked about her pack and mentioned Inferni, Ciara’s eyes narrowed just a little bit. She knew the man was a coyote, and knew that her pack was less than fond of them. Still, she’d never met a Luperci coyote, and while she distrusted the man’s untainted ancestors, she had no reason to judge him by it. She also knew next to nothing about Inferni, other than the fact that they were mostly coyote, so she harboured no ill feelings for him on that account either.

“I’m a New Dawn wolf,” she replied, giving the male a friendly smile and sitting back on her haunches. Her flecked eyes glanced over the strange instrument he’d introduced to her, wanting to hear the music again. Realizing she might be acting rude, however, she raised her head and looked him in the eye with a curious flick of one velvety ear. “Have you heard of us?” She was aware her pack was relatively new, so she wasn’t sure.

<style>
.Candacesdb-c01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Candacesdb-c01 b {color:#ffffff;}
.Candacesdb-c01-b {width:434px; border:1px solid #cceeee; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.Candacesdb-c01-IC {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#cceeee; text-shadow:#999999 0px 0px 5px; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:16px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; padding:0px 25px;}
.Candacesdb-c01-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Candacesdb-c01 {background-color:#e1eff5;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JByOd.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #aabbcc; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#aabbcc; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:432px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 410px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
</style>
[/html]