[ND] Co-Ranks!
[html]
New Dawn Co-Ranks

One thing that sets New Dawn apart from the other packs is its streamlined rank system. But after some consideration, the ND leadership has decided to give members more opportunities not only to rank up but also establish their characters ICly with unique skill sets. Therefore we are glad to announce that by Friday, February 17, New Dawn will introduce Co-ranks to compliment our already established ranking system! Big Grin

Proposed Co-ranks
  • Emissary: Those with the emissary co-rank act as the face of New Dawn when meeting with other pack leaders or delivering messages. They should be well spoken, respectful, and exemplify the ideals that New Dawn holds for its members.
  • Spy: Those with the spy co-rank should be able to blend in with one’s enemies. These wolves should have easily forgettable faces, and should be able to act any part to avoid detection and also be masters of disguise. Various methods of changing appearance and scent masking should be known by spy co-rank holders.
  • Medic: Those with the medic co-rank should have advanced healing and remedy knowledge, beyond simple first aid.
  • Midwife: Those with the mid-wife co-rank should have basic first aid skills but advanced knowledge when it comes to gestation and birthing.
  • Pup-sitter: Those with the pup-sitter co-rank should act as good surrogate parents for the youngsters of the clan when the parents are not available. They should be fun-loving and playful but know when to discipline. They should also have the ability to detect danger and protect the pups accordingly.
  • Hunter: Those with the hunter co-rank should be adept trackers and hunters whether it be through coordinated group hunts or solo hunts. They should have a high kill to loss ratio.
  • Warrior: Those with the warrior co-rank should be adept in both lupus and optime level combat. The use of weapons is also a plus but not necessary.
  • Jester: Those with the jester co-rank posses the ability to discern when others are stressed and be able to dissolve this stress in a myriad of ways whether that be through play, story telling, rough housing, or joking.
  • Create your own!: Does your character have a skill-set that doesn't jive up with any of the other co-ranks? Well than you have the opportunity to create your own custom co-rank! Just send Nat or Nuki a PM explaining your characters unique skills and why you feel you should get your own co-rank and we’ll take it under consideration. Smile

Confused?

Don't be! The Co-ranks are extremely simple and are created to boost IC activity in New Dawn! Now that that the pack is established, instead of just milling about the den, members can now learn from or teach each other unique skills that will build camaraderie and versatility.

Members will have the ability to earn as many co-ranks as they want, regardless of their true rank within the pack! Everyone can now steer their character into whichever skill set they want, and, depending on what co-rank they choose, this can help the leadership to determine which Skill Rank they would most likely be suitable for, upon promotion.

However, if you do have any questions, don't be afraid to ask them here, we will gladly answer you.

How do I earn one?

Well, we're not sure yet, that's why we're hoping you can give us some ideas on what would be appropriate for earning a co-rank. Inferni's system works well, in which members have to fulfill certain IC tasks to earn their co-rank, but we'd love to hear your ideas!

Let us know what you guys think!

[/html]
I like the idea of co-ranks to go along with the structure we've currently got going on in ND. If I'm understanding correctly, these would be in addition to the subord/epsilon/delta/etc ranks we've currently got going on?

However, I can see the whole promotion/assignment of co-ranks becoming difficult with the IC promotional integrity we have. Not impossible at all, but just a lot to monitor for the leaders. Perhaps, upon joining, people should look over co ranks and somehow let leadership know - whether through PM or a little blurb at the top of the joining thread - where they'll be aspiring? This could, of course, change as the character develops ICly, but leadership should probably OOCly be aware of where characters are aspiring so they'll know what they're looking for!

Also, I'm totally psyched. The Emissary co-rank is EXACTLY what I want for Shandom :3
Yes, this has been discussed before, and currently it's pretty easy to keep track of everyone, since we only have 11 members. In the future, I think I might have people send a PM or something to let me or Nuki know where they want to take their character.
Mmm! Co-ranks are yummy!

Personally I like the method in place by Salsola, where characters have X amount of IC tasks to complete, and once that is done, co-rank accomplished. Or, we can do the more open prompt of having people just have X number of general threads doing the co-rank duties, thus earning it.

To claim it, I think (again as Salsola does) we should implement a method where the players keep track of the threads that count toward their desired co-rank, and once they are all completed, post in ND Maintenance requesting their rank.

Us knowing ahead of time that people are working toward ranks is good, too, so I’d like to be told when possible so we can mention the leadership noticing ICly and such, but ultimately keeping track of it would be best to deem a member duty, just to prevent us from losing track of a thread here or there and delaying timely promotion.

I wouldn’t mind if members weighed in on whether they wanted to do prompts for their ranks, or complete open-ended X-amount of threads to achieve it.
I like the idea of co ranks Big Grin something to work for ^^. As for Prompts or threads, both are great ideas and i wouldn't mine one or the other Big Grin
Hmmm... I like it, I think I may have mentioned before that I liked the idea of Co-ranks, I'm excited that they're going to be implemented Big Grin Big Grin I'm going to have to decide what Soran's going to be wanting XD

EDIT: Perhaps we could run it by having the person messaging one of the leaders stating which co-rank they would like and then they have to do a few IC threads using those skills and then a decision can be made by the leadership after seeing them?
-waddles back to souls.-

I like the idea of co-ranks....If i ever got my points from my ic post >w<
But the idea is good. Maybe to earn the rank, the person has to show great talent in the rank.
What do you guys think about having 1 set IC prompt plus 2 open ended threads to earn a co-rank? Like say, for the medic co-rank, the prompt would be that they have to perform an advanced healing practice on someone such as stitches or broken bone setting, and then the open ended threads could be like anything having to do with advanced medicine? I dunnoooooooooo
I like that ideaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
I like the idea! I also think that having to do IC tasks to get the role is the best way to go about it. One needn't message the leaders saying what they'd like to do, just simply have an OOC note in the beginning of the thread that the post is going towards such-and-such a co-rank.

Exciting stuff to look forward to!
I like the idea of having a set task, plus completing open-threads. It's a nice happy medium.

Also, expanding upon...
Quote:One needn't message the leaders saying what they'd like to do, just simply have an OOC note in the beginning of the thread that the post is going towards such-and-such a co-rank.
I don't think it needs to be required to message the leaders before hand or anything, but I think it'd be a good idea so we can assist with threading, post twitter updates and such as necessary to help get the word out to other members that Character X is looking for such and such thread to help obtain a co-rank. Should you want to change your character's focus mid way, it would be fine.
Now that sounds like a really good idea Nat, a set thread would be nice and easy to monitor, while still allowing for creativity Smile

I think maybe an optional message to the leadership would be a good idea, but it would help with everyone knowing who is going for what in the co-ranks, perhaps there could be a list of people who are aiming for a co-rank, say if they have expressed an interest or are 2 out of 3 threads through?
My two cents here... I LOVE IT!

Deuce would so earn herself the healer rank. LOL