expected the world
[html]
Due to my lack of wanting more threads, I'm going to do this as the RO it was originally intended to be.
11th February . Market Place . 12.30pm . Optime Form.

The young Stormbringer appeared to have aged somewhat since his return to Ichika. Kahlo had been stolen and Nayru had left in order to search for her. Saul had no issue with this- her daughter was the most important thing in her life and he would have done exactly the same if it had been his own son. Leadership of Ichika had been given to X'yrin and Saul was unsure what this would mean for the pack. His own knowledge of X'yrin's culture was limited, but it was clear to him that it was very different to their own way of living right now. He was nervous about what this would mean for them all, whether she would keep things as Nayru and Razekiel had, or whether she would want to brand her own mark on their pack. It was a stressful time, not least because Temeraire was now with him. Saul had no problem with his son, it just meant a little more stress for him, worrying constantly about the state his son was in. By now, the little black bundle was having a growth spurt and insisted, with short, half formed words, that he wished to walk instead of being carried all the time.

They'd arrived back into the festival the day before yesterday and had settled in to a tent close to the larger Ichikan tent in an attempt to keep close to everyone. He hadn't spotted Eclipse in a while, but he assumed she was okay- he'd caught her scent a good few times since they'd arrived back. It had delighted him to discover that Temeraire had started to babble, forming short words that didn't mean much, but some kind of understanding would pass between father and son and the two would carry on. Being a lone father was difficult, but his son was growing so quickly that he was able to feed the boy small amounts of meat now that his milk source had left. The little boy was loving the attention from his father and the two got on well on their own. Saul had a little trouble adjusting his morning routine- he had to cut both his bath and his run short. Soon enough Teme would be able to join him if he wished, but Saul was nervous about leaving him for any period of him.

This morning had risen sunny, a rarity in the early february weather. Still, he was going to make the most of it. Since his hunt with X'yrin back in Ichika, he'd been longing for a bird of his own. He had no idea if he would find a trader here, but there was a chance and he was going to take it. Rising early, he lapped a quick kiss on his sons head before going to bathe. It was easy to make sure he was clean in the freezing waters- they picked up any dirt and displayed it easily so he was able to see when the water ran clear once more. His run was short as well- he made it out to Hermes in the horse paddock before his anxiety got the better of him and he sprinted back towards his son. Teme woke with a grumble and a whine, before he bounced to his feet and looked towards his father expectantly. Hungi? The little boy whined, pawing at his father. Come on then boy Saul chuckled softly before opening the flap and watching his son race forward, his pudgy black body easy to spot in the relative emptiness of the day.

They made their way around and found some food for both of them- Saul tearing off small chunks for his son, who gobbled them quickly, a happy Que.. his only words to indicate his thanks. Saul knew that his son would soon start talking properly, but he allowed himself to enjoy the babble of a small pup as they made their way around the market. It was about midday that his keen hearing picked up the soft cries and rustling wings of the quarry he was searching for. Adjusting the satchel strap across his chest, Saul scooped up the little boy, much to his annoyance. Down Daddy! Down! Temeraire cried, wriggling his body to get the result he wanted. No Teme, you need to stay up here and out of harms way. Saul offered in return, his voice a mix of firm and understanding.

Good-day sir! How can I help you? Have you come to look at my beautiful collection of birds? Came a confident voice from behind the stalls. On the stalls, an array of wooden and leather objects lay, as well as an array of bells and whistles. Behind the man however, rows and rows of birds say on perches. They all looked to be birds of prey, although he could see a few birds that didn't look like the raptors that made up of the majority of the mans stock. Namaste, I'm Saul. I'm very interested in getting a bird He agreed, tucking Temeraire firmly under his arm. "Ah, I'm glad to hear!" The trader said, indicating with his arm to follow. Saul took a breath, tightening his grip on his wriggling son before stepping around the stall and into the squaking, rustling birds.

"A beautiful Eurasion Owl, three years, bred once." The trader said, to which Saul shook his head. The owl looked too big and it wasn't what he wanted. The trader nodded, moving forward. It was then that the dance began- the trader trying to figure out what kind of a bird the timber male would be interested in, Saul declining each time. It wasn't until they came to an almost pure white bird that Saul paused. Seeing the interest, the trader sidled closer. "A male Gyrfalcon, quite rare as he is a white morph. He's only young- 18 months and inexperienced. I have his mother- his father was a wild gyrfalcon. He's shown to be quite fierce but he can be sweet.[/u]" Saul allowed the information to wash over him as he walked closer, inspecting the bird. He ruffled his wings, showing a healthy musculature. It was clear that the breeder, whilst having many animals to care for, was not a negligent breeder. "[b]I like him... Perhaps we could arrange a price?" Saul asked, not taking his eyes from the bird. The two retreated from the rows of birds, back to the stall.

"You're going to need a harness for him, and a hood for his head to keep him from becoming stressed, as well as a cage to carry him in." Saul nodded softly, thinking of the wares he had with him. "I have a cougar pelt, in very good condition, as well as a bear skull and various smaller bones from the same animal. I have some dried Arnica, good for shock, bruising and cuts, and I have a large chunk of ginger root, good for relieving nausea and vomitting." He offered, the trader eyeing him carefully. With a huff, he gave a quick nod. "I'll take all of that off your hands for the bird, the cage, the harnesses and the hood... And I'll throw in a few bells because you've been an easy customer." The trader said, piling the items he'd listed in a cloth before producing a medium sized cage, the bottom a solid piece of wood while the rest was made from sturdy branches. As the trader left, Saul set Teme on the table, removing the items he'd bartered with. He removed about half of his pouch of dried Arnica, removing the large root of ginger from his medicine pouch and laying them on top of the cougar pelt. The bones sat beneath this pile.

The white bird kicked up a fuss as the trader bough him over, his leg secured to the mans gloved hand with a length of leather tied in a complicated knot on the birds leg. He struggled as the man placed him in the cage, his other hand coming down to trap his wings to his body and prevent him from hurting himself. Saul smiled softly, gathering the items he'd been given and pushing his own payment forward. "Thank you for your time, sir." Saul said, scooping up his son before picking up the cage and moving away. It was simple, this trading business.

<style type="text/css">
.freeba703 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e7e1d8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #18130b; }
.freeba703 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freeba703 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#203341; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... /sZvvY.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #041521; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#afb8c0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #203341; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freeba703 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freeba703 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>

[/html]