fragile
[html]<style type="text/css">
.terra-ooc {font-size:0.9em;line-height:1.2em;padding-bottom:3px;font-style:italic;width:85%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;margin:0 auto;text-align:right;font-family:georgia;}
.terra {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#000 url(http://i51.tinypic.com/15dv2nr.jpg) no-repeat top right;width:90%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;border:1px solid #BF7E17;outline:1px solid #000 }
.terra .in {margin:220px 10px 10px 10px; padding:5px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;color:#DFDFDF;background:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2ch2mwn.png);border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
.terra p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;}
.terra .line { border-bottom:1px solid #4F0003; margin:0 auto 5px 220px;}
.terra b {color:#f9c5e8;font-family:georgia}
.terra b:before {content: open-quote; }
.terra b:after {content: close-quote; }
.terra a {color:#43213A}
.terra a:hover {color:#214055;text-decoration:underline}
.terra-credit {text-align:center;font-size:0.9em;font-style:italic;font-family:georgia}</style>

faeeeeeee <33333 Lulz, Maggie has no patience for cats XD Check out the residence map for where Maggie’s house is in relation to the rest of the pack territory ^^
+3

The cat’s cries had been driving Maggie insane from the moment the kitten had been given to her.

Maggie really was trying her best to keep her happy. The creature mewed constantly, innocent jade eyes screaming in sadness. There was nothing the she-wolf could do, all of her efforts to keep the young one happy were futile. Maybe it was because she was a feline, or maybe it was because she had been separated from her mother at a far too young age, but the poor thing seemed doomed for death or something worse. She had named her Claudia, a regal named she had seen in a dream. Claudia had tugged at the Confidant's heart strings; if Foxglove hadn't found the litter, the poor thing wouldn't have had a chance. She could have died without Foxglove. Claudia, too, had been abandoned by her mother; that fact alone had been enough for Magnolia to spend night and day by the little one's side.

The day was bleak; it dawned frigid as usual. Maggie gave her new companion an encouraging lick to make the kitten get out of its warm bed and follow her for some food. Maggie had made a makeshift bed for the cat by laying a deer pelt over a bed of leaves. Despite her attempts, Claudia stubbornly remained where she was, and the Confidant stared angrily at her. This new pet was frustrating. Kimbra watched the scene at a distance, cooing, almost as if she was mocking her owner's futile attempts. Shut it, Maggie snapped loudly at the bird over the kitten’s cries. Kimbra remained on her perch, silent this time, and watched the silver hybrid in the morning glow.

The optime lady picked up the fragile thing, who suddenly stopped making noise once Magnolia’s body heat transferred onto her own. Oh, she thought to herself, furious for not thinking about this earlier. The poor thing was probably just cold... or lonely. Getting an idea, the Confidant grabbed another one of her pelts off her bed and wrapped the black and white kitten in it, cradling her in her arms. Maggie motioned to Kimbra who obediently flew over to the woman’s shoulder as usual. Together the threesome stepped outside into the chilly morning air, food for Claudia being their main objective for the day.

Image by Sean McMenemy, table by Tammi!
[/html]
[html]
Eeeee <333

She woke stiffly to the feeling of something hot being pressed against her side. Lana shook herself furiously when she realized she had fallen asleep. Again. The dreaded fuzziness that rest brought her settled in like a drunken haze so she stumbled out into the cold morning air. It was later than she usually left the cave, as if to top off what a bad day she was having already. Cas trotted to her side and breathed in the crisp sunrise visibly, rubbing her warm ears against her companions leg another time. Dark claws trailed along the lynx’s cheek and chin, an affectionate gesture they had long established. The feline purred and backed into the darkness before returning with Lana’s bag in tow. The woman took it from her quickly and started off towards the village, frustration parting the thicket of snow at her ankles.

Drowsiness followed her along the way, darkening her mood even more. She hated sleeping, tried to avoid it every day, but eventually exhaustion caught up. Lighting a cigarette in the dawn, Lana inhaled it gratefully and watched the blue smoke spill from the end. The village came up quick, outlined in hard silver as the sun burned even brighter. It was ugly, the village was, not a very well kept place. The woman slipped into the entrance, cursing as vines and thorns caught her fur. Instantly, the spicy, dangerous smell that lurked in every corner, burst from the center, obviously the source of the territory’s scent. Trained nose could even smell come sort of poison virginally cultivating nearby.

Cas became alert as soon as they were in the heart of the chaos. Luckily, it was still too early for herds to be forming. Together, they slunk into the stillness of the seemingly-dead village, surrounding by stone beasts towering like industrial trees. Suddenly, a shriek cracked the air. Too many more followed for Lana to be genuinely startled. The sound instantly troubled the lynx who had crouched inwardly and appeared to be listening either in pain or angered curiosity. Her companion realized it must be a cat’s yowl.

Dark fingers took the cigarette from her mouth and twisted it leisurely as the two set off in the direction of the disturbingly muffled noise. Skeptical burning amber eyes looked on sharply until her ears swiveled at the sound of a door opening and closing behind her. A snarl curled her lip as she looked over her shoulder at a young wolf and her own two companions. With a radical change, Lana turned and took in the girl behind the thick swoop of her bang. Sucking on her cigarette again, she waited with her permanent smirk while Cas sat beside her, deep jade eyes focusing on the confined kitten.

<style type="text/css">
.wiltinglight b {font-weight:bold; color:#e5da99; letter-spacing:.5px}
.wiltinglight p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.wiltinglight {margin:0 auto; width:600px; background-color:#bda560; background-image:url(http://i44.tinypic.com/fx3yh.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #7b3f38; padding: 340px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#74433a; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
461+

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.terra-ooc {font-size:0.9em;line-height:1.2em;padding-bottom:3px;font-style:italic;width:85%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;margin:0 auto;text-align:right;font-family:georgia;}
.terra {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#000 url(http://i51.tinypic.com/15dv2nr.jpg) no-repeat top right;width:90%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;border:1px solid #BF7E17;outline:1px solid #000 }
.terra .in {margin:220px 10px 10px 10px; padding:5px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;color:#DFDFDF;background:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2ch2mwn.png);border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
.terra p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;}
.terra .line { border-bottom:1px solid #4F0003; margin:0 auto 5px 220px;}
.terra b {color:#f9c5e8;font-family:georgia}
.terra b:before {content: open-quote; }
.terra b:after {content: close-quote; }
.terra a {color:#43213A}
.terra a:hover {color:#214055;text-decoration:underline}
.terra-credit {text-align:center;font-size:0.9em;font-style:italic;font-family:georgia}</style>

Maggie gave the young one a lick on her head as they set off in the chilly morning. Claudia was finally quieter now, and even Kimbra stopped mocking her owner.Maggie’s spirits finally started to brighten when everything seemed better than they were just a few minutes ago until the wind blew and sent an unfamiliar scent her way. She whipped around, ears on alert for whoever was nearby. Maggie didn’t get any visitors to her house anymore since Eris’ kids were all grown up now, and Denver hadn’t been around much since the festival. This must be someone new.

The duo was a distance away from her, though close enough in shouting range. The silver hybrid let out a shrill bark, letting the stranger know her place within the pack. Magnolia was a Confidant now, and had to act the part. She was not afraid of anyone now, since most of the pack was ranked beneath her except for Bastion, Sirius and Eris. Who are you, and why were you outside my home? Magnolia asked carefully, keeping her stare on the mocha woman before her but her mind and hands were focused on the little hungry kitten wrapped up in the pelt.

Image by Sean McMenemy, table by Tammi!
[/html]
[html]
Bad wait Sad

The girl’s emerald eyes flashed, but her body language was hesitant. Lana took advantage of her confident words to step a few feet closer, her own fiery irises blazing dauntingly. Cas followed her companion, paws landing silently on the damp weeds the budding conversation was framed in. She sat and lashed her tail against the healer’s ankles.

I believe the territory is as much mine as it is yours,

Lana purred, her accents caressing the retort and oozing dissatisfaction. A twisted smile curled her lips however much her tone hissed cold and acidic ice. She didn’t mind bothering those of higher rank than she. The Italian was smart but bitter.

My name is Lana,

The woman said again, leaving little room for another of the girl’s come back. She jumped closer with a predator’s grin and inspected her hair. The purple wing stood out brashly against the background of dead branches and green foliage. Skeptical gaze finally took in her whole stature. She had acquired the harsh perfume of the pack Lana had yet to soak herself in. Cas, still attached to her side by the invisible string of respect, rolled onto her hind legs to get a better look at the kitten.

You’ll want to give that some milk, she won’t survive without it,

The black and white bundle had grabbed the crazy-haired girl’s attention, by now obviously the source of the yowling that had disturbed the two in the first place. At the memory, Lana took a long drag from the cigarette.

<style type="text/css">
.wiltinglight b {font-weight:bold; color:#e5da99; letter-spacing:.5px}
.wiltinglight p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.wiltinglight {margin:0 auto; width:600px; background-color:#bda560; background-image:url(http://i44.tinypic.com/fx3yh.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #7b3f38; padding: 340px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#74433a; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]no worries :3

When the dark woman spoke, her acid words stung the Confidant like a bee sting. Simply put, Magnolia was pissed at this newcomer. “Well, Associate,” She said carefully, thinking out her words before speaking them. “You would be doing yourself a favor by respecting those above you in the food chain. This is my home and I will not have you be rude to me in it.” For emphasis, the dainty woman spat on the ground beneath her by the Associate’s feet. “Others are not as nice as me. I was beaten for not calling someone sir once,” while this wasn’t true, it seemed entirely possible with this pack. Although the ranks had changed so much since her initial arrival she wasn’t sure if Salsola was the same pack anymore.

Magnolia completely ignored the woman’s comment about milk. She knew that was probably the case but she had no idea where to find that particular food. “She’ll eat some regurgitated food but I don’t know where to get milk for her, poor thing,” Sometimes, like today, Magnolia’s mind was in a million places. She may have acted like a bitch initially, but that’s not how she wanted to spend her energy today. She wanted the little one to grow up healthy and strong and Magnolia would do whatever it took to ensure that.

[/html]