I feed the mouth that bites me-
[html]

4 Stink-ee! Flander Fields.

Blue-gray skies were already adorned with mean-looking clouds, undoubtedly forecasting rain and annoyance in the Koios femme's monotonous life. Nice weather did not stick around for long as of late, as if some kind of perma-cloud was constantly hovering over her head. Alexey was keeping the faith, though. Her return hadn't been all that bad thus far. She had been reunited with Adelaida, and she had met two other wolves; both from Dahlia de mai. Both shape shifters with completetely opposite personalities. Lexey wasn't sure how big this pack was, but the wolves she had encountered so far were all part of it.

With Flander Fields as their destination, the two-year-old and her chinchilla companion had set out for a small adventure earlier that day. Adelaida remained behind, showing no real interest for human artifacts as usual. Their primary goal had been to explore the area, that was until Pickles stumbled across a barrel of wine in one of the vineyards surrounding the city. It all went downhill from there. The rabbit-sized rodent had literally thrown himself in the pool of burgundy goodness. And it hadn't taken very long for him to attain complete bliss, causing him to act as if he was on top of the world.

Alexey watched the event unfold before her for several minutes, until she could take no more. She frowned, honey-specked eyes mirroring her mounting aggravation. "Think you've had enough now?", she asked before grabbing the chinchillidae by the scruff of his neck and pulling him away from the personality-altering liquid. Her previous actions did not go over well with her intoxicated companion, who proceeded to throw a tantrum right then and there. A series of high-pitched squeaks left the little creature's mouth, reverberating throughout the vineyard. It was amazing how such a little thing could raise such a ruckus.
[/html]
OOC: WOOT! *clings*

[html]
It had occured to a certain black shewolf this morning, as she had uncurled herself from a surprisingly uninterrupted night of sleep, that in all of her explorations in the territories surrounding her new home, she had failed to extend her knowledge of the leftover towns that shared only half of their lands with Dahlia. Wondering how in the world she could have missed it before, the Stormbringer girl had pulled herself out of her den in the predawn hours, taking care to stick to her morning routine of washing her wounded shoulder before setting her small paws in a southwestern direction.

Most of the morning was spent amongst the run down buildings of Wolfville, and Kol made a mental note to return to one particular shop in a few days' time. It was littered with trinkets and shiny jewelry, and there was one piece in particular that had caught her violet eye. It was a silver earring, with a dreamcatcher one it, a small piece of turquoise caught in the "net" portion. From the center of the net came a small silver chain, extending up to a cuff with a strange, stylized bird image carved into it. Never having an eye for all that glitters as her sisters did, Kol was nonetheless drawn to this particular earring, and she spent a considerable amount of time finding a good hiding place for it. She herself didn't know how to pierce an ear, but there was no doubt in her mind that someone in the lands did, and that she'd have no trouble finding out who.

Feeling a bit proud of her find, the young girl had then set out to explore the cemetery. There was something about these manmade burial sites that actually made the Stormbringer feel calm and peaceful, a sharp contrast to most of her siblings' inherent anxiety around them. As a pup, the one that was near her family's pack provided a perfect place to find solitude from those annoying littermates of hers, and she found herself curled up in some run down tomb fairly often.

This cemetery, however, appeared to be anything but calm.

As the black shewolf came closer to the brush-covered area, a series of squeaks and rodent-like screams filled her ears, very nearly drawing her into a headache. Blinking in slight surprise, Kol made her way to the source of the screams, only to find a wolf carrying around a, well a, a something around by the scruff of its neck as though it were a puppy. The thing looked like an odd cross between a rabbit and a squirrel, with perhaps a little bit of fieldmouse thrown in for good measure. The girl had never seen anything like it, and she raised a brow, violet eyes widening a bit in curiousity. "What on earth is that?" Apparently, the girl's firm grip on manners had gone a bit slack.
[/html]
[html]

"If you don't stop I-" Empty threats caught in Alexey's throat as a feminine voice caught her attention. It had startled the heck out of the Koios lady, enough for her to drastically loosen her grip around the chinchilla. Pickles consequently fell to the floor, his landing accompanied by a loud plop. She then turned to the ashen femme responsible for the turn of events, honey-colored eyes analyzing her from head to toe. The rodent's complaining immediately stopped as he too, examined the stranger. She bore a familiar smell, similar to both Haku and Daesavio; Dahlia de mai. Her inquiry sounded demanding; exigent enough for Alexey to flatten her ears against her skull. "C-chinchilla. He's a chinchilla. From Chile.", she said meekly. One of her front paws brought the little creature closer to her body, instinctively protecting him from whatever was to come. "Forgive him. He's had a bit too much to drink."

Well aware that her actions might be considered out of the ordinary, the little lady readied herself for further inquiries concerning her friendship with a chinchilla. Meanwhile, she made note of the other female's current form; four paws, four legs, no weird weapons... Could it be? Was she normal? It seemed a little hard to believe, especially since the other two wolves she'd met from Dahlia were shape shifters. Adelaida had warned her about this; how luperci pretended to be normal wolves only to catch prey. "You're one of them, aren't you?" She couldn't help it. Her tone of voice held a hint of accusation. Several emotions surged through her mind. Deep down, she sincerely hoped this girl wasn't fake.
[/html]
OOC: XD Shoooooort.

[html]
Kol blinked a bit as the grey girl spoke, her soft voice a bit timid to the black female's ears. Realizing she had probably scared the poor thing out of her wits, the Stormbringer offered a polite and apologetic smile. "I'm uh, I'm sorry for scaring you. I've just never seen an animal like that before. A chin-, chinchillla, you said?" She stepped a bit closer to the rodent as it huddled behind the other female's front leg, her ebony nose twitching as she tried to get its scent, her lips curling back in a delighted smile. "He's adorable!" Her violet eyes twinkled as she made the comment, tail wagging softly.

Kol's smile faded as the stranger spoke again, one brow quirked in confusion. "One of 'them?' Who's 'them?'" The Dahlia girl wasn't sure if she should be offended or not by the accusation, though the stranger's tone at the mention of the mysterious "them" had certainly been unpleasant. "The name's Kol, Kol Stormbringer, from Dahlia de Mai. It's a pleasure to meet you, and your unusual friend." Her friendly smile returned, though she was wary of the other girl for the moment, still unsure how to take her comment.
[/html]
[html]

<3

Intoxicated and momentarily fearless, Pickles mirrored the Stormbringer femme's every movement with great fascination. As she got closer, he too, moved forward until he was mere inches from touching her. The little creature simply stood there for a few seconds, beady eyes fixated upon those striking violet peepers. How embarrassing. As if he wasn't acting strange enough, a series of squeaky "Hicks!" suddenly left his little mouth, causing him to tip over and stop moving. The pseudo-mother could see his little chest rising up and down in a rhythmic manner, letting her know he was merely passed out.

Alexey's attention narrowed back to the stranger, making no effort to hide her astonishment. Aside from Adelaida, the lady standing in front of her was officially the first wolf to find Pickles adorable. "Yes... chinchilla." The tawny femme was about to apologize for her companion's behavior, but the Dahlia wolfess' inquiry came before she could say anything else. An exasperated sigh left her maw as she proceeded to explain."Them. Shape shifters." A few weeks earlier, she probably would've called them demons, monsters, or something similar to that. But now, ever since her encounter with Daesavio, she refrained from referring to luperci as such things. The Dahlia filix had been nothing but nice, perhaps this female was too.

The two-year-old returned her interlocutor's politeness, and introduced both herself and the chinchilla. "Alexey Koios. And that's Pickles." She nodded toward the rabbit-sized rodent before glancing back at the younger female. "Pleasure is mine."
[/html]
OOC: I love Alexey. ^^ And it's strange for me to play Kol in a semi-girly moment, with the whole cuteness factor with Pickles. She very rarely shows that part of her, but hey, she's still a GIRL after all! And you've made my work day go so much faster!

[html]
Ooooooh great, now what to do? Kol was warming to the unknown female, now known as Alexey, and her little companion. But the fact that she did indeed belong to the catagory of "them" that the girl so obviously disliked made her unsure of what to do. She wasn't necessarily offended by the new knowledge, but at the same time, she didn't want to put off the girl by telling her she was, in fact, one of "them." Perhaps it would be better to test the waters, per se, before admitting her "shifty" nature.

"Oh. Well, what's wrong with being a Luperci? The way I see it, it's just the same as being a different color, or a different culture, or size, right? I mean, just because you're a different color than I am, that doesn't make you bad." She hoped that her logic sounded as convincing as she wanted it to be. Kol wasn't one to hide the truth behind anything, and she didn't want to mislead her new friend into a false sense of security, only to have her find out the truth somewhere down the road and cry betrayal. The filix was perfectly content to be despised for being what she couldn't help being, but she would never allow herself to be liked for pretending to be what she was not. In her mind, being hated was better than being a traitor, a label the yearling strove never to wear.
[/html]
[html]

Hurray for making Jassy's day go by faster. Big Grin

Alexey blinked, as if trying to understand the reasoning behind the explanation given to her. To tell the truth, she was slightly taken aback. The black youngster definitely had a point. And the answer she had so elegantly offered probably meant that she too, belonged to the shifter category. The Koios femme remained silent for a moment, analyzing Kol's every word as if it was mathematical equation. What was wrong with being a luperci? Many things! Wolves were not meant to stand on two legs and use weapons as if they were human. It was against the laws of nature. She swallowed hard, attempting to picture Adelaida being chased down by that luperci brute. Lexey was visibly upset with herself, knowing she should have been there to help her sister that day.

"It is more than just being a different color, or a different culture." She lowered her eyes to the floor, ashamed with herself. "One of them threatened my sister with a knife and I wasn't there to protect her." A frown settled on her face, displaying her distaste for any creature who would dare harm her family. There was a burning sensation in her stomach, a strange feeling she had never encountered up until a few weeks ago. Hatred. "Like coyotes. They hurt our loved ones just because they find it amusing." Honey-colored eyes travelled back up to Kol's face before once again inquiring about her true identity. "Are you one of them?"
[/html]
OOC: I feel bad for replying so quick! DX

[html]

Kol's face softened as Alexey related the source of her prejudice. Maybe it was just a difference in upbringing, but the Dahlia filix was never one to cast a shadow over an entire group simply because of an individual's actions. Of course, that could also be because she'd been told firsthand how thinking like that could be misplaced. Her granduncle Freak had always thought all black wolves were evil and cruel, until he'd met her grandaunt. Unfortunately, logic usually took time to persuade emotion. With a heavy sigh, the Stormbringer answered the other shewolf's question. "I'm sorry about your sister, Alexey. Is she alright though? And yes, I am. It's a trait I get from my mother, and my grandfather. I'm not ashamed of it, though. It's not like I can help what I'm born as. And besides, it definitely lends an advantage to certain things."

She wasn't sure how convincing her words sounded, but unfortunately she also knew it may take the exact opposite of what Alexey had experienced in order to fully enlighten the girl. Kol was too smart to let herself believe that a single conversation would completely change someone's beliefs. And given that Alexey's first experience with a shifter was a dark one, could Kol really blame the girl?

Table by Tay

[/html]
[html]

Helllooo posting machine.
AND THANKS ALOT! Now Alexey's going to have a panic attack because she wants to be Kol's friend! D:

Lexey's ears perked up at the mention of her sibling. Bringing up Adelaida had always been the best way to catch the tawny wolfess' attention. She cared about her family, especially her littermates, more than anyone else in the world. She hadn't expected Kol to care about the outcome of her story, but it seemed she had been wrong in thinking so. She smiled ever so warmly as she spoke of her sister. "Yes, she's alright." The older femme could've left it at that, but she continued on with a request. It was of utmost importance for Kol to know who her sibling was; "Her name is Adelaida. If you ever get to meet her, tell her you're a-" Silence. Alexey stopped talking for a moment as she now realized what she was about to say. Could the Stormbringer lady be considered a friend, now? "friend of mine." She stated the previous matter-of-factly, not wanting to display anymore weaknesses.

"Since you're a... luperci and all, she might get scared." So, the Dahlia she-wolf was one of them after all. Lexey was unsure of herself. Deep inside, she had known the answer all along and now that it was a certainty, she still refused to walk away. Kol had shown honesty, and the Kiois femme was thankful for that. She didn't know how her sibling would react to such news, and it made her nervous a little. Perhaps Adelaida would feel betrayed of she found out about her own sister wanting to be friends with a shifter. Her mind was reeling; Alexey's emotions were tearing her apart. She was beginning to feel beyond stressed, and it was almost too much to handle. The two-year-old said the following against her own will, as she moved toward the chinchilla to pick him up. "I should go.",
[/html]