A Chance Encounter
[html]
OOC text | WC :: +000

Shadow as his back was to the tree rubbed up against it gently not making any noise and leaving his scent behind and then as he moved from the spot he took the dirt and the leaves and he put them onto his fur rubbing it in lightly masking his scent and very slowly he would lean down and put the dirt and leaves on the ground so as to not make any noise while moving. He watched Terra and with every step she took he took one as well and he matched the timing perfectly so that there was no sound at all. He kept this up until she got to the tree and knocked on it say she had found him. Shadow had worked his way around her and had moved to her back so when she said " I know your there" He spoke into her ear after she spoke and was calm.

Very good...but you can't always rely on your sense of smell. If you were to lose your smell and your sight what then...You would need to use vibration and feel your enemy. Shadow kept the lessons going until night had come and Terra was starting to show some real prowess and improvement. What she didn't know was that when night fell the real test would start.

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!' Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.Terra {padding:10px; border: 4px double #000; background:#225e5f; color:#fff; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%;}
.Terra b{color:#ecaf06; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; font-weight:bold;}</style>

OOC Stuffs go here

Hearing his voice in her ear Terra jumped in the air. Her eyes flew open as she spun around, bracing herself. She hadn't known that he was right behind her, though she'd known he was nearby. Panting she looked at him, measuring his calmness. He certainly knew what he was doing. Even if Terra managed to mimic and do what he asked, it was a poor copy, one that would only be improved with practice. Her eyes narrowed in consternation, and pushed herself to the limit, refusing to give in to the obvious weak points in her body.

By the time night fell Terra was exhausted. She hadn't felt herself improve, feeling more worn out than anything else. At the same time her heart pounded with joy, learning new things that she'd never known in a rapid time, things that would take her art to a whole new level, dumbfounding those around her. That wasn't to say it would happen all in one meeting. Terra would definitely have to make sure that she practiced, just as she did with her daggers. Axelle had taught her that just mimicking moves and repeating them over and over again did no good, but without a spar partner Terra was at her limit. She'd have to rely on her stealth and speed more than her poorly developed fighting skills. Ears swiveling she caught Shadow's movement behind her, and pounced on the large male. I win this round. The triumph was clear, even through the weary tone. Bouncing down Terra looked at him, ready for the next game.
Terra
Wordcount :: +000

template by revo. <3 - Table and code modifications by Alex

[/html]
[html]

Shadow moved quietly not being easy on Terra and when she had turned and jumped into his arms he held her close and nuzzled her lightly as he gave an approving whine and smile of satisfaction. It had taken time but she was catching on fast and learning the little details about the moments with a fluid like nature. He knew now that what she normally could do could in fact be polished and now when someone needed her help or if she were to be attacked, he had a feeling that she would do fine but he needed to see just how much she had learned and picked up from the long hours of constant training and re-training. He chuckled lightly as she hopped down from his chest and he looked around as night was around them and he wondered if her eyes were having trouble picking up his black fur on the backdrop of night. He looked her in the eyes and for a second wished she would tell him her name so that he could embrace her and say it with pride like his own mother had done to him so often when he was a pup. He stopped thinking of the past and remembered where he was and he spoke lightly.

You have done well, i am proud of you, i only have one test left and if you pass it then you are good enough to walk with the shadows, maybe not as a full fledged assassin but a tricky individual such as yourself will be able to make good use of it. The night has come and the color of ones fur can either help or hinder. At night as you can see, it can at times be hard to pick me out. You are fast and you have the hearing down and your reflexes are becoming sharp. I will run and take off into the night you will act as though i am your target and that you have lost be. You will wait 10 seconds and then come after me into the night. You must find me, catch me, and subdue me. Some assassins are given missions where they must deal with one stronger and faster then themselves this is your final test. Remember once i start running you count slowly to 10, focus and come in after me.

Shadow smiled and then without warning he turned and bolted like a bad out of hell using his extreme strength to power his legs and feet to carry him swiftly over the ashy floor. A he ran he counted to ten taking ash and dirt and putting it on his body to make him smell like the area around him and he stopped looked up and climbed into a tree and he hung there not making a sound and he was happy to see there was no moon, the only way for her to see him would be if she focused enough on a form that didn't belong within a backdrop of starts, it was a hard test but one he felt she could pass. Pass or not, however Shadow knew that he would be proud of her regardless.

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!' Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.Terra {padding:10px; border: 4px double #000; background:#225e5f; color:#fff; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%;}
.Terra b{color:#ecaf06; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; font-weight:bold;}</style>

OOC Stuffs go here

The approval that came from the dark wolf had Terra beaming. He might not hold her name, but he still held her close. She wished she hadn't slipped up giving her name, but she was Evera now, and would remain so until she was ready to reveal who she truly was, a playful sprite with no true feelings of good or evil, just a love of games. She met his eyes steadily, green eyes glowing in the dark. It was easy to pick out his form against the sky, the dark patch against the sky forming the wolf before her. Terra's ears flickered with pride at his words. She must have approved, even if she hadn't noticed it herself to get such words of praise.

The challenge of a last test had Terra's tail wagging. She knew the difficulty fur color could give, battling her own bright fur at times. She wished occasionally that she had fur more naturally gifted with moving in the night, but at the same time Terra was a vain creature, loving the bright flashes of red that covered her body. Nodding her head Terra closed her eyes. He was relying on speed more than silence this time, though it was still difficult to follow. It gave her a general direction to follow at least. She counted silently, trying to keep her ears from following every noise that ran past.

The time was past, and Terra set off after where she'd heard him run. All of her senses were trained, straining for something that would give him away. The further she went the fainter his scent became, disguised as he moved along. The path faded at one point, leaving Terra to circle helplessly, studying the ground. There was no moonlight to guide her, so finding the soft print of his paw in the ground was even harder. Once she had it Terra continued. Exhaustion lined her body, and it was as if she'd spent the day hunting relentlessly instead of playing games. At last she could follow the trail no longer. Terra would have to rely on her other senses to find him, the ones she used the least.

Her eyes scanned the terrain restlessly. There were plenty of burnt plants that he could hide in. At least where he could be was limited. Terra's mind mentally ticked off the hiding places, measuring their merits and uses. Each one was discarded until a tingling on her neck brought her attention to a tree. Much like the one she'd climbed earlier it was completely dead. Unlike the earlier one, it had a very large, untreelike lump in it. Grinning her tail wagged as she climbed the tree, nestling into his fur. Found you. Terra yawned, jumping slightly as she realized how deep her exhaustion was. She was still young, no matter what she did, and even as she became a full adult she didn't have the stamina yet to keep up with such long training, her body protesting the intense change.
Terra

[/html]
[html]

He watched her and he saw how tired she looked and rather than run like he was going to, making it near impossible to catch him he waited there smiling softly until she hugged him and when she did he picked her up in his arms and jumped from the tree down to the ground and landed barely bending his knees and he started to walk to where he had seen a formation of rocks that would make a good den for a single wolf like Terra. He beamed down at her as he walked and he lightly lapped at her ears and muzzle with his tongue in a happy, well done manner and he kept her close keeping her warm and comfortable.

After a little while he found the formation of rocks and he sat down against it and he was going to tell her that she could crawl in and sleep but when he had looked down to say his words she was out cold. He gave her a soft nuzzle into the fur of her neck and then he relaxed but kept his arms around her as he closed his eyes and for once in a long while he fell asleep truly at peace and the next morning he figured he might stay longer but he knew that he would need to be on his way soon. The idea of leaving Terra saddened him and knowing that he didn't know her true name made it a little worse but, names aside he knew that he cared for her like a big brother and she would forever be his friend and comrade no matter the tricks she might pull.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

Gathered up Terra laughed as Shadow jumped from the tree, feeling the rush around them. His soft licks and nuzzles comforted her as she burrowed into his dark fur. It was like being a child again, safe in someone's warmth knowing that nothing could go wrong. She would have fought to work her way out of his grip, insisting that she could take care of herself, but the warmth was just so nice, and before she knew it Terra had drifted off to sleep.

Waking up Terra nuzzled into the warmth she felt. Hearing a heartbeat Terra sat up. She lived in her room by herself. There shouldn't have been anyone else there. Looking over she recognized the assassin. Playfully she licked his nose before stretching and moving off him. Every part of her body was sore from the exertion yesterday, causing her to wince slightly as she moved. It had been fun, and it looked like Shadow had found a good place for them to camp. Terra glanced at her friend and winked happily. Looks like we survived the night. Her tail swished at the prospect of breakfast, knowing that she'd have to leave soon to continue her travel.
Terra

[/html]
[html]

Shadow slowly opened his eyes and he stood up and stretched lightly and he and even Terra would hear his bones crack loud. Possible that he had bones broken or he had been forced to train even under great pain. He shrugged off the sound of his bones and after he stretched and his muscles were ready he looked around and he smiled knowing that he and Terra both had the same idea for this morning.

Lunch? because i think that would be great. When we hunt i want you to use everything i taught you. Fur color or not, if you do it right, whatever you are hunting shouldn't be able to make a move before you have them.

He smiled knowing that what he just said was a challenge and a game at the same time but he knew she loved games. Shadow just being around her for a couple of hours showed that she loved games and excitement, Figuring her out was easy and he was happy with her attitude. He looked around and smelled and took in the scents and then he looked to Terra and nodded lightly.

Lead the way Shadow Walker. Shadow would follow behind Terra as if they were partners on a mission and he would not make a move or do anything unless she asked it of him or gave him some kinda sign.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

Terra laughed at the sound of Shadow's cracking bones. She might be sore from not being used to such exercise, but she wasn't so old her bones were going to start arguing with her. Playfully she bounced over to the dark wolf, pushing the aches away so that they rested in the back of her mind. She'd be perfectly fine moving around now, whether or not her muscles agreed. Might slow her down a tad, but she'd still have tons of fun. The suggestion to start hunting had Terra's tail wagging, especially with the added challenge of hunting in a place that was so scarce of life.

The nickname had Terra flashing a coy smile in his direction. She shifted into lupus form, hurting when she shouldn't have as muscles stretched and rearranged for her new form. Down on all fours Terra stretched out, trying to keep the kinks out. Her tail thumped the ground happily before she started off, darting across the ground. Keeping low she searched the area, looking for any possible signs of life. It took a fair amount of time, but she finally found a lone rabbit. Crouching down Terra pounced forward, racing for the creature.
Terra

[/html]
[html]

Shadow shifted along with her and followed closely behind as she moved making sure to mimic her every action and move. he stayed close and scanned the area as she did but he wouldn't be saying anything because this was Terr's hunt and she was the one to be the leader now. He breathed very slow, and quietly as he looked to the trees and to the ground. Shadow's ears picked up the movement of a small rodent before his eyes spotted it but he said nothing as he looked to Terra wondering if she would see it and go after it. Or perhaps she would hunt larger prey?. He watched her stance and her body's movements to see if he could tell that she saw it or not and by an abrupt stop he knew that she had seen the same thing he did so he remained quiet as he waited for her to move. She would have to get the jump on it without it seeing her or smelling her. it was easy prey but the challenge that was given to her was a little harder to pull off for such a small animal that could pick up there movements from the vibrations in the earth.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

Terra's steps were as light as they had ever been, barely stirring the ground. If one wasn't watching it would appear she truly was a ghost, not even touching the ground. The rabbit sat up, sensing that something wasn't quite right, but at that time Terra was there, teeth flashing. It started to run, but Terra had it by the neck. Sharply she shook it, breaking the neck. The rabbit didn't even have a chance to scream. With the kill in her mouth she trotted back to Shadow, tail held high with pride.

Depositing it at her teacher's feet Terra panted happily. She nudged at the rabbit as if to make sure it was dead before tearing a small chunk off and eating it. Happy she laid down on the ground, seeing if Shadow would eat the rabbit she'd brought for them to share. After all, she did owe him for teaching her so many wonderful things.
Terra

[/html]
[html]

Shadow watched Terra move and he smiled when she chose the time he would have chosen to make her move. He watched the rabbit and when Terra was half way to it he knew it was to late, The rabbit would be breakfast. He smiled at the bite and then the quick shake of the head to kill it. He had heard the snap and he knew the job had been done. He wagged his tail lightly as he saw Terra beaming with pride and as she lay it down at his feet he chuckled as she took a bite. He slowly leaned out and ripped off a good portion and took it down quickly. After his peace was gone he turned and headed towards a small pool of water that was near by. He smelled it and looked to the grass and other green plants that were near it and he knew it was safe. He lapped at the water and took much in due to being more thirsty than anything. He was always thirsty, probably due to his size and how active he was. He looked over his shoulder and gave a small bark to call Terra to the water and he waited for her before taking in some more. After getting his liquids he looked to her as he licked his chops and smiled.

You Have done well and you have learned quick. There is nothing more i can teach you. The rest is up to you. Practice makes perfect and i have practiced for years. I see great things for you. And i wish you all the luck in the world. You know that if you ever need me, I'll be here.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC congrats you get a catacomb

Shadow took the lion's share of the rabbit, with Terra rapidly devouring what was left. Licking her lips once it was clear she wandered over to where he was lapping at the water. She joined in, drinking the water deeply. Pulling back she licked her lips, clearing the last of the blood from it. Tail wagging she looked up at him. The black male was certainly patient, teaching her so much. Terra definitely didn't believe she'd learned all her tricks, but Terra wasn't eager to continue her lessons, satisfied with what she had absorbed. When ready she'd come back for more.

Terra nodded her head before slipping away, heading to follow the mountain. She loved travel, and nothing would stop her from following it. She would learn every piece of the land she wandered, and her heart would beat with it. Proud she kept her head held high as she moved, plans for the day already flitting through.
Terra

[/html]