A Chance Encounter
[html]
OOC text | WC :: +000

Shadow laughed as the boulder started to roll and fall down the little mountain of rocks and he walked backwards as the stone rolled and he made sure to hold onto Terra in the slim chance she lost her footing but by the way she had handled herself thus far he was quite impressed. After they had finally hit the bottom and stopped moving Shadow looked over his shoulder and saw the tallest rock and he jumped back doing a back flip and his feet landed firmly to the rock and he crossed his arms as he had an idea that would be fun for Terra. "King of the mountain." That was all Shadow had said before he lowered lightly and put himself in a defensive position and as he watched Terra closely he smiled and winked at her almost tauntingly knowing she would take his bate and come to him for the challenge.

" Lets see what you got pup...Can you end the tyranny of the Shadow King? Can you take the mountain from him, From me!!!"" Shadow let his voice boom showing just how low and powerful it could be but all the while a smile was stuck on his face as he watched the excitement in Terra's eyes start to grow, probably due to the idea of someone else making the game.

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!' Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.Terra {padding:10px; border: 4px double #000; background:#225e5f; color:#fff; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%;}
.Terra b{color:#ecaf06; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; font-weight:bold;}</style>

OOC Stuffs go here

Reaching the bottom was a rushing feeling. It felt so unsteady, staying still. She clambered down a little shakily, trying to still herself. Shadow was seemingly untouched by the ride. Terra grinned as he relaxed, her tail breaking into furious wagging as he flipped backwards onto the tallest rock of the pile around them. It was so impressive what he could do, an acrobat standing right before her. Movement like that was something that would have never even occurred to the feral child, constantly forgetting the flexibility two legs gave her.

Shadow declared himself king of the rock. Tossing her head Terra looked away, pretending not to notice the defensive posture he took on, the taunting look challenging her to try and fight him. Being called a pup ended that charade. Jade eyes flashing Terra growled, determined to prove herself mature. Pulling herself up to her full height Terra glared at him for a full half minute before breaking into a charge. She twisted around as fast as she could, scrambling for his back to push him off from behind, hooking his leg.
Terra
Wordcount :: +000

template by revo. <3 - Table and code modifications by Alex

[/html]
[html]

Shadow watched her movement, her legs, her eyes, Every movement and flinch spoke to him and told him her story. The challenge he proposed was more than just a game. He was very impressed by Terra. She was like a sister to him, Her natural skill and speed and acrobatics were keen and focused. She if given the right training and preparation could be a deadly opponent and Shadow wanted to see it all first hand. When he saw her act as though she didn't notice him he took note of it. An assassin needed to act like he didn't know there was an enemy around so they they could get the upper hand and turn a surprise attack into one that worked for the assassin. Shadow then lost his smile, still excited as he heard her growl. He knew his pup statement would work just from how she acted and held herself. In Terra's mind she was the top dog and demanded respect.

Shadow did respect her but he wanted to teach her some things. Be like a big brother should. He watched her move and run behind him and go to push him while locking his legs. He let the push happen and just as he legs were to get his he jumped and went to a dive and caught himself with his massive arms and he held himself in a handstand on a near by rock and he looked to her and smiled just before pushing off and heading towards her. While in the air he twisted and landed facing her and he attempted to sweep with his right leg and see if he could catch her and as he did that he followed through and kept spinning as he reached for one of her arms. If she could dodge the sweep and the grab then he would be impressed but if she couldn't then he would teach her.

Very good! you are fast! that works in your favor! speed can win a fight against a larger opponent if you use it right.

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!' Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.Terra {padding:10px; border: 4px double #000; background:#225e5f; color:#fff; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%;}
.Terra b{color:#ecaf06; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; font-weight:bold;}</style>

OOC Stuffs go here

Terra's attack worked, shoving him down while keeping his legs from giving him the balance needed to stop her push. Eagerly she clambered onto the rock. She was about to release a triumphant howl when his movement seized her attention. He had turned her movement into a dive, springing to hold himself on his hands. The movement shocked her, having her stare openly at his stance. It had to be difficult, being capable of holding himself like that. It was nothing she'd ever seen before. Her own movements were rough, self taught from hours of trial and error. Getting her to lose her balance was at least challenging now, though that had taken months of practice.

Again he pushed off, landing before her. Baring her teeth Terra crouched, prepared to defend her position. His right leg swept toward her, forcing her to duck. His movement wasn't finished, hand sweeping to catch her arm. Terra twisted to escape, only to feel his grip tighten. Deciding to take advantage of the fact that he hadn't landed yet Terra pushed herself off the rock, twisting so that he would slam into a rock behind them if he didn't let go. That's how I deal with bears.
Terra

[/html]
[html]

Shadow smiled at her attempt to have him eat it face first by her actually giving up ground but to do so was never something that should be done unless there was a plan already thought of. Shadow kept holding on and in fact he used her pull to held him tuck his legs inward so he could land on them. After he landed he let her go as she pulled so she would have to catch herself and if she didn't mind her footing then she would fall but like always he would be there to catch her or make sure wounds were kept to a minimal. "Ah...but i am not a Bear. Bears think one way, I think many." After he let her go to fend for her own balance he jumped high and over her head and his feet landed on two separate rocks and he kept the balance as he smiled to her and nodded continuing to be impressed with her. She was a Natural. What she had taught herself were some of the basics of an assassins training so she was already in the right direction and Shadow knew she would be a quick study as well if he were to show her things. Shadow moved forward and did the same move again, he made a sweep with his leg and then followed with a grab from his left arm and then his right stayed behind him and sprang out in a quick second swipe at her arm. As he did all this he manged to keep all the attacks and movement fast as ever but not strong enough to harm. If he felt a slash would connect he would wait till the last second to pull the blow and have it not hurt.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

Shadow brought himself to his feet with her momentum. Releasing sent Terra back a few steps before catching herself. Terra straightened up cautiously, measuring his next movement. She had to smile at his comparison. It was true that bears were rather stupid creatures. Terra could get food from them without even really trying. They always just charged wherever they thought she currently was. It could make things tricky if Terra didn't give them a direction to charge, uncertain of where they would think she was. Shadow twisted into the air, and Terra spun around, keeping her eyes fixed on him.

The same trick was pulled again. Shadow must have really viewed her as a child to do that. Terra easily dodged it this time, grinning. Another hand came out, and Terra twisted around, facing his back. She pushed from behind, throwing his calculations off with the added force. He'd have to move pretty fast for this one. As he flew forward Terra darted to where he would land. She reached her hand forward, ready to catch him across the face, forgetting it was just a game.
Terra

[/html]
[html]

Shadow knew she would dodge it this time and he was impressed again as she moved behind him and pushed and when she moved in front of him ready to catch him across the face he figured it was time to show just how different they were in skill. He was pushed and he judged the rate of decent and the time it would take for him to reach her and how fast she could swing. It all happened in an instant he caught his balance but kept the fall going making it look like he wouldn't be able to stop himself or her from hitting him. As was in the air he watched her fist and he raised his left hand in a block grabbing the fist and at the same time his right hand went out and with his hand in a claw position he stopped his attack and just let the five nails of his hand rest gently on her chest right where her heart would be and he slowly pulled his hand away and he stood as he looked down to her but he showed no dominance he had a look of pride on his face from how she had moved and fought. He nodded and gave her a smile as he relaxed his muscles and shook his hand a little making it loosen from being so tense. You catch on quickly and learn as you do. You have been giving me info on packs after we play a game. That game was mine so allow me to give you some. I'm an Assassin. Born and raised by my Father who was an assassin before me. I have been trained to see all and act fast and find the weak spot for every person. You have great skill and i consider you a sister.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

Terra's hand was grabbed, stopping her attack. Terra growled, trying to break free. Her mind raced, trying to see where the flaw in her plan had been. She hadn't noticed that he had figured it out until it was too late. It drove her crazy. She didn't have time to finish her analysis as his hand swooped in. Terra's eyes widened as she realized she couldn't dodge. She was dead. Shadow's hand hung softly over her chest, where her heart was. It was so loud, racing in her ears. Terra breathed deeply, the close encounter having her draw herself up. Throwing her head back she laughed, feeling well and truly alive. She had survived, and she was having fun.

Her eyes glittered as she met Shadow's, his own filled with pride. For what, Terra was unsure. She was simply enjoying herself, pushed to the limits of her abilities and carefree. There was no danger in what they were doing, no matter what Terra managed to come up with, as limited as her way of thinking was. Terra noted the tension shaken out, smiling as she realized she'd forced him to show a level higher than he had been expecting. His analysis was fun, revealing how much he'd understood. She was years behind him, but Terra would learn, and she would catch up as quickly as she could. Terra didn't understand what an assassin was, but his words of being trained for his reflexes and observation helped Terra feel better about being so far behind. His words of thinking of her as a sister meant nothing to her. She hadn't even given him her real name.

Shaking her head Terra looked at Shadow. I don't know what an assassin is. Should it matter to me?
Terra

[/html]
[html]

He watched her and couldn't help but chuckle at the way she acted to it all and he was willing to tell her anything he could but he stopped when she said she didn't know what an assassin was. He was pulled back as he thought about it...should he tell her that he was a trained killer of everything from bears to wolves and all other things. He thought about it and figured he would just come out with it and hope that everything worked for the best.

An assassin is a person who is trained to take out a target by any means necessary. An assassin kills those who have contracts out for them. I would meet with someone and he would say that he wants this person dead and an assassin would do it. No questions asked, no worries, just get the job done." As he watched her and waited for a reaction he wondered just what she would say or what questions she would ask. He hoped she kept it simple or better off not caring at all.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

Shadow joined in her merriment with his own laugh, but that quickly faded at Terra's questioning words. He became rather serious, drawing Terra's curiosity even closer. She looked over him carefully, measuring what his skills were. Sharp, honed reflexes and good observation skills. Protective, but willing to go through danger. She would peg him as a warrior were it not for the seriousness in his eyes at her reaction. Besides, normal warriors didn't know tricks like she did, and he knew even better tricks than her.

Her ears flattened at his words, mortified. Terra had never heard of something so unnatural before in her life. To kill was such a hideous, dividing choice. Terra would kill if she needed to, and feel no regret after doing so. That didn't mean she wouldn't try to force the other canine to submit first. A hunter she was, and took life to sustain her own. The harshness of life also meant taking life without need was very serious indeed. There were enough dangers out there without adding fellow canines to the list. Why would you do that?
Terra

[/html]
[html]

"Why would you do that" Those words echoed through his mind and body as he didn't even have to think about this one. He looked to her with sadness in his eyes and then he explained. My father, He was an assassin as well and he had made many enemy's before i was even born. My father use to work with a group of wolves all dedicated to the ways of the assassin and my father went rouge. I'm not sure it it was because of my mother or because of the coming pup or if he perhaps wanted to act without rules holding him back, I'm not sure. I'd like to think it was to take care of me and mother but the way he trained me and nearly killed it, he was preparing me for when that group would come after me, and they did. When I was two years old they came for me and my father, my mother had already passed and it was down to me and him.

My father was attacked by two and I was also attacked by two. I acted like a scared pup until they got close and before they knew what was happening I tore the throat from one of them and i got my hands on the other neck. I had killed both assassins before my father killed his two, when I looked into his eyes I saw no love, no hate, no nothing, just a will to kill. It was then that I knew my father was training me to take his place to have have me be prepared for other dangers. I never had a choice it was made for me when I was young. Shadow stopped and looked at Terra as there was shame in his eyes and what his past was like and then he took a breath and went on.

Again when i was 4 i was attacked bye three assassins, they had come during the night but they didn't know that by then i had trained long and hard to be like a ghost while in the darkness. They went into a cave I was staying in and they walked to the furs I was sleeping under and without warning they stabbed into it over and over making sure to kill me. They found out to late that i had heard them coming and was behind them and i set the bed to look like i was laying there. I had to be an assassin, even now at 5 years old i still watch my back for them, knowing that they will never give up. It's another reason i move around so much. If i stay in one place for to long they might find me.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

Extreme sorrow rested on the dark wolf. Terra knew what it was like to feel such sorrow now, her eyes soft as she listened. Before she wouldn't have been able to understand, having never experienced such emotions in her life. Terra felt the pain of his lack of freedom. She would die if she ever lost that, unable to cope with a life where she couldn't do as she pleased. The way he talked, so affectionately of his family, reminded Terra of her own home, left far behind. She couldn't return there, and Terra wouldn't try to do such a thing. She nodded her head briefly as he mentioned his mother died, not feeling the sorrow that perpetuated through her for the rest. Such death was simply life for her.

Terra's hackles raised as he spoke about the assassins coming, continually trying to kill him. He couldn't rest, as rest spelled death for him. Softly Terra nodded her head. I understand. She moved over to where he stood, nuzzling into his fur. She might have lied to him, but she did like the dark wolf who had given her such a challenge. Will you teach me? To walk so the shadows move with you? Terra had been too young to learn that trick before, but she was ready for it now.
Terra

[/html]
[html]

He looked to her eyes and he heard her question and inside he would love to each her and he knew to get her to his level he would have to be strict and firm for it was the only way. He wouldn't be as bad as his father but he would have to show her that one mistake could cost the life of herself or something or someone she might be protecting. He bared his teeth and his father shown through him and he stood up straight and looked to her with a calm storm in his stance.

If i teach you this. You must swear your life to me and to the lessons. The teachings must be used to protect your self and your loved one never for selfish gain. Swear me this and i will show you how to move like a shadow and strike like cold hidden on the wind.

He looked her over closely and watched her eyes, be it truth or false he would see her true intentions within her eyes, if she looked away then lie but if she could look him straight in the eye and say she swore it then truth. He would not create another Shadow but a Terra one of the shadows but fighting for something that had meaning and not because she had to like he was made.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

Terra felt Shadow pull away. Her green eyes glittered with anticipation, eager to start her lessons, seeing the world that she could become a part of. Terra would never be a proper killer. She walked her own path, heedless of the rules. It would be the death of her, but the thrill of the dance and the ability to move within grasp without ever truly being caught was something Terra strove for. She was getting better, so much better than one could imagine, but she was young and untrained. Now the key for the dreams she had stood before her, challenging her to take it.

The black wolf's request had Terra drawing back slightly. Swearing her life to someone was something Terra never wanted. It gave them too much power over her. Terra hadn't even officially dedicated herself to the pack, though her actions spoke her loyalty at volumes. She could already move like a shadow, she wished for more. Terra wished for the shadows to move with her. Meeting his gaze steadily Terra spoke. If you teach me, I will. Terra didn't speak her name, unwilling for that to fall into his hands when she had just done such a thing.
Terra

[/html]
[html]

Shadow watched her closely, her every move and motion of the eyes being taken in. He sensed doubt and then he sensed realization. He watched her eyes like a hawk when she was thinking and then he words came out softly but with meaning and he nodded lightly. He nodded once more and jumped back and he was heading towards a tree and at the last possible second he twisted and spun around the tree landing behind it. he slowly walked out from behind and spoke clearly and strong First! you must remember your surroundings!. You must always be aware of whats going on and what is around you. That one thing alone can give you the edge and turn a fight in your favor. You must always look for strong points, places where you will be easily hidden and can get the ambush on someone. You must look for weaknesses in the area and avoid them or try to get your pursuer to go into such an area. You must move quickly and silently without doubt and with instinct, If thinking about a plan of attack takes you longer than an instant then you have failed and you have died. After speaking of death he dashed forward and made that claw with his hand and he again must faster this time had his claws lightly touching where her heart would be. and his left hand was in a claw position as well and at her neck both just gently touching.

You must learn an Individuals weak points and hide your own, All of what i am telling you while make you a shadow, A shadow that if you wanted could become deadly in an instant. Everything about an assassin is about stealth and hiding emotions, however like myself i can hide emotion if i want but if i were to say become friends with a target and earn it's trust i could get the target alone and kill without problems from a pack of loved ones. Having and not emotions is good if you know when to use each.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

The agreement was accepted. Terra's mind switched to one of intense observation. His movements were quick, Terra carefully studying his movements, planning for when he would move. It was still too quick for her to catch, though she did catch the opening movement that allowed him to twist behind the tree. His words were blocked out after she registered them as something she had already learned as a pup. One didn't survive on their own as young as she had without learning to use the environment to their advantage, especially someone who didn't know how to hunt. His words about following instinct were unnecessary, as Terra already followed them unhesitatingly, having them save her life on more than one occasion. She did take longer than an instant to plan, but Terra felt that was necessary, developed in the time spent studying the area to be aware of what was available.

His dash forward had Terra knowing what was coming next. She slid back, barely keeping the hand from touching her. The hand at her throat had been unexpected, grasping her there, holding her still. To learn how to see another canine's weaknesses was her need. She already knew what was necessary, simply not the how. The only flaw was her inability to hide what she felt. It was the reason why she lost herself in lies, to keep others from discovering what was true and what was false. To slip her emotions behind a mask seemed somehow wrong to her, even if she was a thief. The point was not to get caught after all. Terra had plans for in case she did, but at that point hiding her emotions would be rather beside the point. She was the pupil though. Holding still had given her long enough to figure out how to slip through his grasp while she spoke. Slipping away as if he had merely been holding mist Terra quickly retaliated with a sharp claw of her own to his chest, aiming to strike the chest as he had done.
Terra

[/html]
[html]

Shadow watched her movements and muscles closely and when she had sent her attack out he was ready for it. He simple turned his body making her hand go across him and then he took his left hand knocked it upwards and then his right moved quick like a snake and he had a single Finger nail pushing lightly against her chin and he growled as he looked into her eyes. Focus! You have speed but you are to easy to read. If your enemy sees whats coming he can plan ahead and find the weakness ahead of time knowing the attack that is coming. With no emotion, it is more than just feelings and facial expression. Your body and muscles but also be hidden and still like a rock unmoving and no way to tell what it is going to do. Shadow removed his finger from her chin and then he stood still and lets his arms hangs at his sides and then slowly he closed his eyes seeing her with his ears and the sound of the area around him.

With true mastery of ones area and senses an assassin wont ever need there eyes. They should be able to move, fight, dodge and attack without there eyes. when you can do this then moving with the Shadows will be easy.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

To have her attack blocked so easily was frustrating. She wasn't a fighter, that was true, but it still irritated her to have lost so easily, when she was used to being difficult to grasp. Facing someone that was so superior in skill to her was challenging. Allowing the emotion to fade from her body was the most difficult request ever given to her. It was a double lie, to him and her body. It wasn't a lack of focus, but a focus so intense it poured through every pore of her body, and now she was being asked to shut that off.

His eyes closed, and her entire body went on high alert, taking in what he said. Closing her eyes Terra listened to what was around her. The moving of the wind, the silence of the area, drained of life. Her breathing, and Shadow's breathing, filled the gap between them. Using her sense of smell she navigated around him, managing not to trip. At the back she clutched his fur before opening her eyes. It was interesting, and much easier than trying to bluff what she was feeling.
Terra

[/html]
"Good.....very good, now i'm going to move without a sound and as i do that i want you to take three jumps back and then work your way to me. When i say now do it....now!!!" Shadow jumped three steps just as she did and managed to land when she did as well making it sound like he hadn't even moved at all and he placed himself behind a tree with his back to it and what he didn't tell Terra was that three jumps behind her was a tree and if she was unknowing of it she would hit it.

He watched her every move almost not breathing now as he made it tougher for her to find him and as she moved he kept his eyes on her face seeing if while she moved with her eyes closed if she gave anything away. Shadow would make this tough on her and it hadn't even begun to really get hard. Shadow knew that Terra would be able to catch on because of her natural talents but they needed to be tuned and polished. Terra was ignorant, and she was confident, both of those things weren't bad but out of control could end up killing her.
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

Terra's ears twitched at Shadow's instructions. They were rather confusing. There was a tree behind her, and Terra was pretty sure jumping back like that would get her to hit it. She had decided to trust him however. Carefully Terra jumped back. On the third one she felt the tree behind her, and twisted to land behind it. It hurt, smacking into it. The maneuver lacked the grace that Shadow's had held, but Terra wouldn't let that faze her. He was much older, with more time to spend on such things.

Leaning against the tree Terra calmed her breathing. Her ears swiveled, catching even the tiniest sounds. There was no sign of Shadow there. His scent couldn't be disguised as easily. Opening herself up Terra took a deep whiff of the air, acknowledging the death that clung so heavily to everything. The life of every single last thing that managed to survive here struck her like a rock, too loud to ignore. Shadow's large presence was easy enough to determine. Smiling she moved around, using her sense of smell to guide her to where he was. She hit the tree he'd hid behind, and rubbed her head, grumbling. I know you're here.
Terra

[/html]