You won't be on your own, i'll stand by you
Dated 18th Feb

She was quite pleased as she put the last of her traded items away, the hybrid had done quite well if she did say so herself. From the small amount of things she had taken with her, mostly almost worthless junk, Jace had managed to trade for increasingly more and more valuable stuff until the things she had with her now were pretty much priceless, at least to her they were. The polar bear fur skin that had been a absolutely spectacular find although it had quite a bit it was worth it. Contentedly the female stroked the plush, thick white fur beneath her ashen paws and placed it almost reverently back into the box.

She also had a few gifts for the children to give to them during their coming of age ceremony, the thing that really caught her eye though had been the bleached arrow and bows that she had found discarded or misplaced. The woman had asked a few vendors and people if the lovely artifact belonged to them and was met with a negative answer. After several days she eventually just assumed ownership of it, she planned to give it to Honrin. The arrows as well were bleached and had multicolored feathers as their stabilizers, all in all a beautifully made piece.

A noise caught her attention and the female quickly stashed away her acquired goods up into a high place where the pups couldn't reach and Temo was unlikely to search. The noise turned out to be little more than her cooking tripod falling from its hanging position so she set it back straight and made sure it would remain there. With the kids and Temo out Jace decided she might as well get on with her rounds, the female knew nothing of their leaders departure after her stolen child and so it was with an air of happiness that she made her way towards the stables, intent upon dropping on on Sage and seeing how the coyote woman was doing.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... retkey.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Patiently, she was waiting for the sun to set, for the tides of responsibility to receded and for the night to be hers alone for a while. Such thoughts were wishful, this much she knew and while they were the thoughts of whimsy she knew them to be foolish and so far out of reach. As expectantly as the sun rose in the morning, it would recede on the horizon and night would then follow in this seamless rhythm. But the tides would not withdraw so easily. Perhaps her head would bob just a bit above its surface but then she would be submerged again when the light of morning touched her face. Truly, all she could do was hold her breath and carry on and have faith that someone would pull her back to shore again.

In the mean time, she was content to wade and travelled around the borders awaiting the night. Her muscles ached from her jug earlier that morning; a little endurance training to keep her alert and body in its fittest as well as a means to bide her time. Mainly it was an attempt to distract herself, but she felt her reasonable compromise of intention even to herself was believable.

She walked around the borderline with slow, careful steps taking note in mild amusement how the auburn locks of her mane contrasted heavily to the pure white of the innocent snow. Upon four legs with mane unkempt and wild, she truly looked the part of a warrior queen trailing rivulets of blood in her wake. She would have never had seen herself so vile, had the image not been amusing for a time. Her nose was kept low as she meandered through her rounds with ease and even went so far as to step into the bloody puddle to further her ill placed amusement, missing of course but was for the moment appeased as she paused in stride standing within the world of white as a radiant flame atop unmelting snow, stomping fruitlessly on her own tendrils of fire.

345 words.

[/html]
[html]

As it was the woman never made it to her intended destination at the stables for she came across X'yrin's scent not far into the journey and instead began to track the Exultare female. Jace knew nothing of her ascension to leadership, her promotion from Prestige to sub leader had shocked her but it was not as though Xy was unworthy of such a position. As she walked the woman shifted herself, slowly sinking down to lupus form where the woman was closer in size to a dog than to a full blooded wolf, tiny in comparison to most but that didn't diminish any of her fiery nature.

The cold soon to be evening air set her fur to fluffing up to provide some measure of defense against it. It had taken a lot longer for the chills to die down than it had done for her fur to dry out. She growled a little to herself as she thought of Shiloh. But Jace hadn't seen or scented the woman since her return in the early morning so maybe she had gone for good, that would please her enormously. The wolfdog huffed and broke out into a steady lope, head still close to the ground as she caught traces here and there of X'yrin's scent.

The red of X'yrins fur contrasted heavily against the snow and so she was easily spottable in the white dead snowscape. No trees or bushes to hide her form from amber and blue eyes. She snorted and brought her speed up to a faster lope to cover the remaining few hundred meters or so, finally stopping several feet away with her brown tipped tail wagging and her ears pulled back slightly,

"Namaste X'yrin. How fares you today?" Her words were bright, cheery almost, she had been gone a little under ten days, it was good to be back.

<style type="text/css">
.jacemountain b {font-weight:bold; color:#142d45; letter-spacing:1px;}
.jacemountain .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px 10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right;}
.jacemountain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jacemountain {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#476b85; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/15mczo6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 450px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#fef4e7; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... retkey.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Entertaining as playing with her mane might have been initially, soon that act too was deduced as trivial and the woman relinquished her play in the blood puddles and simply sat to await the fall of day. There was much on her mind, perhaps more than she could handle at the moment but try as she may to ignore the creeping thoughts, the harder they fought to stand out and be acknowledged. Just a calm moment to collect her thoughts and point herself in the direction she wished to go. Was that too much of a task for the ancestors to grant?

But like a saving grace in the midst of her inner turmoil and boredom, and familiar form came bounding through the snow. Her head turned from the ground with ears poised forward to the distant shuffle of snow. Her tail raised in recognition of the dark brown mane bobbing against the white then swiftly came to life in generous sweeps of the air. Her previously crestfallen maw brighten with the pull of a smile on her lips as both friend and comrade drew nigh to greet her. X’yrin stamped forward toward the pack Yakuso raising a heavy paw to come down lightly against her shoulder in friendly greeting.

“Jace!” she exclaimed with maw split in an exuberant smile. “Goodday to you, my friend. I haven’t seen you in a while.” A shameful truth but one just the same. With the festival garnering the attention of most of the pack’s inhabitants, it was a wonder the Nomad crossed paths with anyone at all. To see her warrior-hearted brethren was truly a treat blessed by the ancestors in her eyes, in a round-about way heeding her silent plea. “These days have been troubling, and this day is no different. Much has happened since I’ve seen you last. And still more is yet to unfold. But please my friend, be kind to distract me from these troubles,” she smiled wearily hoping that her dear companion would oblige. “Tell me, how have you been these past days? Have you gone to the Festival at all?”

353 words.

[/html]
[html]

584+

If asked by any then Jace would say herself that her only importance within the pack was not to dominate and raise herself above others but to provide a figure of trust at a high station that others could come to for advice and guidance. A friend to speak to or a knowledgeable higher rank to question, if they felt they could not mention to the leader such things. Jace was first and foremost a friend to almost everyone, she tried to be kind and courteous to all unless they proved themselves undeserving for one reason or another. Again Shiloh was a point of her anger, the woman had insulted her, challenged her, and disrespected her at every turn without seeming to care at all. Unless they had gained members shes knew aught about then Jace could say she knew pretty much everyone at an acquaintance level. And so as she was a open ear to those lower than herself she was also one to those higher with Nayru at least and now soon to be with X'yrin albeit unknowingly.

As far as Jace knew X'yrin was still sub-leader and so Jace greeted her as she always did save the slight pulling back of her ears. A welcoming bark falling from her maw as the larger and more weighty mahogany paw was raised to her shoulder. Like in their respective optime forms in their four legged too X'yrin manged to make Jace seem as small as a pup with her overwhelming size, which although this was not a hard task to accomplish, Jace being under average in height and weight categories, her friend made her look like a child in comparison. Her greeting was returned with solid slices of a golden and cream layered tail.

Her brows drew together at the mention of trouble, wildly distorting the long healed slashes that had been laid into her face by one so cruel and unkind. It was on the tip of her tongue to inquire after the trouble that brewed and caused X'yrin such a worrisome visage when by her own request a desire to be removed from such thoughts was given to her. Despite her burning curiosity to know and maybe right what was appearing so wrong Jace obliged her assumed sub leader and instead began to speak of the festival she attended,

Yes I did travel down to seek out that festival. Neela took Dalgina down with her in that boat she has and I'll admit i won't be able to rest until she is back safely. For a second, a haunted shadow filled her eyes before she shook away the sadness, There was much to see and trade while I was there and I did stop in on several of the pack tents, although through bad luck or just bad timing I did not see any of our other friends from Casa or New Dawn attending. I started with not very much but over the last ten days I've acquired many useful objects and trinkets that I can use. I found a bow and arrows made in the style of my people which I spent much to finally have. It was visible to see that her attainment of the bow was a large deal to Jace who was without the skills herself to make the bow but could make the arrows as she was taught. Her own bow crafted for her by her mother had been left behind in the slaughter along with her other possessions.

<style>
.jace-b01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jace-b01 p {padding:0px 35px 5px 35px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jace-b01 b {color:#fff; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #000;}
.jace-b01 {background-color:#010123; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KPM6Q.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 50px 0px; border:1px solid #D0D9E1; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:13px; color:#442833; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.jace-b01-border {width:477px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.jace-b01 .separator{width:322px; border-bottom:1px dashed #fff; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]