Twist of Fate
Amy stood over the assassin, watching him struggle. There was no further need to attack. He was defeated. She had proven her prowess, her ability to defend and fight for what she needed without the weakness of emotions. She stepped forward slowly, enjoying the image of her opponent, conquered by her movements. Taken in by the act Amy choked out a yelp as he secured her into a headlock, holding her close. Without hands she couldn't easily work free from his grasp. She simply twisted around, her fur bunching with her muscles as she moved.

Forced to meet his eyes Amy couldn't look away, couldn't help but see the raw emotion and care inside there, the kind that she'd always pretended wasn't there. Nuzzled softly Amy didn't know what to think. Did he really, genuinely care for her? His words of being willing to die for her confirmed it as the truth before finally, thankfully releasing her. Amy stood, confusion through her face, before slowly morphing into optime form. You care for me, but that doesn't mean I'm like you. Amy turned, heading back for the wagon where her pups were curled up, a sign of trust that she finally dropped her guard around him.
Shadow watched her face and then as she walked over to the back of the wagon he got up and moved unhindered by his wound. He moved behind her left shoulder looking at the pups as well and he placed a hand on her shoulder tenderly.As he looked to the pups he spoke. " If you care for these pups, which i know you do, then you will be an excellent mother and i have faith in you.

"Amy, I know what you hide...why you hide it, your past haunts you and you run from it, that is why when given a obstacle now you rush head long into it and break it down because you can't face that past...I would help you, help you break down these barriers you have, then when that was done you would feel more alive and better than you have in a great many moons."

He looked to her as her face was turned away from him and to her pups and he did his best to read what she may have been thinking or what she might do. Shadow knew that if he kept digging and giving support he could get through to her but given her past he knew that she could turn and tackle him to the ground at any second if she so wished and he would let her. Shadow could only guess at how much she has suppressed over the many moons that have past from so long ago and he knew that when that top was removed he would be in for a lot of punishment.
Amy tensed up slightly as he touched her shoulder. For the first time her guard was down, and here was someone who could take perfect advantage of that. He didn't though, just leaving her to watch the pups come over, playful and happy. They knew her instantly, leaping to try and reach her, leaving her to reach down and pet them tenderly, knowing that so much of their life hung in the balance, swinging between deadly and dangerous. If she could she would smooth the path for them, but that would do them no favors with the life she lead. They would have to face those obstacles on their own.

His words about hiding her past had her bristling. There's nothing wrong with my past. She would never tell anyone about the pain that she suffered as a child, the horror that she suppressed, pretending it had never happened. Amy would never mention that once there had been five siblings, instead of just the three she and her parents acknowledged. After all, they were a simple loss in the battle for attention, fighting to be the best, to be the strongest, wiliest, the one to be acknowledged and accepted as true family.
Shadow saw her fur stand up and he said nothing more about Amy's past, Shadow did not know about it that was true, however he knew it was hell from the way she acted and he knew that when the time came and she did want to finally speak to him about anything she would have to be the one to do it. Shadow knew he couldn't force the issue and so he didn't. He removed his hand slowly and turned his back from he and walked over to a stump and slowly he sat on it and his face went blank as he looked tot he ground and his mind went over everything that had happened in his life.

He watched things in the past happen with perfect clarity going from point to point and day to day. He looked over all his choices and all of the reactions to them. He knew he had reached Amy it was now just a matter of waiting. He slowly closed his eyes and willed all the thoughts away and his ears swiveled around and slowly Shadow closed out all thought and sound of his body and just listened to the area around him. Shadow would do this to ease himself and to see the world around him with his other pair of eyes, his ears. He didn't move a muscle except for his ears and his breathing almost became nothing as he let time pass. He listened to Amy and the pups and to the other creatures in the area.He started to Meditate.
Amy brought her pups close, letting them crawl over her in optime form. It was probably a strange experience for them, since she was almost always in secui form around them. It was much easier for her to defend them that way, and easier for them all to nurse when she had more than just two nipples. Arianne managed to push her way past Douglas and Gabriel, allowing Lilith to climb up next to her. The sisters appeared to have quite a bond forming, helping each other out as often as they punished each other. Amy could already see in her mind the two dark sisters, working together to bemuse and conquer those around them.

Shadowfang moved away, and Amy watched him begin to meditate. She had never followed the ritual herself, keeping herself already distant and cold enough to not need it. Doing such a thing also threatened to open herself up to all the feelings and memories she kept cut off. Sighing Amy watched him for a while. The pups entertained themselves, fighting and exploring the small space of the wagon. Amy never interfered in the fights, allowing them to flourish for competition. The only sound of disapproval was when Gabriel managed to almost suffocate one of his sisters, getting him to move off her.

Relaxed Amy finally moved over. She stood before the assassin for a short time before speaking. There's nothing wrong with my past. I did what I had to to survive. The same with my brother, the night he killed my sister. Amy fell silent again, letting her words sink in, unwilling to explain more.
[html]
OOC text | WC :: +000

He felt and heard her movement and he remained unmoved as she spoke to him he focused on the words and the meaning behind them and then while he kept his eyes closed and his body like a stone he spoke with a even, calm voice. You did what you had to, to survive, I understand that and i do not question it. I would not have had the pleasure of meeting you if it wasn't for you surviving.

All i mean by my words, is simple. You Amy are no longer alone. You have your pups, who will love you regardless of your choices and actions. But before them not including your slave you had me. I felt not weakness but a change in you during these past many moons. The moment i met you while you were pregnant with your pups I have seen things that prove to me, that you are more than a cold blooded killer.

Amy you have beautiful pups and they are all strong and healthy and if you would allow me, I want to stay and help out with anything i can. For this once don't expect trade, or a deal. Tell me what you feel is right, Do what you feel is truly right and i will follow and obey whatever the choice.

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!' Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
template by revo. <3

[/html]
His words of not being alone tore open her armor. Furious the beast inside her emerged. Amy shifted into secui form, roaring her pain and anger. She would show this fool who he was dealing with. Amy wasn't some female to woo with sweet words. She was an equal to those around her, and would accept nothing less. Amy launched herself at the assassin, words leaving her with the beast fully unleashed. The darkness inside was fully uncovered.

It was as if a veil had been torn open. Birds fled the area, feeling the immense killing intent. The wind grew stronger, plants whipping around wildly. Her fangs flashed as she leaped for Shadowfang's throat. He wouldn't live through this if she had anything to say. Pure madness shone in her eyes, the small part of her that was innocent locked away, screaming in fear and pain. Her paws slashed forward to force him back.
[html]

It all happened so fast...The growl and then the release of murderous intent. He opened his eyes and saw the look and the fangs and he brought up his hands and grabbed both jaws in each and held them open and away as he flew back and he hit the ground looking up at her. His Face had no anger, no sadness no emotion. Only his eyes had something in them. He stared long and hard into the eyes of Amy hoping she would see him and stop and as she held him to his back trying to tear him into peaces he spoke gently and calmly. Amy...You don't have to fight anymore....you can share the burden...you can have others in your life...i can be part of your life..You control your own destiny. You love and i know it...Come back Amy, Come back. he made sure to hold her back so she didn't tear out his throat but he didn't harm her or try to throw her, he is acted like an enemy then he would lose the only chance he had to have her be free of the demon within, but she would have to fight it herself.

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!' Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
template by revo. <3

[/html]
Halted in her onslaught Amy growled helplessly, held away from tearing the wolf into shreds. Drool dripped down as her paws pressed into his body, keeping him in place. Her head was pulled back as she tried to shake the hands loose, trying to get her fangs free so she could do what she wanted to do, tearing him into shreds that no one would ever bother picking up. The darkness in her eyes combated the gentleness in his, trying to keep him from entering and finding where the sweet soul was, hiding in tears.

Inside Amy heard soft mutterings, so distant from where she was that it might as well have been nothing. Curled up in the back she tried to keep the pain from overwhelming her. Amy couldn't even attempt to try and rebuild the wall that had kept her from breaking down before, broken down so far there weren't even fragments to scrape together. She should have never let him get so close. Amy had known it was dangerous. Outside the beast raged, tears trailing down it's face as it howled frustration.
[html]

Shadow saw the tears and he pressed on knowing there was love and peace behind the image of a devil hound. He held tight and didn't let his hand slip for a single bite from her would have him thrown or worse.

Amy....Let it go....please....Let go of all that hate and pain. Amy I love you, and i will not fight you.

He pulled her close against the strength of her legs as he touched his nose to hers and he stared her in the eyes. He cooed like he had done with the pups and he tried to get her as close as he could without having to worry about her tearing into him. He remained on his back and didn't dare try to gain height because the change might have shown dominance and he didn't want to show that. He kept hold of her as the beast roared and tried to snap but his hands had grabbed teeth and flesh alike. As Shadow kept her back his hands had lightly be cut by her teeth and he saw the blood from them slowly start to drip into her mouth. Shadow knew that his blood could do one of two things, it would either make her blood thirsty and even more crazed or the blood would wake her up and let her see what she was doing. Shadow would continue to talk calmly but he hoped for the later result.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
The words echoed inside her, trying to reach the tiny bit of her that was still real, that wasn't lost to the monster and rage inside her. The demon continued to thrash in his arms while whispers of love reached the dog's heart. She couldn't believe it. She had been hurt so much, thorns piercing through and infecting her. It took all she had to hold on and not slip into the last bit of madness, even as it ate away at her. Letting go of the pain was so much easier to say than do. It meant facing everything she'd done, every wound she'd ever endured.

The taste of blood on her tongue whipped her into a frenzy, attacking desperately. Inside Amy began to slowly dig through her memories, feeling the pain and letting them go. Even as she managed to finally rip herself loose from his grip Amy was at last healing, allowing the pain to fade. Each lunge and attack was weaker, until at last she stopped. All that was left was Amy herself, the demon inside her finally cleansed. The innocent dog she used to be stood fully exposed. She shifted into optime form, shivering slightly as she felt how completely exposed she was. Scared brown eyes met the assassin's. Is it true?
[html]

Shadow rolled as she broke free and he kept dodging and jumping out of the way to keep her from tearing at him but he saw it. She was attacking less and less, her anger slowly leaving her body until finally she stopped and just looked at him. He waited as she shifted and then he heard her words and saw her eyes for the first time. He Saw the Amy that was behind the demon and he slowly walked over. Without saying a word he walked forward and took her into his arms and held her tight. It was probably the first Embrace she had ever had and he knew that the simple action would give her the answer she needed and wanted. He places his chin on her head and lightly he nuzzled her letting her fell his promise from so long ago.

I told you, I would stay with you. I love you Amy, Always have, Always will. He licked her ear and rested his head as he waited to hear from Amy, he would be patient knowing that such a change would be a shock for the strongest warrior.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
Left so open, so vulnerable, was terrifying. There was no protective shell of anger to wrap around herself anymore, nothing to allow herself something to hide behind. There was just herself, scared and for the first time acknowledging that maybe life didn't have to be as harsh as she'd always seen it as. Shadowfang's arms wrapped around her, holding her close. Warmth drifted through her body. It was everything she'd ever wanted and always denied herself.

The words of love had Amy crying. Her pups heard the distress, whining from inside the wagon. Wiping her eyes Amy scooped them up into her arms. It was the first time she'd touched them without them earning such a right. Tiny cries of happiness and surprise broke from them as they snuggled in. She turned back to the warrior that had fought so long and hard for her, even against the demon inside her. He'd kept her heart alive and protected. She leaned over, pups still tumbling in his arms, and kissed him. It expressed her love, her joy, how much she wanted him to stay, to always be with her.
[html]

He smiled at the kiss and as she pulled away lightly he looked down to the pups in her arms and he started to Kneel lightly and he showed them his face and there were little whines and barks as if the pups knew as well that things were going to be better. He chuckled lightly as he stood there and then he noticed a feeling of liquid on his hands and he looked to them both and they were bleeding lightly. He watched the blood and thought about why it had been caused and what the blood has been spilled for and he smiled.

Scars were memories and this memory was among the best and he welcomed any marks that would appear on his hands. He turned his attention back to Amy as he leaned it and nipped lightly at her ear and then he licked his cheek as he walked behind her and held Amy and the pups in a big hug. A new family had been created thanks to the selfless ways of Shadow and not only a life was saved, but 5 including Shadow himself. Shadow had found love and he knew in his heart that no matter the individual light could still exist in the darkest of hearts, for Darkness needs the light to shadow and light needs the shadows to shine.

Together forever.

template by revo. <3

[/html]