Nudist Colony
[html]

WC:300+ -

With things going well between Anathema and Ichika so far his duties shifted to a different purpose. While X’yrin had interacted with the pack known as New Dawn a bit more than he, he still didn’t know much about it specifically. The grey male had heard rumors about the pack itself, it’s clinging to their more primal nature. He had also learned via rumors about their packs more racist agenda when it came to different types of canines. All of this while not exactly being a bad thing contributed to a feeling he had about future conflicts that would involve this pack and a stronger more dug in opponent that harbored the same hatreds except in reverse.

What Saluce didn’t want was for Ichika to be stuck in the middle of it, but nothing was for certain, he couldn’t go on rumors alone. Nor could he effectively consul his mate on the intricate possibilities and situations that could arise by their closeness. If Ichika was to keep its neutral position then knowing their neighbors and knowing how each pack around them thought of the other would be a key and how to stay out of their petty conflicts even better.

He brought along with him something X’y had insisted he do, her nomadic nature was in part responsible for the gift he drug, the small doe was a gift to whomever decided to meet him at the borders. Since the trip wasn’t that long he had hunted it along the outskirts of Ichika and just dragged it the rest of the way here. His nose tilted upwards and his voice drifted skyward as he called out to the naturalist pack, seeking an audience with a more upstanding member, so that he could clearly speak and gain basic information as to their close neighbor.

Image courtesy of Frau Böb@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.ST-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.ST-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.ST-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ST-K-01 {background-color:#cec6a2; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7827/sal1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .ST-K-01-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
Zalen Damaichu
Zalen is in lupus.| WC :: +341

He was dreaming again, that dream that he often had where he and his pack ran through the stars. This time, they landed on the mountains of the moon and sang their joy into the sky. The howl was loud, very loud, and Zalen twitched suddenly, his apple crisp eyes opening to bright sunlight. For a moment he was confused, disoriented, as his eyes adjusted to the light that was filtering in through the ferns at the entrance to the den. Had he really heard a howl? Glancing around he noticed others also had their ears perked, and looked to him expectantly. It must have been so then.

Zalen lifted himself from his laying position and gave a yawn and stretch before shaking himself off and heading out into the light. It was still cold today, but the sun managed to peak through the clouds just enough to warm his fur as he run. The call had come from the border close to Ichika, and he wondered if it might be one of them visiting. He had had such a good time romping through neutral territory and bringing down a bull moose with X’yrin the other day. He felt that the closer he became with the new Ryu of Ichika, the better their alliance.

It did not take too long to reach the borders and as he neared the strong scent of blood and Ichika came to his nose. The blood was not wolf, but deer, and when Saluce finally came into view Zalen spied the carcass with curiosity. He slowed his pace to a leisurely trot, his tongue lolling out of his mouth and his tail already wagging. Though their last meeting had been under difficult circumstances, Zalen respected X’yrin’s mate and his dedication to Ichika.

"Greetings, Saluce!" Zalen barked out he neared, his stance one of relaxed dominance, "What is with the doe?" He asked quizzically. The ebon alpha would not bring himself to think that this had been hunted on his lands, so his curiosity was surely peaked.

i run wild, i run free
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

WC:300+ -

It didn’t take long for his call to be answered, his jaws dropped the doe in front of him. Such things weren’t his usual way of operating but he was able to see the wisdom in it. Gifts caught people off guard and lessened the tension of the meeting, allowing a more subtle and subdued meeting. He sat silently in his four legged form. Saluce had the habit of using the more bulky of the two forms if he chose to walk along this way. The behemoth sat and waited pleasantly as the shuffle of snow caused his ears to perk a top of his head, along with his eyes shifting in the direction of the approaching canine.

The appearance of the packs alpha graced his eyes as his head dipped slightly in respect and in greeting. Saluce wasn’t a man who dealt with the pleasantries of wolf behavior and dominance when it pertained to canines not associated with his pack. Though he wasn’t beyond simple signs of one’s claim and position just that it held no authority over him. Saluce was addressed and the doe was brought into question, he had thought it was rather obvious why he had brought it a long with him, but now he decided it needed to be explained.

“Bonjour Senior Zalen, It is a gift… I must admit it was X’yrin’s idea. I come to seek an audience with you to gain more knowledge about your pack and its intentions. Since I’ve heard some rather questionable rumors that I’d either like to have dispelled or confirmed depending on how much truth is to them.” His message was clear, he wouldn’t go darting off into the wilderness like some puppy in play, although he didn’t mind doing so with X’y but his meeting today was one of more formal means.

<style>
.ST-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ST-K-01 {background-color:#cec6a2; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7827/sal1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .ST-K-01-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
Zalen Damaichu
OOC | WC :: +000

The short spoken man did not take long to let Zalen know just exactly why he was here. He offered the deer as a gift, at the behest of his mate, and said that he wished to meet with Zalen to dispel or confirm some rumors of New Dawn he had heard. Zalen sat down then, wondering just exactly what it was that Saluce had heard carried on the breeze, because from all accounts Zalen understood New Dawn to still be fairly unknown to most of the packs, save Saluce’s own, Inferni and Casa di Cavalier.

Zalen bowed his head at the gray man, "Thank you for your generous gift, I will make sure that it is shared amongst the pack members." He made note that he would most likely have to shift to Optime to be able to carry the carcass back to the den, but it did not matter. What did matter were Saluce’s questions, and Zalen was eager to hear them, "Please, ask me your questions, I assure you my answers will be truthful. You have every right to know about us, since I hope that we soon can forge a strong alliance."

i run wild, i run free
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

WC:330- Again so sorry for the name confusion

Saluce watched the alpha with a cautioned eye. It seemed they were both cautious men, neither one of them seemed to be willing to greet each other in an excited way, but they weren’t exactly being mean either. Saluce respected the man’s claim on his pack but some of the questions he had where about the packs policies.

“As I’m sure your aware, Ichika makes no designation toward a canines race or lineage. We even have former Inferni members who have taken to our pack. But what I’ve heard is that your pack does harbor some hate towards coyotes? As I’m sure your aware this would present us with a difficult situation, if as you say you want to work on an alliance between our two packs.” Saluce lets those words hang in the air a moment, his eyes watching for reactions from the leader. The behemoth stood up stretching his form for a moment and shaking the laziness from it before continuing.

“New Dawn is your pack and I understand that it is your right to govern it as you see fit Zalen. But if this is true, it would be a difficult issue to come to terms with.” Saluce let it hit him, he hoped it wasn’t true, with their relationships building between several packs, New Dawn would make a great addition as well and a launching pad to spread acceptance. His purpose was to crusade, and he owed it to Sage and the others to see this thing through even if it meant upsetting a neighbor. Saluce had promised her that he wouldn’t let harm come to her whether it be from Inferni or another pack, and he also had a responsibility to X’y’s friends, especially the Inferni coyote he had met a few days back. Lines blurred when you allowed yourself the chance to socialize and understand something you don’t understand and Saluce had slowly been coming to the point of shedding his own poorly conceived ignorance toward Coyotes.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Zalen Damaichu
OOC | WC :: +458

It was amazing how different the demeanor of X’yrin and her mate were; where she was warm and fair he was cold and untrusting. But, there were two sides to any coin, and perhaps this male just took longer to be friendly than it did X’yrin, or perhaps the Tenryu was just better at “killing with kindness” as it were. Still, Saluce didn’t cause Zalen any distress and he listened as the male asked his questions about New Dawn.

As he spoke, Zalen pondered his words; so outsiders believed the New Dawner’s to be racists then? It was an easy enough assumption to make, if not all entirely true. Zalen himself once believed the same of Inferni, but it seemed that their prejudices were not as harsh as they were in his first impressions. Still, Zalen could not truly answer Saluce’s question fully, for though he spoke for New Dawn, he could not speak for all its members. Everyone would have their own opinions on this matter, their own viewpoints, and all he could do was make sure none of these views caused any harm to the pack or peaceful outsiders.

Therefore, he answered truthfully, "Indeed, there was a time that I hated coyotes because of the pain those of that species had caused me in the past. But now I can honestly say I do not hate them but instead have a cautious respect for them." He paused, thinking about Vesper, how in fact he considered her to be a friend, but he decided not to mention this; "New Dawn is a wolf pack, and this means that only wolves can join it. This is not out of fear or hate, but instead, out of a respect for the natural way of things. Coyotes have, and always will be, loners by nature. I respect Ezekiel in Inferni for being able to keep that clan together for such a long time, even in the face of how unnatural it is... but there are many things happening nowadays that are causing the Luperci to go against their natural ways it seems. I do not feel this way, and the others in New Dawn do not feel this way, and so we have gathered together under similar world views."

Zalen shifted his sitting position in the dirt before continuing, "I however cannot speak for every member in my pack. There may be some here who harbor true hate towards coyotes, but as long as they act in a way befitting those of New Dawn, their feelings are their own and I would not punish them for such." He hoped that this would satisfy the Ichika man, but he felt that it would take much more for Saluce to trust them.

i run wild, i run free
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

WC:-410 Btw, X'y and Sal don't keep many if any secrets between each other haha. So hope you don't mind the second question, kinda trying to break the ice a bit

Saluce sat patiently as he gave the Alpha the respect he deserved and let him speak his peace. The behemoth cherished conversation and discussions but not shouting matches and ego boosting words. But none of them came from the man and her acknowledged it as he nodded along listening intently. There wasn’t much Saluce hadn’t done, therefore he didn’t necessarily throw stones when he wasn’t without sin.

“I can understand your own feelings toward Coyotes, I myself am originally from Dahlia de Mai and before that England, where there are quite different views. But I do cherish the fact that I try to be open to everyone, a certain Coyote taught me that with her kindness and beautiful soul. The reason I ask this is not so much my own grandeurs social cause of ridding the world of racism or intolerance. No because it’s pretty simple.” He paused a moment looking over at Zalen and then back towards Ichika.

“If our packs do form an Alliance I have to consider the future implications of being allied with a pack who would cause us to be put in a position we wouldn’t want to be in. If you can understand this? Your pack getting into a war or fight with our neighbor to the south over this issue would be bad.” Saluce sat for a moment considering his own words and letting his mind think a second before speaking once more.

“But it is a dangerous world, and friends are hard to come by. X’y taught, or rather reminded me of my more primal nature. And we respect your views towards most if not all of this rampant humanization of wolves and coyotes, after all humans had their chance, who would we be if we followed their path.” Saluce didn’t necessarily hate the man, or did he really like him, he was still up in the air for now, but if there was a meter going, it would be slowly filling toward the side of liking, albeit slowly.

Saluce’s muzzle let a smile come forth though as he thought of something to bring up to lighten the mood he supposed. “I also have been hearing vicious rumors about you and a golden furred woman with a fiery red mane, running through the wilderness between our packs. Now you wouldn’t know who that would have been would you.” He laughed a bit as he spoke it, not entirely able to keep up the serious façade.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Zalen Damaichu
OOC | WC :: +412

His explanation had seemed to placate the Ichika male to some degree, but there were more questions that were asked, and Zalen’s ebon tufted ears were trained on every word. Saluce was just worried that any prejudices New Dawn harbored might lead to eventual confrontation and Zalen felt his heart ache at this. Saluce also mentioned that a kind coyote female had taught him to be kind with others, and where this might have surprised the dark male in the past, now it did not. He felt that now was the right time to mention the ones from Inferni, "Indeed, I have met with two female coyotes of Inferni, one being the Gamma, Vesper. I consider her a friend, and am glad of it, it means that, for now, I do not see Inferni as an enemy, and I hope they feel the same of us." No, it was definitely not Inferni that worried him, for there were worse things in the world than coyote scoundrels.

Then, to address the issue of war, "I established New Dawn in the area that I did to avoid any kind of conflict with others, not to instigate them. We are peaceful and want to be left to ourselves, we do not seek to come to war with anyone else. But let me assure you, that if another pack were to bring violence to us, we would defend ourselves, I’m sure you understand that." He was sure that Saluce must feel the same way about Ichika. Though the pack to New Dawn’s south was most known for their peace loving ways, surely they would not bow down to any confrontation brought against them. That is why Zalen felt that they would be well suited as allies, because both packs were peace-loving, and they could defend each other if necessary.

Then, the gray male spoke of Zalen’s romp with X’yrin and the ebony Alpha would have blushed if it were not for his fur. He laughed along with Saluce, "Yes, your mate drew me in with her natural way of communication. I have to admit I was enamored with her, and we did indeed romp through the wilds like pups. But, as I’m sure you know, play soon turned serious. I still thank her for allowing me to bring so much of the moose kill back to New Dawn." He smiled then, the king-crown had indeed fed him and the rest of New Dawn well that night.

i run wild, i run free
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

WC:350

He sat and listened once again, letting the Alpha get his words in. The two of them seemed to have more in common than at first glance. Saluce noticed that they must have been close in age, and it was a rarity to him to not come across someone two years younger than him. Being formal was something he routinely did out of a sense of no connection with the individual in front of him. But since they already had more in common than he already was aware of, especially his mate’s fondness for him his veil was slowly dropping off his form.

Saluce stood and let his full form show off his presence, as blues looked beyond the alpha to his kingdom, looking at the landscape for a moment. Along with Anathema, all three packs shared the same types of landscapes, the mountainous region was a harsher and more wild region that the southern parts of the landmass. He actually preferred it now that he had lived here for a while, thinking it more of a home than when he had lived to the south in Dahlia. His gaze returned to the man and he nodded silently.

“I met Sage when she came to converse with myself and Nayru in Dahlia. She came with another, who fit the archetype of Inferni very well, but Sage however did not. When I learned she had joined Ichika I couldn’t help but wonder why. But along with her I think I know of this Vesper woman. I met her but it was during one of my mates little sprees of body language instead of talking and I never really got her name.” He nodded quietly as his body continued to move in place almost as if he felt the need to run or to do something productive. Sitting still in one place wasn’t something the grey male was any good at.

“So what sort of friendship or alliance where you thinking of between our two packs? Since it would be as much mutual co-operation as it would be our combined strengths.”

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Zalen Damaichu
OOC | WC :: +308

Saluce’s change in demeanor caused Zalen’s mood to also lift, and his tail flapped lazily against the ground in a perky rhythm. He listened with apt interest as the gray male spoke of a coyote named Sage, how kind she was and how she now lived in Ichika and Zalen nodded. It seemed that there were many kind coyotes, a concept still new to him, and one just beginning to become comfortable. Then Saluce mentioned Vesper, that she and X’y would also meet to speak in that natural way and Zalen’s ears perked, "Oh? How interesting. It seems that there is then a mutual friendship between leaders of Inferni, New Dawn and Ichika. That bodes well for us." And he smiled wolfishly then, his tongue hanging slightly out from between his teeth.

Saluce then asked what kind of alliance Zalen had been thinking of, and the dark Alpha was more than happy to oblige in answering, "We are both peaceful packs and therefore there may be some members who would not wish to fight, that is why I believe that we would have strength in numbers only when combined into one force. I hope that it would never come to it, but in the case of war I would hope Ichika come to our aid, just as we would come to yours." This was somewhat of a given when it came to alliances, but Zalen also had other things in mind.

"Also," he began, "I would think it best to let there be camaraderie between our members of the… er… romantic persuasion. Puppies are a blessing, and I believe if one were unable to find a mate in the confines of their own pack that the other could hold more offerings." He grinned. He wanted New Dawn to prosper, and one aspect of this meant lots of puppies.

i run wild, i run free
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

WC:320

Saluce let him continue to speak but when he came to the final topic he remained quiet for several reasons. While he may have understood the reasoning behind the topic, actually putting it into practice without drama between the two packs would undecidedly be much harder. He paced the border in thought, as he gave his mind plenty of time to think, giving glances back to the alpha as his demeanor seemed to change from good mood to neutral once again.

“I don’t think that would be a good idea. How does one establish what pack the puppies belong to, or where these females come from or reside in. I understand the pursuit but in practice I don’t think that’s something attainable.” He stood for a moment before sitting back down in front of him. Saluce wouldn’t let Ichika be bred out of existence, and he didn’t want to deal with the consequences of dual loyalties either.

“It’s rather simple, if you were not the alpha and fell in love with one of our Ichikan females, it would be either you joined our pack or she joined yours. But if you were allowed to stay in your pack and she her’s that creates dual loyalties, and then there is the question of who lays claim to the puppies? Would it be the pack that housed and fed them or to the pack the father is from? I only see that as a dangerous road, but I will discuss it with X’y as always since it’s her decision not mine, I can only advise. He sat a moment longer blues peering over at him, his own mask one of devoid of anything to tip off his own thoughts. Playing this little political game was something he was actually good at, all things considered at least.

“The only way that would work would to have no borders between us, and even then the two packs would lose their individual identity.”

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Zalen Damaichu
Stop replying so damn fast! Jeeezzzzzz | WC :: +241

Zalen watched as the male’s demeanor changed like a flip of the page and it seemingly burst his bubble. While disappointed, Saluce’s reasoning was logical and Zalen nodded; it was too bad really, Zalen so wanted puppies, but what if all the females who mated with Ichika males wanted to live there instead? Ichika would be overrun by pups as New Dawn dwindled, or the opposite might happen and Ichika might wither away. Zalen gave a short sigh, "Yes, you are right. Forgive me, I became overzealous. But, I do believe that there should be camaraderie between our packs to some degree, perhaps we should set a time to have festivities on neutral ground, so that our members may meet." This seemed more innocent and plausible, so Zalen saw no harm in it. He was sure X’yrin might also deem it a good idea, that way both packs would truly know who their neighbors were.

Then, with another shift in his posture on the ground, Zalen asked a question, "Tell me, how have things been in Ichika as of late? I heard that Nayru has gone; what has become of her pups? The other, Razekiel, I never met; is he still present? I am somewhat confused, for I heard that Xy’rin was now the leader." It was true that he had heard rumors amongst some of his pack mates about Ichika, and he had also smelled a change on the wind.

i run wild, i run free
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

WC:

He nodded as he spoke, a get together of sorts would be a good idea for the two packs. One he wouldn’t be against. He nodded again and sat back down, obviously he was fidgety and full of energy and the urge to run was surging underneath his coat. Saluce thought for a moment as he almost replied to his first comment before the next string came from him. Inquiring about the former leadership, inquiring about puppies and things he’d rather not reveal to someone outside of the pack.

“It is true that Nayru decided to leave, unfortunate circumstances but she left. No one really knows when Razekiel left, and that left X’yrin as the leader. Oh Nayru’s children I do not know, nor will I speculate on it.” He sat down once again his limbs seemingly stopping when the conversation came to it. He looked over at him unsure of what else he would reveal, or if he would just leave it like that. Nothing about the man seemed to hint that he would use such information against the pack itself but he could never be sure.

“It has been a rough transition for all of us, X’y and myself especially. It’s difficult to be mated to a Alpha when originally we were perfectly happy with the ranks we had. It has brought on a rather difficult dynamic.” He had probably said too much already, but he couldn’t take the words back nor could he stop any sort of opinion he would gather either. He simply waited to hear his own thoughts on the matter.

<style>
[/html]