Heat Cycle
We've covered how being luperci effects them having sex, but what about heat cycles?

Dogs go into heat twice a year for a whole month, while humans go into heat once a month (I don't know how long it lasts)

I set Terra for having a heat cycle 3 times a year for 20 days, but I don't know what everyone else does.
I don't think most people really track it tbh. And since breeding seasons are year round I'd imagine its more of a monthly cycle similar to humans. But that's just my assumption :x
Relevant questions from the Tumblr:

Quote:
Quote:So wolves usually mate once a year in real life - here at 'Souls obviously that isn't the case. My question for you is: How does a cycle work for females? Are they in heat once a month kind of like humans?

Heat cycling in Luperci is probably “mid-way” between wolf and human cycles. It is unlikely a Luperci female goes into heat each and every month, but they do go into heat more frequently than once per year — perhaps every other month or every third month, depending on the individual.

A female luperci is most likely to become pregnant after a heat cycle, when she is ovulating. It might vary from individual to individual, but that is normally once or twice a year. Female luperci are still able to get pregnant outside of that time, but it is less common.

Quote:
Quote:It just occured to me that women in Optime form could potentially face the nuisance of menstruation. While I know that 'Souls has traditionally followed a vague policy where females can have heat cycles, but can also concieve at just about any time, I was wondering if it might be time for a more specific guidline here? Considering our mature player-base, it might be interesting to include these potentially realistic factors, including how hormones might change according to both cycle and age?

We don’t think it would be a bad idea to have more information regarding menstruation, heat cycles, hormones, and other related matters on the RP Guide, and we may look into adding that in the future.

However, we’re not interested in enforcing strict guidelines regarding the timing of various female cycles in relation to each other — it would be cumbersome and inconvenient to require every adult female character to stick to a regular cycle and to ensure that any pregnancies occur at appropriate times. Individual players are welcomed to keep track of cycles on their own, but similar to other mundane bodily functions like defecating and urinating, we feel that these are things that a majority of players are simply not interested in roleplaying. After all, plenty of women aren’t even interested in tracking their own real life cycles, much less a character’s![