i drove for miles and miles and somehow want more
Two days ago, the leader had made some announcements. Since that day, the brief meeting with Ayasha had been eating at him, sending guilt coursing through him. He hadn't pressed the pallid female for Liam's whereabouts, in fact, he'd practically forbidden her to tell him. He hadn't treated her coldly, but given her a gift of the quartz he'd traded for. He'd walked away, telling her to take care of herself, and of Liam. Though he had a hard time speaking the boy's name, he'd almost acted like family towards her. His guilty mind demanded he confess his crimes and receive penance for his crime.

He had knocked on her door, but as Thomas walked by, he called out he'd seen the Capitana walking the borders. The pale scholar had thanked the male, and begun his way to the borders, dreading every step. She wasn't there when he arrived, so he let out a howl requesting her. It wasn't an urgent howl, just a come when you can kind of howl. He waited, turning his mismatched gaze on the tree. In one of the lower branches, a butterfly adorned the trunk. Tal's blood ran cold, and he found himself hoisting his body into the tree so he could see it better. The letters L and A entwined next to the butterfly, and the male pulled out a carving knife and began slowly and carefully carving the offending initials out of the tree.

He lowered himself down, feeling more steady on solid ground. The pocket knife clicked shut with a satisfying metallic sound, and it returned to his pocket. He resumed his calm wait, studying the border tree and it's decorations. It seemed like so many more had passed through than he had known, and he admired the work of art the tree was. He was proud of the pack, proud of him place in it, though he was unsure of what his place would be after this conversation.

((WC:328))
[html]

The alpha female found herself going more and more by her own tempo lately. Seeing the excitement and recent activity in Cercatori d'Arte had lifted her spirits; she had scented loners and members of other packs of all kinds and had even followed a few. So far, there had been no problems, been no issues that had needed to be addressed; she had to be sure, however. The pack meeting had been a success, and all members that could have attended did; the one thing that prickled her pelt was Sky's order to the pack and the cold way she said it, as if she were an enemy to the pack and not a friend, but Skye herself drove the thought out of her mind. Perhaps she would talk with her later.

As well as a more relaxed demeanor, Skye found herself taking to Bangle's sense of style more and more often. As she found the products of trades as an accomplishment, something to be proud of - a friend that was made, as it were, she wore them. As she was not hunting, bangles now were on both arms, made from both bones and rock. The large, pure blue necklace made from stones hung around her neck, and a light, blue-colored skirt made from thin material hung from her hips, topped with the belt reserved for her blade.

The dagger was not in its sheath, however, but in Skye's hands; as she twirled it between her fingers, careful not to slice them on its sharp edge, she heard a familiar and relaxed howl. Recognizing it as Taliesin's, Skye made to where he was, which seemed to be the Border Tree, slowly twirling her blade all the while.

The white male was distinctly in contrast next to the dark backdrop of Cercatori d'Arte's dimly lit trees and leaves. Skye smiled at the male and dipped her head in greeting. "Good day, Taliesin," she said softly, her tail slowly waving behind her. "How are you?"

<style type="text/css">
.skyefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fefbee; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #333e46; }
.skyefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #cde4f3; text-align:center;}
.skyefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.skyefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#cde4f3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree001.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #fefbee; padding: 0px 0px 165px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.skyefreebe01-border1 {width:506px; border:1px solid #485259; margin:0 auto;}
.skyefreebe01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b5cee0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
His gaze turned to the approaching leader. While her posture seemed at ease, relaxed, his body still folded naturally into a implied submissive stature. His tail drooped slightly, his ears flicking back, his eyes more downcast than upturned. His shoulders hunched slightly, making him seem somewhat smaller smaller. If one wasn't looking for these subtle cues, they would be missed entirely. "Afternoon, lady Skye. I'm doing fine, as are Sky and the pups."

Sheba twined around his ankles, 'mrowing' softly. Tal glanced down at her, surprised to realize she was there. He still wasn't used to the feline who had attached herself to him like a shadow.

A shadow. The phrase reminded him of why he had called for the leader. "Well, actually, Skye, I had something I needed to confess." He shifted his weight, feeling suddenly anxious. His tail lowered more, hanging as if he were a chastised omega. His ears swiveled back and stayed back in submission and concern. Would she decide Orin was right about him after all?

No way to know, but to speak. "I was at the festival, under the big tent set up for eating. When I stood I bumped into Ayasha, literally. I'm ashamed to admit I didn't press for their whereabouts, what pack they were in, or anything. I..." He glanced away, to his own feet.

"I told her I didn't want to know. I gave her a gift of a crystal I'd traded for, and I told her to take care of herself. I told her I honestly hoped they didn't have any black pups. And worst of all, I told her to take care of Him."

He knew the leader would know the Him to whom he referred. The boys name was taboo to the pale scholar. "I should have told you sooner... I understand if you feel you need to punish me." He'd probably feel less guilty if she had. He hadn't even told his mate of the chance encounter at the festival.

((WC:334))
[html]
<style> @import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Alegreya+SC);</style>Skye Collins
Word Count :: 000 sorry for the wait!

She nodded slowly as he explained that he was doing fine, as was his mate and their pups. She glanced down as his cat - a new addition, she noted - meowed softly, intertwining herself between his white legs. Her eyes again shifted to the man's own bicolored ones as he said that he had something to confess - confess? Skye's posture switched slightly as her spine straightened and her ears perked, erect. Of all the things she may have expected from her white-furred Protettore, a confession was certainly not one of them. She had listened to Orin's claims of him being the devil and in league with Liam, although she had not believed them. She trusted Taliesin, and thought that blood had little to do with who he was - in light of this new confession, however, could she have been wrong?

She watched Taliesin with little emotion showing in her eyes as he explained what had happened at the festival; although her posture and outward demeanor remained static, she felt herself be relieved. So he had not quite committed the crimes that Orin claimed he had, although she was not entirely pleased with what he was telling her. She would not expect him to act hostile towards Ayasha during the festival - Mahavites's watchful eyes would have prevented that quickly. However, trading with her, and wishing well the monster that tore apart his own daughter... she had expected more from him.

"I would not have you act in hostility towards her at the festival," she said to him, the concealed look still on her face, making it almost unreadable. "But trading with her? Wishing it well?" The last words were said with slight and visible anger; her tail lashed once and she bared her teeth, turning to face the Border Tree. "You once vowed that you would kill him if you saw him on our lands, threatening our members... is this a true oath, Taliesin?" She paused, allowing him an answer, and then turned back to him. "Do not forget what it did to Tameri, Taliesin - how it tore her apart, ripped her limbs from her body while she was alive. Liam did not wish us well - he wished us death and misfortune."

Your the only one who saves me from myself, I abandoned this love and laid it to rest, And now I'm one of the forgotten

Image courtesy of auensen

<style>
.GR2_Skye3 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Skye3 b {font-family:verdana; color:#2b4131; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 {background-color:#d9dccb; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#7a8476; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3425/atable17.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:210px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #7a8476; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Skye3 .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #7a8476; }
.GR2_Skye3 .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 .lyrics {color:#2b4131; text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:13px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_Skye3 .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#102015; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #7a8476; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
His shoulders slumped further in response to her ire; his face turned away from hers. He didn't need to look to see her, he knew her reactions. If they were both in lupus form, he would have exposed his belly to her. Instead, he sank to his knees in front of her, his body folding itself to make him as small as possible in submission. "Capitana, know I would destroy him with my own hands if he came here." Her reminder of Liam's crimes, the spoken name, made him flinch.

His voice was anguished as he spoke in reply. "I can not forget the crimes he visited on our lands, Capitana. I revisit them nightly, in horrific nightmares. I still hear Tameri's screams, and not a day goes by I don't turn to show her something, turn to explain something to her, only to remember she isn't there. I didn't know what to do, Capitana, I didn't know how to react when I looked into Ayasha's eyes and saw the love she has for him. I didn't know how to react to being faced with the reminder that I foolishly pled for his life to be spared, that I didn't scream for his blood along with the pack."

He didn't look up at her, he kept his eyes trained on the ground at her feet. If she chose to punish him, he would accept it, but he felt better having had been honest with her.
[html]
<style> @import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Alegreya+SC);</style>Skye Collins
Word Count :: 000

She said and did nothing as the white Luperci beside her sank to his knees, avoiding her incriminating gaze. As she listened to his anguished voice, as she listened to the sheer pain and grief in his lament, she could not help but to feel a shred of sympathy for the man that had lost not one, but two children, no matter how vile and despicable the one was. What Taliesin spoke of as true and what his actions told her was true were two different things - she would not speak of it, but she made a note in the back of her mind, reminding her of this.

But then, what would she have done? She loved her family; her pack was as good as her family. She fought for both with loyalty, love, an iron devotion that no transgression could crush. Her spirit would not be broken; those who had harmed her family were no longer family. This who had harmed her pack were her sworn enemies.

She stood straight and tall, her tail high and ears perked and erect as she listened to the extent of Taliesin's speech. She did not respond immediately afterwards, but rather stared at the Border Tree. Stared at its branches, its leaves, its intricate markings left in the bark. Stared at what it stood for. She stood, solidly stoic, for a long moment, so that it almost appeared like she would never answer; finally, however, she spoke.

"Liam is doomed. Ayasha is also doomed, although in a different way," she began lowly and quietly. She then turned to face Taliesin, looking into his eyes although he did not look into hers. "I won't punish you, Taliesin... but Liam is family no more. He does not deserve the blessings that family give one another." Her eyes then softened - she realized the pain Taliesin was going through, the inner turmoil. The hardships that he must be suffering; all must be unbearable to him, to go through them so fast and to have reminders of the past at every turn.

"I'm sorry that you had to be reminded of that," she said more gently. "If nothing else, remember that you have us - your pack; we'll always be here for you."

Your the only one who saves me from myself, I abandoned this love and laid it to rest, And now I'm one of the forgotten

Image courtesy of auensen

<style>
.GR2_Skye3 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Skye3 b {font-family:verdana; color:#2b4131; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 {background-color:#d9dccb; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#7a8476; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3425/atable17.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:210px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #7a8476; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Skye3 .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #7a8476; }
.GR2_Skye3 .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 .lyrics {color:#2b4131; text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:13px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_Skye3 .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#102015; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #7a8476; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]