And from the surf he was born
[html]

Any Cercatori d'Arte member is welcome to answer his call before Skye herself! c: He's along the Bay of Fundy coast, almost close to Paradise Pier.

Word Count → 407

The scent of land soon whipped the at Arthur’s face as he peered out at the stretch of land that was his destination. He had been out on the water since yesterday afternoon, and it had taken him a whole day of rowing and simply drifting to float across the bay, from one ground to another. Though he was not seasick, having been born in the ocean’s grip, he might have well been; he was slightly nervous about what he was doing was a little bit too bold, making his stomach rock with the boat. Over the night, he steeled his nerves, not wanting to disappoint his parents by returning to their brine-beaten cabin from weak knees. Yet, he still was second guessing himself as he sat back down on the bench and rowed St. Ester closer to the shore.

Now with the waves lulling the boat towards the land, he prepared himself to dock soon, whether it was going to be on the pack’s territory or not. He double checked the supplies he brought along with him; a burlap sack filled with clothing, blankets, and salted meats, ropes, a large, mangled tarp, and thin wire for snares, and the boat itself. Everything was in check, and now that he was close enough to the land to be heard by the pack, it was now or never. But, Monahan sat there for a few more minutes, fiddling his with fiery mane to backtrack the inevitable. Sure, he acted brave in front of mother and father, but he was still a timid teen at heart, facing a new world he never quiet understood before. After tying his mane up for the fourth time, his heart became a small hummingbird as he stood up, facing towards the beach. “Come on, you bugger, you did not row across the bay for nothin’,” Arthur muttered under his breath, he slight British tongue mixing his words, and took an intake of breath.

A howl echoed from the boat to the pack, its tone obvious that he sought to meet one of them. He was about thirty yards from the actually shore, but he dared not propel the vessel any closer, not wanting to seem threatening to whoever was going to greet him. Sighing with relief that he managed to howl and nervousness as to what was coming, he sat once more upon the boat’s bench, looking out silently towards the pack’s territory.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.arthur-rowboat { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4GXRM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#9da1a2; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#445154; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.arthur-rowboat b {color:#c1d5e3; }
.arthur-rowboat p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.arthur-rowboat p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.arthur-rowboat .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.arthur-rowboat .wordcount {color:#c1d5e3; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #66737c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 000 welcome! Smile

The trading festival hosted in the pack had been a success so far; many had come, and although there had been but one misunderstanding, no crimes had been committed, no peace had been disrupted. The female stood with her toes digging in the sand, concealed by the dark trees and undergrowth of her territory. A slight breeze ruffled her fur and swayed her dark orange hair; the rustle of her bangles broke the silence, causing an ethereal jingling sound to echo through the forest. She stood there for a moment, peaceful in the silence that her territory brought her.

The silence was soon broken, however, by a wavering howl calling her to the west. The female focused her gaze on the direction the sound had hailed from and began to jog there; there was the sea, but the howl had been unfamiliar. Either someone had trespassed - but who could have done so and gotten so far without her or the Protettores noticing? Although there were outsiders allowed in Cercatori d'Arte's lands for a while, she and Thomas as well as the Council members were doing a good job of tracking and keeping track of such outsiders. This howl, this voice was unfamiliar - who was it?

As she stepped onto the earthy sands of the beach, she saw something she did not expect to see - rather than a lone Luperci as she thought, an entire ship was almost docked on her borders. She stared at it for a moment before seeing the small-looking Luperci on its back; he seemed to be the one that had howled. Approaching the shore, she called out so that he could hear - "Hey-o!" she cried. "You are approaching the borders of Cercatori d'Arte! May I help you?"

And I will be your hope when you feel like it's over

Image courtesy of Nick-K & joeri-c

<style>.GR2_Skye2 {color:#5d7980; width:500px; margin:0px auto; background-color:#dee0cb; background-image:url(http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/2959/skye21.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:150px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #cfc6b6; margin:0 auto; -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 18px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 18px; -moz-border-radius-topleft: 18px; -moz-border-radius-topright: 18px; border-top-left-radius: 18px; border-top-right-radius: 18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
td.GR2_Skye2Main {text-align:left; border:0px; background-image:url(http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/166/skye23.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 3px 190px 3px;}
td.GR2_Skye2Main .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #cfc6b6; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#888672; line-height:12px; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px}
td.GR2_Skye2Main .bottom {color:#727f74; text-align:right; font-family:Cardo; font-size:12px; text-shadow:#a1a99a 1px 1px 1px; line-height:20px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; }
td.GR2_Skye2Main .top {background-image:url(http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/5438/way3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 0px 0px; }
td.GR2_Skye2Main .name {text-align:Left; font-family:Bilbo Swash Caps; font-size:80px; text-shadow:#8695b1 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 10px 15px; line-height:35px; color:#566761;}
td.GR2_Skye2Main .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#8b9481; font-size:9px; border-bottom:1px dotted #8695b1; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
td.GR2_Skye2Main p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
td.GR2_Skye2Main b {font-family:verdana; color:#566761; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry if this is a crap post. ;u; Thanks for replying so quick! ~

Word Count → 337

As he stared out towards the forest, he wondered what kind of things the pack did. He knew they were a group of traders and artists, but he met no one that had particular knowledge of the pack, other than the general fact; not even their name was known to him at that moment. He wondered how their ways worked, what kind of members they were. He had met many kinds of people in this world, but the ocean’s horizon was endless, and Monahan knew he touched the surface of the various cultures and lifestyles that laid down deep. That fact and quiet curiosity was what driven him to step out of the nest of his parents’ care and into the world, in a small sense. Lost in thought, he was thinking of the short time in Barbados, staring into the rolling water when she came.

The young man jerked upwards as detected the fresh scent of a pack member, which was almost hidden by the strong salty breeze, but nonetheless there. Now on his feet, it was easy to see the female that came to answer his call, a pale woman who similar locks like his. “Aye!” the boy yelled to signal that he heard her, as well as a moment of waving a freckled arm. “My name is Arthur Monahan, and I am wonderin’ if I can ask an honor from your pack! Mind if I dock so that we can talk, ya know, more formally?”

He was sure that the older girl must have been shocked to him floating about her borders, despite not seeing her face to judge her reaction to his awkward appearance. He would be surprised if he was in her position, so he was trying to be as familiar as possible with his actions in this foreign situation. Arthur hoped that the woman would not turn him away; he did not want to return home, nor did he want to live alone in the unfamiliar territory of the east.

<style>
.arthur-rowboat { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4GXRM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#9da1a2; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#445154; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.arthur-rowboat p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.arthur-rowboat .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.arthur-rowboat .wordcount {color:#c1d5e3; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #66737c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 000 not a problem! do you know what rank you'd like arthur to start at?

The man replied affirmative, and as he waved his arms and called out his intentions, Skye nodded sharply once; then, fearing that he did not see her action clearly, she called out as loudly as she could; "Dock where you wish, and then we shall speak!" From what she could see of the man, he looked slightly similar to herself; pale fur and red hair, albeit that which was shorter than hers in a male hairstyle, was what he adorned on his body. Her attention turned from the Luperci to his boat; she had assumed it larger than it actually was, and found it quite small compared to Cercatori d'Arte's own boat.

However, it seemed to have carried the man here well enough, and she found herself wondering where he had come from; perhaps he was looking to trade with her pack? Or perhaps he was a fellow sailor, come to ask questions about their boat. Or, yet again, perhaps he was seeking to join her home, and she waited patiently on the bay, her tail waving slowly and her eyes eagerly gazing at the male.

<style>.GR2_Skye2 {color:#5d7980; width:500px; margin:0px auto; background-color:#dee0cb; background-image:url(http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/2959/skye21.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:150px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #cfc6b6; margin:0 auto; -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 18px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 18px; -moz-border-radius-topleft: 18px; -moz-border-radius-topright: 18px; border-top-left-radius: 18px; border-top-right-radius: 18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
td.GR2_Skye2Main {text-align:left; border:0px; background-image:url(http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/166/skye23.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 3px 190px 3px;}
td.GR2_Skye2Main .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #cfc6b6; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#888672; line-height:12px; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px}
td.GR2_Skye2Main .bottom {color:#727f74; text-align:right; font-family:Cardo; font-size:12px; text-shadow:#a1a99a 1px 1px 1px; line-height:20px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; }
td.GR2_Skye2Main .top {background-image:url(http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/5438/way3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 0px 0px; }
td.GR2_Skye2Main .name {text-align:Left; font-family:Bilbo Swash Caps; font-size:80px; text-shadow:#8695b1 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 10px 15px; line-height:35px; color:#566761;}
td.GR2_Skye2Main .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#8b9481; font-size:9px; border-bottom:1px dotted #8695b1; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
td.GR2_Skye2Main b {font-family:verdana; color:#566761; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Gah, I was gonna mention that in my last post, guess I forgot. >>; I would like him to start out in the Giocatore rank, the Stage tier.

Word Count → 323

“Aye!” Arthur simply replied as the woman answered his request, and sat down upon the bench to row. It took him a minute of propelling the boat forward before he could push it the rest of the way. After pulling his pants legs up and rolling up his long sleeves, he skillfully leapt overboard, making a small splash, and half walked, half pushed St. Ester until it hit the sand. He then pulled it until only the receding tide touched its bottom, out of range of the threat of floating back into the bay. Wiping back his bangs for a moment with the back of his hand, he turned to the woman again with a polite smile upon his muzzle and green eye full of cheer.

“As I said, miss, name’s Arthur Monahan, lived across the bay from here,” he spoke as he walked towards her, offering a pale hand for a greeting’s shake. “I heard great things of this Cercatori d’Arte, miss.” He paused his words for a moment, to think over what he was going to say next, and continued on, his accented voice surprisingly steady. “Anyway, I was wonderin’ if I can speak to your alpha. I am mighty interested in joining, ya see, and I would like to speak to them as soon as possible.” He hoped he did not sound too demanding, but he was honestly impatient yet nervous at the same time to see if could join or not, and wanted to end the suspense as soon as possible.

“Aye, where are my manners?!” the Monahan suddenly jeered, his face becoming a small grimace. “I’m sorry, miss, but I forgot to ask for your name. I hope I did not offend you; probably would have shamed my parents if they were to see this, me forgetting the good manners they taught me…” he rabbled, as if chiding himself because he parents were not there to do so.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 000 okay! Smile feel free to continue to post in this thread, this is just to get you all titled up!

The female couldn't help but grin back at the man and shake his hand as he dismounted his boat and approached her. She liked him already; his manners and respect for the lands endeared him to her. And someone who was that masterful at handling a boat surely knew his way around the sea; his remark about hearing wonderful things about her pack only likened him to her more, and her tail raised, proud of her pack and what it had become. His name struck a familiar note with her - Arthur, the name of her own father. "Pleased to make your acquaintance," she said.

His accent reminded her of her own mate, Bangle, and she could not help but suppress a laugh as he asked to see the alpha of these lands. Before she could inform him of who he was speaking to, however, he stumbled over his own words and the man Arthur asked who he was speaking to; even more endearing to the woman, who smiled at him. "My name is Skye Collins - and I am the alpha of these lands," she said, a sparkle of laughter in her eyes. She then spoke of other matters, matters of joining - she had no qualms about letting this man join, but she had to ask a few obligatory questions beforehand. "You seem very skilled from the way you handled your boat; our pack, too, has a ship docked not too far from here. Tell me, Arthur; what other skills do you possess? And how did you come by Cercatori d'Arte?" Her warm tone and inviting eyes, she was sure, seemed endearing enough to the man; she wanted to make her pack seem like a good place to be, which it indeed was.

</style>[/html]
Welcome to Cercatori d'Arte!Site - Rules - Ranks

Hello, and welcome to Cercatori d'Arte! You've just joined one of the many fantastic packs in the world of Souls; based on trade and good relations, this pack is perfect for a soul looking for a friendly place to stay - so welcome to the family! Some things you might want to check out in this unique pack are:

___1. Check out the pack game, where you can earn points to get cool titles and icons!
___2. Read up on the information about the ranks and co-ranks so you can advance in the pack!
___3. Look at the territory map so you can get a feel for the territory of Cercatori d'Arte and choose a house in Thornbury for your character to live in if you want!

If you don't know where to start posting, you can check out the thread requests forum or the open threads! You can also create or join an all welcome thread for some IC fun. Why not also start plotting with other members and begin a fun plot or activity that people can enjoy and experiment with?

[html]

<3

Word Count → 348

“And I as well,” he replied, letting out an inaudible sigh of relief that it seemed all was smooth sailing from there. He blinked as he came to realize that she was the leader herself, and could not help but to mentally slap himself, though his polite smile stayed upon his face. “Ah, then miss Skye Collins, it is an even greater pleasure to meet you.” With that, he gave a small bow to the woman, and quickly pulled himself back up. He then became a little shy, hoping he was not over doing things. Back where they lived, his parents were expected to be extremely kind, for only then good relationships would blossom. Though he was acting the same, Arthur could not help but feel he was being a little too zealous.

“I see, a boat?” he repeated to himself in a hushed tone, wondering what kind of vessel it could be. He saw a good amount of sea-worthy contraptions, and wondered if their craft was something he had never seen before. Before his the seadog part of him could wonder too far, Monahan was brought back to the present, and listened attentively to Skye’s words. “Not to be braggin’, but I’d like to think I’m a good storyteller, whether it be through singin’ or just simple talkin’. I can also read, not so much of the writin’ though… And, like you said, I’m experienced with anything sea-farinin’, and not too shabby a fisher.

A passerby that stayed at my parent’s and I’s home told us about this pack… Not much to lead on, though, just sayin’ that your purpose was for tradin’ and the arts…” He trailed off, and again became shy as he spoke, “And, to be honest, I wanted to join when I was a younger lad, full of ideas of adventures and faraway lands and whatnot. Now that I am old enough, my parents allow me to come, though they decided to stay behind.” Bless their souls, he thought, wondering how they were doing so far now that their youngest son had left.

<style>

</style>
[/html]