Straight and Narrow
[html]

OOC here.

After many apologies and making sure that she'd remember to catch a live brown rabbit Terra left Bambi's house. The whole experience had her deeply shaken. There were so many strange things about luperci, and she didn't understand even a fraction of it. Not being in her own territory made things even worse, knowing that a single action could offset a battle. Still too curious to leave Terra swore to herself to make sure not to cause any more trouble.

Of course, that was easier said than done by someone who thrived on causing trouble. Opportunities for mischief abounded through the lands, so many of the members and visitors light hearted and laying exposed to her tricks. Terra managed it somehow, and made it to where the big commotion was. Craning her head she stared at the boat, trying to figure out what was so special about it. Not realizing that it was floating on the water Terra thought it looked an awful lot like a rounded house. Nothing special, considering how many houses there were.

<style type="text/css">
.terraleap b {font-weight:bold; color:#fffe61; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #1a1f0a; }
.terraleap p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terraleap {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c9c84c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wGvcK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1a1f0a; padding: 190px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1a1f0a; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.terraleap .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%}
.terraleap p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terraleap p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style> [/html]
[html]

I'm assuming this is taking place at night on today's date, so please correct me if I'm wrong so that I can edit!

Word Count → 403

As of far, Arthur was having a ball exploring Cercatori d’Arte, now that he was the newest member. There was a town near the center of the territory, Thornsbury he believed that it was called, which surprised the boy, not having made contact with any big human structures for a while besides the old log cabin his lived in with his parents. But, what amazed him more was the Treetop Terrace; he never did dream that houses in trees could exist, and in fact found it a little unnatural. He found it amazing, nonetheless, but he would not go up there willingly, feeling more comfortable on the ground and more so when on a boat. Then again, it would be an adventure in itself to live in such a high place, though he would have to greatly consider how he was going to tow all his things up there without wasting many hours.

He now made his way back to the coast, planning on returning to his boat to sleep in it for the night. But, he suddenly remembered the boat Skye mentioned, and wondered if it was okay for him to go visit it. Of course! Monahan thought, Miss Collins wouldn’t have let me even dock if she did not trust me. It’s not like I’m gonna hurt it in any way, just takin’ a look. With that reasoning, he stopped at his rowboat, St. Ester, and changed into a fresh long-sleeved shirt and black trousers that were hemmed at the knees, and combed his fiery mane with his fingers in case he ran into another pack mate. After sprucing himself up, he headed north along the shore, his burlap book sack slung over his back filled with his late dinner, which he planned to enjoy while admiring the ship.

It was not long until he saw the huge figure ahead, its shape familiar; as it turned out, he saw a similar model before, but it was somehow different in design, so it was still a sight to look at. It was not until he was close that he noticed he was not the only one taking a gander at the vessel. It was a four-legged lass, whom definitely looked unfamiliar, but he assumed that she was another one of d’Arte. “Aye!” he called out to the girl to announce his presence from afar, waving a spotted arm towards her in greetings.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.arthur-rowboat { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4GXRM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#9da1a2; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#445154; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.arthur-rowboat b {color:#c1d5e3; }
.arthur-rowboat p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.arthur-rowboat p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.arthur-rowboat .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.arthur-rowboat .wordcount {color:#c1d5e3; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #66737c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

The sound of another's approach had Terra turning. Curious she craned her head to take a better look. His scent was faint, clearly a new member of the pack. Softly she wagged her tail in reply, taking in his appearance. He wore pants, and had a patch over his eye, immediately telling her that he was blind in one side. Terra would have taken more care at advertising that information, but she was someone who got into lots of trouble. Someone who lived a carefree life probably didn't have to be so cautious.

As he moved closer Terra shifted into optime form. Her mane grew until it fell out as long luscious red hair. Paws split and extended as fingers formed, followed by her spine twisting to support her standing on two legs. Finished she stood up, shaking out her hair as he reached her. Hello. It's a beautiful night. She smiled happily at him, noting that he had green eyes like hers, though they had a lighter tone than the reflection of wilderness in her own. Turning back to the boat she studied it. I don't see why everyone's excited about a round house, even if it's near the water.

<style type="text/css">
.terraleap b {font-weight:bold; color:#fffe61; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #1a1f0a; }
.terraleap {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c9c84c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wGvcK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1a1f0a; padding: 190px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1a1f0a; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.terraleap .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%}
</style> [/html]
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 308

He watched her shift from afar as he approached her, taking his time so that he can give her some sort of space before quickening his pace after she was finished to close the distance between them. “Aye, a pretty clear night, miss,” he remarked, taking a moment to take a glance at the undiluted night and then back at her. “Anyway, name’s Arthur Monahan, but you can just call me Arthur. Nice to meet your acquaintance, Miss…?” he trailed off, asking for her name while he held out a hand towards the smaller female for an exchange of handshakes, his own way of greetings others. He made sure he remembered his manners this time, not wanting to run into another small faux pas like earlier when he met Skye.

“Eh, round house, ya say?” his accented voice repeated questioningly, and with confusion he looked back at what he was sure was a boat. The lad looked back to the dark-haired girl, and said, “Well now, I’m not gonna go around correctin’ people, but I think you got it all wrong.” He pointed at the structure with a pale finger, and spoke again, “Do you see it bob slightly? It’s on the water, not near it. But, I got to say; even on this clear night like this it’s too dark to tell any difference between a house and a ship.” To make sure he was correct himself, Monahan approached slowly towards the figure, and sure enough he saw rippling water around it that was slightly difficult to see.

“Anyway, what do you do around ‘ere? Are you a writer, a trader, or perhaps a herder?” he asked, still under the assumption that she was of d’Arte. As far as he knew, Arthur was one of the only singers of the pack, besides another woman whose name he did not quite catch, but he could have been wrong.

<style>
.arthur-rowboat { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4GXRM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#9da1a2; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#445154; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.arthur-rowboat p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.arthur-rowboat .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.arthur-rowboat .wordcount {color:#c1d5e3; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #66737c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

The way the wolf talked was a little odd, entertaining for Terra to listen to. It was like listening to Frodo speak, with all his spirit. A hand was offered out, and Terra shook it gently. My name's Terra. Just the one name. She couldn't imagine having so many, though many in the land did. Well, unless you counted her aliases. Then she had more names than all of them put together. Arthur seemed rather confused about Terra's words about a round house. She looked at the boat again, confirming that was what it was. Yep, it was round and a house.

His words of correction had Terra's eyes widening in surprise. Curious she moved closer to the boat, studying it. It truly was on the water! The most remarkable thing in the world. Leaning down to the ground Terra dipped her hand into the water before pushing gently at the floating house. It moved! Her tail wagged with delight, studying this new wonder. Never having lived near water before boats and all the life around the sea was remarkable. Grinning she met Arthur's eye. I tell stories and do tricks. A magician and storyteller, not necessarily at the same time or in that order.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
[html]

nun

Word Count → 330

“Well met, Terra,” he commented after releasing her hand, and looked back up at the ship. Now that he was close enough to it, he was able to tell the difference between what he had saw before to this example that these wolves had recently created. It was finely crafted, obviously built with the know-how of ships and sea-faring. Arthur as well could not help but admire simply the design and appearance of the vessel, earning its stamp of approval from the young seadog if his opinion was worth anything. Having seen many ships, boats, and pieces of wood that somehow managed to float, he’d have to honestly say that the Cercatorians’ made a fine job, and made a note to himself to congratulate Skye on the job well-done.

The pale boy watched Terra as she became excited when she truly realized what it was, and the fiery-haired wolfdog could not help but smirk politely at her amazement. “Aye, truly is a sight to behold. I saw bigger ones before—but, to the wind with size! This ship may be not the biggest, but the wonder is there! Still amazin’ to see what one’s bare hands and wit can make.”

Monahan looked back to Terra, and beamed at what she said, much like she was with the boat. “Really, now? I don’t fancy tricks all that much, but storytellin’! Ah, nothin’ like it, no? I used to tell stories when I was a wee bit smaller, and I guess I still do. Just differently than how I used to.” He paused for a moment, to think back when he was younger when his excitement over tales and folklore were beginning to bud; back then, he’d believe anything that fell off of his mother’s tongue during bedtime, making the stories all the more adored. “These days, I just go on a’singin’ whenever there’s old words and rhymes to be told instead of just simply statin’ them. Helps us remember, ya know?”

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Terra's ears perked as Arthur mentioned even larger ones existing. She supposed it must be true, with how large the water was. Terra had an idea that the boats acted like wolves on the water, moving like wolves did, with a group of boats being the pack. They might not grow as wolves did, but various sizes were easy for her to picture. She touched the wood softly, briefly imagining that she could feel it's heart beating. Shaking her head at the foolish imaginings Terra grinned.

His words about not caring for tricks didn't impress Terra much. For her it just proved that he had little experience with them. One couldn't watch a finely tuned trick and not be impressed. Well, unless they were the ones being tricked. Then the victim tended to feel cheated, and threw a huge fuss. Terra had pulled some tricks just for the chance to see the fuss that followed, entertained by their freak out. A brief smile lit up at the thought as she turned to catch Arthur's eyes. Singing to tell a story? Terra had never bothered listening to whatever words were sung, enjoying the music and moving to it too much. There might have been no words at all for her.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]