It's Come to This
[html]
Kiara Amarok

WC:258+ / Raze Table.

The air was tense and emotions had run high, but the warm smile and friendly nod from Saluce was comforting. The Ikusei quickly returned his gesture is a big grin and wag of her tail. Yet only a few moment later Kiara sat dumbfounded as Jace, Saluce, and X'yrin argued. The fact that Saluce and Jace had gotten into fights was upsetting, and the circumstances and events were even worse. How could anyone try to hurt another in such a way? Not to mention the idea that Jace had killed was too much. Yet, both Saluce and Jace were protecting the pack and their actions were in many ways called for. X'yrin's reaction to the terrible circumstances was just as surprising as the circumstances themselves. How could X'yrin demote them like that? They were just doing their duties and somehow that lead to a punishment. Kiara looked from Saluce, to X'yrin, to Jace, and back again as she tried desperately to wrap her head around the events that had just transpired.

When Jace turned and left Kiara started to instinctively follow. She stood and had turned halfway around when she realize the folly of her actions. Once again the white wolf sat, her overall posture confused and her eyes were lost. What should she do? The arctic wolf watched as Dalgina and her sister followed after their injured mother. X'yrin's question made Kiara's head turn, but she had nothing to say. Sapphire eyes stared at the new leader; they weren't accusing, nor were they friendly. They were just...confused.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaforest b {font-weight:bold; color:#f5f6fb; letter-spacing:1px; margin:5px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 3px;}
.kiaforest p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kiaforest .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:center;}
.kiaforest {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#252c2f; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VDZ7v.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 4px 0px 110px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0b0d0b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaforest .inner {background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/21bn0ba.jpg); margin:0 15px; text-shadow:#5d6264 0px 0px 4px; border:#000 1px solid;}
.kiaforest .words {text-align:center; font-style:italic; font-family:'Calligraffitti'; color:#f5f6fb; font-size:60px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 3px; padding:30px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:10px;}
</style>

[/html]
Fatin watched as many canines came, most of whom she did not know. She was especially alarmed when two of the members came injured, one of whom was covered with blood. X’yrin noticed and reprimanded them, despite the fact that they had apparently done so to protect the pack. She shared a look of slight concern with Asad before she turned her attention back to the other woman.

X’yrin then spoke of how several people had left, including their leaders. She didn’t know any of them but still felt sad that they all had left the pack. She also felt sad for the pack to lose several of its members, but especially two of its leaders and founders. But she was very surprised when X’yrin explained that she was taking over leadership since she was a subleader before the regular leaders left.

The two injured members were demoted and they both responded in anger, something that Fatin could understand. X’yrin asked for any other opinions and she spoke up. ”I will support you, X’yrin. You have led the pack well from what little I’ve seen.” She turned to her packmates. ”I think X’yrin deserves our support or at least a chance to prove herself to us.” Asad nodded in support of her and gave her hand a gentle squeeze. He agreed with her and would support both her and X’yrin.
[html]
| +234

there were many thoughts that meandered around behind his dark eyes as he thought over what had happened and over the changes that are taking place in the pack. He felt a number of emotions go through him on the subjects at hand there were announced by the new leader. There was much sadness to hear about the others leaving, especially to find that Noah had left too.

Temo was not sure what to think and was more unsure of what to say at the moment. He would have thought that more support for members when they were protecting the lands and everyone in them, not demoting them to the lowest rank. When they thought they were doing what was necessary in the performance of their duties to protect everyone that they hold dear to them.

Temo kept his usual quiet and did not let his emotions show on his face. He could feel the emotions were thick in the clearing, and anger seemed to be running amok throughout the group. He watched as Saluce stormed off and away from the meeting. As Jace too left, his eyes panned over the group as he wondered if this was a wedge being driven into the pack, and with his words and emotions contained unseen and unheard inside him, he turned and followed Jace, catching up to her as they left the outskirts of the meeting area.

<style type="text/css">
.greentemo b {font-weight:bold; color:#515244; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#141510 1px 1px 1px;}
.greentemo .ooc {padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.greentemo p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.greentemo {margin:0px auto; width:444px; background-color:#1a1b15; background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/2wmq8e8.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 490px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#7e8175; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
This is shit but whatever, it took me way to long to write. - Exit Neela

Neela was in a daze at the events that had unfolded. The revelation of Jace's condition, their reprimanding, it had seemed to go so fast that the collie couldn’t react.

Part of her wanted to be angry, both on Jace's behalf and at the injustice that two members of the pack were to be punished for defending it! But the broken look in X;yrin's eyes as she watched the retreating canines stopped this anger cold. It was with sympathy that she spoke, her words echoing a conversation with Vesper nearly a month ago, "That was badly done, in my opinion. Ichika no Ho-en is founded around peace yes, but many of those around us are not. If we reprimand those who act to defend us so harshly we do them an injustice." Neela sighed, dipping her head towards X'yrin, "I would love to live the rest of my life without fighting, so would any Ichikan, but the fact is nothing in this world comes free, not even peace. If some give up their peace to ensure that she rest of us have it they should not be reprimanded. Yes it is regrettable that Jace and Saluce's fights ended in death but in the heat of battle, ensuring the health of your opponent is difficult." Neela gazed around, trying to gauge the reaction to her words, before giving the canine equivalent of a shrug, "Nonetheless you are our leader, your decision stands no matter my views on it."

Sighing, Neela seemed to be doing a lot of that tonight, much more than she would like, Neela stepped back from the dwindling gathering. "I must go. Grynn has hatched chicks recently and I promised her I would bring some food for them." With nothing else left to say Neela disappeared into the treeline.

<style type="text/css">
.risinghope b {font-weight:bold; color:#a38750; letter-spacing:.5px}
.risinghope p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.risinghope {margin:0 auto; width:600px; background-color:#471e00; background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/1vif8.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #885004; padding: 330px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a27e36; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
301+

[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... retkey.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Due to the retreat of most of the attending members, this meeting will be adjourned early. This thread will be closed, March 10th.

What would her father have done if faced with this situation? Would he have stood here and dealt with the conflicting ideals so calmly? Or would something more have come of his reaction? It was difficult to say she when had not witnessed his reaction to insubordination or a complete reject to his ideals. She had never seen him opposed and she took great solace in that, yet at the same time she hoped that with her time with him she had witnessed it, to give her an idea of how to conduct herself now.

The Nomad… no, the Tenryu was more than slightly conflicted with the views of this pack she was supposed to lead. Did none of them see what she was doing? Was their perception that this was truly an overreaction to the crime committed? It was discouraging to believe this… that they felt no punishment would come from death. And all this time she had assumed these were the agreed ideals of her pack brethren. Obviously, she was terribly mistaken.

“If that is how you feel…” her eyes again met the retreating back of yet another of her packmates. “If the whole of you believe that there should not be a consequence for taking another’s life, then who am I to enforce it.” The woman lifted her stoic maw with a hardening grimace tarnishing she usually calm demeanor. “If this punishment is too severe in your eyes…too unjust, then it is my right as your leader to adhere you qualms and change accordingly.” Her voice had grown softer, void of what life, what resolve had compelled her to invoke this meeting and bring them all to the same level of understanding. Clearly the chasm between herself and them was just too wide. To whomever remained, she announced her newly construed verdict to appease the troubled masses.

“If we wish to abolish the consequences of death for the sake of preserving Ichika’s tranquility, then the Yakuso Jace and the Konrei Saluce will not suffer demotion to our lowest rank. That place alone will be reserved for those that commit crimes against their own brethren or whomever we consider an ally. You may share this change with them as well as this decree at whatever time you all see fit. But I am taking a leave from our lands to travel south. This has shown me that this role of leader is not yet recognized by the whole-“ and though she said this, her gaze cast gratefully to Fatin and her partner. “-save for a handful. I am in need of council and will seek it for the betterment of this pack. But I will say this,” her length, she paused and returned her gaze to the pack as a whole marking each face with a stern…yet hurt expression. “When you do find me to be a fit leader for you, I will not be addressed as your Tenryu. I see now that that is not name meant for me. But I can take the name of Shepard. And will be known as such. Until I return…” the she-wolf lowered her head albeit stiffly. “Please take care of yourselves. I trust you will keep your home secure in my stead…”

And with those parting words, she turned her back to those the aimed to lead and went onward to seek the council of whom she desperately needed.

[Exit X'yrin]

569 words.

[/html]
Fatin watched with concern as many people left and each time someone left, X’yrin looked more and more hurt. She felt sorry for their leader, even if no one else saw her as such, and wished that she could talk to her and comfort her. But this was not the place and she thought that the other woman might not exactly be the kind to accept comfort.

Their leader then talked about how she didn’t feel like anyone but a few accepted her place as rule and she looked over at Fatin and Asad and they gave her weak smiles. What else could they do? Her decision was rescinded it seemed and Fatin wasn’t sure she appreciated the fact that her pack mates couldn’t accept her decisions, or at least go to her afterwards with their concerns. It appeared that they would be without a leader for a bit.

X’yrin then left and Fatin nudged Asad gently, signaling that they should leave as well. The two of them would discuss their opinions on everything when they got to the den that Asad had made for them. She just hoped that when her leader came back, she would be welcomed back and be given her place as leader with glad and thankful hearts. But until then, the two of them would go about their business.

{Exit Fatin and Asad}