Joining
Apex searched the wilderness. His mind was so confused that he didn't even notice the trail he left in the fresh powdery snow while he ran. His travels brought him to the Alcrest Shore. He journeyed up the coast and was weary from running through the evening. He was sure about a few things. He was alone and needed of a mentor. He knew he would find one. Apex was determined not to stop until he did.

His body had a different idea, as his legs gave in to the days of constant use. Apex considered resting when he picked up a scent. His ears perked up in anticipation. He had found what he was searching for. He knew it. Apex waited outside the marked trees, careful not to cross the threshold. Then he grew impatient. Apex inhaled, tilted his large neck back and released a resounding howl. Apex knew someone would hear. And when they did, they would come.
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Something stirred in the air. It was hot as always, nothing alarmingly different that was immediately perceivable on the surface. But she felt like it carried something with it. Not necessarily ominous, but something all the same, and Insomnia wasn’t sure she liked it. This strange feeling left her on guard, her multi-colored orbs wide and her ears pinned forward in an alertness as her gaze swept the borders. She was at the borderland, but it was dead, silence exuding from all the corners. They watched the small puffs of pearly white cloud that danced across the incredible blue of the sky, and the floating of dust that danced over her still form. The silence was nearly absolute, only a soft yawning coming from the wind as it traveled through the canyon walls behind her and through into her ears. It bounced and echoed against the various rocky barriers, reassuring him at the same time it made him apprehensive… at ease and also full of caution.
Sound did reach her, soon enough. A howl that appeared in her ears abruptly and out of the blue, a cascade of sound and willfulness that seemed to grow out of the wind, a rising symphony. Insomnia's body turned in a motion of fluidity, as if she were a part of the wind that whipped past her ears. Smell followed only shortly, carried once more by the hollowing breeze into Insomnia's nose, causing her body to snap and tense into attention. There was a moments pause as her mind processed the summon and her orbs searched for the wolf who howled, where she knew it would be. One small shadows, one small wolves, waiting. She knew not of any of these packs. ”Hello stranger. I am Insomnia. What is your purpose here?”

<style type="text/css">
.insnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#3a595f; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia; text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;}
.insnow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.insnow {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#b2c7cc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZZREG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3a595f; border-radius:5px; padding:415px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#708f97; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
Apex cursed his own impatience. He wished his physical state was different. His eyes were tired and it was apparent. He thought to try and make himself presentable. But realized it was too late. A strong scent filled his nostrils. Apex took an involuntary step back. He recognized the scent of a wolf, but not one he'd ever encountered before then. He took his anticipatory stance. Ears and nose low. Legs still.and there he waited. Not long until he noticed it. He heard the panting first. He grew excited, but did his best to contain it. He felt the severity of the next few moments. As his eyes searched the area before him, he caught a shadow. The shadow turned out to be a wolf. Black in color and larger than him in size. To her question he answered. "I am Apex. I respectfully request to join New Dawn."
He introduced himself as Apex, to which Insomnia gave a nod of her head in respectful acknowledgment. Insomnia settled on her haunches. Her mind thanked her for the chance to relax. And then, those golden words. A home. Quiet understanding filled his azure eyes. "Our doors are open to those who seek shelter, a new way of life, and a place to rest weary paws. What is your name, sir, and what kind of skills do you possess?" Given that the man was still interested in joining the pack, Insomnia was sure there would be some place for him.
The warm air licked at Apex's lowered head as he realized the gravity of his situation. The midnight black coat of the wolf, Insomnia, seemed enlarged by the shadows it blended into on the forest floor. Apex became overcome with nervousness. Insomnia appeared nice enough on the outside, but Apex had a feeling that there was power beneath her small stature. He didn't trust his own judgement since it was clouded by nerves and worry. He reached deep within himself to find the correct thing to do. He found it beneath his anxiety telling him to submit. And so he did. Apex lowered his body and kept his eyes away from Insomnia's calm, calculating gaze. Apex noticed Insomnia's head nod and felt swept over with relief. But this did little to calm Apex.

Apex brought his tail between his legs, and positioned his ears to half-mast. "Your hospitality is endearing. My name is Apex. I am a novice hunter and tracker. But what I lack in training I make up for in ambition and willingness to learn. And I'm a fast learner..."
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Rancho);</style>Titania Moonsong

burning the ground, I break from the crowd
I'm on the hunt I'm after you

strut on a line, it's discord and rhyme

AND I'M HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF

Word Count :: 375 Herp derp.

The howl had not been lost on the Alphess’s ears, and come to the call she did. Insomnia had been closer to the cry and was first to respond, and as soon as the silvery wolfess bounded down a small rock face and saw the sight of the dark one speaking with the stranger, she relaxed. She could already see that this stranger meant no harm – for now, anyway. There wasn’t much to make out from this vantage point, though she narrowed her eyes anyway to pick up all she could about their impromptu visitor. Male, for sure, possibly young with a marbled gray and brown coat. She sailed off of the rocks, landing with a soft thud in the snow, her stride never breaking as she pressed forward toward the meeting.

Petite paws left small tracks in the snow as she trotted toward them, her head and tail held high, regal even, and ears pointed forward to catch the last of the words.

“Insomnia… forgive my tardiness.” She spoke, letting her pack sister know that she was approaching from behind. Soon she stood next to the dark wolfess, facing the newcomer. He was properly postured, his tail and head low. Insomnia had done well in ensuring this stranger had meant no trouble for their pack. She looked upon Insomnia’s face with a pleased expression before turning curious honey colored eyes upon the stranger.

“Hello, Wanderer,” she said with a cordial nod. “I am Titania Moonsong.” She didn’t waste her time with adding ‘and I am the Alphess’ or any other such diplomacy. Her stance, scent, and gaze told more than words ever could.

Her eyes turned back to her pack sister, Insomnia, gentle authority behind her gaze. She had come in the middle of a conversation she had not heard, so she did not know what had already transpired. She searched Insomnia for any inkling of fear or alarm, but there was none that she could see. She wanted to know what was going on, but was sure she would be told without having to ask. Waiting for the explanation, her eyes turned back to the Wanderer. He was young, as she suspected, probably only a few months younger than the child Alphess herself.

image from dawnthieves; code template by kitty; table by raze

<style>
.Hltw_razkit p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; line-height:16px;}
.Hltw_razkit b {color:#ffff62; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit {background-color:#605f5f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#f1efed; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XNRhd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #463837; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.Hltw_razkit .name {text-align:center; font-family:Rancho; color:#ffff62; font-size:65px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:25px; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit .lyrics {font-family:georgia; color:#f1efed; font-size:15px; padding:6px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:12px; text-align:center;}
.Hltw_razkit .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:10px; border-bottom:2px dotted #3a3629; padding:0px 15px 0px 0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
The wind had been kind to Apex. For it seemed to have given his howl, even if it was mighty for an adolescent, the assistance it needed to reach the ears of a beautiful wolfess. And the gods above must have had quite a sense of humor because not long after Insomnia arrived and acknowldged Apex, another goregous creature lept from her perch atop a collection of boulders to join them. Apex caught her scent as she graefully approched the meeting. It was similar to Insomnia's being that he had never come across it before then.

Apex had never laid eyes on such a beautïful creature. Almost dazed by her presence, Apex had to consciously struggle to regain focus on the important matter. Her moonlight silver coat didn't make the task any easier for Apex.

As he began to acknowledge her. He stopped. With her she brought a subtle gust of wind. The gust brought her scent to his nose. And before becoming intoxicted by Titania's frarance. He had realized what the scent meant. This new wolfess, who introduced herald as Titania, was the Alphess of New Dawn. That was the scent Apex thought he caught during Insomnia's approach. He felt uneasy from wonder if he gave his request to the correct wolf. With this in mind he was prepared to proceed. "Greetings Titania, I am Apex. I travel here in search of acceptance and guidance. I bring with me youth, skill, and ambition. I mean your pack no harm."
It was funny how, even though everyone knew the proper code of conduct around those above them, it was an unlikely thing to witness it being played out - instead, many still stood with tall heads and perked ears, only adhering to the rule which regarded the position of the tail. It was no mystery as to why, either; everyone had too much pride, and the same was true for Insomnia. There was not a moment in her life in which he could recall giving in to complete submission - except for her alpha's.. Standing before her was a young boy whose tail wagged first in a somewhat inappropriate fashion, but she hadn't even given it a moment of his time. Instead, she only smiled, almost feeling bad when he lowered herself closer to the ground - it was something she didn't like to see younger wolves doing. Perhaps it was to do with the fact he was still so childlike and innocent; he belonged in a secure family, not alone in search of one.
She remained where he was with an almost paternal smile on his muzzle, letting her finish what she was saying before his response was offered. She nodded at his skills and quietly thought out what he could be good for in the pack. He could be a great hunter, warrior and since he was a fast learner and still a pup, he had a lot going for him in the future. She gave his his tail wagging ever so slightly behind him - it almost never properly swung back and forth. "Wel-" Cut short by the familiar chirping of Titania, Insomnia turned her head to greet her friend, grinning at her. Come to think of it, she hadn't seen the little pale female around for a while. "Titania, Apex here has the skills of a hunter and wishes to join...I think he should" Perhaps the explanation wasn't needed, for the scenario was so obvious, but introductions always did one well. They were both rather young and, in their own ways, timid - it made them a perfect pair together, both sweet and innocent.
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Rancho);</style>Titania Moonsong

Word Count :: 300+

Titania cocked her head; one ear perking whilst the other swiveling sideways as both Insomnia and the stranger explained what was going on. He was kindred, just another lost soul searching for a place to call home. But was it mother moon who led him here, or some other force? Was he here to be a part of a pack, or for a free ride? Looking him over, she thought his intent was probably not ill. He seemed but still too young to be a pawn of evil forces.

She stretched her neck, extending her muzzle so her nose touched to Apex’s, a tentative sniff at first. Then she took a step forward, paw crunching softly in the snow as her nose prodded at his muzzle as she took in his scent, mapping it within her memory. As far as she could tell, he did not carry the musk of any of the packs they were wary of.

Stepping back a half step, she looked into his eyes. “Do you understand what you ask, young one? If you are looking for a lavish life living in some hotel, then you have come to the wrong place.” A brow quirked at that as she searched his face for understanding.

“As Insomnia can tell you, we here in New Dawn live true to our roots. Our lives are natural, you will find no human buildings in our realm-“ …except for the rest stop and highway that scarred their paradise… “-and little of their possessions and culture remains within us; though we don’t shun every trinket and bauble, we are still understanding.” She nodded, thinking of Zalen’s own love for books, and a few of the members’ enjoyment of pets. From those outside looking within, they appeared to be a zealous people with strict law; but they were truly sympathetic. They were an intelligent species, now, and they knew that little curiosities and indulgences were only Wolfish to afford.

“Before she came to us, I did not know Insomnia, but now we are family,” she turned to the beautiful sable wolfess and gave her a nuzzle. “She sees the potential in you. You would be prepared to take New Dawn above all others as your family? What happened to your family, young traveler?”

<style>
.Hltw_razkit p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; line-height:16px;}
.Hltw_razkit b {color:#ffff62; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit {background-color:#605f5f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#f1efed; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XNRhd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #463837; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.Hltw_razkit .name {text-align:center; font-family:Rancho; color:#ffff62; font-size:65px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:25px; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit .lyrics {font-family:georgia; color:#f1efed; font-size:15px; padding:6px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:12px; text-align:center;}
.Hltw_razkit .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:10px; border-bottom:2px dotted #3a3629; padding:0px 15px 0px 0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count

The air seemed still although Apex felt a slight breeze pass through the small space between his head and his pinned down ears. He was sure that under other circumstances he would have begun to relax due to the traces of kindness dancing across Insomnia's face. But the young wolf was in a trance. A trance induced by the wolfess Titania. “I...” But when Apex opened his mouth he realized he had nothing to say. Nothing that wouldn't make him sound idiotic. So he watched as the two wolves before him acknowledged one another.

Then she opened her mouth to him. Apex received her words. Were they a warning? Apex felt a strong feeling of belonging. Titania's message filled the longing within Apex's soul with every word. New Dawn was exactly what he had been searching for. The gods smiled upon the young wolf. "I only know the natural ways of the wolf and I seek nothing more. Insomnia, I am honored in the potential you see within me. My family is gone. My mother slain by a cougar. Understand that I regard these beast in the deepest pits of my heart. I know what it is I do.I now accept New Dawn above all others."

<style>
.apex1 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.apex1 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.apex1 b {color:#4F4F77; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.apex1 {background-color:#05056D; background-image:url(http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/ ... 4qqdv5.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:433px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.apex1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.apex1 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 200+ Welcome!

His words the Alphess could not deny were spoken with sincerity, and she seemed to hold her head up even higher as the young subordinate spoke so surely of his choice. She gazed down at him for a moment, her golden eyes drinking in every line of his visage, searching for deception, but there was none to be found. If this was a trick, if he had an ulterior motive, it was beyond the young alpha.

“Very well,” she said with a slow nod, then stepped forward again to nose at the wolf's snout, cheek, and down to his neck. She bumped up against him as she did so, and expected no retaliation in return. As she sniffed near the back of his head her maw hovered close to that vulnerable place in the neck... it was her test. Once she was satisfied, she stepped back again, her expression now even warmer than before.

“Welcome, Apex, to New Dawn,” she chimed happily, and her tongue lolled with her grin. “Insomnia, since you found him, you are tasked with teaching him our ways and making sure he understands our realm.” Her eyes rolled toward Insomnia as she bestowed the wolfess with her new duty. If this one was as bright as he seemed she would not have to mentor him for long.

Then her head tipped back, nose prodding air as she sang her wolfsong mirthfully for Apex, and let all know that a new brother had joined their ranks.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Rest now, traveler, for you are home.

Your brothers and sisters welcome you to New Dawn!

Congratulations! You no longer stray from the path and have returned to life as a true wolf. You do not have to face this world alone, and now may rely on the wisdom of your pack to guide you.

• Take a moment to check out our Game and the Moons to see how you can start collecting rewards.
  • Remember to study your new realm by reviewing the Map and Territory Guide so you may know the land in which your family thrives. Do not be afraid to travel anywhere within the borders of New Dawn.
  • Please read about our Culture and take a moment to review our Policies so you are best equipped to live as a true wolf.

If you have any questions or concerns you may always seek your alphas' guidance by contacting Nat (Zalen Damaichu) or Nuki (Titania Moonsong). Feel free to start posting in your new home immediately, or if you would like to plan a thread you may poke your muzzle around in Thread Requests or Open Threads!

[/html]