red solo cup
[html]

Sorry Shaw, I would have this up sooner if it was not for making a table just for this thread. @_@ Also, I'm sooo very tempted for Arty to sing this song later on... *derp*
Btw, anyone may correct me if plastic cups are not able to survive the toll of time; I assumed they would, being unopened and in a damp, dark place.

Word Count → 578

Everything was quiet. Usually, Arthur found peace in the silence, as did his parents, with the distant sound of gulls and the lapping of the bay few yards away. But this was dead silence. No noisy birds broke it, and the rolling water was far from where the boy was at that moment. The only sounds that disrupted the quiet were the boy’s muffled footsteps and the occasional rustling of drifting human garbage. The only other things that accompanied him was the dead cars that littered the streets and the plant life that somehow managed to squeeze their way from the solid rock that covered the ground.

Monahan knew he was alone, but he could not help but grip the bag that was slung over his shoulders even tighter, as if fearing someone would suddenly rush in from no one to slit his throat. I don’t even see how those bloody humans could live in such a creepy place, he thought as he looked up at the beaten down, broken-glassed buildings that enclosed around him as he scurried past them. He knew now why some could reject the more humane lifestyle; who would want to live in such a God-forsaken hellhole? Never mind such things, he thought to himself, trying to focus on the task at hand, It’s not like I am gonna go sleepin’ in this neighborhood, just takin’ a gander at things.

It was late noon, the sun beginning to set, but there was still enough light for the pale wolfdog to see his way around. What was he exactly doing, poking around in the more run-downed part of Halifax? Well, he was hoping to scavenge some items that have been on his wish list for a while. Mainly a thing his mother would probably chew him out for, while his father would proceed to beat the sense he was born without into him. He paused when he saw a gritty sign that had long lost its color reading “E R ‘S STOR “. Stor…? Store!

Immediately, he leaped through the broken display window, careful not to step on any glass. Most the shelves were either tossed over or empty, with a few random items still on display. Quickly, Arthur rummaged through whatever was left, hoping to find something useful, as well his prized item. Sadly, all he came up with were soggy cardboard boxes, a hammer, and an unopened pack of red cups whose colors were quite faded. He decided to take the hammer and cups, never knowing when he was going to need them. He quickly exited the store, and continued glumly down the street.

Feeling disappointed, he barely passed up a building that was shady looking, and if he did not take a chanced glance towards it, would have went on his not-so merry way. What his green eye beheld was a familiar word: bar. Faint, nearly washed away the word was, but it was there! Now with a devilish grin relishing on his face, he pushed up the door, which was quite difficult do accomplished, considering that it had not been opened for thirty years. After busting down the door, Monahan was greeted with a sudden gust of dust and the scent of very stale alcohol, which left him coughing for a moment. But, once the breathing fit was over, the boy dove into the building, leave the door behind him opened. Now, all there was to do was to find it…

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.arthur-redsolocup { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RslZH.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#774343; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:285px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ad7777; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.arthur-redsolocup b {color:#ff4344; }
.arthur-redsolocup p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.arthur-redsolocup p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.arthur-redsolocup .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.arthur-redsolocup .wordcount {color:#ff4344; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Frijole);</style>Jiva Takekuro
Word Count :: 356
OOC: Dated for the 22nd yeah? Big Grin I wish i could make tables then i won't have to use the same one over and over again lol.

Jiva had heard many tales of halifax, but it was as if he were in a dream. Seeing the tall buildings with his own eyes gave him vertigo. He had moved slowly around the area, not sure why he was here now that he saw it. In the distance it had been a wonder. Now it was quite scary and daunting. He moved silently padding on all fours as he took in everything around him. old rusted cars littered the streets, the vines of sleeping plants were scattered throughout the city. He thought he heard something but when he looked around he saw he didn’t. Many of the signs over doorways made little sense to him “video games” and “taco bell” and “Mcdonalds” was just preposterous, and he couldn’t even pronounce the last one he had seen.

That soon became a matter of little consequence as he heard a loud crash nearby. His head lifted up and his heart went to his throat. Stirring up what courage he had he moved to the commotion he had heard, which wasn’t too far from him. When he saw the splintered door he took his time to change into his optime form. A pretty formidable form than his lupus at least he felt that way. Moving towards the wrecked door he saw the form of another male, who seemed to be looking for something. His curiousity getting the better of him Jiva cleared his throat looking around. The stench of something so unfamiliar hit his nose, it wasn’t entirely unpleasant.... but it was so strange so alien. He kept his attention on the man though, not sure what he was doing himself.

“Uh hi, You lookin for something?”

Jiva said. He had not grown up with boys his age, and this man before him was even older than him. Though he felt that he could have been a playmate if he were younger. This was how he felt though, after his greeting he wasn’t sure how the other would react nor if he would find himself with a knife to his throat.... again.

Image courtesy of UmbraDeNoapte-Stock

<style>
.SS15141211_Jiva .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.SS15141211_Jiva p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SS15141211_Jiva b {font-family:verdana; color:#3a3629; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SS15141211_Jiva {background-color:#58553f; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#a4a897; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8357/atab4.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:291px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #4e4839; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.SS15141211_Jiva .name {text-align:right; font-family:Frijole; color:#2c281d; font-size:35px; text-shadow:#3a3725 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px;}
.SS15141211_Jiva .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#8c8767; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #3a3629;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
Table made by Kitty!
[html]

Yep, that's what we agreed for. ^^ And embarrassed Arty amuses me. xD

Word Count → 460

The tables were overturned, chairs splayed all over the place, and the bar itself was littered with broken glasses and debris. It was obvious this place was ransacked before the humans’ demise, but besides the scenery, the only other thing that seemed to be out of place was a metal machine that had seen better days with round, flat stones Arthur knew to be coins surrounding it. The boy made no attempt to be quiet as he stepped around the furniture, sometimes turning a chair or a table over in case their bodies concealed anything. Slowly he made his way to the bar, cleared all the junk that was sprawled upon it with a sweep of his arm, and pulled himself on top of the counter so he could stand upon it to search the room better. It was a pretty small room with a door in the corner to probably what was another small space, so it would not take him long to find out if what he was searching for was to be found there or not.

After surveying the area, he jumped down to behind the bar, and started to rummage through there. “No… no.” Muttering to himself, Monahan pulled out dirty wine glasses, not giving them a second look as he set them down on the dusty ground. He went through many dirty glasses, short ones and skinnies ones and some which shapes were out of this world, until he reached a clue, which brought a smile to his face as he took a hold of it and straighten up. “You lookin’ for something?” “What the bloody hell?!” the pale man barked in surprise, nearly dropping the empty beer bottle as he quickly turned to face another Luperci, which he had not notice until that very moment. He tossed the bottle around for a second, trying to recover his grip on it while his heart raced in his throat.

“A-aye, lad, I am lookin’ for something,” he murmured once he took a firm hold on the container and his heartbeat returning to its normal pace, looking down on his finding then to the boy. “But what the bloody hell were ya thinkin’, sneakin’ up on me like that! I’m not lookin’ for a heart attack!” Arthur asked with a little vigor, now annoyed at the fact that he may have looked like a fool juggling around a beer bottle out of shock. He took a big huff to calm himself down, and looked back at the younger man with a crooked smile. “Sorry there, mate, didn’t mean to snap at you there. Just spooked me, ya know? Name’s Arthur Monahan, of Cercatori d’Arte, about a couple of hours’ journey from ‘ere. Might’ve heard of them before?”

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.arthur-redsolocup { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RslZH.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#774343; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:285px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ad7777; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.arthur-redsolocup b {color:#ff4344; }
.arthur-redsolocup p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.arthur-redsolocup p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.arthur-redsolocup .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.arthur-redsolocup .wordcount {color:#ff4344; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Frijole);</style>Jiva Takekuro
Word Count :: 305
OOC: Sorry for the delay, muse has been fluctuation Sad

It seemed that Jiva had been far more quiet than he had intended, but he was wary of the place around him and of the man who was searching around the place. He felt bad and cringed at the barating, most of all his heart skipped a beat when the man almost dropped the bottle that was in his hands. His accent was strange on Jiva’s ears but not unpleasant, though he had to work at deciphering much of what the man said. “aye” was not in Jiva’s vocabulary, but he was quick to learn it’s actual meaning.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to sneak up on you. I just feel strange in this place. Lots of ghosts you know...”

He was bad at explaining his situations, but that was the way things were it seemed. He listened as the man cooled down and introduced himself. He smiled a little, remembering the tale his father had told him. He had done it with a bit of ferocity when he spoke of it and told Jiva never to just trust wolves outright and go with them. He had been told of his cousin’s demise as well as his aunt living there with a brute who had stolen her away from her brother.

“Yeah I heard of it. My Aunt lives there. My name is Jiva Takekuro. I reside in New Dawn. I don’t know if you’ve heard of it though, it is newly established, but word is getting around.”

His voice was soft and calm not showing much expression now that the other calmed down. Arthur may have looked like a fool juggling the bottle around but in the initial shock it didn’t matter to Jiva as he felt bad already he had scared the poor man.

Image courtesy of UmbraDeNoapte-Stock

<style>
.SS15141211_Jiva .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.SS15141211_Jiva p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SS15141211_Jiva b {font-family:verdana; color:#3a3629; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SS15141211_Jiva {background-color:#58553f; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#a4a897; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8357/atab4.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:291px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #4e4839; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.SS15141211_Jiva .name {text-align:right; font-family:Frijole; color:#2c281d; font-size:35px; text-shadow:#3a3725 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px;}
.SS15141211_Jiva .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#8c8767; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #3a3629;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
Table made by Kitty!