Distress
[html]

Word Count » 390 :: OOC: Set in AMES DE LA MORT

Her wounds were fresh and she had triued to be strong to show that she was going to prevail even though her father figure was gone. He had been everything her own father had once been and now he left and he had asked her to leave with him. Leave the home she promised not to leave again. This was where they belonged and now she had to choose, him or her home. She had chose her home though she said nothing to her cousin. He left with his son to who knew where. It had been a day since he had left and she needed to get out of the pack lands. She moved towards the withered realms where she let her feet move to the spot where she had met a woman who said she had little time to live and had given her a precious spice that Eclipse would cherish. The place gave her much comfort as it was newly growing. The trees here were not what one would expect as they were new saplings just starting to sprout. In fact there were more logs of the dead burned remnants of the trees that use to make a forest long ago. Now there were little branches sticking up, leafless due to the weather, but in other words quite healthy. Eclipse found a spot to sit against an old log and looked at a particular tree she had grown acustomed to. It had a twisted branch that made her think of its oddity.

Then the pain of him leaving rushed to her and she couldn’t help but cry. He was gone and though she had the chance to go with him, she couldn’t and her body shook as she cried into her arms. He had left even though she didn’t want him to go. He had promised not to leave again. She thought that he meant the pack and now she was alone again. Her tears flowed freely now where no one could see her and she hid them as best she could from the trees that were the only witness to her sad cries. her shoulders shook and in turn most of her body, the tears stained her cheeks and arms as she cried into them. She was alone, no one could understand her.... ever.

<style>
.free-a41 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a41 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a41 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a41 b {color:#6f6868; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]

OOC: jeans, shirt (unbuttoned)

There was no real reason for Vikas to be wandering over here, but there was no real reason for anything Vikas did these days. He had no purpose, no jobs, no goals or motivation. It felt so strange to be this detached from society. He felt a bit like a ghost, floating around and watching the world go on without him. The boy was slowly looking for a reason to be, a sense of belonging, a friend even. His travels had not lasted that long, and already the male was craving stability again. He was not meant to be a loner.

This place didn't help that aching feeling any. Everything around him was dead and grey. Obviously, the place had been wiped out by a fire at some point. The whole place just gave him the creeps, it was too eerie to see even nature look so empty and desolate. The new growth did little to console him. All the living trees and shrubs were were still incredibly small and scraggly, making for a rather weak patch-up. Vikas considered simply turning around and heading southwest again, when at that moment he heard a strange sound. It sounded like life. The grey wolf was immediately drawn to it, although it didn't sound very pleasant at all.

He followed the sound of quiet sobbing like a child following the Pied Piper. Eventually he happened upon the source. Vikas hesitated, wondering if he should draw near or not. There, beside an old knotted log, sat a girl. The tan figure was curled up, her body trembling from her own cries. Her long brown hair draped over her shoulders and her face was buried in her arms, so there was not much for Vikas to see. Whoever it was, she seemed miserable. Vikas felt uncomfortable, uncertain whether or not he should stay. He didn't know this female, so what could he do to help her? Maybe she would snap at him, or tell him to go and just leave her be. But if he simply walked by, he knew he would be thinking about her for the rest of the day. He knew better than to just ignore someone that needed help. Vikas scratched nervously at the back of his neck, looking around him for any witnesses. Upon deciding that the two were in fact alone, he approached.

Vikas walked slowly, but made no effort to conceal the sound of his footsteps. He didn't want to sneak up on her. He knelt down next to the crying figure, his eyes full of worry. "Hey, you all right?" he asked, speaking softly.

Vikas Limonchenko
<style>
.vikas .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.vikas-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; font-family:papyrus, sans-serif; color:#14440D; text-shadow:#4C2D11 0px 0px 5px;}
.vikas p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.vikas b {color:#14440D; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.vikas {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... tock-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:220px 0px 20px 0px; border:1px solid #FFCC00; border-radius:15px; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6E571D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.vikas .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 274 :: OOC: this is gonna depress me lol!

She was oblivious to everything. Her thoughts were all that mattered and what they went to was her father’s simple smile when she did something to coax it out of him, and snuggling up to her mother, feeding or listening to a book, and then both faded and she knew what it meant. Saul was gone now too and he wasn’t going to come home. He was going to continue to leave and hurt his family. It seemed now the only thing that mattered to him was his boy. Yes she was a little jealous of her second cousin, felt resentment that he was making her choose between him and her home. It made her cry even harder. She wished she could ask someone fo some kind of insight. It seemed she was going to get it in a left handed kind of way.

She jumped at the soft voice and in quick secession was wiping her eyes dry, but her sorrow was still held onto the surface.

“W-why do th-they all have to leave? Why? I’m all alone now!”

She cried, sniffing a little, trying to compose herself. No one had been allowed to see her cry and she thought this of all places was devoid of any life especially her own kind. It seemed she ran out of luck and now she had company. She would try to compose herself as best as she could, but the thoughts of Saul leaving her mother abandoning her and her father dead.... well it made her want to curl up and not care that this stranger was here now.

<style>
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]

OOC: !! D: -tap dances for you-

Vikas bit his lip when she jumped, and he thought he might have made a mistake. Thankfully, she didn't scream or claw him to shreds for talking to her. However, she was still a wreck and Vikas wasn't sure if he'd be able to do anything about that. When people were that upset, it meant something was seriously wrong and you couldn't just tell them to buck up. No, he figured whatever she was dealing with had too deep of roots for him to just magically fix by being uplifting or optimistic. Still, it hurt him too much to see someone that upset to just give up.

The stranger sat up and wiped her tears, revealing her face for the first time. She was a pretty thing, but Vikas supposed he was just partial to blue eyes, even watery tear-filled ones. The girl seemed completely ignorant of anything he had said, but in a way that was beneficial to him. He hadn't said anything particularly useful or clever. Vikas listened to her, although he didn't really understand her situation. Someone (several someones, rather) had left her, and that was all he knew. Vikas shifted uncomfortably, eventually settling down into a sitting position with his back against the log.

"I'm here," he said, turning to look at her. No, she didn't know him, and yes, he was poking his nose where it didn't belong. But hell, if he could do anything to help that was a good thing, wasn't it? "I..I know I'm just some nobody, but..I'm here," he repeated, wishing there was something productive he could do.

Vikas Limonchenko
<style>
.vikas-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; font-family:papyrus, sans-serif; color:#14440D; text-shadow:#4C2D11 0px 0px 5px;}
.vikas {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... tock-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:220px 0px 20px 0px; border:1px solid #FFCC00; border-radius:15px; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6E571D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.vikas .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 379 :: OOC: BAM! Yeah she's on the edge!!!! XD

She sniffed as she looked at the grey male, who she saw a pair of because of her watering eyes. She wiped her eyes and shook her head, doing her best to control herself. She breathed deeply taking in the scent of old rotted burned wood and the odor of the man next to him. She swallowed wordless staring at him then letting his words sink in. They were kind. As kind as any might have been. Wiping her eyes again she took a deep breath and let it out.

“You are not my family.... my family has deserted me.”

She said, her voice oddly flat for the young woman. She didn’t mean to sound so hateful but right now she was angry angry with her father for being the first to leave then her mother and then the countless other cousins aunts uncles and anyone of her family that had deserted her to leave her alone in the world to have to fend for herself. She was old enough to, but she had been promised. Promised they would always stay, if not in body language but in words as Saul had, now he had made her choose between family and home and she couldn’t. She was an Ichikan no matter how many times she left. She was a Dahlian no matter that Dahlia was long gone. She wasn’t going to desert her pack because her cousin asked her, but she would not forgive him for leaving her. She looked at the man the unknown man.

“Did yours promise you too, did they leave you?”

She asked suddenly. Her words accusatory. She couldn’t believe she was the only one or it would crush down on her even more, and her sudden change of demeanor surprised even her. She waited knowing he would say he had never been abandoned, not as she had, not when he was a pup, but her thoughts weren’t on how everyone had a story no her thoughts were on her own pitiful story, one where whomever she met would leave her. Just like the collie woman she had met in this very treeless forest. She stared at him wanting to know she wasn’t the only one.

<style>
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]

OOC:

He kept quiet and very still, letting her compose herself without anyone asking any pesky questions. Mostly he was noiseless because he had no idea what to say. Comforting others was not a great skill of his. He was left bewildered and distressed when presented with a crying person, especially a crying girl. His posture was stiff and awkward, but it was obvious he really was worried.

"You are not my family..." Vikas' muscles tightened up in momentary fear. Did that mean he was an enemy? It was bad that he felt so relieved when she said that her family had left her. Of course that was a terrible thing, but at least it meant he wasn't about to get skinned alive for not being a blood relative. The grey wolf said nothing in reply to this, knowing that there was nothing to say, really. "Oh, gee, that sucks?" No wonder she was so despairing. Vikas simply gave a respectful silence, showing her he was still listening through attentive body posture.

Despite his attempts at being supportive, as pathetic as they might be, he was rewarded with little more than bitterness. It was to be expected, the brown-haired female looked too distraught to act like a perfect little hostess just because someone happened to show up and talk to her. Surprisingly, Vikas did not flinch or feel panicked at all at her pseudo-attack. He looked away from her, and down at his knees. "No," he started, his voice slow and cautious. He turned back to her blue, blurred eyes. "I was the one that left them," he admitted calmly.

"I never thought that it might affect them so strongly," he mused. "I don't know your family, obviously, but...when I left mine, I still loved them tons." Maybe her family wasn't so adoring. Maybe she hadn't been born into a such a close, loving family as his. How could he know? But in his case, he really had loved his family very, very much. "I won't pretend I know anything about your life, but, you know, if someone leaves, that doesn't mean they don't care for you anymore." He was quiet for a moment before adding, almost to himself, "I think about them all the time."

Vikas Limonchenko
<style>
</style>
[/html]