I never knew a heart could live inside
[html]
Dhalia had, at some point or another, lost track of the time that she had been waiting at the Inferni borders. After a few days of nothing but the random member or two, the random wolf that would pass and give her glares, she had taken to abandoning her post to go and search the city that Oxford had mentioned to her. There, she had begun to gather items, found a nice little spot in the innards of the city, and began to create her home. She never stayed gone for long though, always returning to that same little rock to wait for Gabriel and give him his message.

Today, just as the sun peaked out over the horizon, Dhalia returned to the lands. Settling her rear on the rock that she so frequented, hands began to work at the tangle of thick wire that she brought to accompany her. The wire was balled together in crimped mess and delicate hands worked carefully at it, removing the kinks and tangles, wrapping the completed portion around her arm as she went along. The wire would come in handy at some point later down the road, when all of her business was finished and she was allowed time to get back to her hobbies.
[/html]
[html]

indent He had recognized her from the moment he spotted her. She was a nearly identical duplicate of her father, and shared characteristics with both brothers. That was why he approached her without hesitation, though he would not have hesitated in any other situation either. He was on two legs, hair down and a cigarette in his hand. It was burning, and he took a drag as he approached. Unlike his father, Gabriel smoked very rarely—but he was stressed, and it helped him, in some small way. “What are you making?” He called out as he approached; smoke pouring from his mouth and nose.

[/html]
[html]
He was easy to see as he approached, moving in such a manner that made her rethink what she had observed so far. The others that she had met were so paranoid that it made them seem rather silly, especially when compared to what Dhalia had been told to expect. This one though, he was much different, and undoubtedly exactly who she was looking for. "Just untangling it right now, gonna use it to hang some things in the old theatre I found.." And what a joyous time it would be, when she finally did find what she wanted to hang. Pausing for a moment, dropping both arms to her lap, she lifted her eyes to get a better look at the larger male as he drew closer to her. "Ahemait and Stygian sent me here." She stated then, head cocked halfway to the side, eyes still on him. It was almost as if she was trying to decide, in her own head, whether he was really worth all that they had said he was.
[/html]
[html]

indent There was no reason to be wholesomely concerned with her presence, and he barely retained what she mentioned regarding the wire when the first name escaped her lips. Ahemait had been his favorite of all his siblings, and he had been crushed when she left without a word. All of his family seemed to do that too, though; mother and father’s side alike. “Did they now,” He said, eyes sharp, calculating. “For what?” Though his body position did not suggest it, he had tensed ever-so-slightly.

[/html]
[html]
"She wanted you to know that they're doing well.." The girl stated with a faint nod of her head, still studying him. Ahemait had spoken so fondly of him and of Inferni and, as of that moment, Dhalia hadn't quite seen anything that made them seem as special as they were made out to be. "She and Stygian are raising their children together right now, quite a few days walk from here." It had taken her about a weeks worth of travel to make it, if she could recall correctly. "And she wanted me to come here and let you know, since she isn't ready to up and move the children to come back here herself.." Though she did speak like she had planned to at some point or another.
[/html]
[html]

indent Well, now he was the uncle. It gave him a small amount of pride to know that his children were not the only ones to carry on their family legacy, and that her own would be raised outside of the strife held in these parts. The red-furred girl spoke as if perhaps she had not been the one meant to come here, and this gave him hope that perhaps he would see his favorite sister return one day in the future. “Thank you for the information,” he said, relaxing. “What’s your name?”

[/html]
[html]
"Dhalia Nothing." The girl answered after a short moment, finally prying her eyes away from the large male and dropping them back to the wire that was wrapped around her hands and arms. She fiddled with it a moment, adjusting it in her lap so that she could continue to work out the kinks without having to stare at it the whole time. "Not to be confused with Dahlia de Mai." She commented then, raising one brow as she brought her eyes back up to his face, but she supposed saying that wasn't really necessary. "Your sister raised me after they found my brother and I wandering along the road.." That was really all the explanation that she had for why they had been together. Ahemait had taught her all about Inferni. Stygian, on the other hand, had taught her all about their father and the glory of their blood line.

[/html]
[html]

indent He had been correct in regards to her house. It was almost uncanny, how familiar she looked—not as close as Stygian had been, but close enough. The comment regarding the other pack suggested that someone else had spoken to her, and more then likely it was Anselm. “Your family and mine have had a past together,” he said, though he was sure Ahemait had explained this too. He paused, thinking of Conri; the thought made his eyes turn dark and a thin smile creep onto his face. “Your brother is here as well. I nearly killed him a few weeks ago.”

[/html]
[html]
"Stygian tells me that you knew my father.." The girl spoke with a faint nod, something in her words that might have implied she would one day have questions about it. At the next words, though, her ears flattened and her eyes were locked on his in an instant. "Almost?" There was the slightest hint of disgust in her voice, brows suddenly furrowed. In all honesty, Dhalia thought of Stygian as quite pathetic for having had Conri right where he wanted him and still hadn't been successful in doing away with him. "Stygian is the only real brother I have.." Conri was not her brother, at least in her own mind, and Khaden had been lost when he had run away.

[/html]
[html]

indent “He jumped in the river,” Gabriel stated flatly, his notched ear flicking up as a bird called out from the forest. The fresh scars suggested that Conri had not been the only fight he had been involved in recently. Keeping his eyes even with her face, the hybrid continued. “There’s much worse things then death out here.” Especially when he was all too aware that his mate was carrying children. While Gabriel himself would not act on such a thing, he knew others would. Especially given a push in the right direction. “So what are you planning to do now?”

[/html]
[html]
"Oh..I know there are.." Because I'm here now. Her eyes were almost dark then and a grin could barely be seen curling up at the corners of her lips. She had yet to perfect the calm demeanor that her father had, apparently, been known so well for. The expression was quickly wiped away though and blue eyes were off, having a look around before they settled back on the larger male. "Oh, I've got a little business here and there to attend to, but nothing overly dramatic." Dhalia gave a light shrug with her words, despite how unclear they might have been. "Just have a bit of a look around I suppose, see what all I can get in to. Guess I'll be going between here and the city quite a lot." Certainly he would understand that though, since she now smelled of his clan.

[/html]
[html]

indent Though slight, he saw the ghost of her father in her face. That caused his eyes to glint darkly, suggesting silent laughter. He understood what that shadow meant, and what he could hope to see from her. Nodding at her words, he smiled thinly. “You’re more then welcome to join us, Dhalia.” The last time a Lykoi and the Nothing house had joined power they had destroyed an empire. It was time to bring that terror back to this place.

[/html]
[html]
The red girl considered the words for a moment, working quietly at the wire all the while. Ahemait had said she wanted Dhalia to join them, though she had never been quite sure why. Her brother, on the other hand, had seen in person the full force of their families once they came together. "I'll give it a shot.." She piped up finally, giving a faint nod of her head to accompany her words. She had still yet to see anything spectacular and, if it did turn out that they were far more dull than they had been made out to be, she could always be on her way. "Though I'll be in the city often.." But she didn't suppose that would be a problem.

[/html]
[html]

indent “That’s fine,” he said in response to her final statement. “Keep an eye out for any wolves from de Mai. Treat them as hostile.” That had been his long standing policy, and would remain so until the war ended or he had Haku’s head on a pike. “Also, try and avoid Twilight Vale. We’ve agreed to remain neutral with them.” There was a darker shade in his eyes suggesting that this was by no means a permanent status.

[/html]
[html]
Hostile was something that Dhalia could do and do well. With a very simple nod of her head, the girl stood, gathering the wire in to her arms. "I can handle that.." Because, just from the look on his face, she knew all to well that such a truce would never last, which was almost certain with her being around. "I'll go make myself comfortable, then." And the girl didn't even wait for an answer. Instead, she slipped right by him, making her way in to the lands. Her first thought was Oxford, a trip to visit him and let him know that she was sticking around, though she wasn't aware that he had disappeared.

[/html]