Forked Path
[html]

OOC March 7

Word Count :: +000

She had dropped off Lilith, and the other pups stayed in her satchel, whimpering softly. She had tried to kill them, but it was difficult. They whined with hunger, and she fed them when she couldn't take it anymore. Amy would begin to strangle them, and the helpless trusting look in their eyes would make her stop. It was frustrating. Their bodies were covered with scrapes and bruises, half starved from not being fed properly. Still they lived, and the guilt remained. She knew they had to die, there was no choice in the matter. Entering a quiet open space Amy knelt down.

Gently she emptied the satchel, allowing the three pups to come tumbling out. Their soft cries of surprise as their bodies touched snow had her wanting to scoop them up again. Staying firm she watched them play around. Reaching over she broke ice off the small stream that ran through. Picking Douglas up with shaking hands she held the pup over it. He squirmed in her hands, whimpering in pain from the rough treatment. Amy tightened her grip around his neck, cutting off the noise. She lowered him down, before tossing him away in frustration. She couldn't do it. Amy was too weak. Howling her frustration Amy tore at the ground before her. It was a simple task, yet why? Why couldn't she manage?

<

Table by Alex

<style>
.AmyBebbeh { background-image:url(http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5479/try1k.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; border-radius: 15px; background-color:#000000; width:640px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:400px 0px 10px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:2px solid silver; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.AmyBebbehText {padding:10px; border: 4px #000; background:#747677; color:#000; opacity: 0.4; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%; width:600px; margin: 0 auto;}
.AmyBebbehText p{ opacity: 1; }
.AmyBebbehText b{color:#babdbe; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; font-weight:bold; opacity: 1; }
.AmyBebbeh p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.AmyBebbeh .wc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c;opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60);}
.AmyBebbeh .ooc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 10px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; opacity: 0.4; filter: alpha(opacity = 40);}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC text | WC :: +000

The whole was heard and by someone who had been watching the whole time. He had used every trick in the book and not to make sure Amy didn't know where he was and she didn't. Shadow looked to the pups and saw the torment in Amy's eyes. Amy needed him now more than anything else. She was trying to kill the pups and got close a couple times but that light within her fought as hard as it could to keep her from doing it but that light was fading. Shadow would be needed but what he thought he was going to be needed for was far more than he thought or wanted.

Shadow came from the shadows of the near by trees and he spoke gently as he looked to Amy, knowing why already that she needed to kill them but he had to try and stop her, Talk to her, something. Amy.... Her name was all he said as he very slowly approached the mother. He stayed calm and showed in no way on his body that he was there to stop or held he merely wanted to be there and the howl had been a call to him for help. He stopped and looked to the pups and he would have smiled but something was very wrong here. He got the feeling or something Dark, darker than him and Amy. He felt a dark, negative feeling in the whole area. He for once in his life had doubt, but of what? what was these evil that he was feeling, why did he feel that he would be tested as well as Amy herself.

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!' Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

OOC text here

The pups managed to find each other, huddling in a cold mass together. Amy looked at them, realizing that she could just leave them to die, and they would. No, that wouldn't work. Amy had had pups manage to survive before, a grave mistake she hoped no one would ever discover. If she was to redeem herself Amy had to confirm their deaths, and watching them die slowly and painfully was too much for them. She wanted it to be over and done with, not having to fight the temptation of saving their lives. It was difficult enough injuring them.

A soft sound attracted her attention. Turning her head Amy watched her self appointed guardian approach. Always he was there, trying to protect her, to help her. Amy managed a shaky smile as he addressed her, watching his gaze fall to the pups. The rage returned at her helplessness, striking at the ground. Looking up at Shadow tears fell from her eyes. They won't-they won't die. They're too weak to live, but they won't die. Why won't they die?

<

Table by Alex

<style>
.AmyBebbeh { background-image:url(http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5479/try1k.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; border-radius: 15px; background-color:#000000; width:640px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:400px 0px 10px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:2px solid silver; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.AmyBebbehText {padding:10px; border: 4px #000; background:#747677; color:#000; opacity: 0.4; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%; width:600px; margin: 0 auto;}
.AmyBebbehText b{color:#babdbe; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; font-weight:bold; opacity: 1; }
.AmyBebbeh .wc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c;opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60);}
.AmyBebbeh .ooc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 10px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; opacity: 0.4; filter: alpha(opacity = 40);}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

You promised me i wouldn't have to kill pups, or the elderly....and here we are.....you asking me to kill all your pups.

Shadow looked Amy in the eyes and growled a little, not in a mean way but in such a way because he knew what was being asked of him. She had promised that he wouldn't need to kill pups or the elderly but here she was trying to kill them and if she did he knew she would lose what good she had left.

He looked to the pups and kneeled down and whistled lightly to them and they all slowly made there way to him and whimpered and whined into his fur being cold and looking for safety and warmth. He looked to them and tears left his eyes as he growled to himself more than anything. He already hatted himself for what he was about to do and this action would forever haunt him and his friends and family would be needed to keep him sane. He looked to Amy with anger in his eyes and tears as well.

You need to get up and walk away.....now....you wont want to see this and you wont want to hear it either. Please.....go.....

Shadows voice was cracking and his tail and ears were unmoving his face melted into an unreadable mask as he reached down and picks up all the pups and held them close. The tears left him more now and all he did was hold them, not moving or making any sounds, Only his tears spoke now and they told of great sadness and a inner struggle that no one could understand.

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!' Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

OOC text here

Amy looked up in confusion as Shadow spoke. Kill the pups? Why would he do that? Amy thought over what she had said. Her ears flattened with anger as it registered. He was calling her weak, unable to deal with her own mess. Angrily she drew herself up, glaring at him ferociously. She might be a lot of things, but weak was not one of them. She watched the pups be called to him, her instincts raising up. She watched them bury into his fur, drawing in the comfort that she couldn't give them. Immediately she grew jealous of the assassin, hearing his words.

Realizing what he was about to do her instincts kicked in. She wanted to kill the pups, but suddenly that didn't matter. No! She knocked him down, freeing the pups from his grasp. One of them was cut by her loose claws, crying as it bled into the snow. Amy ignored that, trying her best to pretend she hadn't just done what she had, pretending that it wasn't tears streaming down her face. I'm not weak. I won't ask you to kill pups. Her voice was steady, though her hands shook.

Table by Alex

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Shadow growled and pulled his sword from his back and held it out as he bared his fangs and remained unmoving

I never called you weak!!!!!!!!!!!I'm doing this because i have to! You can't understand why i do what i do! There is no way in hell you could understand me! Everything i do is to help! You will not kill these pups!

He roared and held the blade outright it's point perfectly being held steady and the point was aimed at her heart and with every little movement the sword followed the heart like a snake following it's target before it would strike.

Amy....you don't want to kill these pups, I watched for far to long as you kept trying to kill them, You not being able to kill them doesn't not make you weak....it makes you strong, you care and you know it, I can't let you kill the pups because it will kill you.

Shadow was serious now, His body and face and teeth told up death and he ment it, if he had to he would take Amy down in order to get at the pups himself so that she wouldn't have to do it. While all this was happening Shadow was at war with himself, here he was fighting a friend over who got to kill the pups, Shadow wished with all his being that it wasn't happening and that it was a bad dream but the smell and the anger and the feel, made it all to real for him.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

OOC text here

Amy didn't understand. She truly didn't. Amy didn't know why she'd leaped to protect pups she was trying so hard to kill, why she was crying, why Shadow was so adamant in doing something that she had never contracted him to do, something that would break something that held actual value in her stone cold world. A sword pointed at her, and all she could do was stand still, trying to move so that it wasn't pointing at her heart. It was a disaster, this battle that tore her so far apart she couldn't even stand against a single assassin that she knew she could match.

She shook her head, not understanding how being unable to kill a pup was supposed to be strong. All she could do was look at Shadow, wishing that he was wrong, that she could kill the pups without breaking. I don't want you to have to do this. Her voice was almost a whisper. Amy couldn't stand this situation, unable to move forward, unable to stand still. She wished the pups hadn't been flawed, that she had been able to bear them with pride. This was what fate had created though. An eternity passed before Amy stepped away and walked into the woods. She didn't look back, leaving Shadow with the pups, knowing what would happen, unable to bear the thought of what was happening because of her weakness.

<

Table by Alex

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Shadow watched her turn and walk and as she did tears still left his eyes as he turned and looked to the pups. Maybe this was why....could this have been the reason why his father pushed him so hard not to have feelings or remorse. His fathers teachings all came back to him, memories flooded his every thoughts and will. He remembered back to when he was a pup being trained buy his father, but something he couldn't remember was now shown to him. He saw his father after beating him nearly to death, drape a fur over his son so he didn't freeze.

Shadow saw his father with anger in his eyes but yet there was fear and a sadness that he hadn't noticed before. Shadow saw within his mind that his father loved him and never wanted an assassins life for him but he had no choice. This couldn't be, Shadow had thought for so long that his father was heartless and cold but he cared too, he had been trying to get shadow ready for the pain that came with being an assassin and of being there for others. Shadow slowly came back out of his thoughts and he reached down and gathered all the pups again and he hugged them with one arm and then he whispered a prayer to the gods for the pups to have a safe journey and to be happy in the after life. He placed them all down on the snow one right next to each other and he closed his eyes and he cleared his mind and then he opened his eyes and swung his sword.

A long time of silence happened for where Amy way and she would not know when they did until a loud howl to the good was heard from Shadow within the forest and if she went back to check on him She would find Shadow standing there looking down onto small mounds of dirt where he had buried the pups and he had used his own hands to dig the holds and to gather the rocks and place them on top. Shadow was unmoving and his face was black as he stared with cold eyes towards the pups final resting place and tears were still in his eyes.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

OOC text here

It seemed that everything refused to move. The darkness inside her fluttered, trying to break her. Amy never broke though. She simply made it a part of herself, and used it. At last the world released it's breath in a wild, sorrowful howl. The deed was done. Knowing that it would have damaged the one who had taken this burden from her Amy returned. She stood beside him, looking at the three small mounds, the cracks of blood around his claws from digging in the frozen ground. His eyes were frozen, holding none of the warmth inside that had been there before. Tears still stood, not quite ready to drop.

For Amy, it was over. She had always known the pups were going to die. It was only a question of time. Their death brought release. For the delicate breakable assassin before her, this was only the start. Gently Amy rested a hand on his shoulder. She searched for words, finding none. At last she settled on a sentence that held little meaning to her, but was filled with all the genuineness she had within her. Thank you my friend. If you need me simply ask. It may not be much, but I'll pay off my debt. Good luck on your journey.

<

Table by Alex

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Shadow didn't react when Amy touched his shoulder or even at her words, He was caught in a nightmare and a dream all at the same time. Before he took the lives of the pups he had seen a father that truly loved him and wanted a batter life than the one he had now and then on the other hand he had just killed pups in order to save what good there was left within Amy. For as long as Shadow could remember he had been a giving, kind, gentle soul with the skills and abilities of a perfect hunter and killer.

Two halves of the same coin, it seemed as though that old saying held more weight than he had thought. We was a monster with a heart, a killer with conscience and a cold blooded demon with values. His actions helped others but hurt him, killed others but saved lives. So this is what his father was trying to teach him....Killing is easy, being burdened with the sin, not so much.

Shadow looked at her and without saying or doing anything, his eyes spoke for him. His eyes said that he was thankful that she was free of this decision, but his eyes told of so much more darker things. Shadow moved away from her and looked to a blank area of the snow and then he looked again to the small graves he had made and he growled lightly as he turned his head towards the horizon and bolted faster than ever. As he ran he came to a rock formation and he jumped up it and once at it's top he hurled himself as far out and as high as he could go and he shifted in the air to his Secui form.

When he landed he no longer had a aura of peace and kindness around him. Hadley had seen an aura of a demon within shadow, Oh how wrong he was then, if Hadley had seen Shadow now he would have run or died. Shadow howled to the world and cursed it and then he ran in an unknown direction and moved as fast as he could, He would pass cats, small animals and even bears and they wouldn't even have a chance to attack him due to how fast and angry he was moving.

Shadow needed to be alone, away from everything and everyone. He was at war with himself and at any moment he might snap and take his anger out on any animal or being that crossed him. He would run until the scents of all animals were gone and he was truly alone before he would ever think of stopping. Shadow needed everyone and no one. He was now as his Name suggested, a shadow with fangs.

template by revo. <3

[/html]