Heading Your Way
Hidden well beneath the lush green foliage, a canopy like resemblance, scampered a lone she-wolf. She was not very big and blended well with her surroundings. She was on a mission and was hoping to escape the wet forest and make it out into the open before night fall.
The sun was slowly setting in the west, but its brilliant glow was still strong enough to penetrate the thick canopy above. Each time the great wind blew from the East, it rocked the tree tops creating openings for the light to filter through. Leona often searched for the patches of light were the sun shown down and raced for them, showing herself to anyone or anything lurking around her. Whenever she passed through one of these beams, the lights danced through her rust colored pelt, illuminating the copper and gold hues that streaked through it. Her black paws padded the moist ground silently as she moved across it with stealth. Her black ears twitched in every direction, picking up the faintest sounds around her. A few times she stopped and stood still, lifting her snout to the air and taking a whiff.
Continuing on, Leona finally saw a break in the trees just as the sun was bout to slip behind the mountains. With a happy yelp, she urged her tired legs on and pursued the gap in the tree line. She loped through it and stopped mid stride before nearly slipping off the edge of the cliff. She stared down the cliff side with angry topaz eyes. Where was the wide valley she was searching for?!
With an aggravated grunt, she spun around to her right and took off at a run along the edge, hoping to soon reach flat ground and grass. Night was stretching across the sky and Leona had no choice but to slow down and trot to prevent a deadly fall.
With a sigh, she came to a halt and sat down on the edge. She looked up at the moon above her with sad eyes. Tossing her skull back, she opened her maw and sent forth a lonesome howl.
After his encounter with the pup Aylu had continued his travels in Nova Scotia. He had been walking though a forest, tired of not being able to see the sun and the sky. Cilantro slept on his staff and he knew the hawk wanted to fly, needed to stretch his wings. It was getting dark and Aylu wanted out of this forest. "Cilantro my friend. I need you to stretch your wings and find me a way out of this forest. If you see any... he stopped mid sentence as a sad howl drifted to him on the wind. A female. Aylu ran towards the female and found her by an edge.

"Hello? Are you ok madame? I heard your howl. I hope everything is ok. Do you need help? he asked sitting down next to her. She was beautiful. Her pelt were shades of red and gold in the falling sun and he wondered what someone like her was doing out here in the middle of nowhere. Did she need help? Was she also looking for a way out? Something about her seemed ....lonely. Like she was like him, searching for someone, anyone. He hoped his company was enough.