rumor has it!
[html]
Darkness clung to the early morning like a protective shroud; the grass was beaded with dew, and the songbirds wouldn’t begin to sing for an hour, at least. There was an eerie calm upon this part of the world, which still slept beneath a moon that had only just made way for the first light of daybreak. Kinkade’s dull nails dug into the soft earth as she tarried around the outskirts of a clearly marked territory, her oceanic eyes pinned dubiously upon the trees that smelt of dominance and leadership. Two pieces of a whole clamored in a cacophony of disagreement with one another -- one protested, and demanded that the prospect of a pack be left alone entirely; yet the stubborn girl cocked an ear to the voice of quiet need, which yearned for socialization despite a rather uncanny knack for angering what kin she found, especially authoritative figures. She huffed indignantly, but decisively lowered her tail to show acceptance as a lesser presence, despite the way her expression twisted with obvious displeasure at the notion. Kinkade continued to roam, giving wide berth to the territorial line drawn to keep sniffing outsiders, like her, out. Daylight had infiltrated the clouds, infusing them with lovely hues of gold, orange and pink. As she’d dawdled, the birds had shaken the sleep from their feathers and now the sound of exuberant twittering drifted through the air. Her paws were slick and damp from the dew that clung to her gossamer fur, from the hour she’d traced and re-traced her steps outside the threshold of acceptance.

At last she became tired and frustrated with her indecision, choosing instead to spontaneously halt mid-stride and throw her maw to the sky in a deliberate summons. The breeze combed the tendrils of her pearlesque fleece into a tumultuous frenzy; they whipped away from her flesh, almost angrily -- as if they protested Kinkade’s decision to seek out a pack. Even her bones seemed to quiver and quake with discord. As her eyes returned to precariously search the trees for an answer to her beckoning, her teeth clenched in anticipation and worry. Her shoulders were lax, and the countenance she wore was steely and composed. The silvery she-wolf perched like a statue for several long, dragging moments, before she decided the wait might be awhile; with bitter resolve to concede, she let her haunches fall into the moist grass, ears attentive and oceanic eyes steadily searching for company to address the questions and strange scents here that remained unanswered.

Word Count: 422
[/html]
[html]
Hey hey Bon! Big Grin
Zalen

As dawn kissed the earth, the shadow that was the Alpha of New Dawn crept through the tree line like the shadow that he was. He had an uncanny knack for slinking through the brush like a serpent, silent and quick. This morn, he was trotting a lot with the tail of some hapless rodent hanging from his jaws, the remnant of his early morning breakfast. He slurped down the remains when a call was issued to the north of him and his ebon tufted ears perked in that direction. A newcomer? How lovely.

Zalen then loped towards the sound, eager to see who it was that was calling him. Having recently lost two members to circumstances he had no knowledge of, the prospect of perhaps another joiner was a welcome one. The pack certainly had begun to round itself out in terms of numbers, something that he believed boded well for them, and soon the punishment period of Noah would be over, and everything would be back to normal, just at the cusp of spring. The dark Alpha was very happy for this.

Soon, he found the tree line thinning, and in the distance, a wolfess gleaming in the new born sunlight like a precious pearl. Zalen was nearly taken aback by the visage, for it was very striking, but this did not heed his steps and he was soon upon her, the onyx tones of his fur in complete contrast to her own. He stepped right up to her, not one for respecting was silly boundaries the Luperci of the lands had set for themselves. His stance was one of unadulterated assuredness and dominance, though it was of a calm reverie and his midnight tail swayed behind him slowly like a flag of friendship. He sniffed at the female’s ruff, and she smelled of the wilderness, just as Ciara had when he had first met her. Good morning to you, I am Zalen, Alpha of the pack at who’s borders you stand. What is your name, and what is it I can do for you? He asked in his low spectrum tenor voice, his apple eyes glinting as the orb of the sun just began peaking over the forest to the east.

<style>
#jn-zalen06 {width:500px; margin:0px auto;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;}
#jn-zalen06.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;padding:0px;}
#jn-zalen06.table {background-color:#9ea9e0;border:1px solid #ffffff;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;padding:5px 0px 155px 0px;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/oNkOr.png);background-position:bottom left;background-repeat:no-repeat;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-1px;word-spacing:1px;}
#jn-zalen06.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 15px 0px;}
#jn-zalen06.table p:first-letter {font-size:23px;font-weight:normal;color:#736581;font-family: 'Homemade Apple', cursive;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #555555;}
#jn-zalen06.table p:first-line {font-size:14px;font-weight:normal;color:#736581;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #555555;}
#jn-zalen06.table b {color:#cf452c;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #555555;}
#jn-zalen06.table b:before {content:open-quote;}
#jn-zalen06.table b:after {content:close-quote;}
#jn-zalen06.words {font-size:10px;text-align:right;padding:0px;}
#jn-zalen06 .name {text-align:center;font-size:50px;padding:50px 0px 15px 0px;margin:0px;font-family: 'Homemade Apple', cursive;text-shadow:1px 1px 3px #555555;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Disquiet smothered the dame as she broke free of the stillness, too adverse to simply sitting in silent waiting. Yanking herself from the ground, she began to pace, assaulting the earth with clipped, forceful strides. Kinkade was so utterly consumed by her protesting thoughts, that the arrival of the alpha she’d summoned caught her off-guard. Startled, she leapt back and landed with her talons grasping the moist silt, defenses thrown sharply about her leggy frame. Those wild, ocean eyes raked Zalen with apprehension and distrust -- but at last, she snorted indignantly and forced herself to calm. Tension still rippled through the sinew coiled rigidly around her bones, and she regarded him with a stiff nod. “Kinkade,” she retorted, appraising him with a dubious stare. The silence stretched between them, as uncomfortable and merciless as the unyielding posture that swathed the pearlescent rogue. She was unaccustomed to anything but loneliness; her manners had never been particularly ladylike or welcoming, and as she peered upon the leader of the territory in question, she felt knots tightening in her chest. “I’m alone,” she admitted finally, though it was perhaps less forward than one would’ve hoped. “I found your borders, and… well, I figured it wouldn’t hurt to see who was in charge around here.” It sounded nearly as lame in her head as it did aloud, and she cleared her throat awkwardly after she’d pushed the words from a reluctant tongue.

It was rather obvious (painfully so, in fact) that Zalen was the reigning male -- he held himself in high regard, dominance rolling from his demeanor in waves. Kinkade felt as if she was choking on the blatant display, and her own assertive nature kicked, screamed and clawed madly beneath the confines of her stoic form. Slowly, unwillingly, she allowed her tail to fall -- inch by agonizing, debilitating inch. Her pride, and everything confident and authoritative that completed who she was, ached in the small show of submission. Beneath the ears that slowly rolled back and pressed against her crown, and her lowered tail, the heart of a rebel beat furiously against her ribcage. Kinkade’s eyes met his with that relentless fire, the indomitable strength of a limitless warrior.

Word Count: 369
[/html]
[html]
Sorry bout the wait on this
Zalen

His forwardness seemed to agitate her, which in turn caused his docile countenance to also go on edge. He took a step back from her as she curtly introduced herself as Kinkade, and Zalen could tell that she was extremely uncomfortable with this whole situation. He could even hear it in her voice when she spoke, her tone not matching the words she was speaking. His tail flicked behind him in slight agitation, and he watched as she basically forced herself into a semi-submissive posture.

Zalen cocked his head at her slightly, realize that she was a lone wolf, used to following only herself, and that while the concept of pack-hood was instinctively desirable, it was difficult for some more free-spirited wolves to mold themselves into that kind of life. Zalen could understand this, he had lived as a loner for many months and it had been complete freedom. But he had indeed been lonely, and perhaps this exquisite female had finally come to the end of her rope, and the draw of social bonds outweighed the benefits of living alone.

Zalen shook himself out and reaffirmed his dominant posture against her half-hearted submissive stance, I am in charge around here, along with my mate Titania. New Dawn is a good pack, looking for strong members. I do not mind that you feel the need to assert yourself, this is the strength I look for, but I must ask that you do show me and Titania and all those above you the respect we deserve. Then softening his voice somewhat, If you join us, you will find your place among the ranks, in time, and I’m sure you won’t feel the tension you do now. He smiled at her knowingly then, hoping that she wouldn’t be offended this time by his forwardness.

<style>
#jn-zalen06 {width:500px; margin:0px auto;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;}
#jn-zalen06.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;padding:0px;}
#jn-zalen06.table {background-color:#9ea9e0;border:1px solid #ffffff;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;padding:5px 0px 155px 0px;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/oNkOr.png);background-position:bottom left;background-repeat:no-repeat;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-1px;word-spacing:1px;}
#jn-zalen06.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 15px 0px;}
#jn-zalen06.table p:first-letter {font-size:23px;font-weight:normal;color:#736581;font-family: 'Homemade Apple', cursive;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #555555;}
#jn-zalen06.table p:first-line {font-size:14px;font-weight:normal;color:#736581;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #555555;}
#jn-zalen06.table b {color:#cf452c;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #555555;}
#jn-zalen06.table b:before {content:open-quote;}
#jn-zalen06.table b:after {content:close-quote;}
#jn-zalen06.words {font-size:10px;text-align:right;padding:0px;}
#jn-zalen06 .name {text-align:center;font-size:50px;padding:50px 0px 15px 0px;margin:0px;font-family: 'Homemade Apple', cursive;text-shadow:1px 1px 3px #555555;}
</style>
[/html]