no one can hurt us now
[html]

Word Count → 000 ::I was so so tempted to make this into a table...But if you don't want me to use it I won't lol..I'm in love with this song...It reminds me of them.

just close your eyes
the sun is going down
you'll be alright
no one could hurt you now

The new day brought on another pang of pain as the Vansenza maiden rose from the floor in which she slept. It simply wasn't right to sleep in an empty bed, even the lost presence of Hadley beneath the bed was terrifying. Selene had no idea on where he was, eliciting much more  pain than the numbness the youth wished to replace it. For the last couple of nights, she'd sit there staring feverishly out the window, checking the halls of the Courthouse. But there was no Hadley. Selene finally became sure that he wasn't going to come back, that he had left for good. Played his game and got on with his life. After assuming that knowledge, she had gathered everything of her possession and threw them all into a neat pile. She'd have to leave if he wasn't coming back. What was the point if he never returned? What would she do anyway? Without Hadley, what was there to do?

She had spent last night struggling to find rest, maybe he was somewhere in a bloody heap of fur, torn to shreds. He should have left her some form of contact, something to remind her he'd return. But he wasn't home. He probably wasn't coming home. She had to find him, make sure he was safe. Make sure he was alright and coming home. In her mind it had been too long, that he was not home. It left her confused, aching for his company and for him to wrap his strong arms around her, reassure her that he could make the world beautiful for her.

She slipped the boots she had made into a large sack, filled with other assorted things she had brought to the room they shared. Everything made her tremble, the possibilities of Hadley's whereabouts, what he was doing. Even if he was still living in one piece. With shaky hands, she finished off the neat pile. It wasn't too big and could easily be loaded onto Uka. She'd be leaving behind so much, how could she stay in this room? And not think about the other inhabitant? Choosing another room would certainly be selfish, and that wouldn't be smiled upon. Suddenly the girl felt a wave of grief and confusion take over, strong and fluid. She began to slowly break down, throwing herself over the pile of supplies. She was too lost, and couldn't hear the door opening behind her...  

<style>
.Selene-text2 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px;  letter-spacing:0px;  word-spacing:2px;  text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.Selene-text2 img{width:300px; float:left}
.Selene-text2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.Selene-text2 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.Selene-text2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.Selene-text2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.Selene-text2 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;color:#6600FF; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #270301;}
</style>
 Picture by Nat!
[/html]
[html]

OOC this is set after he gets back from Aniwaya. Exact date not decided

Finding out that he hadn't been a slave in the pack had him feeling immensely guilty for ever leaving it. He'd wanted to be free, only to discover the only time he'd ever been a slave was in his own mind. Hadley still needed to work on being more courageous, on being less timid, but at least he understood that his life was his own now. It was incredible, how it felt to actually be free. Carefully Hadley moved towards the room that he lived in, nervous about needing a new one since he wasn't Sebastian's slave anymore. He didn't belong there.

No, that thought was wrong. He did belong. It was going to take a lot of work to get used to not thinking like a slave. Hadley gingerly pushed the door open, fingering the small flower carving he'd made for Selene. Looking down he saw the tiny female heaped on the ground, shaking with grief. Immense worry flooded through him. Forgetting that he didn't have the right to touch her Hadley knelt down, touching her shoulder gently. Selene? Hurt?

<style type="text/css">
.hadhugs b {font-weight:bold; color:#bdacb8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #120f10;}
.hadhugs p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.hadhugs {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#211b1b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/cpfBz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:360px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#a2a786; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; letter-spacing:.5px;}
.hadhugs p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.hadhugs p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 000 :it's hard for her to be angry

just close your eyes
the sun is going down
you'll be alright

Maybe she wasn't too dainty with the sniffles and small coughs of her confusion, but when a hand gently touched her shoulder, the young woman flinched before turning over all together to face Hadley. "I'm alright I guess...But why didn't you tell me you left? I thought you left me forever. Where were you?" She let her voice rise just the slightest, not quite a yell or shout, but certainly enough to announce what she thought had happened.

Looking down, she quietly said "I thought you were dead. Or left me..."

The long time of waiting for him to come back, that had certainly been worth it for the most part. Perhaps she wasn't too angry about him not telling her, but it had left an empty link of trust gaping open. She couldn't be angry...Maybe just find out why he hadn't told her. Where he was. She fought the urge to take him into her arms, bring back that wall of trust and caring. But things has a certain order. And they should follow in that sequence. "I thought--That you didn't want me anymore."

She tried to be honest, truthful with her words. There was still a few to let out though. And finally the girl let them slip. "I missed you too." Selene tried her best to regain herself, straightening, untangling her hair with her fingers, but her red eyes were still sad. She leaned into the bag, she was so ready to leave. She got up quietly, not turning back to meet the chocolate eyes of the man she called her dearest. "I was going to leave Casa...Because I thought you weren't coming back,"

<style>
.Selene-text2 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px;  letter-spacing:0px;  word-spacing:2px;  text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.Selene-text2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.Selene-text2 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;color:#6600FF; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #270301;}
</style>
 Picture by Nat!
[/html]
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Selene flinched under his touch, causing him to pull away. The last thing he wanted was to hurt her in any way. Her raised voice struck like a knife at him, causing him to flinch. He wasn't able to answer her questions, though he knew exactly why he hadn't told her why he'd left. Hadley hadn't planned on getting lost, or taking a trip to another pack, or anything that happened. He shook his head softly, listening as she almost cried, saying that she'd thought he'd died, or left her. He opened his mouth, reaching for words to make everything better, but couldn't find any.

Selene's words of thinking that Hadley hadn't wanted her had him shaking his head desperately. He managed to find some words, though they were short, inadequate. Didn't want to leave you. Thought come back better. He was free now, he could care for her without any worry. Selene almost crushed him, saying that she almost left the pack because of him. Sorry. How could he explain what he'd thought, felt, when he had trouble saying even little things? Feeling dirty he looked at the ground, unable to reach for her.

<style type="text/css">
.hadhugs b {font-weight:bold; color:#bdacb8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #120f10;}
.hadhugs {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#211b1b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/cpfBz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:360px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#a2a786; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 000 ::Guilty Selene is guilty

just close your eyes
the sun is going down
you'll be alright
come morning light, you and i will be safe and sound

Selene stopped everything as her words seemed to br hurting Hadley. It was like stabbing him and simply watching without a care. She looked down feeling guilty and foolish, afraid that she had managed to hurt the one she never ever wanted to hurt. "No Hadley...I'm sorry...I just missed you a lot, and I thought something had happened.." Garnet lanterns peered up cautiously to meet his own molasses gems, apologetic and sincere. This was the hardest part. "And without you...What is life anymore?"

Slowly she made her way over to the burly hybrid, a soft smile crossing her features. "I'm glad you're home...I really am..." She reached out a hand and sat down beside him, longing so bad to hold the man close. It had been too long, too long for the coyote hybrid to ever imagine.

She stayed quiet for a while, thinking. Where had he gone? He said he didn't mean to leave, but what was it that had him gone for so long? What prevented him from returning home? It had been torture to sit here and merely watch and wait, the worries flooding over every other logical and sensible thought. "Can you tell me where you went? I'm just curious..." He smelled faintly of other canines, but all of which she didn't know. She hated the unfamiliarity. After a long while, the willowy girl let herself lean gently into him, comfortable once again, ears perked intently for anything. Shyly, she kissed the tip of his nose, she had to show that she cared.

<style>
</style>
 Picture by Nat!
[/html]
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Having Selene apologize for something that wasn't her fault made Hadley feel even worse. He lifted his hand nervously, fingering the lion pendant around his neck. The carving he'd made laid forgotten in the chaos, the representation of the change he'd undergone flooded under the mess of what had been there before. Her eyes met his, making him immensely nervous. Her words about life lacking meaning without him had Hadley turning bright red, body burning. Selene moved over to his side, and Hadley leaned over, accepting her touch.

He smiled softly, moving so that they touched each other. M-me too. Hadley blinked in surprise, realizing that he really, truly had a home that he could call his own. The best part was that Selene was part of it. Being asked where he'd been Hadley leaned back, thinking thoughtfully. A pack. Said they'd help me be free. W-wanted to be able to... Silently he finished the sentence in his mind: 'be with you without being afraid we'd be torn away from each other.' It was a silly thought, one he couldn't finish. He glanced down at the ground, spotting the carving. Picking it up he pressed it into Selene's hand.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 000 ::lolol I read the part where it says 'being with you without the fear of being torn apart' and I was like "Oh that's romantic" then I reread it and was like "literarily torn apart?" XD

just close your eyes
the sun is going down
you'll be alright

Selene was quiet as she was leaning into the large hybrid, it was impossible to keep a gloomy attitude for her, her once glum outlook was changed, into a more blithe attitude. She never wanted to make Hadley feel terrible, and she regretted it. It was the most terrible torture to know that it was your hands and the way you were that hurt someone else. The small hybrid found herself yet again looking down shyly, apologetically.

Selene took one of his hands in her own, glancing with soft gentle eyes. "We'll be alright here...This is home." without Hadley in the very room, it was simply a desolate room. Life without Hadley? Unimaginable! Even the difference of two days says had proved to be worrisome and even more stressful. To her rather deep words, she must've embarrassed or even insulted him, which made the young Vansenza worried. But what he said next was probably meant to be just around the same lines as what she had just previously stated, seeing that he trailed off. There was a small change about the mottled hybrid, he seemed not as mentally chained as a slave, different for sure.

She watched as he bent down to pick something off the floor, and it was gently pressed into her hand. Selene was overjoyed to see a carved flower, delicately carved and so beautiful in her young eyes. "Hadley! It's so beautiful! D-Did you carve this?" Sel hesitated for a moment, unsure of her actions now. Finally she pulled the man into a full on hug, squeezing him with such an affection. "I'm so sorry for everything Hadley...I-I like being with you...And I don't want anything to ruin that." Sincere as she could possibly make it, slowly, Selene nuzzled into his neck.  "My god...It's so good to have you back."

<style>
</style>
 Picture by Nat!
[/html]
[html]

OOC leave me and my sucky romance writing alone XD

Shy Hadley ducked his head down. She had said the words that he couldn't describing his feelings about where he belonged, how he finally had a home. He wasn't alone either, with a pack that cared enough for him to send out a search party when he went missing and a dear friend. It was worrisome that she didn't seem capable of managing without him, but Hadley had been tied to another canine before. Maybe he could teach Selene how to be free too. Not that he was very good at it.

At Selene's joyful explanation Hadley's ears flattened shyly before managing to stand upright a little. It had been the last thing he'd carved in Aniwaya, the concentration of everything he'd learned. Hadley wasn't an artist by any stretch of the word, the petals simply shaped, without the deep designs and intricate carvings others that he'd seen had. Hadley had wanted to make something for her though, something to show that he had changed, could be useful. Pulled into a hug Hadley hesitated for a minute before wrapping his arms around her, holding her close.

There really was no need for the apologies. Hadley frowned a little as she continued to, realizing for the first time how little confidence Selene had. He hadn't noticed before, always looking up to her as a master, someone to guide him. Now he saw her as she really was, someone clinging to him because he couldn't hurt her. Hopefully Hadley could help her bloom. He nuzzled her back, uncertain as he looked ahead, unknowing of what he'd do next. The future was uncertain, but at least he wouldn't be going through it alone anymore.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 000 :i like your writing! Big Grin hover for translations :3

just close your eyes
the sun is going down
you'll be alright

Selene quieted down and held the small flower in her fingers, silently examining it lovingly. "I-I don't know what to say...This is special." The girl shot a smile over to the hybrid, appreciating his work and efforts. And she had to admit, she rather liked the flower. "Do you mind if I make it into a necklace? I'll wear it everyday." It would be relatively easy, cut a small hole in the top, and thread a chain or thread through it. I'd be just like her cross, precious as anything she could want.

His arms around her were comfortable, welcomed by the small hybrid. All feelings of betrayal were gone, he had done something sweet for her and apologized for the delay home. It couldn't have been his fault. Although she had been so so worried! Later the small coydog would put away her things, warrant herself to do that duty after there had been nothing wrong happen at all. It left her melodramatic. But in her life, there was no one else to cling to. To care about and protect. Her family were dead, it was just Hadley. Sel had once contemplated and entertained the idea of "mates" but those things needed just a bit of time, and asking Hadley now wouldn't be the smartest thing to do now. Maybe if they managed to last for a while, like they did now...They'd bond. For now they were just "Selene and Hadley".

As she settled into his arms, Selene opened the side of her bag, taking out some strips of meat for the two of them. It had been a while since her last meal, and hey. She liked giving Hadley things. She rested her muzzle easily on his shoulder, sighing quietly Se solo ci fossero veri amanti... She didn't know what true lovers were exactly, but Hadley hadn't spoken of commitment before, or even the whole prospect of love.

<style>
</style>
 Picture by Nat!
[/html]
[html]

OOC here. /+000

The large male managed a timid smile as Selene spoke. It certainly wasn't anything particularly special. Hadley had put forth his heart into making it, but it wasn't very good, something very simple. It had taken him a long time to make it, and he'd watched members whip out a piece in less than ten minutes that was better than his flower carving. Selene shot him a glistening smile, one that seemed to fill the room with light. Hadley blinked his eyes before ducking his head down with embarrassment. Shyly he nodded his head at her request to turn it into a necklace, a blush rising at her promise to wear it everyday. Again his hand reached up, fingering the lion around his neck.

Selene nestled into his arms, fitting in like a piece to a puzzle. The way she felt in his arms was so right. The tiny female grabbed the bag she'd packed, pulling out some strips of meat for them to eat. Hadley accepted the piece happily, chewing on it with contentment. In Aniwaya his eating habits had evened out a little, getting him to eat at least once a day instead of going until he couldn't take it anymore. He'd practiced more hunting as well. His ears cocked as Selene spoke, musical words he couldn't understand. The feel of her resting on him was nice though, a reminder of how much he'd missed living here.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Selene nodded quietly as he agreed on the necklace, happy to hear that it would be turned into something of everyday wear. Selene knew very well of art, how the artists were with their finished projects, and this special tiny flower was a work of his own, forged with the thought of someone else. It was the purest art of all. It was rather warm sitting so close to Hadley, and she had almost forgotten that by sleeping on the floor. The earthy toned female sighed again, contentedly this time.

In a way she thought for the future for them both, but had a hard time seeing her there with Hadley. She was too young...To naive. And not as beautiful as the others she had seen. Selene could easily be mistaken for a child, her chest wasn't quite big enough and her body was too youthful. Her mind though, was older and much more mature than her physical self. Experiences and different life events had changed that so much. She'd fight for the futures she dreamed, but who could she fight them for? If Hadley wanted nothing to do with her later on, what was there to protect? 

Selene placed a gentle hand on his chest, again reminded of her size. It was the coyote that clung do thick to her genes, leaving her small and streamlined, She probably couldn't protect anyone like this, perhaps she wasn't a protector. The Italian rumbled quietly in her throat in thought, finally conjuring up something worth saying. "Do you want to hear a story?" She asked rather quietly, taking a breath she started. "When I was a small child, my other father Jonito used to always take me out at night to watch the stars. I used to love it. And he'd show me the different patterns they'd make and everything. But the part that made me amazed was when he told me about dreams and the stars." Selene looked back into Hadley's eyes for a brief moment, and continued. "He said that they'd collect your dreams with the mists and rain with the paws of our ancestors, and heed our prayers and dreams. Now every time a dream comes true, they send fireflies to dance in the darkness, lighting it up with glowing joy...Whoever sees them like that--They got their wish." It embarrassed her a little to preach this nonsense, but in her earlier months it meant a lot. "I've never gotten to see the fireflies..," Which simply meant that her wish or hopes weren't coming true for her too soon. Selene sighed and pushed back her unbrushed hair, and nuzzled into his neck. "I'm sorry...It's a silly story...But that's the only nice one from when I was younger."
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Her small hand rested on Hadley's chest. She was so tiny, so delicate next to him. Hadley was almost afraid he would crush her. All the care in the world couldn't make up for a mistake if he hurt her. He was too large, even a single mild blow injuring her far more than it would him. A soft rumble of contentment came from Selene, assuring him that everything was just fine. She was happy, and Hadley was able to partly shield her from harm. Not that he seemed to be doing a very good job of that, but he would try harder. He would make sure Selene never returned to him again covered in injuries.

Hadley's ears pricked up at her gentle question. He wondered what kind of story she would share. Probably something that fit her, bright and beautiful. He listened as Selene described watching the stars with her father. It sounded really nice. Her words about fireflies set him thinking. If he could, Hadley would bring some to her, so that her dreams would come true. He was shocked to hear that it was the only nice story she knew. I-I can tell a story. His ears flattened nervously, wondering if she'd turn the clumsy offer down.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Selene had always admired fireflies, never seeing any for herself before but Jonito would always explain in great detail of the glowing tiny insects that lot up the night. He must've had many of his dreams come true, Jonito was a man of value, someone anyone would love. It was saddening that he'd never see the world again, never look up and see the stars. 

Hadley's size was reassuring, he was her security and protection. Even if he didn't know it. Cage stroked his hair gently, softly and affectionately. His absence was almost enough to shatter her, thinking he was dead somewhere. His arrival home was what brought her back. It was all she could do not to throw herself upon him and hold him until tomorrow, bring back his presence her way and know that he was home. She chewed quietly on a strip of meat, happy that she had cured and spiced it so well. They were getting down on it though, and maybe the Italian would invite Hadley to hunt with her. 

Her eyes brightened as he mentioned that he'd like to tell a story, nodding she happily replied "I'd love to hear it...I'm all ears." Playfully she gently tweaked his floppy ear much like her own, and laughed. Settling down, Sel tried to listen attentively, sitting as if listening and watching respectfully. How she wished for those fireflies now.

She snuggled deep as she could into his body, so trusting and true to the larger hybrid. A contented whine slipped her black muzzle, closing her eyes while waiting for his story. She wasn't going to sleep, just enjoy how life was going at the moment, enjoy it to the fullest.
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Hadley let his hair be fondled, enjoying the gentle touch. His crave for attention hadn't died when he'd become a slave. Hadley still needed to interact with others, a pack creature by birth. It had simply been pushed aside in the battle for survival. Selene's gentle affection seemed to be reawakening that part of him, making Hadley happy to interact with her and looking forwards to when he would be able to make the excuse of touching her, such as now. Hesitantly he wrapped an arm around her, wishing he could pull her close without being so nervous.

Hadley sighed with relief as Selene confirmed she'd like the story. His ear was tugged gently, bringing a grin from him as Selene laughed. Hadley reached up, touching her own floppy ear before looking away. There were stories he'd told, so reluctantly to his little sister. Remembering them was difficult, working past Amy's torture. Once there was a princess, high up in a tower. No one could touch her, and she was all alone. There was a man however, who was very brave. He saw the princess, and fell in love. Da after day he came and watched her, until one day he approached the tower to rescue her. Many battles were fought, but when he finally reached the top the princess was overjoyed at the rescue, finally with someone else, and able to be held. She fell in love with him, and they both lived together forever. It was told quietly, a soft voice that soothed. It lacked the hesitancy he usually held, containing part of his old life inside it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
This was the way life should be for the both of them, soft laughter and gentle affections. A life without worry, but happiness. Maybe their pasts tried to prevent that, but all things had a definite weakness and could be turned to crumbles. She held the small flower in her fingers, memorizing it by touch as if she were blind. His arm wrapped gently around her shoulders and waist, and Selene didn't hesitate to fall in and lean into the touch. She still felt like a coward for never standing up to Amy, even when she had the chance to. She didn't take it. She never tried. She so wanted to protect Hadley, her small size was a huge barrier to do that though. And would she really stoop so low to do the same as Amy did to Hadley? To hurt Amy for vengeance for the one she loved? That wouldn't be just.

Hadley's grin was promising, and something the little hybrid would always remember. He began telling his story, and the sepia coydog listened with both her ears perked. A princess and a prince. So much like a fairytale, so fabricated to put a smile on anyone's face. She smiled as she heard they lived forever happy at the end. It reminded Sel of Hadley and herself, but of course neither of them were even close to being a prince or something of royalty. And they certainly haven't reached  
the happily ever after point. "That's a beautiful story...Do you think that happens to normal people? I mean--not just royalty?" Sel spoke softly, enthralled in the words of the story. Contentedly, she nestled into his strong arms.
[html]

OOC here. /+000

The warmth of her touch brushed the thought that they were both still on the floor away, leaving nothing but their gentle warmth to move between each other. It was so comfortable, he didn't really want to move. Selene's response to the story was different that he was used to. His sister had been so young, so sure of how the world worked, filled with happiness that he slowly wore away in his act of not caring. It hurt to know that he'd been responsible for her cynical view, unable to heal what he'd never meant to break, just wishing to be like his brother.

He thought about the question carefully. Hadley didn't know about any females that got trapped in towers, or males that watched without reaching out. His ears pricked at the words of royalty, reminding him that he did hold a princess in his arms, if one that had chosen to not return to her kingdom. Maybe she didn't mean whether or not canines got trapped in towers, but if they could truly live happy together with someone they loved. It was a puzzling question for the male who had never been in love, caring deeply but always lacking the courage to show it. I don't know. Hadley thought for a moment, trying to think of a way it could happen for her. M-maybe a firefly can make it happen.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → :: these two make me squee happily XD

just close your eyes
the sun is going down
you'll be alright

Selene knew that she was kneeling on the hard floor, yet it wast there as she was pressed into his large body. This was safety. This was security. Dainty hands gently touched his face, wishing for a world that both of them could live safely and in peace. That dream seemed far away. Selene wanted to show him a world like that, simply take his hand and show him. A world that they would be free to do what they liked, a world they could share.

The story of princes and princesses had brought back thoughts of Italy. If she was still there, she would be royalty. It made her curious to think of they way she'd manage to live there. Would there be pompous suitors lined up for her just because of her bloodline? She'd slit her wrists before then. Forget royalty. She had Hadley.

He answered her thoughts, it really was a mystery. Perhaps it was, maybe for one to know they had to find out for themselves. Nodding quietly, Selene thought of the fireflies once again. If only she'd seen them dance joyously through the dark, as if there was a sort of celebration at hand. Then there'd be something coming true, "Perhaps...The prince and princess were lucky...Maybe they had beautiful fireflies to dance for them..." A small smile spread across her coyote muzzle, stories often had the girl thinking, connecting with her own experiences. With one hand balled with the tiny flower gently clutched, the Vansenza quietly murmured "I missed you when you were gone...I was so worried...." Selene whispered quietly, it was the truth. She buried her muzzle in his throat, clinging to him as if he'd never go away.

<style>
</style>
 Picture by Nat!
[/html]
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Hadley felt her tiny hands upon her face, softly touching it. Somehow the scars didn't seem to matter when she was there, brushing them all away with her touch. They might still be there when they parted, but for the moment Hadley could fee that he wasn't hideous, covered in monstrous scars. Selene nodded her head, agreeing with his idea that perhaps fireflies could help someone find such a thing. If he could find it, Hadley certainly would never let go, wanting to remain happy with his love for his whole life.

Her words that the couple from the story were simply lucky had Hadley's ears drooping. That seemed rather sad, having love depend entirely upon finding fireflies and watching them move through the sky. It was as bad as his careless attitude that he'd denoted with his sister. Maybe it really was reality, with no room for someone as soft hearted as he was. Her words about being worried brought a small smile from Hadley before it disappeared. Holding her close he pulled a blanket over them both, settling in so they could just stay this way all day, snuggled together.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 000lalala she knows how to make things awkward XD

Everything didn't depend on the fireflies, she knew that. Some things happened that had turned out to be somewhat like dreams, and there had been no glowing flies. Selene wasn't particularly spiritual on that level to devote her life on waiting for those fireflies, she intended to enjoy it like she was now.

"I guess it's just a story...About the fireflies...I guess I've just admired it." As the blanket was gently pulled up over both their frames, Selene didn't hesitate to make herself comfortable in Hadley's gentle hold. Quietly Selene reached behind her and found something she hadn't found before, lacking to notice. A longish pink scar stretched between her shoulder blades, a mark from where she was thrown to the ground near Ichika, where she had managed to fall against a jagged remaining stump as she fell. "It's funny that I've never noticed this...Must have had it bandaged with my ribs." Sel thought aloud, turning slightly to show Hadley her only injury mark.

Snuggling into his body, a confusing question flicked between her concentration. What was she to Hadley? A child or woman? She was past the in-between point, but what did the scarred man see her as. "Hadley...Am I a child--or woman to you?"

Will you stand when it all burns down. Will you love when it all burns down
Will it end when it all burns down. Will you just let it all burns down

Image courtesy of ecstaticist

<style>
.GR2_SeleneVansenza p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_SeleneVansenza b {font-family:verdana; color:#e19535; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_SeleneVansenza {background-color:#821405;  font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000;  line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4789/atable22.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #38160a; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_SeleneVansenza .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #421009; }
.GR2_SeleneVansenza .name {text-align:right; font-family:Metamorphous; font-size:40px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_SeleneVansenza .lyrics {color:#decab4; text-align:center; font-family:Junge; font-size:10px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px;  letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_SeleneVansenza .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#decab4; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #090c19; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Hadley listened as Selene discounted the fireflies as just a story. That wonder in her voice as she talked about them remained in his mind though. She might view it as just a story, but Hadley would still find fireflies for her. He thought she'd like it, even more than the clumsy flower that he had carved. He felt her shift so that she laid, nice and warm in his arms. He adjusted his grip to hold her tighter, not wanting to let go, wanting to wash all her worry away.

A small growl slipped him as Selene showed him a long scar. He didn't want her to be hurt, and seeing a permanent reminder that he hadn't been able to protect her was painful. Embarrassed he ducked his head down, hoping that she didn't realize why. Luckily Selene completely changed the conversation. Hadley flushed right to his roots at the question. He definitely didn't see her as a child, but to say that he saw her as a woman seemed rather suggestive. Not a child. He buried his head down, hoping she wouldn't notice his embarrassment.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]