The lonely have wings too..
Her paws stepped cautiously along the rocks along the coast, she wasn't sure where she wanted to go. Honestly, she wanted to return to Ichika but the smell of a new leader along the border of the lands stopped her. She wished Jefferson was leader again, and it was Phoenix Valley. She didn't mind Nayru and that odd hippie wolf or coyote...whatever he was, but it wasn't Phoenix Valley. Her soft eyes looked down as her paws no longer moved. She was firmly planted staring out into the vast waters. The whole reason she had left the pack in the first place was to search for where Ookami went. He had said he would pay more attention to her...but then he was no longer trackable. She was able to know where he was within the pack, but that was no more. Now she had left for too long...far far too long. The pack had changed so much since she left.

Disappointment filled her once more. Was she destined to be abandoned? Discarded like a used piece of hide? She was once again alone, something she hadn't experienced in nearly a year or two...How long was it? She couldn't remember, but the feeling was all too familiar.

Her bottom slowly lowered to the cold earthy rocks and small blades of grass that broke through the small bits of snow that remained. Soon she knew summer would be coming back...but not before the freshness of Spring came to lay out the green carpet. She couldn't wait. The warmer weather was much easier to survive in. She had no warmth of a pack, or the abundance of food that came with one. Adonia knew she needed to find another pack and soon, she was not a hardened soul, and she couldn't take being a loner any longer than a ant could. Well she would out live an ant...but still, she needed a pack as much as a worker ant needed its colony..

She found herself putting her ears back and lowering her head as her bi-colored eyes watched the cold water crash against the shore. Where would she fit in at?
[html]
OOC this is her trying to be friendly

Terra darted along the edge of the water happily. It leaped up, crashing against the sand with a thundering roar before trying to drag itself back for another hit. Each dodge was a triumph for her, the stroke of the water against her body a point for her imaginary foe. The coyote's red coat was sprinkled with splashes of salt water when she spotted someone up ahead. The hybrid seemed rather worried about something, distracted in her thoughts. The perfect target.

Tail wagging Terra slipped up so that she was downwind from the female before her. Carefully she readied herself, body crouched low. Muscles tensed for her spring as she measured the poor creature that had been chosen as her opponent. Growling Terra pounced forward, aiming to cover the hybrid with as much water from the ocean as possible. With her own fur wet that wouldn't be too hard, her paws already set to push herself off from what was sure to be a very grumpy reaction.

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.terrra p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terrra p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
Adonia was certainly absorbed in her own mind as the wily coyote played around the water, however the creature wasn't totally out of her radar. If Adonia really took note of the coyote she didn't show it as she continued to think about everything that had been and everything that needed to be. Her ears twitched at the slight sound of nails against rock and the sound of half melted snow crunching down under paws. She could tell that another was near but she couldn't smell who or what it was as she hadn't yet spotted the mischievous coyote.

Adonia stood about to figure out who's steps she was hearing when the slightly younger canine came flying at her in her soaked glory. It was certainly a shock, but she wasn't angered as much as she was startled. Without thought Adonia let out and yelpish snap as she moved slightly back and quickly faced the perpetrator. For a moment she stared at the golden female wondering what her intentions were. Was she wanting to harm Adonia or was she just playing tricks? It didn't seem like she was wanting to hurt her, just make her wet. Luckily, Adonia's coat was really good at keeping water off of her undercoat, but still she could tell she was made wet.

Suddenly her slightly upset expression went away as a gleam of amusement came to her eyes and a smirk tugged at the left corner of her lips. "So...you think you're slick...well..I have to admit you taught me a lesson..." She remained standing keeping her guard up just in case she misjudged the slightly younger female. "My name is Adonia Demos...and you are?"
[html]
OOC

The playful female managed a touch down, coating the wolf with her damp body. Pushing back Terra laughed happily at the startled expression on the other one's face. Being damp in this weather wasn't exactly the most ideal situation after all. Terra pranced a short distance out of reach, watching the stranger cautiously. She didn't know the female after all, and as much amusement as Terra had gotten out of the reaction that didn't mean she wouldn't have to turn tail and run.

Her body relaxed as amusement gleamed in the female's eyes as well. Terra shook herself, taking as much of the salty water out of her fur as possible. She wouldn't be fully dry for quite some time, but it had been worth it for the fun she'd had. Terra nodded her head happily. Evera. Glad you liked your little bath. She winked playfully at the other, still mocking the surprise of the moment. Stretching Terra glanced at the ocean, deciding that a canine playmate was more fun than the daring of the ocean. What brings you out to a place that death still clings to? Terra knew why she was there, as she was pulled to such places where life hung in the balance. The reason for someone like Adonia was probably quite different.

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
hope you don't mind me popping in, but I couldn't resist <3

Ookami had been so lonely. He missed Adonia with all his heart. He had set out to find her, hoping that he would be able to. But alas, he had returned to these lands with nothing but an empty heart. He walked along everywhere, trying to pick up Adonia's scent. He went wherever the wind was. He made sure to always be in a position where he could smell another's scent.

And this day, when he finally smelled her, he couldn't believe it. Was he dreaming? No, definitely not! There was another scent mingled with her's. His heart beat so fast, he was so excited. It was really her. Adonia was here! A happy smile flooded onto his face as he quickly shifted into his Optime form.

As soon as he was done, he took off sprinting towards his mate's scent. Then she came into view. She was soaking wet, but she was still that beautiful woman whom he had come to love so dearly. His heart pounded in his chest so hard, he was sure that they would be able to hear it. There was another there, but Ookami didn't care. He stepped forward, closer towards them, unwilling to move too much, for fear that Adonia would just disappear. "Adonia.." He let his voice stay quiet, just being loud enough to travel to her ears. He stopped, standing there, staring at her. His golden eyes were focused on her, and only her. A smile spread across his face, relief and joy spread through him. And he waited for her to see him.
She was quite relieved to know that the other female was a 'friendly', Adonia wasn't a fighter, she was a lover but no one needed to know that. She was trained to know how to deal with confrontation, but to put that training to use was a totally different matter. The wolfdog hadn't ever had to defend herself yet, so perhaps she was a little more trusting that she should be...but that was for her to decide, not anyone else. She snickered at the words that the younger one said, "...Yeah as much as a cat.." Her eyes still gleamed with humor. "..Evera? That's quite a unique name...I like it..."

She began to show a little more calmness as she allowed herself to sit once more upon the cool earth beneath them. It had been so long since she had spoken to another canine, and she found it very enjoyable. "Well, I could ask you the same thing...I, myself, just wondered here...I used to be from Ichika, not too far from here, but I'm currently packless. I was going to return, but It had been so long that now I smell a new leader, and I really miss Phoenix Valley..that pack that Ichika used to be..It's never the same when a new leader takes over.." A hint of disappointment was laced within her words as she spoke of her former pack. "I was just taking a moment to reflect and make plans...I need to find a new pack...there are so many around here now...I smell a new one over to the west, I almost want to check it out...but I'm not sure if it's friendly.." She wasn't naive when it came to knowing that there are many packs that are not so friendly and who knew if that western pack was. Perhaps she did though...but before the other female could respond she added in something small, "...though I do know of a certain canine that I plan on returning a favor too...She had given me such a wonderful bath.."

The form that caught the corner of her eye was so startling, Adonia almost didn't believe what she saw. The figure looked so much like Ookami, but before she could brush it off, the scent hit her along with the voice, it was soft and he sounded just as unsure as she felt. Her ears perked with great intent as her heart felt like it was lodged in her throat making it hard to respond to his call. She stood up as silence fell over her. She was lost in complete shock, and before she realized it she had given Ookami her undivided attention. The wolfdog soon recovered her composure knowing it had to be rude of her to suddenly loose herself in front of a stranger, let alone a potential friend. Puttting her ears back she gave a soft puppy like expression of joy and timidness, now able to get her heart out of her throat, "..Ookami..." The words were heavy with love and as soft as the flap of butterfly wings. She felt embarrassed by her behavior in front of another, how she felt in this moment was so confusing. Adonia wanted to run up and be all over him, but she wanted to remain composed and calm..that calm was out the door the moment Ookami wondered onto the scene.

Coughing to clear her throat and perhaps make this less awkward she chose a middle route, "..sorry, Evera..this is Ookami..my...my mate?" She believed that to still be so, but time had gone by that how could they still be called that? I mean...they haven't even..well..you know...So were they truly mates? It seemed like they were dating more so than being an actually tied couple. " I was actually searching for him...that was why I was away from my pack so long...and apparently long enough for leaders to change.." Her eyes looked over lovingly and filled with joy as they looked into those handsome auburn eyes of his. She moved toward him and rubbed up against him, much like a cat would. Her head rubbing into his leg and drawing in his scent re-imprinting it into her mind. She hoped this wasn't too much public display of affection for the stranger, but she couldn't withstand the distance, she had to touch him. Had to take in his full scent. That rich male scent..
[html]
OOC herpderp? / +yo numbah!

Terra chuckled, tail wagging as her name was complimented. Thank you. Well, it wasn't really her name, but a member of her birth pack. That didn't matter though. Terra was here, and they weren't. Terra could take their names if she wished. Terra listened as Adonia spoke. I know Ichika. It's a wonderful place. Mentally she noted the leadership changes, making sure that she would tell one of her leaders when she got back to her pack. Hearing the plans of checking out the northern pack Terra's hackles stood. You don't want to go there. They're horrible creatures, hurting anyone who comes near. Well, really only those with coyote blood, but she still didn't like them, viewing them as monsters.

Terra bounced to her feet at the words of a return bath, tail wagging happily. Really? The scent of another canine brushed nearby, and Terra turned her head to spot a large golden male. She crouched down slightly, hearing the uncertainty. Curious she watched her companion for what would happen. The look on her face had Terra glancing back at the male, wondering what was there. Hearing that he was her mate cleared a lot of the confusion. Satisfied that there was an explanation for the odd situation Terra nodded her head. She watched Adonia walk over, rubbing all over Ookami. Thoroughly embarrassed to watch such a display she looked down. Guess you can return to your pack now then. Her words were a little mumbled, unused to seeing such things.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Ookami watched Adonia. He was completely mesmerized by her. He couldn't look away, and at that moment, he didn't care there was another there. It was only Adonia, it always had been. He stared into those beautiful, mis-matched eyes. His name in her mouth sent a single shiver through his body. But when she said mate, it was questioning. Ookami blinked once, but he honestly couldn't blame her. They hadn't seen eachother in so long..

He looked at the other female then, when Adonia introduced them. "Hello." The eye contact he made with her was brief, before his eyes went flitting back to his love. He couldn't help but let out a dry laugh, "That's funny.. I was doing the same thing." He winked at her playfully. She came closer and rubbed her head against his leg. He smiled, his pearly teeth gleaming. Quickly, he shifted into his Lupas form. Then he nuzzled her gently, pushing his forehead gently into her neck. He smiled at her and licked her cheek. He was so happy to be here with her. There weren't enough words to explain how happy he was.

Then reality flashed back to him when he heard "Evera's" voice. "Sorry Evera.. It is nice to meet you." He moved so his body was pressed against Adonia's. Then looking at her he cocked his head, "Do you want to go back to Ichika?" The words slipped out of his mouth, but quickly he shook his head. "Never mind.. We can talk about it later." He smiled apologetically at Evera. "So.. How are you?"
Adonia, being very empathetic to others noticed how uncomfortable she was with the display of affection between her and Ookami. She dipped her head down in a mixture of embarrassment and bashfulness. Adonia pushed down the urge to get all over Ookami, so much so that she could feel just how strong the urge was becoming the more she remained so close to him. It didn't help that he decided to change forms, granted his lupus form was larger than hers, but he was a large wolf, and after all, most of Adonia's size was mainly of her Husky heritage. Despite it all ,she would continue to push down urges to play and nibble and caress and lick all over Ookami. There would, hopefully, be a time and place for that later. Right now she wanted to, hopefully, make a friend out of this wily coyote. Her mixed blue eyes (with their flecks of brown) looked back over to 'Evera', ears perking at her statement. "..well..no-" Then Ookami chimed in with his question...only to shoo her answer away with a 'we can talk later'. Her ears went back and her brows lifted.

Obviously, he wasn't quite here. Perhaps his mind was lost on the fact he found her...or maybe there was something she said. Adonia wasn't sure but she knew that Evera had the answers she needed. Adonia did want to find a pack, however, the need wasn't as great now that she had Ookami at her side. Her eyes looked over the coyote female. She knew coyote's weren't nearly as pack oriented as wolves..but still, they did sometimes have packs, and by looking her over and the scent of hers she could tell she was in a pack. Once Evera answered Ookami's question, Adonia spoke, "..So, you know quite a bit about the packs that are around the area...what..what about your pack? What's your pack like?" Adonia just wanted to get to know all the packs. Really she had fallen into Phoenix Valley...and then fell into the pack it became. This time she wanted to find a pack she could officially call home, one that wouldn't change so much, and one that she could hopefully grow old in. She knew packs changed..but she didn't want to have to try adapt to the new names and rituals.

"..I do want to find a better pack that fits me...it seems there are a lot of packs around, but I don't want to run into the wrong pack..it would be nice to find someone that is neutral that can at least give me an idea of which are safe to approach and which are not." She added in after a minute passed by them.
[html]
OOC you had to pikc the one subject she knows a ton about and will share

It seemed Ookami loved Adonia as much as she loved him. Terra immediately felt horribly jealous, wishing she had someone that loved her as much as that. Sure, it would be a waste to lavish so much attention on someone who had such a wandering soul, but she still longed for someone who would stay close to her, love her so deeply they would be willing to search for her. The clumsy way Ookami was brought back to himself was funny. Quite well. At Adonia's words, however, her sharp attention fell completely on the female.

Her smile was feral as she reflected on the knowledge they wished for. There were so many answers she could give. Choosing to start with the dangerous Terra opened her mouth. Inferni, Salsola, and New Dawn are all dangerous packs to approach. They are highly dangerous and will attack canines that come along the borders. New Dawn is even more violent than the other two, wanting to keep a wide neutral band between their border and strangers. Inferni doesn't care for those without coyote blood, despite discarding their heritage. Salsola is just very protective, though has no problem committing murder. Terra reflected over what she said, making sure the information was accurate. Nodding her head she moved on to the more friendly packs.

Of course, you already know about Ichika. Her eyes sparked with amusement, remembering the welcoming friendly nature of the pack. She wondered if that had changed with new leadership. She'd have to check that out. The packs in the south are a lot more welcoming. Cercatori d'Arte is an amazing pack, very talented in making things. Their borders are currently open if you wish to walk through the lands and see for yourself. Crimson dreams is very peaceful, a nice restful quiet place with strong family bonds. Aniwaya I don't know much about, other than they've recently recovered from an inner turmoil. Terra paused, letting all the information sink in. Now for the last pack, her pack.

Her tail beat against the ground happily as she thought about home. Her body swelled with pride, forgetting her false identity. My pack, Cour des Miracles, is special. It accepts all kinds of canines, from all walks of life. There is no judgement, no matter how bad your past life is. We take you in, help you. We are a merry bunch, with love for games and celebrations. Our leader is a fierce warrior, our beta a warm hearted tailor. Both are approachable, and you can play and relax with them the same as if they were anyone else. You can be a thief, a juggler, a singer, a warrior, whatever you wish. My pack is where you can belong, no matter what you seek.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
When Ookami dismissed his question to Adonia, he saw the way she reacted and he frowned slightly. He nuzzled her gently, a warm smile on his face, letting her know that he wasn't upset or anything. Then his eyes moved back to "Evera" to listen to the description of the packs. She spoke of the dangerous ones and he nodded his head, he knew about Infernia and a little of Salsosa, but New Dawn he had never really heard of before. But he didn't understand why any pack would attack someone who was at their borders. It just didn't make any sense to him. How would they expect to get new members if they were so hostile at the borders.

As she went on to speak, Ookami perked his ears up, listening to her intently. She seemed to think very highly of her own pack, but anyone would really do that if they liked the pack they were in. They would boast about it until there is no tomorrow. But her comments could be a little one-sided, he didn't really know for sure. Either she was exaggerating, or her statements were completely true. He looked at Adonia, seeing if she had anything to say about those descriptions.

ooc- short /:
She took everything in that the coyote said, something she wondered though as she knew was quite common to happen between wolves and coyote's. She waited though letting the female finish talking about other packs, the friendly ones. A smile spread upon her muzzle as the girl spoke of her own pack, it sounded exciting to know a pack that was so friendly and open. Adonia's tail wagged wanting to meet this pack, but she still wanted to know more about the two pack's she hadn't heard of, New Dawn, and Salsola. "...I know Inferni is coyote friendly...or so I thought...but why would they be unfriendly to a coyote such as yourself?" Her ears perked curious of why Inferni wouldn't be friendly toward another coyote. " I know some wolves aren't so friendly of coyote's so, are both Salsola and New Dawn not friendly toward 'yotes?" She usually never used the slang for coyotes, but was feeling a little lazy with her speach. She typically didn't talk as much as she had already.

She was curious if that was her reason for calling Salsola and New Dawn unfriendly, but even if that were the case Adonia didn't want to be part of a pack that was prejudice and not understanding. Phoenix Valley had always been open-minded and friendly, even after its change it had remained so, but now she wasn't sure if Ichika was the same and she didn't feel like making the effort to find out either. It was too emotionally draining to her; trying to make friends and adjust to new leadership. Why had the pack changed over so much? Her ears went back as she thought, and spoke outwardly of how she felt, "...I just wish Nayru and Razekiel were still leaders of Ichika...I wonder what had happened to them?" Really, she never cared for Nayru or Razekiel. Razekiel was amusing though, when she had seen him. Adonia hadn't been social enough to have built a bond with the leaders of Ichika, but still, why the sudden change? What had happened?
[html]
OOC herpderp? / +yo numbah!

Terra knew exactly why Inferni was cold towards her, and it wasn't a reason she'd be telling any stranger. There was more to it than just that though. The pack was extremely territorial, and didn't like wolves. Those could be reasons for them not liking Terra. Well, the territorial part at least. Their borders are decorated with skulls, a clear warning on their stance. They do welcome coyotes and hybrids, but I'm already affiliated with another pack, and they're extremely territorial. Terra's ears flattened as Adonia questioned about New Dawn, trying to keep her pain and confusion clear of her words.

New Dawn hates all with coyote blood, but they are extremely territorial like I said. Salsola isn't against coyotes, but it is extremely secretive. They fight to protect that. She hoped that was clear enough for the curious wolf, as just thinking about another wolf she'd gotten along with betraying her sent a knife stabbing through her heart. Her eyes betrayed what she was thinking, turning to show a darker side, a part that could hurt others without feeling. She would protect herself, even if it meant becoming a monster. Her eyes returned to their normal soft green at the question. Leaders come and go. It's just how things are. A pack with a stable leader is lucky.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]