A long way from Home
[html]
That which yields is not always weak.
Euphemia Deianeira Ouriel

Word Count → 000 :: Joining the Pack

Cold. That was the first thing, that Euphemia and her aunt Pera struggled with as they left the boat, and struggled to get directions. The path and scents asulted the pup's nose, unfamilar wolves, and even more unfamilar smells wafted on the breeze as they left the small town behind the them. The waggon bounced and rattled, and Euphemia poked her head out to sniff the air.

"It's different!" she managed to say as the rattling and motion of the wagon knockedh er teeth together. Pera chuckled. "Is it, Euphemia. But your mother has sent you to see the world in all its forms. And when we lrft Free town, I told you---" Euphemia's voice chimed in a childishly mimic of the older she-wolf's " You need to be on your best behavior." Euphemia tried to keep from rolling her eyes at the statement. The ride over by boat had exposed her to many things, and six months of age, even Pera could see the beginning of a more adult physique.

When this girl shifts, Pera thought wryly. Lailah, please watch over your daughter. As they left the small town of Hailfax behind them, Pera checked her bag. The letter was still sealed, she turned it over, this way and that carefully stowing it away. This letter, and the content in a small hide pouch where all the child would have of her mother. Assuming her Secui form, Pera lead her sister's child towards the boundaries, of the pack. The Court de Miracles, the scents shifted and moved and every so often Euphemia would get a little distracted. The travel took two days, mostly to allow the pup to get used to this style of travel.

The border of the territory. Pera placed a single forepaw on the girl's tail. "STAY." she barked. For a moment Euphemia looked as if she'd been smacked. Her aunt never took that tone of voice with her. Never. Euphemia nodded. Pera howled, a long single note, hoping silently that they would hear it. "Auntie, you said... my best behavior." Euphemia twitched as she realized her aunt's paw was firmly planted on her tail The lupus-formed pup tried to hide the whimper. "Yes, Euphemia. You must be this is life or death. Remember how I killed that rabbit, its like that. You will live or die,by your actions." Pera was silent. Who would show up? She needed to hand this letter directly to Ayita to no one else, but how to keep that out of the conversation. This pack meant safety and life for this child. Her sister's get. Pera growled at the thought. Her sister had been able to bear this whelp, while she herself remained childless-out of duty to her young sister.

<style type="text/css">
.sunseuph b {font-weight:bold; color:#fcb182; letter-spacing:1px;}
.sunseuph b.npc {color:#f2e380; font-weight:normal;}
.sunseuph p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.sunseuph p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sunseuph .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#95e37f;}
.sunseuph .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Handlee'; text-align:right; color:#0f022e; margin:100px 30px 0px 0px; line-height:40px;}
.sunseuph .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Handlee'; color:#fffbf8; padding:50px 0px 0px 30px;}
.sunseuph p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.sunseuph .text {font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9e92b8; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; padding:150px 0px 4px 0px; }
.sunseuph {width:95%; margin:0px auto; max-width:700px; background-color:#0f022e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/9fnHR.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:30px;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
I ask for glory to shine on my name

Word Count → 756 :: Out of Character text

Ayita

The aging Catori woman knew not what it meant to sit still recently. She packed Hati up in a sense and toted him along with her. She had nothing better to do on this day and so she would roam. Though things here were very different she had been on pins and needles after not hearing from her great aunt. Though she wondered how she had found out where to send the bird. She shrugged distant family had no true hold to it but it was good to know that the line had spread so far.

Mama what we do today?" Hati asked looking at her. Ayita smiled. "I will teach you to Patrol the borders it will be a good lesson for you. Today she stood in Optime form though she felt no urge to be wild like the last week or so. After all now her children were all clean and she seemed to have settled back into her work

Hati stopped as Ayita's ears twitched. A new comer? Hmm how odd. She had not thought that any one would be at the borders. It seemed like it had been so long since she had seen anyone knew other then puppies. Looking at Hati she gave a nod. "Come along lets get there She said picking up the pace. But mama I thought you couldn't accept people He said running after her she was long legged in optime form and almost faster then the boy.

Your right I can't but I can be polite till your father or someone else gets there. She spoke looking at him. She had to admit she could move faster if she were in Lupus but she didn't want to stop to shift. Moving through the trees the woman stopped and looked at the pair on the border. Hati smiled it was another puppy and its mother? He looked at his mom Ayita smiled ad ushered him on. moving closer she smiled. Bonjour, welcome to the Court. Ayita said as she looked at them. I am Ayita Catori and this is my Son Hati Catori are you two looking for a home? She asked.

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Qwigley);
.heraldictxt-2 {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; background: url('') no-repeat top center; width:480px; margin:10px auto; padding:70px 10px 10px 10px; }
.heraldictxt-title {font-family: 'Qwigley', cursive; font-size:60px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px; color:#FF6600;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.mara {font-style:italic; font-family: 'Qwigley', cursive; font-size:60px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.mama {font-style:italic; font-family: 'Qwigley', cursive; font-size:60px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt-2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 b {letter-spacing:.05em; color:#02294d;}
.heraldictxt-2 i {letter-spacing:.05em; color:#02294d;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 368 ::

The approaching pair so like their own, made Euphemia yppped and Pera buffedeted the pup. "Behave." Pera allowed herself a few moments to relax. AYITA! The world exploded from Pera's mouth with a near whimper. Thank the stars. You heard..." the woman looked relived as much as anyone in lupus form could, she flopped over on her back, rolling for a moment, and then wiggled out of the bag slung over her shoulder. She shifted to Optime, Do you remember my sister, Lailah... well umm here." She handed the woman the sealed letter, her hands were shaking.

Euphemia seemed lost as the paw holding her down removed as her aunt changed her shape. Though she didn't stray across that powerful scent barrier, it didn't stop her from greeting the other pup with an wild enthusiasm. Hi! I am Euphemia! You can call me Euphie! She steaded herself inching closer but not to the point of barrier breaking. She kept her body low to the ground, making herself as small as possible.

Pera breathed slowly. "It is not a home for myself, Ayita. Its for the girl." she pointed a slender hand to the pup who she shot a warning looked at. Euphemia slun backwards towards her aunt. "I am sorry." the small cub whispered. Pera stood a little taller, blancing a bit un easily as she waited. She gaves other she-wolf a lookthat was meant for adults only. "Laliah, asked me to give this to you. It will explain everything. Its not for myself that I seek refluge. She is." Euphemia turned around at the mention of 'she'. "Who?" the silver-gray cumb asked. Placing a finger to her lips, Pera spoke "None of your concern cub." Euphemia's ears fell to the sides of her head, at the admonishment. As she stared at the sealed envelope Pera's eyes misted. "I have done my duty to Laliah." Pera's voice was formal.

<style type="text/css">
.sunseuph .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Handlee'; text-align:right; color:#0f022e; margin:100px 30px 0px 0px; line-height:40px;}
.sunseuph .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Handlee'; color:#fffbf8; padding:50px 0px 0px 30px;}
.sunseuph .text {font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9e92b8; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; padding:150px 0px 4px 0px; }
.sunseuph {width:95%; margin:0px auto; max-width:700px; background-color:#0f022e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/9fnHR.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:30px;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Ayita

Ayita was astonished to hear her name called out with such jubilation. She was now vastly confused staring at the child and then the woman. What on gods green earth was going on. The woman seemed to know her but Ayita had no idea in honesty who she was. Though she seemed very excited to see her.

Hati smiled and yipped as the girl came up to him. "You need home the court make a good home" The young prince spoke. He wanted to play and have a good time both children seemed to be close in age or the same age though the girl seemed a little more lean Ayita wondered if that was from the journey here.

Lailah.... oh yes my great aunt wait so that makes... She looked at the child. She was somewhere along the line a catori or Fizroy. The woman looked at the girl she seemed as though she fit the bill. The child had the colors and the sure footness of the line.

Why me she sent no word. What happened? she asked as she took the sealed letter. She wondered what had gone on. The Catori matriarch held a letter from one of the last relatives she knew of. She sent you here with her child but why tot her all the way to me? She asked. She was so confused. The child may be of her line but she was in reality a complete stranger to this woman and her family.

<style>
.heraldictxt-2 {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; background: url('') no-repeat top center; width:480px; margin:10px auto; padding:70px 10px 10px 10px; }
.heraldictxt-title {font-family: 'Qwigley', cursive; font-size:60px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px; color:#FF6600;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.mara {font-style:italic; font-family: 'Qwigley', cursive; font-size:60px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.mama {font-style:italic; font-family: 'Qwigley', cursive; font-size:60px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 000 ::

Pera frowned. "The pack... folded like a tree in winter with too much snow. Branches snapped." The older she wolf illustrated with thin air. "Cub-kkilling. New bloodlines. Lalilah always had that Sight. She saw it when were cubs. Pera gestured to Euphemia. "Runt of her litter, the only one to survive, what ever somewhat slipped Lailah to kill her brood, missed her. There was a distinctive dislike in the way Pera spoke of her neice-cub.

Euphemiah smiled at the young prince all a glow with curiousity. The language wasn't exactly the same. But she understood, it the three month trip had forced her to pick up smatterings of languages. But here it was facing her- the language of her mother's family- or at least the one part of it. And she could speak it, roughly but she apparently had made herself understandable. I need home? She seemed genuinely confused. For little time, yes? Auntie says we leave.. sometime." Euphemia struggled to approximate the times. But she realized her Aunt had given her -none-.

Pera glanced down at the pup's conversation and spoke firmly to the other adult. "As I said the pack was being consumed by a fire. A fast fire. The she-wolf struggled to keep her tongue understandable. Her sister had saddled her with the pup, and now trying to explain it, she realized that euphemistic terms-mostly to keep it out of the minds of girl-pup made her sound insane. "She said, it was perhaps the only thing she could do. The farther, she was from the problems. The better." Pera frowned. She hated the fact her sister had seen and heard, things beyond her ken. The very fact that this insane mission had been given to her by a woman in a dream-daze worried her more. "She cannot return. Must not. You must raise her, give her life, her mother cannot." Pera sadly said.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Ayita

Ayita listened as she looked at the woman. This was terrible she just wanted to pick up the child and cuddle her. She looked at Hati and thought about it but she didn't even need to think about it. I'll take her. i'll raise her as my own. She will miss her home and you though are you sure you will not stay? Ayita asked looking at the woman. She looked back to the Child.

She looked at the woman waiting for something and then she looked at her son. "Fine take your leave i will deal with the rest and care for her. She spoke as She looked at the child she bent down. "Hello there" she said as she looked at her. She wondered if the girl would be upset by her aunt leaving her hear with wolves she didn't know.

"I'm Ayita i'm a family member of yours. Your Aunt has asked me to watch you for a while. she said speaking to her. She hoped that the child would not be to upset. My Mate is the king and my children are fun to play with. You've met Hati i have another son Names Skoll and a daughter by the name of Charlotte." She said as she looked at the girl.

Mama is she coming home?" Hati asked looking at her. Ayita smiled and nodded as she tilted her head back and let out a call calling for her mate or strel to come and allow her to take the girl home. Her melody rang far and wide and held such a tune that allowed her to have a different flare.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Hello c:

He threw himself into doing his patrols, choosing the silence of the woods and the world over the silence of his rooms and the emptiness he found here. It was no longer a comfort to live in the Hotel, and he had half a mind to change rooms to a place that did not still have his scent lingering there. Strel knew it was folly and that soon enough the smell would go away. Perhaps he ought to take up flower cultivation, he thought, fairly bitterly. If there was one thing he did not see himself doing, it was that.

The Dauphin heard the call of a woman he was very familiar with. Putting on a weary smile, the man approached the source of the sound. It was Ayita, one of the woman who had bothered to actually visit him for his trade. He had outfitted her daughter now and then too. He adjusted his collar, making it looser around the neck. The gaudy necklace he wore poked out between tendrils of pelt and cloth. His garments today were plain; simple cargo pants and a red shirt that clashed with his flaming hair.

Calm lavender eyes betrayed none of the inner turmoil as he approached the group. Two young and two older. Strel gave a quick look at the two youths and turned to Ayita. Her son was not unknown to him, but the two strangers were indeed unknown. "Greetings," he began, his voice finding an unintentional edge. Everything about him had an edge lately. "What can I do for you?" His hands were stuck into his tan pants, and his characteristic bangle was absent. He had left it at home, choosing to keep things simple. At least he didn't have to look at the necklace, which was why it remained on him. None of these things had anything to do with him, but it still seemed to happy for him to sport such things now.

<style>
.starsky .ooc {text-align:center; padding:55px 20px 5px 20px;color:#786762; }
.starsky p {padding:3px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:20px;}
.starsky b {color:#786762; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#3a1504 0em .1em 0em; }
.starsky .line1 {width:150px; border-bottom:1px solid #4e4e4e; margin:0 auto 3px auto; padding:5px 0px 0px 0px;}
.starsky {background-color:#000000; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/XPcjE.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/Souo1.jpg); background-position:bottom center, top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4e4e4e; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:13px; color:#4e4e4e; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.starsky-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.starsky .inner {margin:0px 15px 70px 15px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mfqyi.png); border:1px solid #4e4e4e; border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 000 ::

The very fact of her aunt nudging her Left Euphemia momentarily frozen. "Taking me? Bu... shel ooked back to the older she-wolf her aunt Pera who nodded. "As I said your best behavior. Your mother has sent you here to learn. Ayita will teach you." Pera's voice was firm and almost robotic. The woman had long since stopped trying to be as warm and friendly on the journey over. Carrying for hte pup had taken its toll, and the Old she-wolf moved away. Leaving Euphemia with the stranger and the pup.

Euphemia danced nervously. She'd caught bits of the exchange between the two adults and was now-aware that something was wrong. Looking back to the retreating form of her Aunt, Euphemia stood completely still. Her aunt was living her. The one female prescence that for the past three months of her life was her security was leaving. Whimper and whining the silver-gey pup aced back and forth nervously. Names rolled past Euphemia's ears. She couldn't quiet understand why they were taking her.

As fear and terror swept over her, and the whimpering increased the small puppy could do nothing more than pee on the ground at the sheer thought of being left alone with strangers. Family? This wolf was family? The resassurance did little to comfort her, and paced again left and right. "You have others, why take me?" she asked in an almost venoumous tone. As the unfamilar scent wafted towards her, the small pupp raised her hackles. As Strel spoke, she lowered herself to the ground, trying to be on her best behavior.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Parishioners; I ask for wealth. I ask for fame.
I ask for glory to shine on my name. I ask for love I can posses.
I ask for God and His angels to bless me.

Ayita looked at the child as her aunt walked away. She could sense that things would fall apart from here. But the thing was she had a duty to her great aunt. She had a duty to this child now as well. She looked at the sealed letter and sighed. She could hear her voice echo in the air she knew soon someone else would be there.

Hati looked at her she seemed so scared and he didn't even understand what was going on. We want you He said looking at her. He wasn't sure why she was so scared Strel was a nice man. He moved closer to her and smiled. "You safe with us we like you He spoke again trying to be nice to the girl.

Ayita looked at the girl. You are family and no matter how many children I have I'd always want to have you here as well. She turned to Strel her crystal blue eyes shimmered. Strelein this child has traveled far to come to me. Her Aunt was sent with her to bring her to live safely with me. Ayita spoke looking at him. I called to seek approval to bring her home. I could never turn a child away. She spoke even though she knew deep down to poor thing would suffer through this.

Esmeralda; I ask for nothing, I can get by.
But I know so many less lucky than I.
Please help my people; the poor and downtrod.
I thought we all were the children of God.
God help the outcasts. Children of God.
[/html]

Welcome to Cour des Miracles!

We are a pack of the strangest people united under a king. Explore our website for information on the pack and the rank system, so that you are better familiar with it. Now that you've join CDM, you are free to post in the pack's territory. Make sure that you post, in character, within five days!

Please visit our information portal thread to add your character to our member directory.

Need help getting started?

Check out the open threads list to see if there is anyone who would like someone to join them. You may also start your own open thread, welcome to anyone in the pack. If that isn't your cup of tea, start a thread request or check out their posts to plot with other members!

Still unsure of what to do with those threads? Check out our co-rank list to see if your character qualifies for any of the odd jobs we offer. If not, then we recommend you visit some sites for idea such as TV Tropes, among other websites. If you find yourself wanting to improve on your writing, or are still having trouble finding good things to write about, or trouble with character development, feel free to visit the mentor's forum for assistance.

[html]
-
sorry for my delay, been rather busy. I've accepted you but feel free to continue the thread.

The man smiled absently at the woman before glancing at the child before him. He could easily forgive her harsh outburst. Any child would lash out in fear of being abandoned by a close family member to someone unknown. He felt pity for the young girl, but knew that she would be better off with Ayita and her family. They were certainly a happy bunch, and Ayita had had her share of kids to raise. What was one more mouth to them? The pack was not poorly off and it would happily take someone if they needed a home. This pup was no criminal and needed the home more than anyone.

"Of course, Ayita. She may stay, though I'd be careful to watch her in case she wants to run off," he joked lightly, voice still strangely stern and edged as it had been before. He pulled out a hand from a pocket and waved it to the court, now looking at the pup. "You are welcome here young one. I'm sure you're afraid but most of us don't bite too hard." He pocketed his hand again and nodded to Ayita, knowing she would take charge of the child. Strel turned and began to head back to his patrol path, eager to return to his solitude.

<style>
.starsky .ooc {text-align:center; padding:55px 20px 5px 20px;color:#786762; }
.starsky p {padding:3px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:20px;}
.starsky b {color:#786762; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#3a1504 0em .1em 0em; }
.starsky .line1 {width:150px; border-bottom:1px solid #4e4e4e; margin:0 auto 3px auto; padding:5px 0px 0px 0px;}
.starsky {background-color:#000000; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/XPcjE.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/Souo1.jpg); background-position:bottom center, top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4e4e4e; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:13px; color:#4e4e4e; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.starsky-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.starsky .inner {margin:0px 15px 70px 15px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mfqyi.png); border:1px solid #4e4e4e; border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]