stinging sweetness
[html]
It's chemical the way we love. The way we hate it's quite inhuman
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Syncopate);</style>Caprica D'Angelo
Word Count :: 000

Still too early for blossom, the apple trees were still unmistakeable. Caprica strolled beneath their low branches, on grass that was beginning to lose winter's pallor already. Perhaps it was just that the sun had chosen today to shine as strongly as she'd seen it all winter: although low in the sky, its gentle warmth was still pleasant. After the intensity of her recent few weeks in Anathema and at the chaotic winter festival, it was good to spend a few snatched moments in this peaceful place. Her heart and mind felt almost perfectly at rest, especially so since she'd visited her father. Whatever he did or said, Ehno always somehow managed to be a reassuring presence. It was almost uncanny.

But for all she welcomed the respite of the Dreams land, Caprica doubted she could ever find a home here. The more time passed, the more she seemed to become kin to the Anathema shadows. Even now, if she took an objective look at herself amongst the picturesque snow-frosted trees under the gentle-golden sunlight, she was a strange figure, one seemingly totally unsuited to the quaint and idyllic scenery. The glittering crystals around her neck and on her fingers and wrists, the dark-lined and sequinned blue cloak, a purple scarf, and a thick leather tool belt worn over her newest handmade garment: a black skirt made of strips of velvet from Halifax, connected with leather loops, a dangling, shifting, raggedy and gothic looking creation, falling in parts to almost her ankles, the whole of which jingled a little where she'd added chains and buckles. All she needed was a pair six-inch-platform shoes. Except that she was really tall enough as it was.

She didn't care how out of place she appeared, though. It was enough merely to walk, to soak in the serenity of her surroundings. Until something up ahead broke into her mind's meandering: a structure of some kind, resembling a very short, squarish, squat house. Caprica turned her paws in its direction, slowing a little as she did, sensing a more frequent Dreamer's presence in this area.

Image courtesy of fabiogis50

<style>
.GR2_Caprica p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Caprica b {font-family:verdana; color:#cdcbbe; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Caprica {background-color:#160a21; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#413b48; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4205/atable13.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:280px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #665d68; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Caprica .name {text-align:center; font-family:Syncopate; font-size:40px; text-shadow:#121a21 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_Caprica .lyrics {color:#6e6065; text-align:center; font-family:Syncopate; font-size:10px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_Caprica .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#6e6065; font-size:9px; border-top:2px dotted #635d61;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
500+[html]
So sorry for the wait Red :x and my Cyp posts are not usually so long, so please don’t feel the need to match length
Since I forgot to mention it in my post, I was just kinda thinking that Cyp would have investigated the bee hive once he’d finished cleaning up and got curious. I had intended for him to get that far already, but I got off on a ramble xD

Anu had already begun tending to the orchard tree in preparation for the coming spring. Pruning away the unwanted limbs before had started to bud with new growth. It was a skill Cypress had yet to acquire and had the task been given to him he wouldn't even known to begin in choosing which limbs to cull. Perhaps by next season he would be able to help with the actual pruning, but for now he helped his mother by gathering up the stray limbs that littered the ground. Most of what he gathered had been scattered by the elements and liked the smooth cut that was evident in those claimed by the pruning sheers since most of what the praetor had cut previously had already been gathered, it was simply the stragglers that Cypress had been after. He was still to lame to effectively hunt and with few other skills he had simply been looking for something to fill his day that could give him some sense of accomplishment.

He had been apprehensive about taking to his two legged form, even more so than usual for it had never been his favorite of forms. He feared that his shoulder would protest against the change, which it had, but hands were vital to the task he had given himself for the day. The muscle and skin had both ached and pulled during the shift in forms and had slowed the process considerably. There had been some mild pain and discomfort, but nothing that was unbearable for the tree prince and even though his shifts were seldom he was glad to have that hurdle behind him.

When he had first arrived at the orchard it hadn’t appeared that it would take long to gather up the few limbs that he could see littering the ground. It wasn’t until he had gotten started that he realized how many other limbs laid unseen in the winter wilted grass. Arm load after arm load was deposited into the brush pile he had started. The thin dry would make a nice little fire and with that intent in mind he had been sure to keep the pile a safe distance from the apple trees themselves.

On a return trip from dropping off an arm load of sticks and twigs a glimmer of light caught the unclothed wolf’s eye, drawing the focus of his water hued eyes towards what appeared at first as little more than shadow moving through the orchard. There was another sparkle as sun’s light caught one of the gems just right as she moved. A dark hued hand reached out and grabbed hold of low hanging limb as he watch for a moment, quite unaware that he was staring. As the she-wolf neared more and more details of the attire she wore became visible to the Dream. The uniqueness of her appearance held him transfixed. Most of the Dreamers were rather simplistic in there clothing, those that chose to wear garments.

She did not, however, wear the scent of the Dreamers. Yet there was something familiar about her smell. Well a couple things really. The scent of her pack was the same as another trespasser that Cypress had run off, but there was something more. Something far more familiar. He started to speak, but found the need to clear his throat before calling out to her. ”Hello.” He called out rather lamely. An unsure smile pulled at his lips as he tried to be friendly. Fingers brushed back his long, straight mane back from his face. He struggled a moment to think of anything more to say. For all the good it did him, for ”What are you doing here?” was all he managed to blurt out.

<style type="text/css">
.cypmarc1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ac9b72; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;}
.cypmarc1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.cypmarc1 {margin:0 auto; width:90%; max-width:700px;background-color:#5d3a06; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZcaKf.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #191102; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#191102; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
It's chemical the way we love. The way we hate it's quite inhuman
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Syncopate);</style>Caprica D'Angelo
Word Count :: 000

Surrounded by the lingering traces of the pack's scent, she was fazed by the confusing layers into not seeing the waiting wolf until he spoke, when her eyes flew wide open and she span to face him, before relaxing again into a manner so at ease that it would have been hard to believe she could have reacted with such surprise to an approach she must have known was coming. Caprica rarely let her deepest anxiety show, but it was never far away. She felt her heart slow almost to a stop as she gazed at the wolf, casually situated with one hand resting on a branch. There was something about his stance that suggested strength, as if he and the tree were kin in the same way she belonged to the shadowy caverns. And perhaps, ironically, also injury, maybe a tender shoulder - but she saw then that fresh scars danced across his pelt, so indeed he had been hurt. As her eyes roamed the torn and ripped torso and lifted to cerulean eyes, she found herself half-expecting the pupils to be hazy and gone like Alaki's, for this male's left eye was also crossed where some giant blade or claw had found a mark. But his gaze was steady and keen, the eye full of awareness. Caprica was unabashed by being caught in staring, for she did not consider herself as a lower rank because she was an outsider - she was family to this pack, at least for the moment. "Well hey," she spoke with deep, lazy tones, one eyebrow lifting faintly at his blunt what are you doing here, but remaining unflustered. "I hardly know that, myself…" was her drifting answer. "I'm not a new recruit, and I'm not an enemy… just a simple visitor I guess. I'm staying with my daddy for a few days." She gave him a smile lacking conviction, wondering if the handsome male would take offence to her presence. If she got into a fight now, she'd likely be barred from coming back: the option of peaceful retreat closed off to her. No, she didn't want to cause offence and she kept the smile pinned to her face. "I'm Caprica, one of Ehno's daughters," she added in case he didn't know the Marino well. "What are you called, Dreamer?" She had eyes only for him, as yet unaware of the bonfire in progress, or the honey-boxes that stood here and there in the trees.

Image courtesy of fabiogis50

<style>
.GR2_Caprica p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Caprica b {font-family:verdana; color:#cdcbbe; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Caprica {background-color:#160a21; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#413b48; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4205/atable13.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:280px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #665d68; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Caprica .name {text-align:center; font-family:Syncopate; font-size:40px; text-shadow:#121a21 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_Caprica .lyrics {color:#6e6065; text-align:center; font-family:Syncopate; font-size:10px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_Caprica .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#6e6065; font-size:9px; border-top:2px dotted #635d61;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

Her glittering cloak shimmered like the pristine face of the lake in the sun light as she spun to face him. Dark feet shifted under him in a small show of his unease as he felt her eyes looking over him and traced the sharp lines of his scars. His
own eyes fell away from a brief moment, casting downward as the self-consciousness he felt for the form he currently held began to creep up on him and he gave a hard swallow; his mouth suddenly feeling rather dry as she returned his simple greeting. She was
an exotic creature, the likes of which he had never before seen. His eyes taking in all the little details of every glittering gem and trinket this time as cerulean eyes worked their way over her curves, starting from the hem of her skirt where his eyes had
fallen to.

A slight ridge of confusion formed on his brow as she started to answer his question but faded to a small smile as she finally stated that she was simply visiting, even though it was until she stated the fact that he was aware just
who's daughter she might be. Though it explained the familiarity he had sensed in her scent. "Ah, yes. I can see the family resemblance now." His smile broadening a bit. She did look an awful lot like Savina. In coloration, if nothing
more. "Are you on your way to the manor then?" His confidence beginning to bloom.  "I can walk with you.. I mean, if you'd like." Before once again faltering. "I was just finishing up here so it wouldn't be a bother. I was just going to check
out some of these..,"
he said as he motioned a hand at the small wood structure a few feet away, "um whatever they are, but that can wait." After all, he hadn't really been able to determine what they were yet, the few of them that were scattered
around the orchard, and perhaps they were nothing but it seemed as if they had been place with some sort of purpose in mind. If it was something to help with Mother's beloved orchards than it was worth looking into.

<style type="text/css">
.cypmarc1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ac9b72; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;}
.cypmarc1 {margin:0 auto; width:90%; max-width:700px;background-color:#5d3a06; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZcaKf.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #191102; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#191102; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
So he knew her family, yet she knew nothing of his - not even his name. This seemed unfair to the Anatheman. Was she not meant to be a creature of darkness and the underground, drenched in mystery? But in truth Caprica was never tight-lipped enough to be mysterious for long. She held little back and feared the opinion of none.

But every detail was being withdrawn from her now, by the azure-eyed Dreamer that faced her. Until now, she'd never met another member of this pack. It had been a place of childhood memories, and her father. Now she saw there was depth here, realised that of course, these lands must contain characters of all kinds as all packs do, despite its peaceful and quiet atmosphere. Caprica wanted to explore its depths, so different to Anathema, and the more the mysterious man held back from her, the more she wanted to know. She let her eyes linger at half-mast, shoulder level, chest level, as she advanced a little, so that the movement would not appear threatening. Quite the opposite: her dark lashes slowly lifted, from where they had sheltered her irises for a moment, giving them freedom to roam unnoticed. Not threatening, but enticing. "Not easy to see at first, I know," she murmured. If there was much of Ehno in her, it was perhaps her smile or some other small details. Caprica was a throwback to a D'Angelo grandsire, for the most part, and had been told so many times. "I don't believe I know your family, though. I think I'd remember if I'd seen any … resemblance … before." She laced her words with the merest admiration. "Who are they? Who are you?" she prompted once more, brushing aside his talk of heading back to the manor. Caprica liked it here: amongst the patient trees, away from the rest of the world. She wanted to look inside the tiny square boxes. But that curiosity would have to wait to be satisfied, for something far more fascinating had yet to reveal his secrets - or even his simplest facts.
300+[html]

Though he stood in the shade Cypress' face felt as if the sun was beating down on it as the dark beauty took a few easy steps forwards. Her every movement shifted the way the light draped over her form and reflected from her gems and metallic
elements of her garb. His dark tipped tail gave a small, nervous wag or two of its own accord as she narrowed the distance between them. The friendly smile he wore was being to feel silly, if not a little over played, but he found he could not
rid his face of expression.  

What was it about females that made him feel this way and lose all confidence? Well, it wasn't like it was all females after all, for he never felt so flustered standing before his mother or even Savina for that matter,
but when it came to Savina's daughters and others closer to his age it was whole nother story. Such puzzling feelings, Cypress had yet to determine the meaning or merit behind them.
Thus far they had proved nothing but a nuisance that left him fumbling for the right words and actions, but to what end he really did not know.

He cocked his head slightly at her murmured comment. Not easy to see? But what did she mean? It seemed so obvious to him now that her words puzzled him. Oh, not really.
One just has to know what they are looking for.
He said kindly, not realizing that so much of her appearance came from the other side of her bloodline and that coloration she shared with Savina was little more than coincidence.

Cypress looked little like his mother, save for his eyes, so it was little surprise when Caprica commented on his own image, though it was her next question that caused his eyes to widen in surprise and embarrassment.
Had he really forgotten to so much as introduce himself? Mother would be so disappointed that he had not shown any better manners than that. Ears folded back, Cypress cursed himself silently before attempting to make amends. My mother is Anu, Savina's
second in command.
He started as he ran his fingers through his mane to scratch at his scalp out of nerves. Not used to many outsiders it was easy to forget that not everyone knew who he was. Though I look little like my mother. All we share is the
blue of our eyes. The rest is my father, Gabriel de le Poer of Inferni.
Mother had told him many times how much he looked like his father, though there was like few similarities between them beyond appearances. Cypress
is my name.
He said, giving a smile and hoping no harm was done in his delayed introduction. Perhaps he would have remembered had he not been so distracted by the rare gem before him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]