Happiness is a warm gun
[html]
000+

She'd had a lot on her mind lately. The leader had sat in contemplative silence for most of the day before choosing to go out to the borders for a nice run to clear her head. Naniko often found that running would help her organize her thoughts and help her figure out how exactly she was feeling. She worried about pack safety and about canines who sought to ruin their way of life. She had banned certain canines from appearing at their borders for any reason a few select times...Amy being one of them. For some reason she hadn't been able to get the dog out of her head these last few days. Where was she? What was she doing? Naniko didn't often concern herself with the goings-on of others outside of the pack...but something about the bold female had caught her attention. She wanted to speak to her.

Very few canines had ever dared to stand up to her or her pack, especially when confronted with multiple members. Yet Amy had stood her ground until the very end, trying to trade with them and treating them all like her equals. The pack wolves had not seen the loner as their equal and had taken offense, however, resulting in the ban. These were the things that the Angela had been thinking about. Amy had been somewhat reckless then, in Naniko's opinion. She should have backed down. But she hadn't. Why hadn't she? She had something in her that allowed her to fight for what she wanted, get what she wanted. It was something that the middle-aged canine saw rarely these days. She wanted Amy for herself, wanted her to be working for Anathema. They could use a bold soul like her, if she could convince her that staying was the right decision.

First, however, she had to find the girl. She had no idea where to look, and set off from the Anathema borders at a slow jog. Their meeting would decide many things...if Amy would speak with her, if she'd come to stay, and the future that the two would have together as partners in crime. Naniko took in canines from all reaches of life...good and bad. She would try to offer Amy protection in exchange for her services and any information that she currently had. If the female stuck around, she could even move up through the ranks eventually. It would all be decided in time. The shifted leader began to pad more surely away from the borders, heading toward Ichika to see if they had news of Amy.

<style>
.gnani .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:center; padding:0px 20px;color:#cb8680; }
.gnani p {padding:3px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:20px;}
.gnani b {color:#f1e7f6; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#7e1f5f 1px 1px 2px; }
.gnani .line1 {width:350px; border-top:1px dotted #cb8680; margin:0 auto 3px auto;text-align:center;}
.gnani {background-color:#e4c8f0; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/TRiAi.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f6f0f6; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c07f9b; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:13px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0 auto; }
.gnani-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #ab6b85; margin:0 auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC text here

Word Count :: +000

Discovering that the medic she'd been counting on to help her deliver the pups had sent Amy into a fury. She had moved to her wagon to break things, only to remember that she'd already removed everything and stored it in Halifax for this exact reason earlier in her pregnancy, when she'd still been fit to travel. Howling her frustration Amy rounded on the next best thing. Raoth had done his best to squeeze himself someplace that Amy couldn't reach him, underneath the wagon as far as he could go. Grabbing the chain that kept him from running off Amy dragged him out. Defiant as always Raoth glared at her, teeth bared.

She wasn't strong enough to hurt him as she would have liked, knowing that he could fight against her, and would probably hurt the pups that were coming so soon. Instead she slapped him across the face, yelling at him about how useless he was. Raoth struck swiftly, moving to claw out her throat. Prepared for his anger Amy drove her knife through his wrist, tearing apart the muscle. Yelping in pain he dropped to the ground. Towering over him Amy watched the blood drip away with satisfaction. At least she'd managed to do some damage. A scent drifted towards her, one familiar to her. Anathema. Annoyed that the pest of a pack had shown up Amy crossed her arms, watching the wolf approach. She didn't recognize the female as the leader from before, their meeting too brief. I'd leave right now if I were you. I have no problem killing you, whether or not the pack would try to avenge you. She had plenty of acquaintances that owed her favors now, after all. She could find sanctuary where none could ever touch her.

<

Table by Alex

<style>
.AmyBebbeh { background-image:url(http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5479/try1k.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; border-radius: 15px; background-color:#000000; width:640px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:400px 0px 10px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:2px solid silver; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.AmyBebbehText {padding:10px; border: 4px #000; background:#747677; color:#000; opacity: 0.4; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%; width:600px; margin: 0 auto;}
.AmyBebbehText p{ opacity: 1; }
.AmyBebbehText b{color:#babdbe; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; font-weight:bold; opacity: 1; }
.AmyBebbeh p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.AmyBebbeh .wc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c;opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60);}
.AmyBebbeh .ooc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 10px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; opacity: 0.4; filter: alpha(opacity = 40);}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
000+

She came upon the wagon and slowed, unsure of who might be around the other side of it. Naniko was a very large and threatening-looking female, with long scars down her chest and arms from the battles that she had been in. She'd managed to save a life a few times...and she had also ended quite a few of them herself, when she saw fit. A threat to the pack was a threat to the pack...she didn't normally wait around for introductions if she found intruders. She got rid of them, instead. Act first and ask questions later...that had been the female's motto for a very long time.

The five year old had a lot of experience under her belt. She would be turning six this year. As the other came into view she made no movement, keeping completely still. Naniko had no desire to stop Amy from beating on her slave and didn't find the female to be very threatening in the state that she was in. She was surprised to have found the other at such a vulnerable time, in fact. Maybe this situation would help things go her way.

"Amy. You don't remember your dear friend Naniko, of Anathema? I would have thought I made an impression on you last time we met. But perhaps you get around more than I know...and I have been forgotten among the faces of other canines you've met." She said, making a small joke at the female's pregnancy and clearing her throat afterward. She couldn't do this the wrong way...she had to explain herself fast, before the other dismissed her or tried to attack. Things could get very messy very quickly. "I've come to seek you out. After my members drove you away I did a lot of thinking. You are bold and daring, to have stood up to us like you did. I could use someone like you working for me. I would provide you with protection and a place to come back to after a long day of lies and deceit - we employ spies and information-seekers in our pack. So long as you don't spill the beans about our own operations." She said. "Join me. I can protect you and your children better than anyone else. And in return, I only ask that you do what you are already doing...trade, gather information. And pledge your loyalty to myself and Anathema."

<style>
.gnani .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:center; padding:0px 20px;color:#cb8680; }
.gnani b {color:#f1e7f6; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#7e1f5f 1px 1px 2px; }
.gnani .line1 {width:350px; border-top:1px dotted #cb8680; margin:0 auto 3px auto;text-align:center;}
.gnani {background-color:#e4c8f0; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/TRiAi.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f6f0f6; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c07f9b; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:13px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0 auto; }

</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC text here

Amy listened, her face blank as the female gave her name. Thinking back to the meeting Amy knew that it wasn't the foolish coyote that had thought she could challenge Amy, or the male. That left her as...the leader. Emotions perfectly controlled Amy didn't show any of the surprise she felt. The rude behavior she'd shown was unforgivable then, facing an equal in power. They were dangerous to each other, Amy because of the favors she now held, and Naniko as a holder of land and resources. Amy might not acknowledge underlings, but a leader was someone to respect. She didn't deal in second in commands, but she would listen with care to why the leader would seek her out.

The soft mocking words made no impression on the hardened female. Amy didn't feel the need to explain her business to anyone, keeping it close to her chest. Only a flicker of disappointment showed. Surely a leader would have better taste than that. Unless she truly believed herself a superior to Amy. Then Amy would strive to do everything she could to prove Naniko wrong. She listened to the words carefully, weighing it's value. The words of working underneath another after having worked so hard to set herself independent left a bad taste in the dog's mouth. Amy's lips twisted as she considered. The leader had approached her with this proposal, leaving the ball in Amy's court for now. She could respond as she chose, making things worse, lifting the ban, or even making a powerful ally. Carefully she chose her words. It is an honor to be sought out by the leader of a pack, especially one as powerful as yours. However, I'm not so sure I need your protection. I have plenty others who would hide me if I asked them.

This was a delicate situation indeed, as Amy had no intention of letting this slip away. Pausing for a beat Amy continued. Working with you would benefit us both though, wouldn't it? You say you can protect me the best. I ask for privacy then, with no one approaching me while in my room without my permission. Outside of there I will be yours. Amy met Naniko's eyes steadily, letting the alpha weigh her request. It was a solid price, especially since Amy traveled often enough to make such a need unlikely. The room would be the seal for her bargain though. Without that Amy wouldn't be able to bear being another's tool for long.

Table by Alex

<style>
.AmyBebbeh { background-image:url(http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5479/try1k.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; border-radius: 15px; background-color:#000000; width:640px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:400px 0px 10px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:2px solid silver; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.AmyBebbehText {padding:10px; border: 4px #000; background:#747677; color:#000; opacity: 0.4; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%; width:600px; margin: 0 auto;}
.AmyBebbehText b{color:#babdbe; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; font-weight:bold; opacity: 1; }
.AmyBebbeh .wc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c;opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60);}
.AmyBebbeh .ooc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 10px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; opacity: 0.4; filter: alpha(opacity = 40);}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Here is a link to the map of the caves :3 Amy would be accepted at the "Sut" rank until she's been around for a little while and has proven she can be trusted...then up to Zepar, then into a rank tier if that's what you want.
000+

Naniko could be nice when she wanted to, but she'd always have her little jokes and comments. It's what kept things interesting - she enjoyed berating others a bit if they didn't get too upset over it...she didn't mean to offend, just to point out a person's flaw and put a little bit of humor into the situation. She didn't see Amy's pregnancy as a flaw, just as a personal choice...and she didn't hold such things against people. In this situation, the pregnancy was something that could be used to her own advantage...so she was very happy about it.

She hoped that it would be enough to offer the dog...she looked to be near the end of it, by Naniko's own standard of measure. She'd had five litters of her own in her nearly six years of life, so she knew quite a bit about the gestation and the birthing process. Each canine looked different while pregnant, though, and the number of pups could affect the size of the canine's belly as well, she knew. The female answered her first question evenly and without the same sarcasm that Naniko normally used. Good. She thought for a moment before replying. "Are they nearby, though? You appear to be almost bursting - I assume that you're near the end of your pregnancy. Do you think you could get to them in time?" It was a simple enough question, her tone losing its mocking nature.

She wished to explain more about the pack, and continued. "My pack loses members like any other...but we have the Howling Caverns. Not many outside of the pack know about them...they are a complex cave system that we've taken as our own. We have a village and other above-ground structures as well, but most prefer the calm and cool environment that the caves provide. There are several escape tunnels and routes that lead to various areas that only the pack have knowledge of." She said. "Around our borders we've dug many pits to trap trespassers, as well as having crows and owls that are trained to watch the borders for us in a sort of partnership." Her own owl companion was sleeping at this time, back in the Howling Caverns.

It seemed that the thing that mattered most to Amy was her privacy. There were many dens to choose from, but none that were in a particularly private area. She thought to herself for a moment - perhaps they would have to do a little more exploring to find something suitable...or Amy could choose to live somewhere outside of the cave system if she wished. "It's not a requirement to live in the caves - if there is another area that pleases you that is farther away from the central pack denning area...then that's more than fine. I know of a small stone cottage in the eastern part of Anathema, by the sea. Would that be acceptable? I would be happy to fix the cabin up for your arrival...In the spring, we could build a fence or wall around it for more privacy. The current fence is rotten and falling apart." There was one last thing that she had to ask, a requirement for all who sought to join Anathema. "There would be one final trial, - a blood sharing ceremony between you and I. It would be a small cut that I would make on both of our paws. We'd join them together and become blood family."

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC text here

Naniko's words struck hard. Amy had been able to wrangle protection from Ichika, but she didn't trust the pack to be capable of doing so, especially considering how many times even the warriors had lost in battle against her. If she truly needed help, Amy wouldn't get what she needed. She was relying on the pregnancy being uncomplicated with a medic to help, but if she was attacked Amy was a sitting duck. She listened as Naniko divulged secrets pertaining to the security of the pack. The knowledge was useless for her, as she had no idea what the layout was, but still something that was being shared understanding that it could be possibly given to enemies. The use of birds as border patrol was intriguing for her, as well as very efficient. No one would expect a bird to be a spy, most ignoring it's presence if seen at all.

Amy nodded her head slowly, reluctant to show how impressive the offer was. The offer of a small stone cabin set aside just for her use sounded like heaven. The words of a blood trial to join them as family had Amy's lips curling in humor. Did Naniko really think that a single cut would tie them together? Well, family was important. Even Amy acknowledged that much. She nodded her head and leaned down, jerking her knife out of Raoth's wrist. The coyote howled in pain as Amy carefully wiped the blade clean before passing it over to the pack leader. I would love to be considered part of your family.

<

Table by Alex

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
PP of her taking Amy's hand, making the cut, and holding them together for a moment. Should we have them walk together and discuss various aspects of the pack? Feel free to PP them getting to the house, if you want. Welcome! :3
000+

The ceremony did not take long to complete. She removed the ceremonial dagger from her belt, holding it out to show Amy and give an explanation for why she used this particular dagger. "This is the dagger that I use for the ceremony - we call it the Rite of Agares. I used this dagger on the founders of Anathema, to tie all of us together...and have used it on every member I've accepted into the pack since then." She lifted her hand, making a clean slice across one of the scarred pawpads there. She wasn't one to waste time - she wanted to get the girl settled before her pups came.

She made the cut on Amy's hand quickly, and held the two together. She never would have dreamed that this would be happening, that she'd be accepting the brash girl into her ranks as a member...but here it was. She could come and go from the lands as she pleased after she gave birth, and Naniko would protect her as she would any other pack member. It wouldn't make Amy invulnerable, but it was a start. She released the other female's hand, licking at her cut and putting the dagger back on her weapons belt. "You'll be placed at the lowest rank in the pack until you've proven yourself trustworthy...but that won't take too long if you keep yourself out of major trouble and don't poke at the members of mine that you've wronged in the past. Do you need help with that wagon?" She asked.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC sounds good

Naniko chose her own dagger, and shrugging Amy returned hers to it's sheath. She listened patiently as the reason for the choice was explained, with Amy nodding along. She understood tradition; Europe was steeped in it. Following tradition was important as it could make or break a deal. Amy watched a slice form over Naniko's scarred pads. Hopefully her own hand wouldn't become as scarred. It was already calloused from use of weapons. She let the leader cut her palm open without flinching, letting their hands be pressed together. The blood was exchanged, and the ritual fulfilled. She was part of Anathema.

With her hand released Amy carefully cleaned it, moving to the wagon. She cut up a part of the aloe vera, and spit into her hand to make a swift paste to cover the cut. Amy's ears flattened slightly as she was informed she was being placed in the lowest rank. Well, that didn't matter. As long as she received the respect she deserved, such as the leader was showing, Amy wouldn't protest. Hearing that she'd be lifted on condition of staying out of trouble she nodded her head. I'll bring no harm to the pack I've contracted with. She shook her head at the offer. Raoth can lead the horse.

Raoth looked up from where he was on the ground, and promptly tried to bite Amy's leg. She kicked him in the face, leaning on the wagon for balance. Grumbling he stood up and moved to the head of the horse. Amy lumbered into the wagon and settled in with the furs. Ride with me? Raoth started the horse forward, leading towards the cabin that would be her home. Do you have maps of the caverns? I'd like to see that if I could. I'm also curious about the system you use to control the birds.

Table by Alex

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the lateness, had one test Tuesday, a paper due yesterday and then I have a test today and one tomorrow D: boo midterms!!
000+

She was surprised to see Amy's companion take control of the horses and lead them on their way. Naniko wasn't used to the idea of using other canines for tasks - she was fine with forming alliances with animals and other canines and making a fair trade for goods and services, but this type of slavery was entirely unfamiliar to her. To each their own, though. When Esmeralda had returned to the pack she'd had a servant of her own...and Naniko had no laws against it, so she would try not to judge. Just because someone did something a different way than she did didn't make it wrong, it just meant that the two canines had different ideas about what life should be like.

Her son Scorpius was the map-maker in the pack. He'd created quite a few maps before leaving, ones that Naniko was continually updating and redoing to match the pack as it grew and as members moved here and there. She settled in alongside her new packmate on the furs. "I've got a few maps in my den. I can bring them by later. Did you meet many other packs after you left here, last? I heard a few new ones had cropped up...but I didn't have the chance to visit many of them yet. The only newer one that I know of is New Dawn, where my mother and a friend of mine both live." She said. The crow system was more unfamiliar to her, and she shook her head at that querie. "My co-leader Alaki handles the crows, for the most part. I have my own owl companion who watches for assassins and other threats for my protection...but Alaki was the one to bring the crows and breed them"

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC gonna assume she climbed in the wagon

Amy let the leader settle in, watching Raoth carefully. He had proved to have no sense of direction before, or maybe he had never traveled before. Either way, Amy didn't trust him to get them to where they were going without needing corrections. Normally Amy would be out there, but she couldn't lead the horse very well, and the rough reins she'd created were difficult to use for long periods of time. The wagon wasn't made to hold passengers after all, but rather all the goods that she had for sale. The questions about which packs Amy had been to was expected as this was a trade for information. I've visited Cercatori d'Arte and traded with Aniwaya, Cour des Miracles, and Casa di Cavalieri. They're very polite down there. I did hear about New Dawn, but I haven't been there yet. I got...sidetracked.

Amy was pleased that there were some maps that she could study to help her get used to the area. She probably wouldn't be spending a ton of time here with her travel to different packs, making a map extremely useful in helping her orientate herself. Hopefully she'd have most of the layout memorized in a couple weeks. She might not have traveled everywhere, but Amy would know the highlights and the routes that she herself would use. Listening to the mention of Naniko's co-leader Amy smiled. She remembered him. The dark male warrior. He'd looked ready to take off her head when they'd parted ways. Hopefully she'd be able to persuade him to tell her about the crows. The borders were in view quickly as Amy turned back to Naniko. You said you have traps around your borders. Kill traps or the kind you have to check and keep resetting?

<

Table by Alex

<style>
</style>
[/html]