SUNDAYbloodySUNDAY.
[html]
OUT OF CHARACTER

out of character
All welcome, however I'd prefer non OMGplottiness. I'm trying to get into the feel of Khaden before anything too drastic happens.
IN CHARACTER

in character

Grayer clouds seemed to seep over the horizon like a tipped over glass of water. It cascaded over the tumbling mountains that dotted the backdrop, covering over what would be bright summer blue skies and the frighteningly gorgeous sun. Off on the other side of his panoramic view was the glittering water in all of it's glory, as Khaden seemed to pluck his path through Twilight Vale's essence. It was a paradise, true to it's name it seemed to have it's own way of feeling as if it was home all along.

And with that Khaden had to sigh with a little bit of settlement reaching his weary eleven month eyes. He looked one way and that, giving the slight shrug of the shoulders and shuffling of his large, black feet. He pranced a little, grinning impishly at himself and the sudden freedom that he felt he had. True, Khaden had a mission that brought him to the land of 'Souls, this particular nook of land. Even more true was the fact that his "long lost mother" had come back, and he wasn't quite sure how to take that as well. Granted, there seems to be trouble in paradise for the most sturdiest people he had known his whole life, and he didn't quite know how to help Conri and Naniko. But overall - life was great.

He chuckled, moreover the fact that he knew it wasn't probably the time to chuckle, but he couldn't help it. He began to trot, listlessly at first, his gait slow and steady, but then amplifying to a full out gallop down the gorgeous territory. Some things his mind just had to break from, and today was going to be it.

[/html]
[html]

Her wounds were healing, but slowly. Ember had never been one for sitting around, so she was constantly breaking them back open again and making them bleed. She'd been wondering whether her sister Naniko might have some magical healing paste that she could put on the bites that would help them heal faster so that she could get back to doing what she did best, exploring. She hadn't been to Twilight Vale since she had dropped her cousin Melisande off here, the same day as the fight with Hybrid.

She was already through the border when she saw it, a figure darting off across the horizonline, away from her. How strange! Maybe it was Savina--Ember had met the female a few days before and had taken a liking to her. Both enjoyed running, so they'd taken a jog around the borderline before calling it a night. Her ears went back as she considered following, looking back across the borderline behind her. Conri wouldn't mind, would he? She knew Naniko wouldn't. With the decision made the Dahlia de Mai wolf focused on where she had seen the running figure dissapear at.

Green eyes took in the surroundings as she ran full tilt after him, burgundy highlights reflecting in her dark fur as the sun shone down on her. It was another black wolf, but this one looked a bit smaller than Savina. She came closer as she ran harder, four legs pumping. She could shift, but today she'd chosen not too. Took too much energy. She was gasping for breath now that she had finally caught up with him, so it was nearly impossible to talk. And she wasn't sure what she could say to him once she did talk. 'Oh, hey...I'm stalking you' Just didn't seem appropriate.

[/html]
[html]
OUT OF CHARACTER

out of character
I had a weird feeling you were going to reply to this. xD Btw, I'm making Naniko + Khaden thread in Pirata Grotto, I was thinking a Symev lesson?
IN CHARACTER

in character

Running was something that Khaden was seriously passionate about. His long, lean legs skipping gracefully against the worn terrain along the borderside. He was never one to pound his paws into the ground, instead, slide them through the long summer grasses, feeling as if he was as light as a feather. It was nice to feel the cooling air weave through his black tresses, it's refreshing digits calming and relaxing his muscles as he ran through the gorgeous territory. His head whipped back for mere seconds as he surveyed the scene that he was leaving behind, Haven Manor standing solid and proud deep in the distance and another wolf attempting to catch up with him. He grinned impishly, loving every minute of his run and his new home, before it truly hit him.

His feet screeched to a shuttering halt as his body whirled in anticipation towards the other canine. His eyes were narrowed, hackles raised, his tail straight and erect forcing his body to look longer than it really was. By the time he finally stopped the movement, Khaden cocked his head to the side, surveying the femme afore him with caution. "Who are you?" He knew about the other packs, and he knew that this femme resided in another pack, by her smell - a smell foreign and slightly alarming to Khaden himself. He wasn't one to start a fight if he couldn't help it, but with the whispers of the war that was making its way through the 'Souls lands, he could only help to be suspicious.

[/html]
[html]

She had thought that he was someone else at first, Savina...but now it was obvious that he definitely was not her. Ember had figured that they would keep running; she was really getting into it, legs going at a steadier pace now that she had caught up with him. But he didn't want to keep going. She didn't realize that he had stopped running until he was gone and she turned back, padding toward him. The girl was large, both Phoenix and Iskata's size being passed on to her, so maybe he thought that she was more of a threat. She didn't want to stand higher than he did so she lowered her shoulders and head to a half-sitting position, rump on the ground with her head held low.

She really shouldn't have bothered him, or assumed that he would be as friendly as all of the others that she had met here. Her little puppy friend Sirius had said that he didn't like the wolves in Twilight Vale, so he had moved to Shadowed Sun...but she'd never had a problem with any of them here. "I'm Ember. My cousin...she's living here. I was coming to see her..and I mistook you for someone that I knew."

She'd never been very good at this kind of thing, talking to new people, especially ones that thought that she was some kind of a threat. She felt bad for intruding. She didn't allow her eyes to rise from the ground. She'd gotten a good look at him when she had stopped. He looked a lot like her and Savina..the same eye color and coat color. Strange. "You don't want me here." She said it as more of a statement than a question. "I can go. I'm really, really sorry about this. If Naniko told you I wasn't supposed to be here...I thought I was allowed, but.."

[/html]
[html]
IN CHARACTER

in character

From suspicion seemed to breed guilt, and it swept easily across Khaden's face. Her initial posture displayed everything that the jet black wolf was wary about to begin with, and the boy immediately felt his body detox at the sight of her general temperament. Her stature and position gave him all the dominance, with her body poised the way she was, he double-checked his own and lifted his demeanor into something far more casual. He felt ashamed, begrudging himself to be so hostile especially as it was his second day within the pack as the Corvus.

Her speech itself came hurried, rushed, and he didn't know whether or not he should tell her that everything was going to be okay or not - but he stayed quiet throughout her talk. He dipped his head, jade eyes sympathetic to her situation and apologetic that he was the one that put her in that place. Her last words though left Khaden immediately jumping forward, his brows furrowed and eyes guilty. "No!" He exclaimed, pleading. "No... Don't go. I'm sorry for being snappish. I'm just a little new around here. Please, I didn't mean to make you feel bad."

He was such a klutz, if only she would see that he was really, truly sorry, maybe she'd stay around with him.

[/html]
[html]
Ember has actually met Dhalia before ;o But I don't know if she knows Dhalia's name or not...we haven't gotten that far in the thread XD

She couldn't believe that she had made him feel guilty about asking her who she was--it made her feel even worse. She didn't like to incite those kinds of feelings in other people, not about her. She was nothing, a nobody...even in her own pack. Her sister was lower than her in the ranks and she still beat Ember in every argument or fight that they had. She just wasn't made for that kind of thing. Firefly had been away on adventures for most of the dark girl's puppyhood, only having returned a few weeks before...and they didn't get along. Too much time spent apart.

"I wasn't sure if I was allowed in when I came in, just because my cousin Cercelee is recovering here from the fight we were in with the coyote. I should have asked. But when I saw you running--it was really neat. I love running." She felt a little more secure knowing that she wasn't going to be chased away--she did want to see Cercelee later on. Maybe he could help her find the mansion. "I'll stay. I'm Ember."

[/html]
[html]
OUT OF CHARACTER

out of character
Meh, we'll see where this thread takes us. I think Khaden's too smitten with Ember to really care. xD

wc: 324
IN CHARACTER

in character

Khaden had never really had a relationship with a female besides - well, besides Naniko. So when it ultimately came down to this femme fetale he didn't know quite how to react to her. He had enough education to know that women, and that sort, were vastly different than men, and his sort but how to acknowledge that and continue smoothly without causing another incident like the one that just happened was beyond him. But the base fact of the equation was that besides his brother Conri, Khaden had been without any real contact with anyone else. This by itself seemed to brighten his day immensely, letting his tail wag happily in the cool air as he grinned impishly, if not a little foolishly at her.

If the jet black boy had ever been precisely attentive as a puppy, perhaps he would have recognized the name of Cercelee. Alas, as it stood, Khaden could not put any value to the name, and being rather fresh into the Twilight Vale pack, he was ignorant to it's policies as Switzerland to this Dahlia de Mai-Inferni tango. What caught his attention, however, was her love of running and his smile broadened. He loved to run, and that he found someone else that might run with him seemed exciting. He had never really ran with anyone, besides Dhalia when they were pups - oh, and Naniko, when he would do something particularly naughty - but gone were those days.

His jade eyes twinkled with a certain mischief as she recited her own name. He shifted his weight from paw to paw, feeling the sudden spring of playfulness roll through his system. "Well..." He began in a soft drawl, his smile widening with every second. "I would tell you..." His back haunches seemed to coil, ready to spring. He winked and bit the air dramatically as he recited "But you have to catch me first!" And like that, he was off.

[/html]
[html]

She'd had a few trysts before, but nothing close to a lasting relationship. She'd still been getting over the loss of her father when she had slept with Lubomir, a male more than twice her age. He'd been watching over her as a sort of guardian for a while, since she had come back to the lands, and when Labrynth Glen had disbanded she had taken it upon her to get as far away from him as she could. There were parts of that night that she didn't really remember, and parts that she wasn't sure she wanted to remember.

When she had come to these lands after the fire, she'd met a lot of family members that she had never known about before. She'd heard about Cercelee, Mew, and Haku, but had never actually met them before. Now she was in a pack with all three. Ember really enjoyed being around Cercelee...so it was harder when her cheerful cousin was all the way down here in Twilight Vale. Dahlia de Mai was beautiful in its own way, but it didn't have Cercelee in it.

He was off and running and she dug her claws into the ground to gain some momentum so that she could follow. This was the type of playing that she really enjoyed; there was no chance that anything awkward could happen when they were just running. She didn't have to worry about what to say or what to do, whether she was implying anything by any of her movements or words...she just had to run.

She considered shifting to follow him, but dismissed the idea. It'd take too much energy, and then she wouldn't be able to go as fast. Instead she followed him at a steady pace, not letting him get too far ahead but following closely enough that she could see where he was going. "I'm gonna get you!" She couldn't get the smile off of her face, even though her muscles hurt from grinning so much. Things had been so horrible lately, with the attack and the fighting with Firefly...this was so great.

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... c2b4-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
in character

It was the purest form of adrenaline that shot through his body as he dug his claws into the ground for impact. It was as if he blanked altogether and found a certain lust, a certain directive out of this playtime. He was programmed to be a runner, his body a little sleeker, his paws angeled at the perfect shape to adapt to any sort of terrain. He was just lucky that Twilight Vale's was such a lush, green carpet beneath his ebony toes that seemed to encourage him to continue on with his pace.

It wasn't until the girl had said anything, really, that made Khaden snap out of that pure bliss that he was experiencing, and whirl his head around to get a clear view of Ember. Her expression, that expression of joy and happiness, seemed to be infectious and Khaden couldn't help but grin himself. His long, lean legs seemed to slow softly as he took a spectacular view of her. He faced forward again, giving a high bark to the heavens above before careening to the left. He sharply turned, pushing his body against the current he had directed it to be, so that he could double up behind Ember.

Laughing and barking, Khaden ran off again in the direction they came from, slowing down just a little so maybe the girl can catch up to him. He had never been caught before.
[/html]
[html]
ooc: yer tail is miiiine :o

She didn't really know the Twilight Vale territory as well as she could have, for all the time she had spent there. She did know a bit about where things were in Dahlia de Mai, but she'd spent more time exploring there. Ember was very concious about rules, and she hadn't wanted to break any by wandering needlessly around Twilight Vale. She assumed that she was allowed to come in, see Cercelee, and leave.

The dark wolf was panting again, but her thoughts didn't go past the next footfall, the next breath, the next little turn in the path that he was making for her to follow. Then he was moving in a different direction and her eyes widened, her body adjusting itself to try and follow. He was heading back towards her...and then away again, darting. He was much faster than she was now that he was actually trying to outrun her, his streamline form gaining ground over her shorter legs.

But then she seemed to be getting closer to him, somehow. Ember grinned all the wider, running faster, her head bobbing up and down with each leap. She was nearly there, letting out pupish yips of her own every few seconds. She could see his tail whipping around in front of her and went for it, trying to grab hold of the end of it. It was how she and Lubomir had played, tail-grabbing.

[/html]
  Find
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... c2b4-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
out of character

I think you forgot to end a tag. Big Grin
wc: 330

in character

Khaden had always been a good runner, physically and metaphorically. His body was built for speed and if the world around him didn't require it, the boy would probably spend all of his time running. Long legs used to beating upon paths traveled and untraveled and his whole body was on a lilt, as if his structure cantered him towards constantly loping. He had been on the run his whole life. He had ran with Dhalia, ran from Soran, ran from Phasma. He had ran towards a more promising future outside of Souls, outside of the protecting arms of Conri and Naniko. Then he had turned around and ran away from his sister and Stygian. Khaden was a runner from birth, and this precise day, he decided instead of running, he wanted to just simply be done.

He felt it first, the hair prickling feeling of someone closing in behind. His body tensed as he could almost taste the adrenaline that ripped through the atmosphere. It just took a heart-pounding second, that instant he could hear no longer Ember's paws thudding against grass behind him. Whipping his head around his shoulder to get a full glance of the femme as she dived for his tail. He could feel his jade eyes widen as she took him down, force coming against his ebony tail as he yelped in surprised. Pure astonishment swept through his system as his paws locked underneath him and he went tumbling to the ground, so bewildered he didn't know whether he took the amazing femme down with him. His head crashed the floor, emerald eyes sliding underneath the canopies as his limbs went askew.

It all seemed to settle, and as Khaden felt the stars and birds slowly disappear from his conscious, he started to laugh. His body heaving and pulsing as all the cares seemed to melt away from his world, he felt it all too well. Nothing mattered right here, right then, because Khaden was finally happy.
[/html]
[html]
Yes D: But I'm retarded and too lazy to fix it right now. XD so I just grabbed my other table >_> Ember is a little bit of a hemophiliac, too...uncontrollable bleeding. x_o

She had been born in Storm, and had mostly been raised by her father. When Phoenix had fallen ill, Pilot had taken over the duties of Alpha for a while. She looked up to him too, really. Back then she had kept to herself a lot, playing alone or sitting inside the den with Phoenix. Iskata hadn't been around much...at least, not that she could remember. It had been Dierdre that had pulled her out of the avalanche, Dierdre and Pilot who had let her sleep in their den when she got too afraid to sleep with Phoenix. He'd been so sick...she'd been scared that he might not make it. Whenever she'd slept in there she had gotten up every hour or so to make sure that he was still breathing.

Everything happened very quickly, Khaden tumbling down in front of her, her tripping over him, grabbing onto whatever part of him she could to try and halt her momentum and ending up in a prone position over him. She was so surprised by what had happened that she too was quiet for a few moments, the dust cloud that they'd created settling over them.

He started laughing and soon she was too, shaking her head back and forth. She didn't even know his name...but she already knew that she would get along with him. Ember had never, ever played like this with someone else--it was very relaxed, despite them barely knowing each other. "You--" Ember paused as another giggle escaped her, "Gotta tell me your name now"

The female straightened a bit, moving to the side and shaking some of the dust out of her sleek coat. She hadn't noticed it before, but now that she was standing up she could see it, drops of blood falling down into the grass by her paws. "Oh, man. I..." She squinted, leaning forward to examine his coat. "They started bleeding again. Anything I do...I swear." She motioned toward her shoulder, the area that Hybrid had managed to take a good chunk out of. There were other marks over her front legs and chest, but her shoulder was the one place that kept ripping open.

[/html]
[html]
This is a longer one. xD Khaden had to pick up SOME stuff from Naniko. wc: 548

Khaden's laugh was unhindered. Unhindered by his psychotic sister and that damned Stygian with all of his fucked up ideas. Unhindered by the war, and how that was affecting his beloved Conri and Naniko. Unhindered by Naniko's mistakes that Conri sheltered him from. Unhindered from his abandoning mother, and the guilt that plagued him for being apathetic about her existence. Unhindered from the social awkwardness of not truly knowing how to act, how to compose himself in front of Ember. His laugh was simply unhindered by his life. It rang out, a joyous melody that was a declaration to his situation that he wasn't going to let this get to him. He had his reprieve and little did he know that the reprieve came from the other femme.

Still twittering, he locked eyes with Ember, her demand was responded by his own chuckles. His head was tilted towards the side impishly, his face alit with that goofy, genuine smile. His legs seemed to be tangled underneath his body and half underneath Embers and the warmth of her body seemed to seep all over Khaden as he laid there, dazed and stunned by the afternoon's events. Even as she pried herself away from him, he just merely flopped over to the floor, sprawling out his body and continually just gazing at the girl.

A laugh emitted from his chest and he stared down, noticing but not registering the sticky liquid that matted his fur. Looking back up with that goofy smile, he saw the blood that gushed out of Ember's wound and it truly didn't sink in until a few seconds. His smile disappearing slowly before he finally jolted up, as if awaking from a dream. "You're... bleeding!" He stumbled, jade eyes widening with the impact of what was really happening. His paws shifted and stumbled again as he moved about, feeling like a total idiot. "Uh, stay there. I'll... I'll be back!" He said as he ran.

He went off within eyesight of Ember as he scouted readily for what exactly he was looking for. He thanked Naniko readily at what she had taught him previously. Yarrow, the wild indigenous herb, grew everywhere and Khaden knew that. It helped as a coagulant and as a disinfectant and the emerald eyed boy snatched up as many as he could find before moving to bandages. Sometimes it was far more handy to be in a constant fully shifted form, especially when others preferred to be clothed. It helped with any sort of bandages that were needed. Alas, he did not have any sort of bandages so he snapped up the closest plant that had wide, lengthy leaves and ran towards the girl.

He deposited it all afore her, taking a minute to close his eyes to shift. He wasn't much of a shifter, at least a full one (he rather preferred his halfling form to anything else) but he was a natural nonetheless. The transition of his body melting to a complete werewolf took him all of two minutes before he smashed up the yarrow. "I'm sorry this is taking a while... and I'm sorry that this is going to hurt." He looked up into Ember's eyes, furrowing them slightly. "Is it okay if I help you?"

[/html]
[html]

She tried to protest at first, but he was already off and running by the time she got the words out. She didn't want to be any trouble to him, but if she told him that he'd just deny that she was causing him worry. Ember had been having fun with him, running around and playing, and now things were ruined. She'd wrecked them.

She should have been more careful when she had grabbed onto Hybrid, put a hand around his muzzle or something so that he wouldn't have been able to bite her like he had.

"I...all right. I keep accidentally ripping it back open. It's been a little while, but this one's really bad."

[/html]
[html]
I can't sleep. x_x; wc: 425

Khaden wanted with every might of him to ask where she got those rips and tears from. It was obviously an attack, and he could feel himself bristle with anger that anyone would ever harm Ember as such. A dire tooth dangled from his bottom lip as his ebony hands situated two rocks, one flat and one smaller, and yarrow between them. He flickered an ear as she explained the wound, but the moment she had said the words "alright" he had gone to work. His hands working hard to grind the yarrow into a paste, he picked it up by the small rock and looked back into Ember's eyes. It was hard not to be caught by how sensational they were, but Khaden took a deep breath. "This is going to sting a little bit. It will help close up this wound and disinfect it though." His eyes were slightly worried about how she would take such treatment, would it be too painful for such an open wound, or was she strong and brave enough to endure the pain?

His eyes settled back to her wound on her shoulder, occasionally flickering back to see Ember's expression. He lifted the rock gingerly to her, applying the texture as carefully as he could. Despite any reaction Ember had to the treatment, he knew the whole yarrow solution had to be applied, so he scraped up the last of the paste and swept it over the bloodied mess. The next part was indeed trickier. He glanced over at the leaves he had taken upon himself to gather, and looked at the placement of her shoulder. Frowning faintly, he picked up a leaf and flattened it. "I'm going to take you to the house with me... t-that way we can properly dress you. We have sheets and whatnot that you can wear to heal it up faster. I want you to stay there, at least for tonight. My Nani is a better healer than I am, and can probably fix you up faster." He hesitated, watching her and was completely unsure of her status and furthermore, if it was even remotely okay for her to shift in such a disposition. No, he would have to carry her.

He could feel his face flush with embarrassment, his eyes averting to the ground as he applied the leaves at least to keep the paste in tact. "I... uh, need you to go to the house." Continually focusing on the ground he shrugged his shoulders. "Um, I'll take you there if you wish."

[/html]
[html]

out of character

out of character.

xD I'm a freak; I still can't see it xD I can see the white feathers in the border, tho Big Grin

in character

in character.

Ember wasn't used to people taking care of her like this. She'd always been the one to take care of everybody else. When Phoenix had gotten sick she was barely old enough to help him but she'd tried anyway, replacing the washcloth that had lain over his forehead almost religiously, watching his every movement. He had recovered, and for the few weeks before the fire he'd seemed like a different wolf...so bright and cheerful. Firefly had said it best the last time they had met. She was most definitely daddy's girl.

But now Phoenix was dead, stabbed. Kansas hadn't elaborated a lot on it...she could tell that it had been hard for him, too. She looked up when Khaden returned, sitting back on her rump and listening as he spoke. His voice was smooth, much lower than her own middle-soprano, and she found herself just listening to the sound of it for a few moments. She had figured that it would hurt, but when he said it aloud she nodded.

She knew that he wouldn't do anything to hurt her on purpose, and that the infected wound would need looking after. When Naniko had asked her if she needed help last time she'd ran away, still disturbed by the images of the coyote ripping her cousin apart. Now she was calm enough to deal with the treatment without those thoughts bothering her. This still unnamed wolf was a comfort, in his frantic, concerned ways. The medicine did burn, but she didn't move or speak. Moving wouldn't make it go away, and neither would expressing how much it hurt.

She'd been told not to shift when she had an injury, that it could hurt the healing process, so she shook her head. She wouldn't be able to use the leg, even...not for a couple of hours, until the medicine really started to work on it. "You're right." She affirmed, craning her head to look at the cut. "I'm probably too heavy.." The thought had already come and gone. She was a pretty big wolf already...would he be able to do it?

[/html]
[html]
This is such a short post. Blah, I'm done with this thread, you?

The leaves were staying fine, Khaden knew that. Everything was going as planned except that Ember had to go back to the house. He knew that Naniko could properly treat the femme once she had arrived safely to Haven Manor, but it was the whole getting her there that really was the hitch in the plans. Khaden didn't know how Ember would react to him being that... intimate, with her. Granted, it was all in purely professional manner - she was bleeding and hurt, he was there solely to get her into a safe and secure place. But still, the bubbling feelings that seemed to erupt at this same exact time didn't make his job any easier.

His jade eyes flickered upward, watching as she careened her neck over to assess the damage. Her confirmation seemed to seal it, and Khaden waved away the last excuse wearily, apathetically. She wasn't too heavy, he had already knew that. Closing his eyes briefly, he opened them again, and pushed his arms out. His fingers spread as they scooped underneath her, picking up the wolf body and cradling her to his chest. With one leg pushed out over the other, he stood, leaving the ground behind him as he glanced down to see how Ember was fairing. He held her, taking extra care of not hassling her shoulder - and with that he began to walk.

"We'll be at the house soon, I promise."
[/html]