Learning a Trade
[html]

OOC here!

Hadley had been in the pack for a few days now, and he was starting to feel more comfortable with his freedom. Today he was testing himself, leaving the borders of the pack without feeling afraid or needing to make up an excuse. He was doing alright with not making up a reason to leave, but he was still very much afraid, being exposed in the open. Amy could find him outside pack borders, could take him back as a slave.

He managed to lower himself to the ground outside the pack, resisting the urge to chicken out and run back in, declaring himself done for the day. He pulled out a small knife that Grace had given him to, and picked up a fairly large stick. Having heard about carving he'd decided to try and do that himself. His first task was making a small stool for Grace, for helping him become free. Carefully he chipped his knife at the wood, forming a bumpy stump of wood to use as a leg.

<style>
.hadley2 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.hadley2 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.hadley2 b {color:#ff0000; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.hadley2 {background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3590/2 ... 0914m3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:370px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.hadley2-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.hadley2 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Aylu was trying to find the pack. He had made new friends on his travels and he enjoyed bringing his way of living to others. He was a talented carver and knew how to use his staff. He was walking around enjoying the bright sunny day when the smells of a pack came around. He walked a little more and found a man carving a piece of wood. "Hello my friend. Can I give you some pointers on carving? I mean you no harm," he said softly to the man.

He sat down at a distance and pulled out one of his own carvings, a wolf mother with a pup. The grey womans face came to mind and he had carved her into the soft wood. It was almost done and he looked over at the man. "My name is Aylu. I am a loner for now. A monk trying to find a pack. What pack is this?" he asked as he carved the lines of the fur into the wood. The carving was coming out really good and he hoped someone found it interesting. He was willing to trade for something.
[html]

OOC here!

Someone rounded the clearing, causing Hadley to jump. The knife slipped, cutting into his hand. Hadley licked the cut quickly, ears flattened in submission. He listened nervously, hearing that he knew how to carve. The reassurance that he wouldn't be harmed helped him finish loosening up. Hadley nodded his head quietly, eager for the pointers. He was just starting this, and really wished to do well. He would absorb everything he could.

The stranger remained at a distance, keeping Hadley from feeling threatened and full out panicking. He watched with curiosity as a beautiful carving of a wolf with her pup was pulled out. The knife flicked rhythmically into the wood, a face beginning to form. Being addressed broke the trance he'd been falling into, and he looked up. Aniwaya.

<style>
.hadley2 {background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3590/2 ... 0914m3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:370px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.hadley2 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
"Aniwaya. Is this a nice pack?" he said finishing up the face of the grey woman that haunted his sleep. She was happy and as he started to carve out the body of her curled around small pup he looked up at the man. He still hadn't told him his name and Aylu could smell fear on the man. What had happened to him to make him fear someone as gentle as himself. He studied the man, noticing he was subconsciously submissive. He had small scars all over his arms and he wondered if he did them himself or someone else did.

Aylu smiled warmly at the man as he finished the face of the pup and continued on to the bodies. He was finished in a matter of minutes and he handed the carving to the man. "I can teach you how to do this if you want. Its really not that hard. I'll even let you have my tools to learn how to do it. I never did get your name..." he said sitting back and watching the male closely
[html]

OOC here!

Hadley considered the question carefully. He didn't feel like he belonged there, and he had experienced a rather frightening encounter with a fierce member. The pack did exude a warmth though, seeming to embrace those who entered. He nodded his head gently, deciding that it was indeed a nice pack. Hadley picked up the next piece of wood and began carving, working on making the next leg. His cuts were still bumpy, but with care he managed to at least make sure they were the same height, if not the same width.

Something moved towards him, and Hadley looked up from his work, eyes wide with fear. His hand was taken, and something was pressed into it. Drawing his hand back Hadley looked down, seeing the finished carving of the mother wolf and her pup. It was beautiful. Dumbfounded he ran his hand over it, enjoying the delicate feel, the intricate detail that didn't seem to be a lie at all, but what the wolf truly would be like if he met her. The words caught Hadley's attention, and he looked up. Please. Name's Hadley.

<style>
</style>
[/html]