i'm under and over it all. [ aw. ]
[html]

OOC: anybody is welcome! :3

Word Count → 524

The world was quiet this afternoon. The only noise that could be heard was that of the somewhat strong breeze whistling through the trees outside her window, branches swaying and creaking as if to object to the movement the wind caused them. Mismatched eyes gazed at the opening of half broken glass in her room, sunlight filtering through it and reflecting dapples light on the walls and dusty floors, the few that settled on the female warmed patches of her fur. Exhaling loudly she closed her eyes, her hands behind her head as she lay on her back, stretched across her floor. The damsels room was quite bare, dotted with what few belongings she did have. The lone shelf nailed to the wall sturdily held her glass jars, some filled with herbs and others holding the wooden beads she had carved recently, ones that the femme had yet to paint or decorate.

A metal and wood desk was shoved up against the wall firmly, it's large surface scattered with trinkets and pieces of this and that, such as a new dagger she had carved from the femur of a particularly thick boned moose she had taken down a few days prior, then a few bone needles for sewing from deer ribs Her room was quite large, boasting a walk in closet as well as ample room. Strips of tanned leather lay neatly in a row, with bits of white rabbit fur placed on top for sizing and whatnot, some half sewn with the dried and stretchy sinew she had harvested from her hunting trips. Being so self sufficient sure had it's perks. Sniffing lightly to herself, the female turned herself onto her side, her head resting in her paw as she leaned on her elbow. Few days had passed since her meeting with the pale dog, and already she had one pair of bracers completely, now working on the intricate cloak the other requested.. Well, she didn't request it intricate, but the mottled coywolf figured it was better that she made it that way.

Having gathered enough rabbit furs for the lining of the inside of the cloak and the hood, she was pleased. Every one of the animals was stark white with thick fur, perfect for a fashionable and comfortable piece of clothing. Pondering to herself, the yearling still had to decide if she wanted to line the bracers with fur yet or not.. Oh well, that would be dealt with once the deer skins she had collected had been tanned and cured. Raising herself to a sitting position, she sighed loudly before rising to her feet, shaking off the dust and reaching for her bone comb from her lone shelf, freshly carved. Starting from the bottom, she sat down on a stump that she had pulled from the forest to double as a chair and worked her way up, finally finished with combing her face-framing bangs to either side of her face.

Placing her comb on the desk to her left, she moved her stump to the window and gazed out the glass. It was lonely here, she wanted some interesting company.

i've been trapped inside your heart shaped box for weeks.

Image courtesy of d o l f i@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.aw-template .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.aw-template p.outsidetext {color:#272d28; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.aw-template .charname {font-family:Throw My Hands Up In The Air, serif; color:#dcd5d2; margin:0px 0px 50px 0px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:55px; font-weight:regular; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}
.aw-template p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.aw-template b {color:#343c36; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.aw-template {background-color:#dcd5d2; background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/2ntib5w.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #000000; }
.aw-template .inner {margin:0px 5px 135px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#0F0F1A;}
.aw-template p.wordcount {color:#272d28; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Not sure of her exact location in Inferni, so I made my post a bit more vague.

The first thing that the male had done when his father had passed on was to teach himself the art of reading and writing. It was a skill that had taken much time and effort and that he still practiced daily so that his ability would not go away. He'd discovered that if skipped even a couple of days, his memory would begin to lose things. Names, equations, where certain constellations were located in the skies...and so much more. This fact had bothered him to the point where he'd forced himself to do a full review of everything he'd learned to see what his memory still held and what it did not. The russet male would not take a day of rest again unless absolutely necessary next time.

He held a stack of books and parchment in his arms as he padded back toward the mansion, seeking out his bedroom. He had spent a good portion of his morning reading and now sought to do some scouting and border-checking for the clan. He was only going to get noticed and promoted if he continued to do these tasks; his highest hope was to someday become a lead scout and to be able to use some of the knowledge that he had spent the better part of his life obtaining. Movement to the right of him caused the yearling male to look up from the ground, amber eyes narrowing as he sought out the source of the motion. Was someone sitting just inside of that window? Nathaniel stepped a bit closer, watching carefully and raising his hand in a greeting.."Hello?"

<style type="text/css">
.natstar b {font-weight:bold; color:#5d658b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 1px; font-size:12px;}
.natstar p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.natstar {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/54Umu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:280px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:11px; color:#5c5c5c; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

The day was beautiful, and it was becoming a staple in the weather. Not that she minded of course, Emmanuelle much preferred sun and warmth over the cold and darkness of winter. The female rested her elbows against the window sill and set her chin down on her supported hands, looking out the window with a bored expression on her face. Idly she blew a strand of hair out of her face while she began picking at the sill, peeling what little paint there was off and flicking it out the window. Movement down below her window caught her attention and she curiously watched as a young male, close to her in age walked towards the mansion with a stack of books and papers. Her russet-hued ears perked as he seemingly noticed her too, and offered a greeting and a friendly wave.

A smile broke across her face as she stood up quickly and waved back, motioning with her head that she would come down too meet him. Not that he wanted that, but she felt like meeting someone new. Turning her back to the window, the younger woman crossed the threshold of her room quickly, stopping only to close the door before she continued down the hall and skipped down the stairs. Her tail was swaying back and forth as she opened the doors to the outside of the mansion and she walked toward the male. Stopping before him, she smiled again. " Hello there! I am Emmanuelle Brenna, did you need any help with those? " The silver-streaked girl offered kindly, gesturing to the books and whatnot he held in his arms.

Waiting a few moments for an answer, she continued. " What is your name, if I might ask? "

[/html]
[html]

He hadn't meant to be spying upon another pack member, and ducked his head in slight embarrassment when she returned the gesture. Perhaps they hadn't wanted to be seen to begin with and he was intruding on their time here in this part of the territory. He wasn't all that great at interacting with fellow canines, especially those who appeared to be hybrids. It wasn't their fault that they had mixed parentage...but at the same time he normally had to fight to keep the dislike out of his voice. He couldn't stand wolves, and was trying hard not to let that affect his interactions with other members of his clans. They were born the way that they were, as was he, and nothing would change it. He just needed to be supportive of them no matter what his gut told him.

"Nathaniel" He said evenly, trying to balance his armload. "I could use a bit of help, yes, if you wouldn't mind. I was just heading back to the mansion to drop these off - hoping to go out for a run along the borders. Do you live out here?" He was interested in knowing where the various canines in the clan preferred to live. If he could, he would live outside where he could sleep beneath the skies and be surrounded by nature and open air...but the winter had driven him indoors. This area seemed really nice to him, but then he felt that way about most of the clan's territory.

<style type="text/css">
.natstar b {font-weight:bold; color:#5d658b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 1px; font-size:12px;}
.natstar {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/54Umu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:280px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:11px; color:#5c5c5c; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC goes here.

The summery female let a toothy canine grin settle over her muzzle as she grabbed the top half of the load, making it more managable for the russet-hued male beside her. She was sure to be careful with the books, knowing that if they were human made they were rare these days, and she didn't want to damage any of his possessions. " I do live here, in that room I just came down from. It's only temporary though, when it gets to be warmer I am going to build my own house. " She said, her words laced with excitement at the prospect of her own home growing closer and closer. Her and Myrika would be traveling out to Halifax if everything went well to pick up building supplies then coming back to build her house into the side of a hill.

An even broader smile crossed her face at the prospect of going to the borders, maybe he would like some company? " I don't know how you feel about such things, but I usually like company for trysts around the border. If you would like I could come with you. " She offered, somewhat shyly. Her tail swung back and forth at the pleasure of the companionship of another, especially a pack member. Most of her friendships had been forged outside of the border up until now. " Where did you want to put these? Do you live here as well? " She questioned, gesturing to the load in their arms with her mottled muzzle, becoming aware that it was getting a little bit heavier by the minute.

<style type="text/css">
.emmoww b {font-weight:bold; color:#883a2b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #464347;}
.emmoww .ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center;}
.emmoww p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px 0px;}
.emmoww {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#dbd3de; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6hVg4.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; padding:10px 0px 210px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#464347; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; border-radius:15px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The fact that she wanted to build a house of her own surprised him. Nathaniel wasn't one for physical labor, but he liked to help his pack out as much as he could. He wasn't the strongest or the best at anything, really, and often found himself coming in last place when it came to physical tasks. He was a thinker and a dreamer with a wild imagination, but that didn't make up for some of the physical downfalls to his build. He'd thought about trying to exercise more, but with his poor hunting skills he needed to keep all the energy he could from what he ate. His treks around the border and his nighttime walks to map the stars gave him more than enough exercise.

Nonetheless, the male's mouth opened to comment on her decision as she lifted a few books off of his high stack. "If you need help, let me know. I met that Myrika girl before...she seemed alright to me. She led a small hunt I was a part of" He wanted to know more about the female before him, but wasn't sure how to ask. Nate had spend most of his puppyhood around his sister Wraith and very few others, preferring to keep to himself and out of trouble. He didn't like being noticed by the higher-ups and just tried to keep his head down.

"Yes I do...but around the other side." No room was perfect in this place, and his was no exception to that. It'd had a glass-littered floor and there had been a fine layer of dust over everything when he'd first found the room. It had taken a lot of cleaning and polishing to get it to its current status. "We can put everything in my room then head out. " He suggested. "I'd be glad for some company. I didn't know anybody else lived here, really, except for Helotes. I don't go upstairs much, though...and I'm not really fond of knocking on doors. Didn't want to disturb anyone" He pointed around to the other side of the building, beginning to pad in that direction.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

just so you are aware, i work a seventy hour week on, then a week off. so when i don't reply for more then a day, it's because i am working ten hour nightshifts. i am on days off tho now.

As he accepted her offer, she grinned again and looked ahead, following him as he walked to the other side of the building. " I would love for you to help, personally I think we need to conjur a wagon or something to hold bricks from Halifax, but Myrika seems to know what she is doing. I just thought it up and asked her for help. " She said with a smile, she was making more friends! How wonderful. " Well, she is very nice. She showed me how to do some basic leather working stuff, and I think besides Vesper she is my only friend. " She said, this time her voice somewhat sad.

The woman was very social, and was pretty lonely. She didn't see Vesper or Myrika as much as she liked, and besides a few acquaintances there wasn't much for her to do. All she could do was wait for her lynx kits and try to get promoted. " I don't know who Helotes is, but I know Omni and Jacinto live there, a few doors down from my room. Omni introduced herself while I was spring cleaning. " She said fondly, remembering the pregnant female. She figured the other female had given birth, and she bet the puppies were beautiful. What a blessing to the two mates.

It had gotten quiet, and Emma didn't like that. The yearling wasn't one to just ramble about herself, but it seemed she had done just that. " What sort of things do you like to do? This books must relate to something. How long have you been here? I just recently joined, still a newbie. Do you have any aspirations with ranks? " The blonde beauty asked, her speech coming out quickly, and eagerly.

<style type="text/css">
.emmoww b {font-weight:bold; color:#883a2b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #464347;}
.emmoww .ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center;}
.emmoww p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px 0px;}
.emmoww {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#dbd3de; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6hVg4.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; padding:10px 0px 210px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#464347; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; border-radius:15px;}
</style>
[/html]