These rumors must be..just rumors...
She had left Ookami's side wanting to do this on her own, granted she missed her 'mate', but Adonia didn't know how long the two could last as loners. Being already this close to New Dawn she thought she would check them out first. She was told they were hostile, but she in a way let her curiosity get the better of her.

Her body moved smoothly through the territory outside of the New Dawn claimed lands, her two-toned blue eyes stayed clear and alert as she picked up the strong scent of the pack markings. Her ears perked with extreme intent. She prepared for any aggressive advancement that came from the pack as she came upon the border. Cautiously she made sure her body language remained neutral just in case a member showed up before she stepped foot into the pack's zone. She stopped before she could be considered passing the borders. Her heart raced but she didn't show it, she just remained on high alert. She knew that Ookami may show up any moment, that was if he decided not to allow her to go on her own. After going over in her mind the possible scenarios she let her head lift while her ears simultaneously laid back. A low deep howl reverberated through her throat calling for the authority, or any pack member that was meant to see newcomers. She didn't know how this pack functioned, but she hoped this pack was nothing like the rumors, or anything comparative to Inferni as it seemed to be bunched with them as a 'dangerous' pack.

Her muzzle dipped down and she let her ears once more become alert. Her clear blues continued to stay wide as they picked up on any motion; ears listened for any sound; nose picked up any fresh hint of wolves. She was ready, and she was prepared for the worse.

ooc: Dated for March 3rd
WC: 343
OOC: Hi Smile

[html]

Zalen had been higher in the rocky footlands of New Dawn territory that day, he had done so to get a better view of the lands. The pack had recently expanded, but the new territory they had claimed was still wild and untouched, and he wanted to see it from way up here. From this high place he could see the ocean, and it was a sight to behold. He had stayed there for a while, when the sudden alert calls of far off crows pointed him to a small moving speck just outside the territory. Besides this lone canine, there did not seem to be any else, and though he was nearly a half an hour's journey away, he decided to head down to see what the individual may want, if anything.

The trek down from the rocky places was slow going, the black male making sure to set his paws carefully, he could not risk a sprained ankle or broken bone. Finally though, his feet found grassy, level ground, and he took this oppurtunity to bound through the meadows and broken forests toward the border. As he did this, a low, and throaty howl echoed out before him, and he quickened his pace. As he neared, he could smell the individual on the wind, it was a female, and soon she came into view. She looked somewhat nervous, yet curious, and he trotted up to her slowly, but made sure to give her space. She had just called him, so he did not want to seem forward and frighten her with his sudden appearance.

He turned his body so that his left side was facing her, a non-aggressive show, yet his posture was dominant, as always, "Hello there!" He barked out in greeting. He wondered what she may have to say and if she was here to join. She seemed fit, spry, even though there was a hint of dog in her, it was hardly noticeable, much like Jiva's appearance; Zalen thought nothing of it, this girl was obviously a wolf.

[/html]
ooc: Smile 'Ello!

IC:

It didn't take long for someone to show, and judging by his posture and attitude he was alpha. The way he postured reminded her of her father's pack in Greece, she could relate to how he moved and spoke. Adonia remained in a neutral posture. She didn't want to upset him. Already she felt the coyote she had talked to was wrong, this male didn't seem at all aggressive...so far.

"Hi," her voice carried a calm, but cautious tone, "...my name is Adonia Demos. I am originally from Ichika no Ho-en, but had left months ago and am now a loner. Were you familiar with Nayru and Raziekel?" It was an odd way to start the conversation, or so she felt, but she wanted to layout all the cards for him. She went on adding more to what she had said, "I have recently been saying around the Shoal and noticed the scent of this pack. I was told to avoid this area as someone had told me the pack was unfriendly, but so far I don't see it. Perhaps you know of the canine. She goes by the name Evera? I think she's full coyote..." Her ears began to relax from their full alert position as she herself began to relax. She didn't remain cautious wondering if others would join their alpha. Of course, she knew none would take aggressive action unless their alpha directed so, and if one did without direction...well surely the alpha would punish the aggressor.

There was more to be said to the black male, but for now she had said all she could until she heard all of what he had to say. Her eyes remained on him, but didn't meet his eyes directly. If this pack was as primitive as her father's she knew direct eye contact would be an act of aggression, and that wasn't the road she wished to take. Still she did look at him. He was much larger than her, as most males were, he seemed well built and strong, as a leader should be. She could respect him, but she still wanted to see if how he acted.

In truth despite what she heard she still wanted to see this pack for herself. She wanted to keep her options opened, and if this pack was this close to Ichika, surely it wasn't that bad, right? Maybe it was all a misunderstanding between the coyote and this pack. If that was the case, maybe this would be the pack for her and maybe Ookami, if he chose to follow her.
[html]

Word Count 398 :: sorry bout the wait.

The girl seemed friendly, even at his sudden appearance and he wagged his tail in a continuous swinging motion as she spoke. It seemed she was a former Ichika member now loner, and that New Dawn had caught her attention, as she was living nearby. She asked him if whether or not he knew Nayru and Razekiel and he nodded his head, Well met, I am Zalen, Alpha of New Dawn. I only had the pleasure of meeting Nayru, she was a beautiful and gracious leader. However, both her and Razekiel have left now under mysterious circumstances, and the current leader of Ichika is a woman named X’yrin, who I am very close friends with. It was true that his relationship with X’y was beginning to become more than just diplomatic, and be believed the friend they were forming would mean good things for both New Dawn and Ichika.

Then, Adonia as she named herself, mentioned that she had heard rumors that New Dawn was an unfriendly pack, and Zalen couldn’t help but snuff out in a faux sneeze and shake his ruff. What was with these rumors about them? First Saluce and now this girl? It seemed there were some out there that wished to slander New Dawn’s name, for what reason he could not say. But then, the wolfdog female mentioned a name, the name of a female coyote, and his eyes widened. Evera? Where had he heard that? Oh yes, on the lips of Shadowfang as he had held Terra’s injured body; Evera had been one of Terra’s other identities. How ironic that she had been the one slandering New Dawn, and now she lay resting and healing within its womb, having become nothing but a rotting corpse had it not been for his grace. How ironic indeed.

Zalen turned from his thoughts to look at Adonia again, choosing not to mention Terra outright, If you heard such things from a coyote, perhaps she was just upset with the fact that we are a wolf pack and therefore do not accept their kind into the fold. But I assure you, we do not wish ill against coyotes or any other race, it seems that some just lack thick skin. He couldn’t help but harbor a bit of bitterness in his tone. He wondered how Terra would treat them now that they had saved her life.

<style type="text/css">
.z2 b {font-weight:bold; color: #eaf3f7; letter-spacing:1px; }
.z2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #eaf3f7;} .z2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.z2 {margin:0px auto; width:408px; background-color:#6d717a; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... zalen2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.z2 b:before {content:open-quote;}
.z2 b:after {content:close-quote;}
</style>[/html]
She was surprised at how friendly the alpha was, and to learn that he knew of what had happened with Nayru and Razekiel. She wasn't sure if Ichika could have be her home again but she was sure she could consider this place a home. Her two toned blue eyes reflected a distance as she went into thought. He was friends with the new leader, so that meant New Dawn and Ichika were on good terms. She wasn't sure if that was a good thing or bad thing, would that affect her ability to join here? She hoped Ichika had nothing ill to say of her, most likely no one even noticed her disappearance. She seemed to come back to a more alert state as he spoke of the coyote subject. She herself felt neutral about coyote's and wasn't sure how she felt about being part of a pack that didn't accept coyote's. Really, it seemed more natural. If she remembered right, that was how her father's pack was. They weren't happy that her father mated with a wolfdog, still they accepted her and her brother. Her brother more as he seemed to appear more wolf than her.

"Well, I have to admit I probably don't have the thickest of skin, but I don't take offense to a pack that only accepts wolves..." Did that mean she couldn't join? It was what she suddenly thought. Ookami could join, but as for herself...

"I am glad to see this pack isn't as I've been told, but I would like to learn more.." Her ears perked in hope that she could indeed learn more of the pack's ways and feelings on those not fully wolf. If this pack was how she began to think of them; a classic pack. The way wolves lived before luperci took over. Maybe she could join despite her part dog bloodline, though it wouldn't be the first time her dog heritage held her back.
[html]

Word Count :: 261.

She seemed deep in thought for a moment and he let her be in silence. The thoughts of others were important to him, and sometimes and individuals silence told more about them than their words could. He had learned this even more as of late, having had spent that time with X’yrin where not a word was uttered between. Spoken word, of course, was not the most natural of things but had become more important as the more modern lives of the Luperci had developed. Zalen was sure there was a time when wolves hardly spoke to each other at all, and though those days were long past, he still found the idea of it intriguing.

Finally though, the girl spoke again, saying that she might not have the thickest skin either and Zalen nodded his head sagely with a slight smile. But then he realized that her statement had had a mixed message, and he wondered if she thought that perhaps her dog heritage barred her entrance from joining. Therefore, when she asked to know more about New Dawn, he was happy to oblige her, You’re more than welcome to ask any questions you’d like, and also know that if you decided to join us you would have a spot in the pack. I know how difficult it is to be a loner, having been one myself until I founded New Dawn. he hoped this might clear up any confusion she had, though he still did not know if joining New Dawn was her intention, perhaps she was just curious.

<style type="text/css">
.z2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #eaf3f7;} .z2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.z2 {margin:0px auto; width:408px; background-color:#6d717a; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... zalen2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
There was silence between the two and in a way she liked that he didn't act pushy for her to talk or expect her to speak. Adonia found that peaceful. Really, she wasn't one for words. Don't take it the wrong way, she could talk, but she preferred to be silent. When she did speak, Zalen seemed to take it in like a sponge and responded in the most kindest of ways. It was a nice relief to know her dog heritage didn't hinder her from coming in if she chose to be a part of this pack. There was still much she wanted to know first. She thought of a way to ask her question. She wanted to know how the pack's system went, like their rankings and how the pack operated. She knew very little about the pack only that it was supposedly not friendly. Finally, she figured it best to speak how her mind thought it. One of the many reasons she didn't speak much was because she never could quite word how she felt, or how she wanted to say things. They always came out wrong....or so she thought.

"How does the pack system work? From most of the things I gathered, the systems in the packs around here were different...unique I guess you'd say. Is your pack system unique?"

She thought she'd ask one question at a time, but really that was her most prominent question as of now. The next thing she wanted to know was how stringent the system was. Were they expected to be completely submissive to the leader, or were they free to be themselves as long as they gave the leader respect. Granted she didn't see that in Zalen, but she was an outsider, maybe he was different to his pack mates.
[html]

Word Count 269:: OOC.

She had more questions and Zalen took the opportunity to take a seat on the cool, grassy ground as she asked. This one did not seem a threat, and her questions were curious and not at all as if she were a spy. So Zalen relaxed, becoming the very image of tranquility as she asked about how New Dawn was set up. It was a fair question, one that made a lot of sense to ask in the paradigm that was Nova Scotia. Zalen was sure there were other places in the world where the question would have seemed silly, because what was the point of a plethora of hierarchy systems anyway? But Zalen knew that it was not the case here, so he was glad to answer.

New Dawn remains built as wolf packs of the past have been; Alphas lead, subordinates follow. Leaders are leaders for a reason, so it is expected they be shown respect. Everyone is born with innate abilities and these abilities determine where one is placed within the ranks; those who have the appropriate skills become hunters, others look after the young. It is simple, but it is how it has always been. He hoped this wasn’t very cryptic, but he had found that after having learned the human written word his own speech had become much more poetic.

Zalen then shifted his stance against the ground, You say you live nearby. Alone? Why is it that you suddenly have become curious of us? It wasn’t an accusatory question, but he himself was as curious about Adonia as she was of New Dawn.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
She smiled a little knowing just what he meant by the system. So, it was much like the pack she had been born in, but she wondered how strict it was. Still she felt like she could be comfortable with the hierarchy of the pack, would Ookami be as well? She thought that would be a question for him when the time came, but for now, she thought about Zalen and his pack. "Sounds much like home...where I was born.." She hoped that been in a pack where things were very human-like hadn't destroyed her natural behaviors. So this meant no farm, no cattle, no horses. But what of her horse...she had left her at Ichika, was she still there? If so, hopefully she was well cared for. Zalen started to ask her questions and she smiled again.

He looked relaxed and so she became more at eased as well, "I was alone for a long time. I was searching for my mate. It was why I had left Ichika, but while I was gone, it had changed. Recently, though, my mate found me. He found me when I was talking to Evera, the coyote. She was telling my about the other packs around Nova Scotia. I hadn't thought I would ever found him, and I knew I couldn't make it on my own. I needed a pack. Ookami, my mate, I think wanted to go back to Ichika, but it hasn't been the same since it is no longer Phoenix Valley. It just doesn't feel like home to me...so, I thought I would check out nearby packs to see what feels right...what feels like home...if you know what I mean?"

Talking so much had seemed to exhaust her a little bit. It was so weird that lately she was able to be so open to others. Maybe it was that she was becoming more mature. She was no longer a young adult, but an adult. Was that so possible? She never could recall talking so much to anyone in Nova Scotia, not even Ookami got nearly a whole speech from her. "..if...if my mate wanted to come...could he? He is all wolf.." Her eyes looked at him with a hopefulness and a bit of a plea. "I could call for him..he's probably near Pictou River somewhere...it's where we've been staying..close to the falls really.."
[html]

Word Count 258:: OOC.

He watched as the girl seemed to drift off into memories, and she even mentioned that New Dawn reminded her of where she was born. Zalen couldn’t help but smile at that, he liked the idea that others were like him, coming from classic wolf packs and seeking similar packs out. She also told him of her search for her mate, her speaking with Terra, and how Ichika had changed from the pack it once was. Zalen nodded in understanding, he knew it was a difficult thing to be expecting to return somewhere only to find that it had changed into something that was no longer home.

Then, tentatively, Adonia asked him if she decided to join whether or not her mate could come along. Of course, he said, We are glad to have mated couples in New Dawn. Currently my mate and I are the only ones, and we are so hoping for puppies come spring time. Zalen had hoped that his members would pair up, but it seemed as if this was slow in coming. Augustus and Ciara looked promising, but they hesitated, still unsure of their true feelings. Zalen couldn’t help but let out a small sigh; it might be longer than he had hoped until puppies came along.

Then, turning back to Adonia, You may call him, I would like to meet him. He gave her a smile. He was indeed curious, for he wondered what kind of wolf Ookami was, and if he would also be a good addition to New Dawn’s ranks.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
ooc: Smile

IC:

She was feeling quite comfortable around Zalen, and it made her both happy and slightly nervous being that she had just met him. In truth, she couldn't wait to get to know everyone in the pack, and she hoped that Ookami would feel as she did. He didn't seem to push her around, and he came off as laid-back. When his answer came to her about Ookami, her tail couldn't help but wag and her eyes lite up causing her ears to perk in excitement. She drew in a breath at the sounds of puppies. Puppies were so cute, "That is good news about the puppies. Congratulations when they arrive" He seemed to go into a silent remorse for a second, like maybe something bothered him for a moment, but it was fleeting and he again brought his attention to her. A smile seeming to stay on her muzzle, "Thank you, and I hope he hears me..and is prompt.." She hoped he was very close. She made herself into a comfortable seated position before she let her head lift as a slighter higher pitched howl came out for her mate. It was long so it would carry a little more in hopes of Ookami catching it, and understanding the message that was meant for him.

It faded smoothly at the end as she lowered her head from her howl, and her eyes opened to look back to Zalen. She then lowered herself down slowly into a laying position, leaning down to her left hip while her head went into her paws. If it wasn't obvious by her body language, she planned on making this her home, and hopefully Ookami would feel the same way. It was quick really, she hadn't checked out any of the other packs, but this one. This place, it felt right. It felt like home. "...I'm quite excited..." She said as her bright eyes looked over to the ebony alpha. "...this place feels so comfortable...I hope Ookami feels the same way.."
Ookami had been laying around when he had heard Adonia's call. He knew she was out, and he had started to worry about her, but her call had no sound of distress within it so he just smiled. Still, he was going to hurry up and get there, she may really need him, even if she wasn't in danger. Standing up, he shifted into his Lupus form, the one he was most comfortable with. When he was finished he started at a gentle lope, towards her call.

His speed went up eventually, but when he was in close range of his mate, he returned to just a trot. She came into view soon, along with a dark male. He took in their scents, this must be a pack. He hadn't really been paying attention to where he was going, so he didn't know which one. It didn't really matter though.

His eyes went straight to Adonia like glue, a gentle smile coming onto his golden face. "Hello love." He nuzzled her as he walked right up to her, smiling gently. His gaze found the Alpha and he dipped his head. "Hello, I am Ookami." He smiled kindly, as he looked at Adonia again, he realized how relaxed she was, and so he relaxed himself.
[html]

Word Count 213:: OOC.

Zalen couldn’t help but blush under ebony fur when she mentioned puppies. Sadly, he and Titania were not yet expecting, her being too young yet, though she was ever growing. But he said nothing about it, for he himself was still hoping that by the time she was ready they would be pregnant.

Adonia called out for her mate and then laid down slowly before Zalen and the Alpha wagged his tail at her. He smiled as she mentioned how comfortable it felt here, Good, I feel the same way, and I believe the other do too. It really is a wonderful place to live. And he then laid down before her too, letting his tongue loll out as he softly panted.

It did not take long for Ookami to arrive and Zalen stood as he strode up to them. He was a stunning wolf with golden fur, a color that Zalen hadn’t seen often. The male greeted his mate first before genuflecting to Zalen and he nodded in greeting, Hello Ookami, I am Zalen. Your mate Adonia told me that you two would like to join New Dawn. I am more than glad to accept you, if you agree. He smiled, tail waving behind him like a flag in a harsh breeze.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Her head rose with a start and turned to the sound of paw-steps on the earth. She was surprised at how fast her mate came to her call. She rose to a seated position as she let her ears roll back when he approached and a light heat came to her cheeks as he showed his affection for her in front of another. Her eyes soft and shining with love for him. Her mind recalling the events from a few nights ago, but she pushed that away and refocused on what was at hand. Zalen's voice cutting in after Ookami's introduction. She looked over to the alpha and then back to Ookami trying to gauge his reaction. "..I know I really didn't talk too much about my intentions on joining a pack...and being this is the first one I did check out, I hope I'm not being too bold in thinking you'd like to join with me. I just felt so comfortable here after Zalen and I talked...it feels like home to me.." Her ears remained back, as her head lowered again keeping her eyes on Ookami.

She felt perhaps speaking for him was bold, but that was also why she called for him. She looked to Zalen for a moment as she fell silent letting them now speak, and allow Ookami to find out for himself if this would be a pack he would like to join.
He smiled at the Alpha, Nice to meet you Zalen." His explanation surprised Ookami a bit, but when Adonia explained he only smiled, a small chuckled escaping his lips. "Definitely not being bold Adonia. Of course I want to join you!" He grinned as she said home. This could be home. The thought fit nicely in his mind. He glanced back up to Zalen. "We would both love to join.." He grinned at him.

He had to decide what he wanted to do to pull his weight in the pack. Sing? Hunt? He was good at both of them... Whichever positions the pack had open, he would try them out. He smiled happily at the two as he waited to see what would happen next.

sorry for the shortness<33
[html]

Word Count 153:: I pped you guys at the end just so we could close this out. Sorry on how ridiculously long it took -_-‘

Both seemed like fine additions to the back and Zalen then went over and bumped heads with both of them, I’m honored to have you both in New Dawn, you will surely add to our society and family. I welcome you both. He smiled, his tongue passing just beyond his teeth in an innocent façade. Then, with a sudden joyous and playful bounce Zalen moved away from the pair, Come! Let me show you the den and the others; they will be glad to meet you both!

The three wolves then turned inward towards the territory and made their way to the heart of the pack lands. Soon, the mouth of the communal den came into view, and others were milling about and came and greeted the three with smiling faces and wagging tails. Zalen was more than overjoyed, and went to celebrate the new arrivals with a long kiss to his mate.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
Rest now, traveler, for you are home.

Your brothers and sisters welcome you to New Dawn!

Congratulations! You no longer stray from the path and have returned to life as a true wolf. You do not have to face this world alone, and now may rely on the wisdom of your pack to guide you.

• Take a moment to check out our Game and the Moons to see how you can start collecting rewards.
  • Remember to study your new realm by reviewing the Map and Territory Guide so you may know the land in which your family thrives. Do not be afraid to travel anywhere within the borders of New Dawn.
  • Please read about our Culture and take a moment to review our Policies so you are best equipped to live as a true wolf.

If you have any questions or concerns you may always seek your alphas' guidance by contacting Nat (Zalen Damaichu) or Nuki (Titania Moonsong). Feel free to start posting in your new home immediately, or if you would like to plan a thread you may poke your muzzle around in Thread Requests or Open Threads!

[/html]