Exit Stage Right
[html]

OOC Mar 3

Terra ached all over. Waking up she could still smell blood all around her. The settings were unfamiliar, and everything from yesterday after the cougar attack was a blur. She didn't remember much of anything, except being found and that there was a lot of aggression. She wasn't even sure who it was being aggressive. Terra looked around warily. She was in a rather spacious area. Her wounds had been cared for, leaving Terra to wince as she tested the restraints. Her leg was definitely broken, a huge problem. Sighing she settled back down, only to freeze as the scent of the den finally permeated her nose. She was in New Dawn.

She had to get out! Augustus had made the pack's position on coyotes and trespassers far too clear the last time they had met. Terra wanted nothing to do with the vicious pack. As fast as she could Terra stood up, almost toppling over as she realized how badly damaged her leg was. She wouldn't be able to use it whatsoever. Gritting her teeth Terra limped out of the den, wincing as the wound on her side split a little. A tiny stream of fresh blood rolled out, but she kept moving. It was a slow process, moving towards the borders. At least she'd put the den behind her, the scent of the borders now filling her nose. She was on the wrong side, and would soon correct that.

<style type="text/css">
.tricksterra b {font-weight:bold; color:#bc0c00; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 1px;}
.tricksterra p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.tricksterra {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#2f0000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yqX4Z.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:305px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:11px; color:#ba893a; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.tricksterra p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.tricksterra p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC text | WC :: +000

Forgot already that I promised that no one would harm you as long as I was looking out for you. I knew you were the tricky type when you failed to give me your real name, but that doesn't mean my promise isn't valid. I swore i would protect you and I will. The voice came from above in a tree and then Shadow hopped down lightly and landed in the snow without making much of a sound. He crossed his arms and looked to her wounds and to her face hoping she would remember him by his smell and hopefully his voice and looks. He smiled lightly as he kneel'd down and looked her in the eyes, and only kindness and a type of brotherly quality was in them.

Terra....you are in no shape to be moving around and traveling, especially when your wounds haven't even healed, a cat will pick up your trail and you'll be forced to fight again and this time around, you wont survive. You should rest here...I have been watching over you since the beginning, Zalen has order that I be the one to watch you, your my responsibility and I wont let you get into anymore trouble. Until your well that is.

Shadow chuckled at that last part and watched Terra carefully, judging her movements and the pain on her face. He knew she was in bad shape and it was like her to try and hide it. He opened his arms and motioned with hi hands for her to come closer so he could hug her but he wouldn't push it, knowing what she thought about the pack. " Shadow...have to leave. They'll kill me..." He remembered those words and knew that they would not happen as long as he was around to protect his friend.

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!' Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Terra startled as a voice came from the sky. Her hind leg was dropped down, immediately sending a wave of pain from her. Gingerly she picked it back up, listening as he spoke. Shadow dropped from a tree, bringing a sad smile to her face. So he had joined New Dawn. That was a disappointment. Digging through yesterday's memories Terra shook her head. I'm afraid most of yesterday is a blur to me. She listened as Shadow pointed out the obvious. She was in no shape to travel, but it wasn't just cats she was worried about. Another canine could take her out too, deciding to rid the world of one more pesky coyote.

A light chuckle slipped through her at Shadow's words of her getting into trouble. She certainly was the type for it. No matter what the circumstances were though, Terra had to leave. Stepping over to where Shadow was she nuzzled into his dark fur, letting his arms envelop him. You really stand out here, you know that? I can't imagine someone as gentle as you living here. She pushed herself back, and Terra gazed back towards the horizon. I can't stay though. Whether or not you will protect me, you're not very high ranked, and I'm sure that there are those in this pack who would hurt me. I don't want you injured because I was foolish. Besides, I made a promise. I have to be back in time.

<style type="text/css">
.tricksterra b {font-weight:bold; color:#bc0c00; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 1px;}
.tricksterra {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#2f0000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yqX4Z.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:305px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:11px; color:#ba893a; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

The pack isn't what you have heard....Yes there are those in it that hate coyotes but Zalen the alpha does not hate them. Nor do I. You are safe here with me, At least give yourself another day and night of rest. If your not well enough to travel by then, then I'll carry you to where you have to go, on my back if i have to.

Shadow smiled as he nuzzled her lightly into the scruff of her neck and he licked her ear gently trying to calm and ease her worries. He slowly let her go from the hug and he looked to her leg and shook his head lightly.

You'll need to brace that leg if you want any hope of dancing again. I know you wouldn't be able to live without dancing around like you do. Please, come back with me and I'll get you some food and we can stop at a near by pond for a drink. Face it, I'm not letting to travel today, the least you can do is get something in your stomach and take a breather for another night, Please.

Shadow stood up, crossed his arms and looked down towards her as he was in his Optime form. He always prefers the Optime form for the climbing and improved acrobatics that were offered in the form but he could do well in hunting and killing in any of his forms, however having arms and being able to carry things made the form even more useful since he would probably need to carry Terra back to the den given her injuries.

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!' Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Terra listened, unbelieving of the words. What she thought and felt about the pack had nothing to do with what she had heard. Terra had heard very little about it, except that it was for wolves that preferred all fours, but she had had plenty of bad experiences. The alphess had lied to her, her friend had betrayed her, another had told her that she had to follow her leader, even if it meant that they might not be able to be friends. Hearing that Zalen didn't hate coyotes was hard for her to swallow, especially considering how he was the one that had molded the pain that she felt.

His gentle licks did help ease some of the tension from Terra's body, but she was still injured and unlikely to drop her guard until that had changed. She wanted to be back at her pack, where she felt safe and knew she could be cared for. Terra was dubious about how far their hospitality would be willing to go. Terra looked over at her leg as Shadow spoke. It was true, the leg was mangled. Whoever had fixed her up appeared to have done wonders with it as it wasn't nearly as twisted as Terra remembered. It looked like it might even actually heal properly, allowing her to move like she once did. Terra certainly wouldn't be able to bear it if she lost the ability to move like she did.

Sighing Terra nodded her head. Secretly she was wondering what the chances were of her slipping off once he went to get food. She didn't like being this weak, all her instincts screaming at her that she was an easy target, one that would get killed. The aggression imprinted on her mind from yesterday just seemed to confirm that. The cougar hadn't been the only one trying to kill her. At least, Terra thought so. She wasn't too clear on it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Shadow smiled down at her as she looked herself over and he slowly walked closer and he kneeled down and gently and without touching any sore spots picked her up and started to slowly walk back to the den of New Dawn. He looked down to her as she walked and he spoke lightly as if whispering to her.

Tell you what, I'll make you a deal. If you don't try to escape then I'll bring you back any meal of your choice. Heck if you wanted the pelt of a cat and it's meat I'll go and hunt down a cougar right now. What do you say? Will you let me help you? Oh and don't try to deny that you weren't thinking about sneaking off because i know better.

Shadow smiled as he saw the look of displeasure on Terra's face and he knew he had hit the nail on the head. His tail gently waved from right to left as he was feeling content having another friend near him. Shadow had thought that he might never see Terra again due to her nature and how often she moved, It must have been fate that brought them together. He nuzzled her neck and her ears lightly much like a older brother would do as if to say."Just give up, I'm protecting you now." Shadow after a little while reached the New Dawn den again and he looked down to Terra and whispered into her ear.

Don't worry, I would gladly be kicked from the pack if it meant your safety, Your a friend and i have my honor to uphold. No harm shall come to you.

He went into the den and walked with Terra in arms to the spot where he had been staying. It wasn't much, a few pelts here and there to keep ones self warm and it had been where he and Insomnia had been sleeping if they were in the den at all. Usually Shadow was out of the den and venturing out into the wild, hunting, tracking, gathering, he did lots and it wasn't because he had to, it was because he needed something to do. Peaceful life for an assassin was harder than Shadow thought it would be.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Shadow gently scooped Terra up. He seemed to know where each injury was, managing to not touch them. Nestled safely in his arms Terra nuzzled into his chest, breathing in the scent. Terra's ears drooped as Shadow said exactly what she was planning. It looked like she wouldn't be going anywhere. The offer was a good one, though Terra laughed at the offer of a cougar. I'd love to taste the cougar that did this to me, but I'm pretty sure it's already taken care of. Some fresh deer meat would be good though. Terra loved fresh meat, rarely tasting it due to her poor hunting skills. It was the whole reason she hadn't questioned eating from the moose, despite it being someone else's kill. She had to eat.

Her head was nuzzled, and Terra reached up, licking his muzzle. His words made her feel safe, like she could finally relax. Terra had no idea why Shadow had come to this pack, just that it felt like he was completely out of place. He would fit much better in the peace pack that she'd been trying to visit before the attack. Reaching a den lined with furs Terra sighed as she was lowered down. Carefully she settled down, making herself comfortable. Looking around Terra smirked. Trouble keeping out of mischief?

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Shadow chuckled about her comment with him staying out of mischief.

I much like yourself Terra, have lots of energy and need to keep moving and I like to help people so i travel and help all those who need it. The pack doesn't mind so much due to my actions of helping, it promotes peace between the packs and that's a good thing so I do it. Oh and don't worry, I'll get you Fresh deer so you can stuff your face and enjoy. It's no problem, I did offer so it fine.

Shadow wagged his tail lightly as he felt content being around a friend and almost family. He loved being with Insomnia due to her being his love and mate but he loved his family and friends as well and it did him good to be around those things, besides you never know when friends and family will be needed more than ever. Shadow looked her over and then he stood up and turned like he was leaving then he turned back and put of his hands smiling as he looked surprised.

Now...you wont try to sneak away will you....we have a deal? Deer for you staying, because if not then I'll kick your butt and you know i can.

He chuckled as he ran off to hunt down a Deer for his sister so that she could get some much needed food and energy into her system.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Terra listened as he mentioned what he did in his spare time. It was a lot more constructive than what Terra did, running around causing trouble. Terra just wasn't someone who helped others. She could, but that didn't mean it was a natural part of her. Seeking amusement was more her way of dealing with things. It was ridiculous with all the dangerous things she did that Terra would be beaten by a cougar of all things because she had been eating at some kill. She hadn't even taunted it!

Shadow whipped around just when she thought he was leaving. She laughed, sending her coughing from the damage to her ribs. You wouldn't hurt a poor innocent coyote, would you? Terra smirked, knowing that the only part of that that applied to her was being a coyote, the rest having never truly applied to the mischievous creature. Terra made a big show of settling down, even managing to yank a pelt partway on with her teeth. I'm not going anywhere. Been a long while since I ate fresh deer.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Shadow turned once more and was about to run off but he thought about something and then he looked over his shoulder and smiled as he spoke.

Whats your favorite type of pelt? and do you prefer a hood or no hood?

Shadow was going to run off and get her some fresh deer and it at all possible he would bag more than that for the rest of the pack as well, but what Terra didn't know was that he was gonna make her something that she could use to better stay warm in the cold and offer her a little extra protection when she needed it. When shadow got her answer to his random questions he turned away and ran like the wind out of the area and then he came to a hill and he jumped and while he was high he shifted and managed to shift to his Secui form and he did it before landing and then once he landed he pushed himself and ran deep into the forest to look for the deer for Terra and the pack.

(Time Lapse)

After about an hour and a half Shadow was seen walking back into the den carrying a buck and a doe one on each shoulder and he had a smile on his face. He barked happily to a den sister and placed the buck down as he told her that it would be for the Pack and then he brought the smaller doe to Terra near where his little sleeping area was. Shadow placed the doe down gently in front of Terra and sat down cross legged as he crossed his arms and motioned with his muzzle for her to dig in.

Don't worry about the one who killed it eating first, I got it for you so you could try fresh deer so here it is, have at it. He saw the look in her eyes and he chuckled seeing the hunger and thanks in them, Shadow really thought of her as his sister even if she herself didn't think the same, so he wanted to make sure and take care of her while he could because he knew she would be leaving and that he wanted her to at least go happy, knowing that she had Shadow as a friend.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

OOC here. /+000

One more time Shadow turned around. She looked at her brother in disbelief, wondering what he could possibly want now. The question was a strange one, and Terra looked at him questioningly. She considered it for a moment before coming up with the pelt she'd always envied and enjoyed watching. Black bear pelt! With the gold flecks in it. They weren't really golden, but a cinnamon color that glinted in the light. Terra always had liked that color. Um...like hoods? She wasn't sure what a hood was, but getting one sounded nice.

As soon as she answered Shadow vanished, moving rapidly out of sight. Without him there Terra immediately felt exposed, pulling herself in as small as she could get. Twisting her head Terra licked at her wounds, wondering if they were any better now. The licks soothed some of the itch, though it tore open a couple scabs that had started forming. Sighing she sunk her head down. Carefully she moved herself further back, dragging the pelts with her. Tucking her head under her tail it looked like Shadow had simply acquired a new fox pelt. Hopefully that would keep curious visitors away.

She was asleep when Shadow returned. His voice speaking outside had Terra untangling. A fresh deer was dropped before her. Mouth watering she glanced up at him. As soon as he gave the go ahead Terra tore into it. Large chunks of the deer vanished down her throat. Blood splattered slightly as she didn't take the time to eat calmly. She had to slow down after the first quarter of the deer was eaten, and was done at halfway, unable to eat anymore. Stretching up Terra neatly licked the blood from her body, careful not to hurt her injuries.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Shadow waited till she was finished eating the heck out of the Deer and then he had at it. Once he was done he looked to Terra and smiled as he cleaned the blood off his muzzle and spoke cheerfully.

Poor deer didn't know what hit it, if I was a deer and I saw how you attacked your prey I would have run for the hills and never returned.

He gave a hardy laugh and relaxed as he patted his stomach lightly knowing that the tank was fool and that he would be able to sleep very well tonight. Shadow looked her over and spoke kindly as he lay back while his tail was gently moving behind him.

Okay so now that you have gotten your deer, I think we should sleep and if you are well enough to travel tomorrow then great and if not, well i guess I'll have to come with you. What do you say? you think you are up to travel with me again? And don't worry about not being able to keep up, I'll carry you if I have to little coyote.

He smiled as he shifted from his Optime form to his Lupus form and he stretched after word due to it being a while since he took that form and then he curled up near Terra and he grabbed a Pelt with his teeth and tossed it over himself and he nodded to her as he lowered his head onto his paws and closed his eyes letting the night take him and sleep as well.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Once she was done with the deer Shadow took it and finished it off. His eating was much more tidy, not starving like she was. Terra never had finished off that meal she'd started with the moose. Shadow's words brought a smile from her face. She wasn't ferocious in any depiction of the word, being far too small to frighten anything. Prey were prey though, and scared easily. Terra had entertained herself once by finding a single solitary rabbit and driving it towards the warren, enjoying watching it panic at the presence of an unknown rabbit.

Terra settled so that she was more comfortable, watching as Shadow shifted into lupine form. As soon as he was Terra made her way over, burying her nose into his coat. Comfortable Terra sighed, listening to his words. She knew she wasn't well enough to travel, and wouldn't be for at least a month. That didn't matter though. She was going to go home. I think the worry will be if you can keep up with me. Her words were soft as he drifted into sleep. Soon after Terra followed, only occasionally disturbed by a nightmare, reliving yesterday.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Night turned into day and as the sun rose Shadows ears flicked lightly as his body came to life. He smiled at seeing Terra cuddling into his fur and he reached over with his nose and lightly nuzzled her neck and spoke softly to try and get her up as gently as possible.

Hey Terra, it's morning and it's time to see if you will be able to travel. Come on sleepy head, get up.

Shadow stood up and stretched as he looked to Terra and when she started to move and stretch as well he gave a approving whine and nuzzled her again seeing that she moving and even looked a little better than she had the night before. His tail started to wag from left to right and he sat down on his haunches and watched her closely, studying her face and movements for any sign of pain or attempts of hiding any.

He knew that most likely her one broken leg would be giving her a little trouble but truth be told he planed on traveling with her regardless if she was okay or not. He wanted to venture out and see more places so traveling with a friend of course would be better than traveling alone. Once she was up and trying to move around he nodded at her and smiled as he looked towards the mouth of the den.

Looks like I'll be traveling with you after all. Be sure to keep up or I'll leave you behind.

Shadow chuckled lightly as he made his joke and then he looked towards her and asked still with a smile on his face.

So you have something to do before we go or shall we be off?

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Terra was sure Shadow was trying to be gentle, but the nuzzle into her injured scruff brought her awake with a small cry, hurting a little from the touch. Everything felt stiff. It was worse than yesterday. The pain might have been more acute, but at least Terra had been able to move. It felt like her body had decided that the best way to keep her from harm was to settle down and not allow her the flexibility to move. Carefully she shifted around, stretching out the stiffness and wincing slightly as the wounds proved to only be slightly better.

Determined not to reveal how weak she was Terra stretched herself out. Slowly she plodded around the room, gently testing her limits. Her body was far from ready to travel, but at least it appeared she would be able to hobble a short distance on her own at least. Automatically her body acclimatized to the injuries, shifting around to make her gait appear more natural, as if she wasn't injured. Up close it was obvious how much pain she was in, but if she was downwind and from a fair distance one wouldn't be able to tell. Terra grinned at his joke, and shook her head. I'm ready to go.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]