An Answer in the Red River
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ecrets.png); background-color:#C77133; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 400px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Anyone from the 'Rebound' topic that wanted to join in is free to do so. Next post will have scenery description. Promise.

Date: Feb. 23rd | Sunset

Form: Optime

Setting: Mysterious Forest

What would the world have been like had it chosen to fall around her? A dismal abyss of overbearing misery, or were such thoughts the melodrama of an ignorant mind that had yet to suffer the pain of abandonment til now? The latter would have felt more appropriate, at least then she would not have believed herself to be as self-pitying as she was now. And there had never been a reason to pity herself, to call upon the ancestors to woe on her loneliness. Such a thought was new to her, loneliness…isolation. Even away from her family she had not felt that way because in her mind there was nothing to miss when she was dismissed with their blessings and the wish for her prosperity. She hadn’t been faced with their backs but their assuring smiles and a few strains of a reluctant farewell but garbed in a wish for fortune. She’d never felt left…abandoned. She had never felt alone.

Yet, as she sat among the strange flora lost for a time within her own thoughts, she was glad for the experience despite how it pained her. As the blows of the Exultare taught her to withhold and defend, so would these wound toughen her hide and make her all the more resilient to them. Her role had changed and her adaptations would have to evolve alone with it. Since coming to these lands, she became aware with alarming expediency that she could not hold onto the ignorance she carried from the Nomads. She would be forced from henceforth to take this life now and meld it with the past, not left what was known and familiar blind her to the experiences that had transpired with more yet to come. But it was terribly difficult and pained her so. Even now with her renewed resolved, she felt the clench of her heart within her breast threatening to cripple her down to a weeping excuse.

It was a new pain that gripped her, one no physical blow could compare to. And yes, she tried to overwhelm the emotional ailment with a physical strike, again and again until her umber limbs throbbed and the flesh beneath their deep dark hues partly gave way to blood. Her attempt only served to drain her a little and mar the moss covered trunk she laid against with minute sprays of blood. She had failed to dismiss the pain in her heart, overbear the feeling of pain with that which was suffered by her hands. But it was futile…all of it. And like a pup taken by a tantrum she projected her frustrations to the canopy, or anguish, her confusion, and overall her anger came expelling from her maw in a horrid wail. Not a trace of her melodious tones were to be found so consumed by ill felt emotions.

Why, she questioned hoping her instinct would stir some answer. Why am I made to feel this way. I have don’t nothing wrong…. I have done what my Shepard would do, what my Father would do. I have followed the teaching and the discipline of the Exultare. But why… why must I be punished for doing so? What have I don’t wrong to feel like this…

000 words.

[/html]
300+[html]

Omg sorry for the wait :x I'm terribad. Also let me know if you want me to change anything. Typed on my phone so any out of place words are autocomplete making a fool of me.

The large, dark amber secui body of the Luna moved with surprising grace as the she-wolf stalked through dense forest of Arachnea's Revenge. Taking the paths less travelled Anann stealthily checked familiar hillsides were she had previously found small clusters of deer beds. She had to be stealthy for the deer chose such locations for the simple fact that it was far more difficult to sneak up on the flighty beasts when they could see you coming from the top or bottom of the incline. Her lupus form was perhaps better suited for such stealthy work, but the smaller and lighter form would have left her more susceptible to injury while hunting alone and taking such a risk would prove more foolish than stalking around in her hulking secui body.

Crossing over a more heavily travelled path the Luna detected an unexpected scent. The foreign smell caused her hackles to bristle slightly as instinct told her there must be a trespasser upon their lands; an issue they rarely had. Though after a fleeting moment Anann recognized it as that of X'yrin, the leader of Ichika that had come the day prior to stay for in Kingsbury for a short while. Jazper had introduced them, of coarse, but other than that Anann knew relatively little about the woman and her pack. Only what she had heard from Jazper and the dark Knight had sounded quiet smitten the way he had babbled on about her, though Anann could not be sure. As such she didn't know quite what to make of what to make of the other yet and just how biased Jazper's own opinions of her might be.

Anann decided to seize the opportunity and began following the scent as it cut its way through the forest. Once it started growing stronger and fresher Anann took a moment to switch to her preferred form. She had stood to her full height on two legs when an anguished cry cut through the canopy. It causes Anann to pause a moment. Perhaps now was not the best time and she considered heading back to the fort. However, she decided against it. If the problem was rooted in her own pack, however unlikely it might seem, she needed to know.

"X'yrin?" She called out as sue got close, but before she had caught sight of the other female. The smell of blood greeted her nose and a concerned look knitted over her features. "Is everything alright?" It obviously wasn't as Anann finally caught sight of her as she parted the underbrush and stepped into the clearing, but Anann wasn't one to pry. If X'yrin bid her to leave she would give her the privacy she desired.

<style>
.anann-d21 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.anann-d21 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.anann-d21 b {color:#8394da; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.anann-d21 {background-color:#343b58; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2939a8g.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #8394da; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#161925; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.anann-d21-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]