I know promises fade away
Bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
[html]
[/html]They saw the story through different eyes. Vesper’s words painted a different picture from the one Tayui had witnessed in the failed slave rescue attempt. Tayui would have never thought she could teach anyone anything again after she’d forsaken her tribe. It had been something she’d held so dear to her, so close to her heart, that she’d wanted to lose it. Tayui could not mourn the murder of her daughter if she did not suffer properly. Shadowed Sun was so long ago and being a mother felt like such a distant fantasy that Tayui had not considered being able to pick up the trade once more: teaching.

But it seemed as though Vesper had done more learning than Tayui had done teaching. It had been inadvertent at best and Tayui was fortunate that Vesper saw it as she did. Even though Tayui wanted to grimace and frown, Vesper pulled her out of her own self-misery with a lick to her ear. She wanted to giggle because it tickled and it felt so nice. She pulled her head back, out from the crook of Vesper’s neck so that she could speak without ingesting a mouthful of fur.

“I want to be your friend, too, Vesper,” she replied. “We’re even. We’re even and we’re friends,” she said. The last word came out as a long sigh. It felt like the first time she’d really breathed in a long time. She smiled, buried her head in Vesper’s neck, and brought one foreleg up to give the other woman a doggish hug.[html]
[/html]
[html]
sing, sing unto me the pleasure and pain

reveal to me the reasons my love's not in vain

Word Count → 233 :: Wheeee. <3 You can archive once you've read or post again or whatever you waaant. :3

Vesper had not truly understood the meaning of the word “friend” until she had reached Nova Scotia. She had been friends with perhaps one coyote, and she’d broken that relationship by becoming a one-time killer. It wasn’t until she’d met the wolves here, charming and beautiful, as well as realized what the members of her clan meant to her, that she’d understood. She’d gotten over her selfish, aloof nature to actually make friends.

And she could count Tayui as a dear one. She wasn’t sure if that was a logical conclusion or an emotional one, but she figured she couldn’t feel as warm as she did with just a stranger.

Wordless, she whimpered agreement and returned the canine embrace the best she could, nestling into her. She wasn’t used to being the one held in any situation, but she didn’t mind with Tayui. She allowed herself a moment to feel safe and secure, her eyes closed and her ears pressed to the beat of the white woman’s heart, and then she withdrew with a sincere smile and a wag of her tail.

“I should probably return to the clan,” Vesper said apologetically. “Like I said, though, you know where to find me.” She reached up to give the other a girlish lick on the nose, which was so much unlike her, but she smirked crookedly regardless. “Farewell for now, my devilishly dashing darling.”

vesper lupus by me; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vescute-box {}
.vescute {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vescute .words {font-size:37px; font-family: 'Reenie Beanie'; line-height:20px; padding:10px; text-align:center;}
.vescute p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescute p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vescute b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
[/html]Tayui exhaled slowly as she felt Vesper lean in to her touch. It was so nice feeling wanted, needed, or at least, just feeling like your existence right at that moment meant something. After a few moments, Vesper pulled away, murmuring words of apology. Tayui shook her head in reply – it was no matter, after all. They could see one another again and as a member of a pack, Vesper had duties to which to attend and Tayui understood that all too well. She was envious, really, that Vesper had somewhere to which to return. She just had empty forests and desolate shores.

Tayui grinned and then giggled impishly when Vesper licked her on the nose. It got worse when Vesper referred to her as a devilish and dashing darling. It was so silly that Tayui couldn’t keep the ridiculous grin off her face. She nodded in reply, still smiling, as she watched Vesper turn and then leave. She hoped it was only a farewell for now and that she would be seeing the coyote girl again. With that, she turned to take her own leave and head south. Maybe west, too. It didn’t really matter; she would go anywhere she needed. [html]
[/html]