[M] [AW] I never thought I'd be in bloom...
[html]

OOC WC|| 846

As her gaze met his he felt a shock from his tail to his toes, and he could not look away. His jaw dropped ever so slightly, and when he regained his composure did he break their stare, pausing to gaze at his toes. When he looked at her again there was a sheepish grin creeping across his muzzle. It widened and flushed out as he gained confidence and transformed until it looked more contented, warm, happy. He chuckled and shook his head gently then, amused at his own shyness. They were mates now, there was nothing to be fearful of. She was bound to him for better or worse. He reached his muzzle into her scruff, as she’d begun to do whenever she felt bashful. It turned into a nuzzle as he buried his nose deeper. He breathed in deep, inhaling her salty sweet aroma. Something in him was awakening, a deep ache in his lower body, but he ignored it, he just wanted to be close to her. She was so pure and innocent, he didn’t want to despoil that, not yet anyway. It served only to entice him further, to want something he could not have, or in this case, would not have. The young male would never admit that he was just as nervous about their coupling. He was in all sense a very masculine male, strong, stoic, and confident, but inexperienced. He knew little and less about love, only that he was in it, deeply in love…with her.

He withdrew when her voice sounded in reply. His ears perked and he was suddenly rigid, all his attention and thoughts were on her in those moments. Her voice was so soft, sincere and genuine, he felt his body ease once again. He was interested to hear that she’d been drawn to him from their very first meeting. She was seeking to join New Dawn, then. He remembered the way she looked to him then, and compared it to the way she looked now. She’d been so nervous, and he was afraid he had not helped in that regard. His stern countenance was not something most of New Dawn took in stride. He could be unsettling more often than not, intimidating, even, a wolf to fear, unapproachable. She was little more than a yearling then, new to the world around them, but now… She’d grown so much in the months that passed, changed, and proved to him that she had some strength deep inside. Beneath the shy maiden’s blushing façade she had a warrior’s heart, and an undying will. He thought her a child at first, naïve, another damsel in need of rescue, but she’d since then proven him wrong…so wrong.

His reverie broke as she continued. His eyes fell for a moment as she commented on his demeanor, his reluctance to speak of his past, to speak of his emotions and feelings. She was right about him, in every way. His heart sank a little to hear that he’d been so obvious, so transparent. It would wear on her, he knew. He’d have to let his burdens go, but now, now was not the time. She hungered for him. She wanted to know him inside and out. When she told him she wanted to know every part of him, he felt a strange twitch in his lower body. He couldn’t help but agree wholeheartedly. It took a few moments for the words to sink in, and a few more to calm the mounting urge to well, mount her. When the feeling finally subsided he dared to smile, wanly, but genuinely, and his tail beat a rhythm in the sand.

Her questions hit him then, and all movement ceased. It was his turn to cock his head and stare at her strangely. He gave it a rough shake, before attempting to reply. He opened his mouth to form the words when a breeze wafted her scent his way. It made him pause and clear his throat before attempting again. Why? He started his voice husky, laced with testosterone. Because there’s a strength in you, something that I’ve not seen in any other female… He paused and sighed, struggling to find the words, and preferably not idiotic ones. …and you’re…stunning… Another pause. When I saw you tonight, under the moon. I just knew. You had to be mine, never mind anything else, it’s not even because of… His voice trailed off, her heat was obvious to them both. You’re a great student, a great hunter. He was reminded of their fight with the cougar, how she’d continued the fight despite her injuries, despite the pain, everything. After we fought off that cougar, in the den. I was so, so worried about you. I just lost it. His words were halting, husky with emotion, the most he’d cared to show to anyone. He wasn’t sure how much of that night she remembered. I didn’t know what I’d do if I lost you. He quieted then and his gaze trailed to the shimmering waters before them.

<style type="text/css">
.moontr1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1b684; text-shadow:#1a1c0b 1px 1px 2px;}
.moontr1 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.moontr1 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#556b65; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/5dYlk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2e433d; padding:350px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#95ada7; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.moontr1 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.moontr1 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.moontr1 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]