danger to yourself
The pygmy woman had returned to the clan and yet her world had become quieter than ever. She had heard word of what had happened to Halo and while she felt privately that what goes around comes around all she could think of was the blind woman from her own past who was now merely a ghost. She had given her a name, given her scars to remember..but in a way she also had given her the will to survive far beyond what any other in her position would have been graced with. In that she knew at least in some way she didnot wish the ill that Halo had received upon the woman.

She sat upon the lowest branch of a massive oak while Timori hunted with Sup Sup in the field for mice and small fowl. She knew soon he would be considered old enough to go out into the clan lands by himself but Halo's own tragic events showed her that even the lands were not safe for their own young. She hated to think what would have happened if it had been one of Halo's own children or even Timori who had been caught among the enemy. She closed her eyes, shuddering at the idea before she opened those lilac grey orbs and stared into the distance at nothing and everything at once.

She hadn't really crossed lines with Helotes, the woman was still unsure of what lay between them. She was prickly and distant, afraid that he had in someway got what he wanted from her. She knew in a sense she was a rarity, a freak, but she wasn't sure if Helotes would boast of such things.. obviously it had got back to their leader about Halo so some male cometary had taken place there. Ezekiel had wanted her to find out where his loyalties lay, that had been one of the two assignments that she'd set upon the last moon.. and now if his heart was really in the right place and he did love her she knew there was only one way she would give herself to him and only him..and it would prove all in the end.

The mellow sunlight shimmered across her brown streaked hair as she sighed and turned her gaze towards the two creatures in the field, warring at who could bring in the most kills. With the noise they made she knew it was all for show but she couldn't help but smile a little.
[html]

Word Count ::408<3.

The rays of the sun shone through his eye-lids, causing his world to be nothing but warm blood red. He relished the feeling, the warmth on his dark fur. Opening them finally, his umber orbs scanned the world in front of him, all of it dappled in sunlight as he rested beneath a just budding tree. Spring was not yet here, but it was close, and with it endless possibilities. He was sure tomorrow would be cold once more, as the seasons fought over supremacy, so for today he decided he must not let it go to waste.

Getting up from his resting place, the Lykoi quickly made for a quick trot farther away from the mansion. He decided he might head towards Eden, to see if any of the wild flowers there had begun sprouting; he doubted it, but it would be a nice walk either way. Helotes had begun to amaze himself at how much he had calmed and matured after having come to Inferni; where once he had been a chauvinistic pig, now he felt he had become calm and cultured, a gentleman. But, he supposed with age came wisdom, him having recently achieved his fifth year. He felt that he still had many more to go, him being at the top of his prime years; he felt invincible, and now, he had the maturity and where withal to realize that it could just be the case.

He would not have stopped to daydream in the field had it not been for the strange and playful sounds that came to him. He took pause, eyes scanning the field until he saw the source of the commotion; it was Timori, and that cat who hated him, playing together as well as a puppy could play with a cat. But if they were here, that meant that…

And there she was, in a strange phase between chestnut and ginger, sitting in a tree. An immediate smile came to his face; how Zana loved trees, it was ironic that she so hated the creatures she seemed to take after; squirrels. He couldn’t help but chuckle a bit before turns on his feet to head towards her. They hadn’t spoken since the day he had brought her to the mansion, but he had made sure to give her as much space as she needed. But now, on this beautiful day, seemed like the perfect time to break the ice.

<style>
.helotescolor { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wouWX.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#000000; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:150px 0px 10px 0px; color:#bfbfbf; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #000000; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.helotescolor b {color:#BF0F0C; }
.helotescolor p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.helotescolor p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.helotescolor .quote { font-size:30px; font-family:times, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:left; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#000000; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 2px 2px 1px; }
.helotescolor b:before {content: open-quote;}
.helotescolor b:after {content: close-quote;}
</style>
[/html]
ooc: sorry I am horrid right now.. crunch time for con.. x.x.

ic:

While Zana didn't generally outright question their leader she found herself faced with another matter at hand as she watched the distant battles unfold between feline and canine. Her aquilla had dropped her high standing place in the ranks to one that left her feeling empty and unsure of herself. She had known where she belonged among the rank of spies and scouts...now she was in the ranks of the skilled and learners. She did not know what their leader wished her to learn or what his plans were for her anymore. She idly wondered if this was another test, like so many the man seemed to throw out among the clan like a fisher casting his net. She just knew she would continue to wonder what his plans were until she could prove herself to him once more.

Her sight might have been focused on the age of youth before her but her ears were twitching at the sounds of the field about them as she rested comfortably in the reaches of the oak. The soft padding of paws on the ground caught her attention as she let one ear swivel back to let the other know she had caught wind of the slight sounds they made. She was in luck for the winds were with her and the scent of the stranger filtered her way. Her heart quickened almost instantly as she recognized the musky scent almost immediately. She was slow to let her head turn towards him, her lavender grey orbs watching him without blinking as his steps brought him closer to her perch.

Her fingers twitched slightly as she thought of the small weapon she almost always had on her. He was not a foe but at the same time she wasn't sure what he was. A small cruel voice deep inside told her he would deserve the prick of her thorns if she had the heart to extend the honor to the male. She quieted the voice quickly though as she closed her eyes for a moment and sighed. Life was never easy and she knew this more than most. While there were no words that could sooth the pain of the deed that was done she could not go on with such harsh feeling inside, sooner or later they would make her just as ugly as the dragon he had so claimed for thrills.

She studied his frame as he finished the distance between them, looking for signs of his night with the warrior woman, wondering if her temper had extended to the bedchambers just as it was dealt so harshly on the male in their practice battles. If he carried scars from their rendezvous he hid them well, or she did not have the eyes for finding such things, even knowing her heart wasn't fully in searching anyways. She sighed and let her gaze flicker to that of her cousins as she spoke quietly. "Hello Heleotes.." Where was she to begin after so much had caused a great divide.
[html]

Word Count :: 266 What a sap.

As he walked towards her, time seemed to slow. The squealing of the cat and puppy seemed to fade away into the air as a soft breeze picked up. Zana lifted her head, and Helotes could see as each dark lashed eye opened to gaze upon him, as brown ringlets of her fur were blown into her face. She was breathtaking, and any semblance of doubt about her physical appearance was swept away. He once had been so fearful of what others would think were they to find out his feelings for the small woman, but he no longer cared. He had tested his fate in the eyes of Aquila, and Zana had left and now returned. He would not let his chance slip away this time.

How could have been so foolish in the past, so selfish? He had risked her feelings for him for a midnight tryst with the now blind and ruind Hastati, and for what? Only heartache and distrust; it hadn’t been worth it. But Zana was worth everything in the world to him.

Therefore, the love-struck male did something that he was sure might not have been the best action to take, especially if the adept toxicologist decided to send a dart his way. But he could not help himself, her violet eyes were those of a seductress, though he knew she did not intend her gaze to have this affect. He strode up to the tree just as she greeted him, her voice like honey, and he slid a hand behind her neck to draw her in for a kiss.

<style>
.helotescolor { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wouWX.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#000000; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:150px 0px 10px 0px; color:#bfbfbf; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #000000; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.helotescolor p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.helotescolor .quote { font-size:30px; font-family:times, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:left; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#000000; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 2px 2px 1px; }
</style>
[/html]
ooc: slight powerplay.. I bad.

The woman had expected his approach but the balls the male showed today were far from what she had expected. The half cat like laze she had adopted in the tree fell to pieces as Helotes boldly laid claim to the pygmy woman right then and there. She would have pulled away if she had a second to think but her heart really wasn't in it. She willingly let her lips part, her wide eyed expression slowly melting away as she let herself be pulled into the passionate kiss.

The tiny Lykoi female slide from her perch, letting her fists ball into his fur as she slide along his chest, wrapping her arms neatly around his neck as she growled softly. She was a strange treasure in the clan and she knew it. A freak maybe but she was a dangerous beast as well. Her tiny eyes shown with fire as she finally pulled back from the male and hissed. "You know I could kill you right now..." The darkness in her eyes not leaving fully as she used her muscular forearms to keep her face at eye level with his own, her hindlegs wrapped around his waist and hips like the monkey child she was.

Rolled between two fingers she held a dart, the poison known to her, for each and ever dart she made and coded, but to him it could be anything. She let the sharp end of the lethal weapon trace ever so lightly upon the skin of his neck, just where his pulse beat fast as she whispered. "It's too bad you are a value to this clan..." Her voice almost like a purr as she watched him and waited.
[html]

Word Count :: 215

Luckily she did not pull away, did not even tense; in fact, quite the opposite happened as she slid from the tree to wrap her serpantine like body around his frame. He matched her growl with his own, not even trying to hide the lusty sound hidden therein. There was no doubt that he wanted her, especially after having had her once and being denied. But the time for sexual adventures was later, for now, there was apologies in his future

As the kiss ended, Zana pulled away, poison glittering in her lavendar pools, threatening to drown him. She retrieved a dart and slid it along his neck, against his jugular, and he could feel his knees nearly tremble; not out of fear, but of desire, You are such a flirt. He nearly purred at her, giving her that grin that he was so infamous for. Then, in response to her comment about his value, And to you? What am I to you?

Strong arms held her against him, heart pounding nearly out of his chest and onto her faded dyed fur. He loved her, and he would tell her soon, but first he would let her say what she had to say, for he knew there were choice words for him. He was ready.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
They were dangerous, like a moth to a flame they were drawn together and she couldn't deny it even if she wanted to. The deeper growl that came from Helotes caused a wicked little smile to appear upon her lips briefly, knowing all to well that her warrior of the clan still craved her. Though at times she would still wonder if it was more lust than love she still would have purred like a cat under his touch because as much as she would like to deny him for the pain and humiliation he had caused her she knew in her heart how she felt. She would suffer the pains of his failures in the past if he could prove to her just how he felt now, if his feelings were true.

Her eyes glittered darkly as she played the sharp tip of the dart along his throat, tracing patterns as he spoke. She knew she had him wrapped around her finger in a way but she wanted more, and here he was giving her all allowances in the span of one question. She raised her gaze to look into those orbs that clearly belonged to the Lykoi family as she spoke softly. "You play a dangerous game you know Helotes.." She let the tip of the dart trace along his lower ear as her eyes cast away from his lovely face. The wounds were healing but the flesh was still tender from the blows he had dealt.

A soft sigh broke from her lips finally as she spoke from her heart. Ezekiel had given her a job to do, but he had also given her time to heal and to think without the distractions of the clan and it's members. She had put that time to good use and now in all honesty she could bury the past with a few choice words, if Helotes made his choice. "You are a friend..and once a lover... What you are to me isn't my choice anymore, it's yours. You've always known what you mean to me.. but I need to know what I honestly am to you." She let the point of the small wooden dart prick his skin just below his ear. The dart had been a fresh one, untainted with the lure of poison, not that he knew that though.

"You could have had any beast in the lands.. but you chose her. Why?" she demanded. She needed to hear it from him, no matter how simple and pathetic the answer was she needed it to come from his lips. She let her ears flick back as she shifted her weight against his form, letting her head fall on his shoulder as she let the weapon she had been taunting him with fall to the ground below. Their relationship had always been a trainwreck between their roles in the clan and the life's they lived.. where it was going now was entirely on his shoulders, for she'd already given herself to the male, in more ways than one.
[html]

Word Count ::376Hoooooo snappppppppp.

The sharp edge of the needle danced about his throat just as the sharp edge of her tongue danced about his ears. He listening raptly as she spoke, and what she said caused his heart to beat ten-fold. So he was in control here then? It was his decision to make, and though she was a strong and independent female, he had power over her when it came to love. It was settled then, and he was about to open his mouth to speak when she suddenly asked him the one question he wished she would have avoided. His mouth shut with an audible clack, and he flicked his ear as she pricked him, and sensing no numbing or buzzing in the skin, he knew it to be a clean dart.

But the most deadly poison was not one of her concoctions but instead the elixir that was her wrath. He was not sure any answer her question would be satisfying, so he settled for the easiest; the truth. She was a challenge that I could not ignore. I needed to see if she was concurable; she was. I wanted to see if there was something between us; there wasn’t. He looked directly into her eyes then, It meant nothing to me, in fact, I do not even recall much of it anymore. You have completely taken over my heart and mind Zana, and there is no room for any other.

Then, pulling away from her slightly, Helotes cast down his eyes for a moment, You cut me deep when you left, I thought I would never see you again. It made me realize how much of a fool I was for not telling you sooner what you mean to me. His glowing coal eyes flicked up to hers then, I love you, Zana. I have loved you from the moment I met you, it just took me time to realize it. Now that I know though, I have never been more certain of anything else.

And then, leaning ins so his muzzle hovered within the hollow of her cheek, he continued to gaze at her, I cannot play this game any longer. Zana, be with me, be my only. I want you as my mate.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
The tiny beast would accept nothing but the truth, and though her darts were deadly her tongue and claws were even more so. She knew she would never be a match against her love in a fight without certain tools, but she was a woman and the wrath of such a creature was a dangerous thing. Her eyes seemed to grow darker as Helotes fell quiet for a moment, she wondered in those seconds if he was going to answer truthfully or if this was going to turn right here and now. Her heart soothed a little as he began to speak though.

Bitter emotions rolled in her veins as he spoke of his time with Halo, of the challenge of it all. She wondered deep down if he had viewed their time together as a challenge as well but her caught her tongue before she gave the male a sound lashing. Her eyes were troubled as he told her the truth. She wanted to believe him but if it had meant nothing.. then why had he set out on this command and conquer mission to have bedded the deadly snake. She was the one who ended up turning her eyes away. She wanted to believe, but this path they traveled down was a dangerous ride and though she was ready she had to know that he was too.

What he spoke of next she hadn't expected though. She assumed that she would have hurt him with her departure but she figured in time she would be a distant memory or viewed as a traitor like others in the past had viewed her. Her ears stayed pinned against her skull as he spoke, she didn't want to give in but slowly as he spoke from his heart the tension inside her tiny frame loosened and she was left with the real truth.

She tried to avoid gazing in those coal hued orbs but when he laid down the claim of what he wanted, who he wanted she realized that she would have to have him prove it once and for all. She was a creature of the Aquilla, loyal to him and not the clan. She liked it thatway but she had to know where Helotes stood as well. She would not tie herself to a beast that may challenge Ezekiel and place her in a position of choosing between loyalty and love. She raised her grey lilac orbs to meet his as she spoke plain and simple. "My heart is mine to give, but you know I belong to Ezekiel." She twined a finger around one of his locks as her words fell between them. "If he thinks you are worthy.. then you may have all of me.." There was no teasing tone or flirty game to be played. It tugged at her heartstrings to make him ask.. but she wasn't really certain if he understood the connection between their leader and herself.
[html]

Word Count :: 238 Closing this out so I can reply to your other AW lol.

Helotes had so been hoping for words of affirmation of love that when they did not come in such a guise he was a bit taken aback. Instead of giving herself to him, she instead asked that he retrieve her heart from the person who held it; Ezekiel. For a split second Helotes’ jealous mind though that perhaps she and Ezekiel were close than he thought, but the sane part of him realized that it was nothing but a request of duty.

With a hardly audible sigh, Helotes placed the dainty woman back up onto her perch and gave her a weak smile, I will do as you ask, but you should do know that if he refuses, I will fight for you. I wont lose you again. His eyes darkened. It had been Ezekiel that had sent her away, Ezekiel had been the one to tell her of he and Halo; every ounce of him did not want to trust the leader, questioned why he would do such a thing. But the Hydra had to let it go, had to believe that the Aquila had a plan in mind that was beyond him.

Helotes umber eyes turned to see Timori followed by the cat running towards the two. He took a step back, giving Zana a smile and a nod before trotting away. He had to think up how to exactly ask the Aquila for her hand.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
The tiny woman wasn't sure what his response would be but when he placed her gently back upon the branch she had been resting on the Lykoi female's ears flicked back slightly when he responded. She had not expected that Helotes would have a problem with speaking to their leader but she had not thought of the fact that Ezekiel could and possibly would refuse Helotes request. Her eyes were dark as she nodded slowly. "You know where my loyalties lie Helotes.." If his threat was serious and Ezekiel's life was in danger her own love would force her hand. They played a dangerous game but she had to know where his heart, soul and loyalties were as well.

She smiled sadly as she watched him trot away. She loved the man but her loyalties were bound now. Her grey lilac eyes followed him until he disappeared. A sigh escaped her lips, wishing she had made things simpler and not harder. She could not begin to comprehend how the minds of males worked but she hoped Ezekiel was wise and Helotes temper would stay in check if his heart was denied. She would wait, for the woman was patience when it came to matters of the heart..