Mentor Ceremonies Poll/Discussion
Attention Casa members!

Katie and I would love to hear your opinion on mandatory vs non-mandatory pack threads specifically for the Mentorship and Coming of Age ceremonies.

Would you prefer one, both or neither of these to be mandatory?

For the Mentorship thread a pup, or group of pups, are assigned members of Casa to be their mentors. It is a sign of the start of their education and a formal introduction to the pack. We are torn between assuming all members are present or making it mandatory. Also should we let mentors know via PM who they are in advance or do you like the idea of not knowing until you know IC?

For the Coming of Age Ceremony there is a feast at sunrise after the mentor and apprentice perform a final vigil overnight. This marks the mentor officially joining adult ranks at 1 year of age and members are encourages to celebrate with them and give the new adult gifts. Should we assume members are present and have it open or should we have this be mandatory?

Please try not to just vote in the poll but also share your ideas below! Big Grin
I like it being an IC surprise.
I think it would be beneficial for everyone if they were both mandatory, or at least post once. I like the mentor to be a surprise.
Mandatory. All members should have to post at least one time, unless the are absent of course, to make sure everyone is up to date on what is shakin'. OOC knowledge does not transfer to IC knowledge unless it is an OOC/IC plot.

The mentor thing should totally be a surprise! Big Grin That is fuuun. If the people have a problem with whoever their mentor/mentoree is, then they can go to the alphas and work it out, OR give prior heads up.
My personal thought is that neither should be mandatory, namely because my character in this pack is not often around and would probably not know of what was going on unless he'd been home prior.

As much as I like having pack threads, I think having too many mandatory ones is kind of a drain.

EdIt: that and I find myself rather devoid of muse often enough that mandatory make me slam my face against my wall and reach for my xbox controller. Personal experience, though. xD;
QUOTE (Dixie-May Jackson @ Mar 4 2012, 02:42 PM)
Mandatory. All members should have to post at least one time, unless the are absent of course, to make sure everyone is up to date on what is shakin'. OOC knowledge does not transfer to IC knowledge unless it is an OOC/IC plot.

[/quote]
QUOTE (Jazper)
We are torn between assuming all members are present or making it mandatory.[/quote]

It is ICly assumed that everyone is present for the ceremony either way as it is an important aspect of pack culture. The debate we are facing is rather it worth actually making everyone spit out a post for these ceremonies given the possible frequency with which these threads might occur.

IMO, everyone should read the pin topics regardless of if they choose to participate or not. They generally aren't pinned for no reason Wink
^ Yes, even if these threads were to be made non-mandatory it would be ICly assumed that everyone had attended and that everyone knows what is going on. You are expected to read all pinned topics regardless of if you post in them or not.

The real question is if you would rather everyone post or if they should be open, how important are these threads to you personally, should everyone be made to post because of their importance or is ICly asusmed better for you? And do you want us to leave the mentors as a surprise ICly or tell them in advance?
I think not mandatory unless seriously important, since I often and loaded with posts and can't deal with having to post to something even once ;-; though the surprise mentor thing is something i like ^^