Thoughts of Spring
[html]
Kiara Amarok

WC:362 / This is a Raze Table.

If there is something to be said about being pregnant, is that it is not fun. Kiara was having a harder time moving, making hunting was nearly impossible. Yet Alonso was no where to be seen and Kiara had to continue on by herself. It was a good thing that the throws of winter were still in effect because it made hunting that much easier on the she wolf. The mountain, were she could hide in plain sight, was her favorite place to hunt. Her startling white coat could remain hidden in the snow and the underbrush simply added to the illusion. The arctic wolf's quest for food had brought her outside of the Ichikan boarder and all the way to the other side of the mountain. If she were to look out across the sweeping plans she would be able to see Inferni and perhaps even Anathema.

Kiara was laying in the snow, her form almost hidden in a dip that had been created when a tree fell over. Her back was to the roots and her body was stretched out to help relieve the tension in her swollen middle. Several yards downwind were the remains of her most recent meal, a raccoon that had not properly hidden itself. Kiara had already cleaned her muzzle and was enjoying lying in the snow and simply being lazy. Her sapphire eyes closed, the feeling of a stuffed belly making her happy and a little sleepy. The soft snow that she was lying in only added to Kiara's comfort and made her feel like she was back in the arctic.

The snow wolf's ears twitched, a solitary song bird sat in the trees above her singing its heart out to a quiet forest. It was the first to arrive and thus its calls were unreciprocated. Kiara stared up into the trees, her eyes hunting for the singer. The bird's arrival signaled that spring was on its way and soon they days of snow would come to an end. Unable to find the bird the Kiara half-closed her eyes and let the song sweep over her form as she enjoyed the last bits of winter.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaforest b {font-weight:bold; color:#f5f6fb; letter-spacing:1px; margin:5px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 3px;}
.kiaforest p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kiaforest .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:center;}
.kiaforest {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#252c2f; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VDZ7v.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 4px 0px 110px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0b0d0b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaforest .inner {background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/21bn0ba.jpg); margin:0 15px; text-shadow:#5d6264 0px 0px 4px; border:#000 1px solid;}
.kiaforest .words {text-align:center; font-style:italic; font-family:'Calligraffitti'; color:#f5f6fb; font-size:60px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 3px; padding:30px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:10px;}
</style>

[/html]
He had just finished playing with Dalgina and Keldeva and was leaving the Ichikain boarders when he heard bird song. A sign of life he smiled and trudged though the slosh of melting snow, wishing for the greens of spring to come up. So far he had yet to figure out who the grey woman was and why she was alone when he found her. He was worried that she had no family. She deserved to be remembered. And what about those little paw prints. Had she been with pup? He had lost the prints by the river and he wondered that if the woman had been with pup where was it now?

He had found himself in a thick patch of snow and again he smiled. He was ready for spring. He studied the carving and knew it was finely done. The faces and pups where done really well and he was remembering that the woman had her and around it. There was a faint bit of blood on the carving and the leather had been well worn. It was obvious that this was important to the grey woman. Maybe if he could fin...."Oh!" he said as he tripped over something and went rolling down the hill. What had he hit?
[html]

Word Count :: 342

out of character text

As the white wolf lay in the snow her dreams began to surface. Their demands to be seen got stronger and stronger by the second and soon Kiara was surrounded by three adorable pups. All three were beautiful girls and they played in the snow around Kiara. Their coats seem to change shades in the sun, ranging anywhere from pure white to deep red or black. The expectant mother laughed and played with her children as the snow melted and gave way to grass. The sun shined down on the small family and Kiara was filled with joy and love. The sound of approaching footsteps could be heard and all three girls ran towards the sounds. Kiara turned to follow, her nose picking up the scent of Alonso. Excitement grew in her chest as her heart fluttered like a dove. However, just as her excitement grew so did the foreboding clouds above her. Kiara ran to catch up with her children, their happy voices gone and the smell of blood drifted through the air.

Nothing could prepare Kiara for the sight before her. Lying on the ground and unmoving were two of her precious puppies. Standing above them holding the third puppy was Amy, and her sickly sweet grin made Kaira want to shiver. The arctic wolf howled and lunged at Amy when grief and anger consumed her. But the dog brought up one of her knives and stabbed Kiara in the face.

The sudden and very real pain tore Kiara from her dream. She bolted upright and scanned around looking for who or what was attacking her. Not to far from her was another wolf, a luperci, who had seemingly tripped over something. Tripped over her was more like it. Kiara snorted and her ears flicked back in irritation, this was the second that someone had tripped over her when she was sleeping. Although, this time the dream wasn't good so perhaps she should be thankful instead. The expectant mother sat and watched curiously to see what the newcomer would do.

<style type="text/css">
.character-Springmom b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-Springmom.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-Springmom p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-Springmom {margin:0px auto; width:466px; background-color:#425D3F; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4Usfm.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 400px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#24CF81; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Aylu was stunned and as he had fallen he had dropped the necklace he had been carrying."Oh no the necklace. I can't have lost it already! I am so so sorry I tripped over you miss. Are you hurt? Aw please tell me I didn't hurt you," he said getting up and dusting the snow off his robes before it started to melt. If it wasn't for his robes he too would all but blend in like she did. He was a cream color but in the snow it was enough to make him invisible.

He walked over to the woman and looked her over. No blood. But she might be bruised and she looked to be pregnant. "Are you alright? I am Aylu. I am a monk looking for a woman's family. I lost her necklace in the snow. Can you help me find it?" he asked softly again looking the white woman over again.
[html]

Word Count :: 306

out of character text

For someone who had rudely woken her up, the male didn't see so bad. He speny a long time apologizing and asking if she was okay. Kiara smiled and let her tail wag freely. "I'm fine don't worry about it." It was true, for the most part. There was a small pounding sensation on the side of her head where he had hit her, but it wasn't bad so Kiara wasn't really worried. She was just happy that he hadn't hit her midsection, it could have caused the developing puppies a great deal of harm.

A women's necklace? It was a strange thing for a male to have, or even to loose. However, she didn't question it too much. "Sure. I'm Kiara, from Ichika no Ho-en." Kiara looked around, her tail high and wagging as she plodded through the snow. The arctic wolf paced back and forth for a few minutes as she tried to track down where the necklace might have gone too. As she moved her nose hovered only inches above the snow while she was looked for Aylu's scent. However, the scent that reached Kiara's nose stopped her dead in her tracks. Aylu's scent was masking the smell a little, but it was unmistakable. Blood, more importantly, Shiloh's blood.

Kiara's heart stopped and her body froze. Laying half buried in the snow only a few inches from her nose was the familiar wooden pendent. Trace amounts of blood stuck to the carvings. The reality of the pendent's appearance hit Kiara like a ton of bricks. She couldn't accept it, she wouldn't accept it. It wasn't true, there had to be some logical explanation as to why Aylu had this pendent that didn't involve the unthinkable. Without taking her eyes off the pendent Kiara spoke, her voice unusually quiet. "Where did you get this?"

<style type="text/css">
.character-Springmom.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-Springmom {margin:0px auto; width:466px; background-color:#425D3F; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4Usfm.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 400px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#24CF81; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Aylu stopped his search and froze. Something was wrong. The look on Kiara's face said it all."Did you know the woman who wore that necklace. I... found her body a few days ago. I was trying to find someone who knew her or some of her family so I could.... tell them the news. I am sorry. I don't want to come off wrong. I just wanted to let the gray woman's family know... she was no longer with us...I took her necklace because I knew someone would have known it. Miss don't think I did anything to her. I haven't killed anyone ever," he said softly. He at cross legged and watched the white fae closely.

She must know the gray woman. He needed to know what happened to her. If she had been with a pup. Why she had been alone. Why she had passed from a side wound that hadn't been treated. Who was this gray woman and what was her relationship with the woman in front of him. He didn't want Kiara to think of him like a killer and he hoped he had expressed that to her.
[html]

Word Count :: 303

out of character text

Numbness drowned out everything, leaving an empty shell of a wolf standing in it's place. Kiara listened to Aylu's words, but they took a long time to register in her brain. Slowly her haunches lowered and she sat in the snow. Her sapphire eyes never wavered from the necklace. She kept staring, thinking that Shiloh would magically pop out of the snow with Sarian while they yelled "surprise". Shiloh couldn't be...its just not possible. They grey wolf was happy, healthy. Granted a little banged up; but it really wasn't that bad. She had...she had...

It was several minutes before Kiara could speak, her words were shaky and quiet. "I...I knew her...her name...was...Shi...Shiloh. She...she was...m...my dearest friend...this wa...wasn't...su...supposed to happen...she was j..just...going away for a little...she was g...going to...to come back...away for a f...few months...then return...why...why did this happen...she was h...healthy...she can't be..." Kiara lifted her face to the male, her eyes begging him to say this was some kind of sick joke or that he had just found the necklace. Anything but the truth. Sadness washed over Kiara, drowning the numbing feeling and leaving her body to rock with grief. Kiara did the only thing she could, she lifted her maw and howled. Her song was filled with an intense amount of sorrow, pain, and loss.

When her howl was finished she lowered her maw. The realization that she would never see her friend again rocked Kiara to the core. Something itched in the back of her mind as it fought for attention. The thought clawed it's way through her sorrow and a single image appeared in her mind...Sarian. Kiara whipped her head around to look at Aylu. Her voice was frantic, but had stopped shaking. "Sarian, where is Sarian? A little grey puppy, no more the five months old, where is she?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
So the gray woman had a name. And Kiara had been close to her. Aylu winced when Kiara stuttered how she knew the woman and he felt immense grief wash over him. He join Kiara in her sorrow filled song and his heart reached out to the woman. He longed to comfort her, tell her that her friend would come back to her in another life, be reborn. As their song died on the wind he stood and went over to the white fae and put a arm around her. 'I am sorry to bring such.... such horrible news to you. If its any constellation she was happy when she passed. There was a smile on her maw. She must have froze to death in the night. Her side wound proved to be too much....She will come back to you. In another life. She will be reborn into this world and she will never have pain. She will know of happiness and kindness. She will find you. It is the way of the world," he said softly hoping the woman understood.

Sarian? Who is this Sarian she spoke of? A.... A PUP!?! He knew he should have looked harder. "There where foot prints next to the.... I followed them but they were lost by the river. I knew I should have looked harder," he said hanging his head. He felt so bad for telling the woman this. She had just found out that she had lost her friend and now maybe she had lost her friends daughter. "I am so sorry...." he whispered to her softly
[html]

Word Count :: 247

Sorry for the short post

Aylu's words of rebirth and meeting Shiloh again were lost on the white female. Kiara just shook her head as he spoke, he was wrong. Shiloh was dead and she wasn't coming back. It was the circle of life and that was how things worked. Kiara's mother used to believe in all sorts of weird thing and would always tell her stories about rebirth and life after death. She used to say that the spirits resided in the aurora till it was time for them to be reborn. However, the arctic wolf never once believed them. They were just stories, tales to give comfort to the bereaved. Alyu's words gave her no comfort, but she didn't say a single word. She didn't want to hear such fanciful tails, she wanted to hear that Shiloh was alive and safe. Kiara just sat in the snow, feeling numb and in shock.

As she questioned Aylu there was a hint of recognition in his eyes. He had seen Sarian, or at least had some guess as to what her fate might have been. However, Aylu's response did nothing other than raise more questions. Sarian had been alive, but her prints were lost at the river. She wasn't necessarily dead, there could have been a flood or someone might have picked her up. Kiara grabbed onto the hope that Sarian was still alive and used it to control her grief. "Thank you...for telling me this. I just hope she is okay."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]