Envy comes in Gold
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: She wont speak unless spoken to first, since she taken to gesture more than actual words in both the Lupus and Secui forms.

Date: March 5th- Early Afternoon

Form: Secui

Would the obstacles of the ancestors never cease, she often wondered, or was there something more that had yet to be revealed? In vain she tried to look ahead, to see what more would befall Ichika in the hopes to abate its coming. But alas, she could not see as far as the ancestors, nor was her reasoning strong enough to predict the inevitable future. And this left a bitter taste in her maw. That and the prickling fur of doe hide scraping against the roof of her maw as she walked.

A distraction was better called for, she reasoned to distance herself from the troubles of the pack and take comfort in a gesture as small and simple as seeing her friend. The Nomad had promised the snowy female a fur to line her den, a little housewarming gift for her new neighbor of the Wentworth. In truth, the woman had been hesitant to see her friend despite the flourishing bond between them. She was hesitant in meeting anyone of the pack aside from her own companion animal and now her mate. It was doubtful she would emotionally be able to bare the girl’s rejection if she was faced with it. Already the golden female was torn between heading back to her abode or continuing on as her paws intended.

Step by trembling step the Shepard proceeded forward led by the strong scent of her friend to her diligently crafted home. Carefully she lowered the animal skin to the mouth of the den, dancing shyly on the tips of umber paws before she gave a swift yip to announce her presence. Again, she was in the practice of the lost art of feral speak, choosing this experience as a means to convey true sincerity in the stead of spoken words that could have gotten in the way.

308 words.

[/html]
[html]

Poor X'yrin. Good thing Kiara's dense.

Word Count → 400

Ever since her meeting with Saluce, Kiara had diligently followed her training program. She had repeated the drills fifty times, twice a day, and had even added long distance running to her schedule. The result of her training was obvious. Her muscles were well defined and she looked like the picture of health, except of course for her bulging sides. The puppies weren't kicking yet, but at seven weeks into her pregnancy she definitely looked the part. The up side to her pregnancy, she would be a mother and have puppies of her own. The down side, she couldn't do her drills anymore. It was challenging enough just to feed herself because the father of her puppies had gone missing, thus making the drills and extra running a forgotten thing.

Kiara had returned from an unsuccessful hunt about half an hour before X'yrin showed up. Once she managed to crawl into her den she had gone strait to sleep. A soft and familiar yip brought Kiara out of her dreams. The first thing she saw in the dim of her den was the blue scarf she had received from X'yrin, which rested on a bed of dried grass to keep it safe from any dirt that could harm it. Kiara's ear flicked to the entrance of the den as her sleepy mind registered the call. The snow wolf replied with her own yip, to alert X'yrin that she was coming and to buy herself some extra time. Slowly the mother-to-be stood and stretched out her aching back for a few moments. Kiara moved towards the entrance of her den, and was surprised to pick up the scent of a deer.

At first she exited the den with a puzzled look, wondering why there was a deer pelt at the entrance of her den. Then it hit her, it was another present from X'yrin. Kiara's tail wagged and a happy grin spread across her face. There she was, the golden wolf whom Kiara loved. She was a pack mate, her leader, and most importantly, her friend. Although the sudden change in leadership and X'yrin's decisions during the meeting had confused the snow wolf, those things held little consequence when it came to their friendship. Kiara carefully moved around the deer pelt before she jumped at X'yrin to give the large luperci her usual shower of licks. "X'yrin! Thank you so much!"

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Hearing the soft utterance from inside the den, the female deduced she would not have to wait long. She lifted her head with ah optimistic perk, glad that she was not ignored but received by her friend. This was surely a good sign one she took great pleasure in and allowed her tail to sway happily as she waited in the soft afternoon light to be joined by the snowy female.

She sighed contentedly as the wind played through her loose mane, the soft breaths attempting to comb away the unruly mass that concealed her eyes. She had taken to leaving them as they were lately, finding no sense in making a part just for others to see her eyes. As long as she could see through the minute slivers of light, she was fine. And through the auburn veil she could see the noticeable white emerge from the shadowed keep, rushing forward to adorn her muzzle with friendly licks. The she-wolf smiled endearingly as a growl softly shook her vocals and returned a few adoring kisses of her own.

When granted a moment to breathe she acknowledged her gift just as Kiara had but it was a short-lived glance as her eyes returned to the very white…very rounded female. The rapid beats of her heart set alight with glee suddenly stilled as her eyes settled on the plump form of the young female. Joined with her healthy glow was also the illuminating essence of life forming within her, nearing its time to be brought into the world. How the woman hadn’t noticed this before, she didn’t know… or rather she chose not to think about how a moment of precedence could have escaped her knowing. She couldn’t help feeling strange as she looked at the swelling belly, somewhat lost as to how she should take this.

Unknowingly the Shepard had grounded herself with her eyes remaining locked on the smaller form. Her heart had regained its rhythm, but it was slow…almost painful. Kiara was going to have pups of her own, just as Jace and Nayru had pups…just as Charm was near giving birth. It was a strange and shamefully admitted an unsettling concept to wrap her mind around. She wondered briefly if this was what it was like to see a sibling become pregnant and being the ‘last’ to know. Yet as she delved into the feeling, she recognized that unique sting that pricked the walls of her heart and made it difficult for her to breathe with each quiet inhale.

Yet, she turned her gaze to the face of the young female and pulled her lips into a soft smile of congratulations and offered her praises with a wag of her tail and deep lick across her snowy crown. Yes, it was a strange feeling she had in her heart, but it would not stop her from exhibiting her good will and wishes to the expecting mother. No. She could be glad for the mother-to-be. “When did this miracle happen?”

503 words.

[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 311

Their meeting had started off normal enough. The usual greetings and elated feelings brought about by their friendship and the closeness that pack mates shared. However, things turned strange as X'yrin's eyes took in Kiara's bulging form. There was something reflected in the leader's eyes, something that took Kiara a while to figure out. Pain, confusion, longing perhaps. The white wolf's thoughts turned to the incident with Sarian. At the time X'yrin had been overcome with longing and the strong desire to become a mother that she had actually kidnapped Shiloh's puppy. It was a dark spot in their history together, and one Kiara hoped would never be repeated again.

Her anxiety diminished and disappeared as a congratulatory smile spread across X'yrin's face. Kiara chuckled a little as the larger females tongue ran across her forehead, her unkept fur tickling Kiara's face. When X'yrin's question came it was a little bit of a shock. The white wolf looked down in embarrassment, her smile turned sheepish. "Right, um, after...Alonso joined..." Her voice was quite, almost to the point where it wasn't audible. It was embarrassing really, almost as embarrassing as when Amy told her that she was pregnant. Kiara, in all her wisdom, hadn't realized her condition until the yellow dog pointed it out when she was just beginning to show.

Eager to change the subject the arctic female turned to the recent activities in Ichika. Kiare hoped that X'yrin would allow the change in subject so she wouldn't have to talk about Alonso anymore. "Say, ah, X'yrin. Is it true that Salsola stole some of our ah, animals?" She hadn't been down to the stables in a long time, nor did she really know the names of the animals kept there. Kiara knew about the horses, but the bison-like animals and the other strange horse-like animals threw her for a loop.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc:

An aspect she loved about her snowy companion was her innocence coupled with her natural ease. Whatever concerns may have affixed themselves to her brows were could be discarded by a kind gesture. It was all it took to lift the thin dark veil from her eyes and bring the light to her face again. If only it were that easy for her. To walk a day in this female’s paws… how much more at ease would she be?

Setting aside her own thoughts, she paid her full attention to the young she-wolf as she explained her circumstance in an embarrassed fashion. The Nomad found herself smiling even more against her prior emotions at the little display. It was nothing to be embarrassed about, but she imagined for a kind little thing like Kiara, the acts that lead to her present condition were something she’d rather hide to preserve her innocence. And X’yrin was fine to let it remain.

For an intrusion that was still very fresh to the mind, she had become rather calm to the circumstances that had transgressed. Bitter as she had been at first to acknowledge the theft and captive left behind, she was doing will with accepting it now. At least on the surface. “Unfortunately,” she began with a heavy breath. “This is true. It happened in the dead of night and were it not for Saluce’s horse sounding the alarm, I doubt we could have known til the morning. It was unfortunate… but not a kind topic of discussion.”

And just as quickly as Kiara had done to her, she segued back to their previous discussion regarding the pups nestled in her belly. “But tell me, why hadn’t you told anyone about you being with pups? It is a blessing to carry life and bring it into this world and should be rejoiced by all. Why hide it?”

314 words.

[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 456

Kiara's world was simple. It was focused on the moment with little concern for the past or future. She traveled happily through her existence and enjoyed the simple pleasures in life: a successful hunt, a good nap, spending time with friends and pack mates, playing with puppies of all ages, and running till her legs fell off. Even the complicated world of the luperci could not infect Kiara's world.

It was clear that the loss weighed on X'yrin, but she had managed to look at the situation calmly and objectively. It was a big blow to Ichika no Ho-en and it practically shattered the feeling of safety that the valley held. Why their neighbors would steal from them was beyond her, however it happened and she was thankful that the thieves hadn't taken all of their live stock. How else was the white female supposed to entertain herself when there was no one to talk too?

Although X'yrin had allowed the Kiara to change the topic, it wasn't to last. Once again, the conversation was back to her pregnancy and Kiara was left to be embarrassed again. Being so large, so obviously pregnant, and to have no mate to speak of. It was truly a situation Kiara had never envisioned herself in. To not have one mate for life, it was a strange feeling; an empty feeling. The pregnant female didn't know what to say or think about her situation, hence the embarrassment. "Well I didn't mean to hide it. I...I just don't see anyone these days. Not really sure why, coincidence I guess..." Sapphire eyes moved from the ground to the golden female. Why did things involving her always end up a secret? Almost no one outside of the pack knew that Kiara couldn't shift, and even some within the pack didn't know. There were times when the others tried to hide this fact or went out of their way to avoid the subject. Now her pregnancy had somehow become a secret. Who knew about it? X'yrin of course, someone from Inferni, and Amy, but no one else.

The full meaning behind X'yrin's words didn't hit Kiara at first. She only saw the superficial question, and didn't understand what X'yrin was trying to say. The white wolf stood for a minute in shock. X'yrin was trying to convince her that puppies were sacred, as if she didn't already know that. Kiara fumbled over her words, trying her best to correct the error. "I...I know, I mean...I think puppies are important. They... they are wonderful...and amazing...and just so, puppy. Puppies should be celebrated...and they will be when they come...I just...didn't mean to hide it. I mean I wasn't hiding it...it's just no one knew is all...and...yeah."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc:

As the mother fumbled to explain herself, X’yrin listened without interruption seeking the clarity she lacked in her understanding of Kiara’s situation. Undoubtedly they both understood the importance of pups but something had gotten lost in translation it seemed. Her head cocked curiously to the side finding humor in the female’s mess of words before she finally stepped in to alleviate her disease.

“That’s not what I meant…” she uttered kindly. “But I suppose it could be interpreted that way. No my friend, I wondered why you hadn’t told me about it. I live near to you and you are my dear friend. News like this should be shared and it would have been known much sooner. I have learned that it is customary to rejoice the coming of life in celebration, and the ancestors know we need a reason to find happiness now.” Leaning in, she again graced the she-wolf’s head with an endearing tongue pouring all her hopes for a renewed happiness into the young mother.

“You could be that symbol of happiness for the pack, and give us a reason to smile again. A coming birth represents the coming prosperity of the pack. And despite these trials, this theft, the whole of our family slowly crumbling, you embody the bright future this pack could have and house within you the positive light that can be shed.”

000 words.

[/html]
[html]

The real excuse: I just couldn't do the thread earlier.

Word Count → 310

Her argument and explanations were weak, this even Kiara could tell. Still that question kept coming. Why didn't she tell anyone. Kiara thought back to the past several weeks. The series of unfortunate events turning in her mind. The loss of their leaders, the alpha's who created and started Ichika no Ho-en. When X'yrin took up the mantle of leadership and all the arguments that ensued. Amy's sudden and unwanted appearance on the boarder. The loss of Shiloh and the arrival of Alonso and his disappearance. Then there was herself, the Ikusei...just a puppy sitter. Was that it? Was that her answer?

As X'yrin spoke in kind words Kiara's mind turned back to her roots, her instincts. Back in her birth pack there was a rule that was set in stone. Only the alpha's could breed. This rule dated back to the time of their ancestors, before the fall of humanity. It was an unspoken, but understood rule. Kiara had broken it. She wasn't the alpha, she wasn't in charge. Bearing puppies without the right status could have disastrous consequences in her old pack. Although she knew this rule would never stand in Ichika, it was still a frightening prospect. She hid it because her instincts told her too. Could X'yrin understand that? She doubted it. Just as the luperci world was strange to the white wolf, the world of the non-infected was strange to the luperci.

A soft tongue ran across her forehead, it's gentle touch comforting. The arctic wolf patiently waited for X'yrin to finish speaking. The golden females words were beautiful and encouraging. This time Kiara had not trouble finding her words. "I'm sorry X'yrin, I didn't mean to keep it from you. Things got hectic I guess. Still I agree with you. The pack could use some good news. So a celebration then...will there be food?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc:

What dark cloud that hung over her had always managed to dissipate with a show of good will, and such a display from the innocent face of her friend could certainly dispel the gloom she was feeling. Though a little lingered, yet it was easy enough to conceal. How could she not feel a little misplaced when her dear friend carried the miracle she had hoped for herself? Perhaps she was selfish for not placing the entirety of her good will upon her friend and in truth… and part of her did not feel guilty for this. She could only offer what she was able to, nothing more. And by the radiance upon her delicate face, her cherished friend was none the wiser.

“There is no need to apologize,” she assured her. “I understand how circumstances came intervene. But what matters is that we can do something now to celebrate this occasion.” Yes. That was all that mattered. “It could be a celebration for both you and Charm as well. She is further along than you are, but holds life just the same. And of course there will be food. More than you could eat in one sitting.” The woman’s smile broadened in her attempts to elevate the mood as best as she was able. "And if you are comfortable with it,” she continued. “We could open the invitation to our neighbors to celebrate with us. Extend our good will to both Anathema and New Dawn as a show of trust and welcome. But only if you feel comfortable enough.” Again she graced the female’s head this time with a certain protective aura as she inched closer as if to veil the young woman with her shadow.

While it was an opportunistic event to place the packs on my familiar terms, it was not her intention to bring unrest to her friend. Pregnancy was a miracle to be celebrated, but it was also delicate time for the bearer when emotions ran high and discomfort was eminent on the slightest disturbance to their calm. “I would understand if you feel it might be too much of a gathering…”

357 words.

[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Word Count → 380

A party, one designed to celebrate Kiara and the growing life within her. The idea was alluring to the young female. She had been to two parties, although one of them she barely remembered do to the intoxicating effects of alcohol and her minuscule resistance to it's influences. Kiara made sure that she would never repeat that mistake again. Still, the idea of a celebration and all the food that would be at it was too good to pass up. Kiara brightened up when she heard that there was another pregnant female in Ichika. Even better. Already the white wolf was imagining what the event might be like. Dancing, music, a fire, and all the meat she could eat. Her mouth watered at the idea and her eyes were bright with excitement.

If Kiara expected anything from X'yrin, it was not her offer to invite those of New Dawn and Anathema to the celebration. Her thought's immediately turned to Noah and Aeron. Both were her friends and both were in the two packs mentioned. Then Kiara thought of Inferni and her friends there. Vesper, more than anything Kiara wanted Vesper to join in the celebration as well. Before the arctic wolf could speak, another comforting lick was placed on her forehead. The emotions within it were strange, but not unwelcome. Kiara pushed her head into X'yrin's shoulder as she tried to express her joy and gratitude.

After a few moments Kiara pulled back, her face illuminated by her bright smile. "I would love it if the neighboring packs could join in on the festivities. I have friends, so many friends and it would be so amazing if they could come. What about Inferni, no forget Inferni. What about Vesper. She's my friend in Inferni. Can she come too? Oh, I'm so excited that I can practically smell the food." Her words were spoken rapidly and a little loud. Kiara was practically jumping out of her fur she was so excited and her paws shuffled in anticipation for the upcoming events. "What about Charm, is she okay with this. I hope she is." Kiara twirled around, in a circle, her body itching to move. "I need to calm down and...and oh, screw it, I need to run. Wanna run with me?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc:

Her excitement was always contagious, but the Nomad felt herself retain her composure this time. She could not afford a slip, even an elated one, for as she well knew one emotion could lead to a complex other and she wished to convey nothing more than approval for her friend’s condition. But it was becoming difficult in just the span of a few minutes. The practices of her own family came rushing back in place of her confusion to this situation. While birth was a cherished thing, it was the Shepard that placed the mates together, and it was the Shepard that acknowledged and blessed the pair in union and then conception. She had waited a time to fulfill that role, to aspire to the greatness of her Shepard and be closer to them. Yet she felt robbed of that opportunity now and while she was not angered by it… she was none the less disturbed.

Yet still, she wore her smile.

“Well then,” she continued softly. “If you don’t mind a few others then I will extend the invitation to our neighbors. Vesper as well, since I believe she’s the only Infernian that would enjoy our company.” Her lips pulled at the thought in a more exuberant smile, and grew still when the young mother withdrew from her side and pranced around in joy. At the mention of Charm her ear perked up inquisitively. All this planning and she hadn’t thought to ask the woman her input. “I’ll ask her and see how she feels about the arrangement,” she concluded whilst pushing herself up to stand. “But I can’t run with you now, I have to extend our invitations. The earlier the better, yes?” Walking towards the lain pelt, she nudged it closer to the mouth of the den so it would not be forgotten in the she-wolf’s excitement. “I’m sure Saluce wouldn’t mind running with you,” she offered, aware of the budding relationship between the two. “Just be careful to not hurt yourself. Our future depends on you…”

X’yrin bid her farewell in a contented wag of her tail though its movements lacked the fluidity of ease…almost forced. Her path started off not towards home but to the borders as she intended to fulfill her to invite others to this gathering. A nice idea in theory, an event to stir the troubled hearts of the affected and hopefully rekindle a sense of unity. Yet with these hopes, the Nomad could not bring herself to smile not even as she crossed the Wentworth into the free lands that she loved so dearly. An uncomfortable weight had settled on her chest and she carried it with her along the way to Anathema.

-Exit X'yrin-

453 words.

[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Word Count → 000

When X'yrin turned down her invitation to run Kiara's tail drooped a little. She thought it would be nice to run with her old friend, although Kiara did have to admit that X'yrin had a lot to do. "Early is good. Let me know if you need help." The white wolf watched, intrigued as the golden female pushed her pelt closer to the mouth of the den. Why did she do that? Kiara gave X'yrin a bark as she turned to leave and watched for a minute as the much larger female strode through the forest. It was clear to her that her friend was upset although Kiara couldn't quite figure out why. Her thoughts slowed while her feet continued to shuffle in place.

Before running off into the forest, Kiara twisted around. She grabbed the fur and swiftly deposited it in the den before taking off in the opposite direction of X'yrin. Kiara didn't run as fast as she normally would, her gait closer to a quick trot more than anything else. She didn't go anywhere in particular but as she ran X'yrin
s words ate at her. "Our future depends on you…" What did that mean? What was X'yrin trying to say. Even when the she wolf returned to her den a few hours later she still had no answer to the mystery.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]

End