Why hello!
He was in search of a home. Somewhere to stay for a while. At least until he knew pack lands better. He had yet to see a pup anywhere within the pack and he wondered why. Did they not reproduce here? He laughed to himself as he sat down on a old porch in really bad need of a picker upper. Maybe he could call this old beat looking house home.

He pulled out a piece of wood and started carving the grey woman again. Always on his mind she had started to become an inspiration to him. So many ways to carve her. But the one pose that always came to mind was the one of her curled around a pup, a smile on both their maws. Always together. Something about this carving disturbed him slightly as there had been little paw prints next to the grey woman's body. Part of him knew he should have searched harder, made sure that there hadn't been a pup but he had been so wrapped up on making sure the grey woman was buried right.

Just as he though about her face and how she was laid to rest his hand slipped and he cut his thumb. "OW!" he said licking the blood away. It was a deep cut and it stung every time he licked it. "Well dang now I cant finish this," he said out loud to no one in particular. He pulled out the necklace he had seen on the woman and looked it over while he tried to stop the bleeding . Maybe someone could tell him more about this grey woman, this Shiloh.
The animals were thirsty - they were always thirsty, it seemed, now that d'Arte had so many – and it was Orin's job to tend to them. Although she hardly ever thought of it as a job, because jobs were usually things one had to do that they didn't like. This, on the other hand, Orin loved. Even though sometimes the work could be backbreaking, the hours demanding, and would leave her silken coat soiled by the end of a shift, she loved it. She was growing quite fond of the animals and all the things that went along with them – yes, even those mind clearing moments when shoveling dung.

But it wasn't dung she was worried about right now, it was getting them watered. As winter gave way to spring, the stock's thirst seemed to blossom as well, and so it was that Orin stepped from the barn doors carrying a large bucket, and headed to the well. She was only a few feet from the barn when a streak of gray fur dashed from behind, beating the woman to the well. Orin laughed obligingly, even though she had not been playing a game. “Good job, Sarian, you win again.”

“And you even had a head start this time!” The puppy laughed her victory, and then propped her forepaws up on the well and peered down into the darkness. It wasn't until Orin reached the well that she had noticed a stranger nearby. She bristled, never meeting the man before.

“Sarian, to my side,” she commanded in her motherly voice, and the pup obeyed. Once Sarian was safely away from the stranger, Orin turned a smile to him. She worried about the pup's safety around strangers, but still trusted her pack.

“Hello, I don't believe we've met before. You must be new to the pack? I'm Orin Takekuro.”
Aylu had been so wrapped up in the necklace and remembering his conversation with Kiara that he jumped when a woman's voice spoke to him. He looked up and smiled. Finally someone else in the pack. He stood with a smiled and offered the woman, Orin, his hand. "Yes ma'am I am new to the pack. Names Aylu. And who might this be," he said noticing Sarian behind Orins leg. It was the first time he had seen a pup in these lands and the thought of playing with her made him extremely happy.

"So what are you two up to today? I was carving but I sliced my thumb and cant do it anymore. At least till I find the plants I need to make a salve. Do you need some help with something? Hey by any chance do you have a place where I can find parchment and ink? I really would like to write but dont have parchment or ink. I would like to write about my life here. Just yesterday I found the barn and watered the animals, replaced the soiled hay and milked the cow. I also arranged the bales of hay and carved a stool for whoever works there. I hope they like it," he said with a smile.
Finally, someone who was cordial and friendly. After so many strange, stand offish meetings at the festival Orin was starting to think that no one could be at least polite on first meet. Even the Takekuro woman herself was a bit guarded when it came to meeting new people, but at least she was still friendly.

The stranger took to his feet and in an attempt to make himself a stranger no more, he offered her his hand. Orin set the bucket down and wiped her hand on her thigh before reciprocating with a firm hand shake and a smile. Sensing Orin’s ease, Sarian came out from behind her and propped her forelegs up on the edge of the bucket to get a better view of the stranger; her tail was whipping Orin’s calf.

“This is… my daughter, Sarian,” she said, looking down at the pup for a second.

A moment later, Aylu dove into a slew of questions that rivaled Orin’s own chatterbox self. She was taken aback for a hair of a second before recovering, a smirk on her muzzle. If she could dish it out, she could take it. She liked all of the questions he asked.

“Hmm,” she started. “I was wondering where that stool came from. You did that?” She had noticed the new stool, which was strange because she usually knew when Thomas was up to moving things around. After all, she was now the head animal tender – a strange turn of events – so her word around the barn was usually final.

The next order of business she wasn’t as happy to talk about. Her smile faltered and cracked, and her eyes grew shadowed for a moment. There were many places to get parchment and ink from; she knew, she had scavenged most of it from the area about a year ago and collected it all in one place. Of course everyone in the pack had free claim to that supply now, and surely there was plenty in other buildings, but she only knew of the one. Would it be fair to deny him the knowledge, based on her own fear?

She was silent and still for a moment, then slowly turned and pointed to a building across the way in the shopping district of Thornbury. “There.” Her eyes looked at the old book store for just a moment before turning back to Aylu. “You can find writing supplies there. It is… was a book store. You can find almost anything you want in the store room in the back. There’s some things upstairs, too, but the store room is best.”

She had a small stock of writing supplies herself, but not really enough to give. She had been carrying around the History of d’Arte again for the last few months, but her will to update it had died for the second time with Tameri.

Happy to change the subject, she motioned to the bucket she had been carrying. “I am the one who works in the stables,” she offered, glancing at the buildings beyond. “Well, myself, Thomas, and Bambi. I am Domatrice, though, lead animal tender. We were just about to haul up some fresh water for the stable. You know, there might be some kind of plant in the garden that you could make a salve from.” She knew nothing about the art of healing, but he had mentioned it. “Have you been there? It’s tucked just back beyond the far square, past the stables and Skye’s house.”

(500+)
Occ: Powerplay of Sarian if that is alright.
Aylu was taken back by the small silver pup. Something about her seemed to be familiar. When Orin told him her name he gasped. "Sarian.... Sarian Grant? Was the daughter to Shiloh Grant? Someone... was looking for her. Kiara was looking for her. Did you know Shiloh?" he asked as Sarian went up to him and pawed at his foot."Mama go to sleep. Didn't listen to me when I said I was hungry. Mama never wake up," he heard the pup say. He bent down and scooped up the pup and almost immediately she was attacking his hand. "Argrahhhrhaaa," Sarian growled as she tried to pin his hand much like Dalgina had. Her tail wagged hard as he played with her and he glanced at Orin. He hoped the woman would be alright. He didn't know if she knew Shiloh but it was obvious that Sarian was the pup that Kiara was talking about. He nipped at the pup before putting her down, not wanting to upset her mother.

He heard her question and shook his head yes. "Yes I am the one who made the stool. I was going to make more," he said softly. "Thank you so much Orin. I hoped to find something like that here. I have yet to find the garden but I think I will be ok if I just put some cloth on it. Its not as bad as I thought it was. I can carry the pail for you and help you if you want. Who is this Skye you talk about? Is she our Alpha? he asked as Sarian danced at his feet, wanting to play.
Her anxiety was palpable the minute the man scooped Sarian up into his arms. She shifted on her feet and made a movement as if to stop him, but didn’t fully do it. Instead she stood a bit awkwardly. But the man seemed to know Sarian, or at least know of her, and Orin took pause, raising an eyebrow and cocking her head. “You knew Shiloh?” she asked. She was about to ask what happened to her, but Sarian’s story – a sad story that she had heard so many times from the young girl already – was enough to fill in the blanks. Whatever had happened to Shiloh, Orin knew she was dead. There was no way the woman would abandon the child like that, stop feeding her, and according to Sarian she was with her when she died, even if the little gray pup didn’t fully understand.

This also meant her bluff about being the child’s mother was revealed, but for all intents and purposes she was Sarian’s mother now. She preferred it if not many knew that she had found the child, for the girl’s protection, but there was no way she could hide the fact from her pack. “I trust you will be discreet.” She did not know why Shiloh died, but if someone had killed her she did not want Sarian’s whereabouts to be known in case a marauder was after the child, too.

“Help would be nice,” she accepted as he put Sarian back down, and she seemed to relax considerably. “Here.” She grinned and picked up the bucket and handed it to him, then took a few steps towards the well and grabbed the rope. “Skye? You haven’t met Skye Collins, our Capitana?” She looked at Aylu, surprised, wrinkling her nose like he had just said the most preposterous thing and wondered who had let him into the pack. If she were having a paranoid day (and she usually was) she might have begun to think he was some sort of con man. But no, he was supposed to be here, and his entrance into the pack had not been falsified.

“So, who is this Kiara you’re talking about?” She asked as she tried to tie the rope around the pail’s handle, but found there was no extra slack because there was a puppy attached to the other end. She shot her a playfully annoyed look. “Sarian, we’re working right now.” Yet she could not hide her laughter, and a tug-o-war soon commenced.

((400+ :: Control of Sarian is totally OK.))
[html]
OOC:OKIE DAY <3 Orin is all like -_____- | WC :: 400+

Aylu shook his head at her words. "I only know of her miss. I suspect you would want to know what happened but I cannot give that information right now. You seem sensible enough. You are the[i] childs[/] mother. If you want I can play with her for you. You seem tired. I was wondering if this pack had any pups. I meet some pups from Ichika. I would like to play and teach Sarian. If you are willing," he said noticing Orin's nervous jitters. He put the pup down. Orin had all the actions of a new mother and he didn't want her to not trust him with Sarian.

She relaxed as he put Sarian down and he took note not to pick her up like that again. Something was off about Orin. He wondered what had happened to the woman to make her so skiddish. He took the bucket with a smile. "I think I have met her but she never gave me her name. I was met at the boarders by her. I would have not come on pack lands if someone hadn't let me in and I wouldn't be trying to help you if I wasn't accepted. You seem really uptight Orin. You need to meditate. Thats what my master used to make me do. I really wish to have you trust me. I honestly mean you no harm," softly touching the woman's shoulder.

As soon as Orin asked about Kiara Sarian was yelling at them. "RARA!!!! Where is Rara? I tried to get to Rara. She love me. Play with me always. Always keep me safe.. Where is Rara?" the pup asked and Aylu winced. Sarian was looking around wildly and Aylu had to sit down before he said too much. He looked at Orin and mouthed that he would tell her later. As soon as he sat down Sarian had came up to him with wide silver and teal eyes and asked him where her Rara was. He gently put his hands around the thinish pup and picked her up so that she was at eye level with him. "Rara is far away. But she told me to tell you that she loved you and to trust Orin. Orin loves you," he said as Sarian's tail wagged. He put her back down as Orin tried to tie some of the rope on to the bucket only to have Sarian grab the other end as it dragged on the ground. Orin's look only made the pup pull harder and Aylu laughed as mother and daughter soon started a game of tug-o-war .

The greatest patience is humility.
template by revo. <3

[/html]
Sarian's reaction to the stranger's name surprised Orin, and she watched the puppy prod Aylu for more information with mouth agape. Who was Kiara? This name that got such a reaction out of the puppy. Was she her family? That idea didn't make much sense since she knew Shiloh had adopted Sarian, but still, Orin had already decided that she would care for the puppy as mother and daughter, but if she could reconnect her with her family that would be better for the child. The thought pained Orin, and she wondered, if given the chance, could she do it? First thing's first, she needed to know more about Kiara. She would have to ask Aylu in private. Hopefully Sarian would go down for a nap sooner than later, because the curiosity would eat her up inside. Now that Sarian was strong she supposed she could ask the girl a little more about where she and her mother was living, and the people they knew, before Shiloh's death.

Her thoughts were broken when she ended up in the impromptu tug of war with the gray child. She played along for a minute, growling back at her, but eventually Sarian's hold loosened and she snatched the rope up. When she tried to start the game over, Orin told her, “Wait just a minute, pigeon, and I'll let you tug the bucket back up from the well full of water. Ok?” She smiled, and the puppy seemed to like this idea. She could pull to her heart's content then.

With the rope now tied around the bucket, she motioned toward the well with a nod, signaling Aylu to lower it down for water.

“He's right pigeon, I do love you.” She wasn't sure she liked what he told Sarian, '...told me to tell you to trust Orin.' He lied to her, and by association made this enigmatic Kiara lie to her as well. Neither of them had known who Orin was before now. She understood that Aylu was just trying to appease the child and get her mind off of it for now. Also, he had taken it upon himself to voice his opinion of Orin, that she was tense and needed to meditate. She didn't think she liked this newcomer trying to gauge her or her problems, and that fact was obvious in the sideways glance she gave him.

“Just... help with the water...” She told him a bit disjointedly as she handed a length of the rope to Sarian. She wouldn't be able to pull the heavy bucket up on her own so Aylu would have to help, but surely if he knew so much he would figure that out, too. She leaned against the rocks of the well, staring off at nothing with her arms crossed as she waited for them to make the haul.

“I don't need any help with Sarian,” she told him. “Besides, there are others in the pack who help with raising the puppies, when there are any. I'll trust their help first, if you don't mind. You may be pack but I still don't know you.” Her words weren't aimed to slice, but they were still straightforward and she didn't sugar coat anything. Sarian had already been through so much, and she'd be damned if she let her into a stranger's trust now. Perhaps later after he had been in the pack for a while, but for now the child wasn't leaving her sight. Especially not until she unraveled this mystery of what happened to Shiloh, and who the heck was Kiara.

“After that's up,” she said, changing the subject... though she had a feeling Aylu wouldn't let her off that easy. “We'll take it to the barn and there I can give you some supplies. I have my satchel there. You don't need to go rifle through the old book store.”

((WC 600+))
Aylu's ears perked at her harsh tone. He did as he was told and lowered the bucket slowly then helped Sarian pull it back up. He stood behind the pup as she pulled with all her might. He would had laughed if Orin wasn't watching with this look on her face. As soon as the water bucket was on the side Sarian collapsed, tired from play and pulling. He watched her yawn and curl up. He put the bucket down and looked at Orin before looking down. "I am sorry. I shouldn't have asked. I just miss the company of the young. But I understand where your coming from. I will drop the subject and I think I will leave you alone after I take this bucket to the barn for you. It was not my place to suggest what one might need," he said softly looking at the tuckered out pup.

Aylu could sense something about Orin and the bookstore. "I have to go to the bookstore. I don't want to take your supplies. I'll find my own. Thank you for your help though. Lets get this water to the horses," he said as he picked up the bucket and started towards the barn. He didn't want the woman's supplies. She needed them more then him.