End of the Road.[j]
Desired Tier: Courtiers
Canine NPC: Paz[f] and Amon Russo[m] (1<) Krystalle Horzana[f](3<)
Non-Canine NPC: Axel the black sheep [ram], Vox the buckskin mustang[stallion], Senorita the paint [mare],

[html]

OOC: Tired family just wants home. :[

There was no home for them. They'd been moving for weeks, living as wanderers. Mars moved ahead of his family, the secui male pulling the sled that Bartholomew had found and originally lost. in the beginning. They also had taken Edge's sled from his David's possession because Mars needed something of his brothers (since he could not have the tail) as a trophy for what he had done to Edge. Edge was a big problem with Mars once upon a time, and he also was trouble for David, and many of their other siblings. He was a problem that needed to be gotten rid of, so Mars did it, and their mother would know, with the permanent departure of her dear stupid David, and the death and deliverance of Edge's tail. Amon was beside his father with Edge's sled, packed with the Russo's family things, including clothing that the Russo's were known to wear around. Amon was becoming a big boy, and he was able to shift into his secui and be able to fit it nicely, though in his Optime form, the length of the straps were not built for his height, and it was a little bit snug around his shoulders as well. Mars had done his best to fix it up for his son, but Amon was very much built like Mars' Russian family rather than the shepherd of Krystalle's family. Paz had taken to leading one of the horses, and Krystalle led the other, which would lead the family's sheep.

For once, Mars and Krystalle had not fought about where they were going to. There was little chance for them to be going as far north as Ichika, for Mars did not want to have to cross the mountain with the horses and Axel, at least not in the dead of winter. Maybe sometime in the spring if their first option did not work. It would be a nightmare for Mars, again, because of the large bodies of water that infected the territory of the Court, but he figured that they might have expanded their territory by now, since he had noticed that a lot of the other packs were shifting in their lands, becoming bigger and more spread out. They were also perpetually getting closer to each other. Mars cared not of the politics of a pack, he just needed the help of a pack and the structure because he wanted so bad to just be normal. As normal as he could be at least. If Mars was the only one to have been kicked out of Crimson Dreams, then Mars would have just gone to Cercatori D' Arte, but this was again, for the sake of his family. He could only think to go back to the Court, and beg Vigilante to let him back into the pack. Even if it meant getting on his knees to ask the mutt to let a fellow mutt come back home, along with a family that was willing to earn their keep. The secui male's fur bristled at the thoughts that were running through his head, and his ears were pinned back against his skull. His normally curled tail would fall to a relaxed and submissive posture as he would come upon the borders of his once home. The family did not ask Mars of his thoughts, for they were all in a solemn silence about this whole situation.

Mars looked to Krystalle, and then to his sled. A silent question to help him get unhitched so he could easily talk to the leader, or whoever came to greet them. She helped him out by unhooking the straps to the sled, leaving Mars with only his tarnished red harness snugly fitting the male's toned secui form. He sighed lightly and moved forward from his sled. He did not shift into his Optime form, for he needed to be in a humble position for this. He looked to the darkened sky, and then he lifted a howl to the members who could help him and his family on their plight.

Tell myself that I'll start again with a brand new name

[/html]
J!

Her ears were finely honed for the cries of newcomers, considering the quietness that hung around the borders lately. Caspa would have been happy to be called upon to fulfil her rank's commitment to newcomers far more than she had lately, although she knew that it was perhaps a sign of health in the lands around, that the pack which aimed to take in and shelter the outcasts as well as provide a stable front for the faithful members, had found itself short of tenancy. Caspa was certain this would be no lingering state of affairs. There were always, sooner or later, unfortunates to add to the ranks of the downtrodden, or courtly types who came desiring to protect and lend their talents to the honourable Miracles pack.

The dim atmosphere had sucked colour from the land, and would have done the same to the pale wraith which stalked it, four-legged for ease of travel, if she had not been utterly monochromatic already. In this light she could not see as far as usual, so the howl came across an expanse of land which she had thought was empty. Caspa's head lifted, lupus-short mane drifting almost lethargically with the swift movement, and her eyes darted like a hawk's to the almost invisible figures on the horizon, just stick-figures at this distance. She wasted no time in approaching, the scents a muddle which she could make little of despite one small note of familiarity that filtered through. She heard the snort of a horse, and there was the scent of another prey creature alongside. Then, the canines. Caspa's face was a frown of contemplation right until the moment she halted before them, distilling herself skeletally out of the gloom without a word. Her eyes roved over the husky male that had called her, the flock of creatures, the youngsters - and the woman.

Both of Caspa's ears perked, as much as they ever did - a movement barely visible, but her scarred jaw opened very slightly too in a gasp of recognition. "Krystalle," she murmured. "And Senorita…" She remembered the horse's name: it had been the first she'd seen ridden. She had not met the male, or caught his name: Krystalle had spoken only very briefly of the father of her unborn children. Caspa remained unfazed, however, her eyes returning to the face of the male who had made the call. An introduction was necessary, so she would address herself to him. "Well met. I am Caspa. What brings you here?" She couldn't stop a small note of concern creeping into her otherwise-even speech. This resembled nothing less than an exodus, and she suspected hard times were not far behind the little ensemble.
[html]

OOC: Red! Big Grin

It was remarkably fast that they were greeted, and it was by one who Mars was not familiar with, nor his children, but Krystalle was very familiar with the woman. She looked at the lupus formed woman with her bright pink eyes and she let a small smile come to her maw. She was happy to see a familiar face. When the woman spoke the names of Krystalle, and Senorita, Mars cast his gaze back towards the woman. Before Krystalle could say much of anything though, Caspa spoke again, to Mars this time. Mars was quick to turn his head back to her, a slight sharpness to this movement because of the sound she made with her voice, an overtone of concern that confused the multi-personality bearing male. He bent his white ear back on his head and he put his icy blue eyes on the woman and her strange appearance. Mars had seen dogs before, but never ones that were like this woman. The wolfdog's naturally curly tail was laid flat against his rump, not even raised the slightest bit because of the position that they were in. He looked at the dog and he slowly rolled his shoulders and let a small sigh pass his lips.

"Miss Caspa, it is a pleasure to meet you. I see you know Krystalle and Senorita, but you don't know the rest of the family. I'm Mars Russo, and the buckskin horse, and the ram are Vox and Axel in corresponding order. These are my children-" "I'm Amon Russo." interrupted Amon, who turned his head towards the woman, his mismatched eyes were on the thin woman. Amon had never seen a dog like she, and so he had a weird look on his face as he looked at her. Mars looked to his son though, and right as he was about to pipe back up to introduce his daughter, she had spoken up. Paz Russo is the name. the female teenager spoke to the woman. Ay, Caspa, You haven't seen them since they were inside m' belly. spoke Krystalle, looking at her growing children and then back to the white woman.

"Once upon a time my family and I lived here. We departed some time ago, but found no sanctuary from the other lands we have been. I wish to seek a place for myself and my family to live peacefully. If King Vigilante would like to help us with this plight, we all would be forever grateful. Viva la Cour des Miracles." spoke Mars, his head tilted towards the woman, his eyes looking at her throat, trying to be submissive without getting on his back. He spoke to her sincerely, and he obviously knew where he was and what he was talking about. He could only hope that the king would let them back into the land that was once his home.

Mars speaks Krystalle speaks Amon speaks Paz speaks

[/html]
Accepteddd

She had a task to do attaching names to faces, her eyes steady upon Mars, then Amon, then Paz. Caspa could not have appeared more oblivious to the strange glances her far-eastern heritage ever earned her. She was aware, but gave it little thought. They would get used to her soon enough. Some of the timber wolves from the locality might have observed the hybrid children with a similar bewilderment, but here in the Court they were used to any kind of canine hybrids, throwbacks and misfits. Indeed Caspa approved, for it lent the land colour and intrigue.

"They grow up so quickly," she commented with warmth at Krystalle's words, "Welcome to the both of you, to the world and to the pack," she added with some amusement looking again at the boy and the girl, before Mars began his explanation and she quietly set her attention to nothing but listening and understanding their circumstances.

It seemed indeed the family wished to enter the borders as packmates and Caspa could not keep her tail from swishing slowly, drawing herself up to full Chamberlain height as best she could. Doubtless Vigilante would have no qualms in accepting them back into the fold, so Caspa would do it for him. Additionally, her history with Krystalle gave her full confidence that they were trustworthy. She was glad to see that the parental duo had stuck together, despite Krystalle's unease during her pregnancy. Perhaps such things were usual for an expectant mother, to have strange fears and thoughts. She had never put her finger on what was bothering her during her pregnancy. Doubtless whatever that had been had receded into the background of the problem of homelessness. "I am certain he will help you in any way he can, but in the meantime let me welcome you on his behalf. Consider yourselves Courtiers once more… or Cavaliers, if you feel the call to fight…" she mused, winking at the pups and then glancing from Krystalle back to Mars. She suspected they would none of them be in the time of life for the more war-like rank tier but they should know they had the option. "You know the lands already, then? Have you a home in mind - the hotel has many empty rooms, and the village of Lunenberg hasn't fallen down yet, either." The human buildings were strong, but without maintenance they wouldn't last forever. Caspa wasn't an architect but she suspected most of the houses were good for another lifetime or two.
[html]

OOC: yey >:] wc:555

Krystalle nodded her head at the woman's comment. Faster than you could imagine. spoke the woman, a soft smile forming upon her maw, though the smile was not full, to avoid having to show her teeth, for she still was apprehensive about showing the fact that she was missing a few teeth because of one, Mars Bartholomew Russo. Or Hurricane, really. When the white woman continued to speak, the children's attention, as well as the attention of the two adults were on her, and like that, without even seeing the King, they were accepted into the pack. It was strange to Mars, for the last time he had been accepted he had spoken straight with Vigilante. Mars looked to the woman's eyes with his icy blue ones. He bowed his head deeply then and then looked to his children, who did the same. Krystalle slightly bowed her head and then took the reigns of her steed. I personally thank you, miss Caspa. spoke Amon, and Paz was not far behind. As do I. Mommy and Daddy weren't sure of where else to go but here... I'm so glad that you have accepted us. spoke the child, to Mars' discontentment. Mars didn't think that Caspa needed to know that much, or the whole story of why they had come here of all places, especially with all the water that encompassed this land.

She speaks the truth. So I thank you as well, Miss Caspa. My family will not let the Court down. he pledged to the woman, nodding his head lightly as he took a seat and wrapped his curly tail around his feet. She spoke then of the places where they would make their home. They needed the room for the livestock, and Mars already planned on going back to Lunenburg, where he had his house that he had fixed up with his father some time ago. Your lands have expanded since the last time I was here, but I'm sure that I'll be able to find everything the same. Mars started to speak to the woman, his eyes looking into her own. Lunenburg is the town I'm more familiar with, so I think we will take my home back up there, where I used to live. I'm sure the building are still there. My father also had a home that was right next door that seemed in good condition as well, so if my old one is taken, then we can settle in my father and brother's old home. spoke Mars and nodded his head again to the woman. I thank you again, Miss Caspa. If I may ask, how long have you been in the court? I did not see your face before when I lived in the Court. asked the male to the woman. Krystalle and the children were silent while the two conversed, but Axel decided that he wanted to be loud and annoying with his constant baaing at nothing.

Mars turned to the beast and gave a sharp bark, which effectively shut the animal up. Can I also ask you for a favor? he asked, turning his head back towards the woman. He needed to speak with the King, and he needed someone to deliver that message to him.

[/html]
There was something so heartfelt and honest about the words of children that Caspa appreciated. She did not acknowledge them today though, feeling that perhaps their confessions might be a little painful - especially for the parents, whose indecision or feelings of helplessness they would not wish to parade too much in public. Still, Caspa was nothing if not discreet and if there was anybody they might gain from confiding in, she could at least offer the utmost confidentiality.

She waited patiently as they thanked her, sure that they must know that Vigilante would have done the same. A returning member - a vulnerable family with nowhere to go - and a personal friend. The judgement had been easy, and for that she almost wanted to thank the Russo clan in return. So her words were as gracious as theirs: "It is always good to greet new faces and I think it remarkable good fortune to find so many arriving at once." Mars had already considered their next move, it seemed, for there was no conference between them as he informed her that Lunenburg would likely be their destination. She nodded and then tipped her head as his voice became more inquiring: asking about her own length of residence. "A year or so," she gave a small smile to Krystalle, "I remember meeting you in the woods not long after I arrived here. Oh, that winter was harsh," she murmured, although it had been almost over by the time of their encounter. "Ask away, I will do all I can," she added in response to his final request.
[html]

OOC: <3 wc: 440

Paz gave the monotone woman a charming smile, one that was a mixture of her father's and mother's own smiles and yet, taking on a whole different feel than both of the parents. Amon's smile was exactly like his father's though, as was most everything else about the child. Amon was strongly influenced by his father in every way, not only physically, but mentally as well, and the tailless child did show it. Amon, being in his secui form, had taken a seat where he was on the sled and his mismatched eyes were on his mother as Caspa had spoken to her after speaking with Mars. Mars turned his head towards Krystalle. It was a good thing that she knew Caspa, because then this would have been slightly harder, he figured. Krystalle nodded her head. These winters are horrible. Mars always gotta make somethin' warmer for me, ch'know? spoke the woman, as she crossed her hands over her chest and she rubbed her leather coated arms. M'fur wasn't made for these types of winters. she spoke with a sigh. Mars bent his mismatched ears back lightly and he looked to Caspa as she gave permission for him to ask her a favor.

Since I do believe you will be telling the King of my return, can you also tell him that I would like to speak to him personally? I have things I need to speak to him about. spoke the male, bowing his head lightly and lowering his eyes from hers to her throat once more. And also, has the ranking system changed within the Court? Are there any new jobs and stuff? I would like to freshen up my memory and also help my children figure out what they want to do when they become of age. spoke the male, nodding his head lightly. Amon became interested in the conversation, and the look on his face showed it, and he leaned in lightly. He wanted to interject and ask his own questions, but he was sure that Caspa would answer it within the generalized question that his father had asked. Amon admired his father for his intelligence, yet feared him for his insanity.

Yet, who would not fear their father if their father was as insane as Mars? Amon was tailless because of his father. This was a fact and a permanent reminder that Mars would never be normal. There was no such thing as a normal Mars. Amon was growing to accept that fact, while Paz loved every inch of their father, and would do anything to please him.

[/html]
Caspa and Krystalle had their exotic heritage in common and the white hound shot her old acquaintance an understanding and long-suffering kind of look… all the while listening carefully to Mars' request. "Yes, of course," she murmured, although it was never easy to track the vigilant Vigilante down, she was sure she could manage with a specific purpose in mind. "You may run into him before me, though - he will be interested to hear of your return, and pleased." she added. As for his latter question, all she could say was "It has not changed since my arrival. There are Courtiers, Cavaliers and an array of careers within… my friend Terra is a Storyteller." She racked her brains to remember the other co-ranks. "We have a medic in the form of Vigilante's son Liam. Only a tiny puppy when I first joined but he acquitted himself well in the war… There are no teachers, midwives or gardeners, which is unfortunate." Caspa had considered taking all these positions but she could never quite make a final decision. "Strelein is something to do with clothes. Lady in Waiting," she remembered without a hint of amusement. But that might have just been her eternally straight face. "Then, there are those who manage the stables and horses," she went on, "Alder is alone in those tasks, I believe… the King doubles as a blacksmith, although as there is no official canine controlling the armoury he probably does that too. As for hunting and building, two other paths - well, we all share those roles," she explained weakly. There simply weren't enough dedicated canines here for the structure that had been set up: but that wasn't a bad thing, necessarily. The place still worked, and everyone helped each other. Sooner or later, another busy time would come - perhaps when Mars and Krystalle's pups were grown - and maybe then the ranks would swell, but it would never stay at its peaks: with a ramshackle history like theirs, it looked likely the Court would always be an unpredictable environment. Thank goodness for the core members who were loyal and strong, without them it would have fallen long ago.
[html]

OOC: OOC: I'm gonna go ahead and end this here but we need another thread with maybe just mars and caspa if you would like :] or if you want we can plot with Caspa and Bartholomew or somethingggg Big Grin just PM me if you want to do something <3
wc: 836

Krystalle caught the look of sympathy that the woman shot her, and she accepted such a look with a nod of her head. Krystalle's head then would move to look at Mars. Mars was glad to hear that the woman would try to get in contact with the King so that Mars could personally speak to the male, but that he might be able to track him down before she could.. He nodded his head to those words and kept the thought in mind, then he listened on for the next words of the woman that would explain to him what has changed and she spoke of some of the other members. When midwives, and teachers had come up, Mars' gaze moved to Krystalle, and he also thought about gardening for the girls as well, for he knew plant knowledge enough to teach them what they needed to know. He continued to think and to listen to the woman while she continued with even co-ranks. Mars remembered hearing about the other tailor that was around when he was in CdM last, but he hadn't realized that the male was still around, so he looked kind of intrigued at the news of the male still being the lady in waiting.

Mars did not speak the whole time that the white woman had. The others also stayed quiet, though just by looking at their faces, you could tell that not only were Mars and Krystalle tired, but the children were so tired that they didn't even want to stand any longer. They knew that their journey was not finished just yet, but they still were tired and since they were just standing around, they decided to sit and Amon even went as far as to lay down on the ground with his head on his paws. I think that we'd be able to spread out pretty effectively to fill some of those ranks for you. the male spoke and nodded his head.

"Daddy, I'm tired..." spoke the growing girl who was rubbing her bi-colored eyes of pink and violet. "Me too dad." complained the son of the husky-wolf. Mars looked at his children, then to their mother, and then to the horses and the sheep. Everyone was tired. If it isn't much of a problem, miss Caspa, we would enjoy it if we could depart to Lunenburg now. My children are still much too young to be up all night and all day. the man spoke to her, nodding his head lightly as he looked at the monochrome woman. The secui male finally stood up and looked to Krystalle to help with attaching him back to his sled. She came to his side for a moment, but he moved from her side and went over to Amon. He looked too tired to pull it on his own, and the only two harnesses they had were being used by the only two who would fit the harnesses. Mars thought if he had any rope, and he figured that he did somewhere in all of his stuff that he did. He looked to Krystalle. Look for some extra rope to tie the sleds together, Amon looks like he needs the help pulling his too, so we might has well just tie them together on the legs of the sleds. Then we both can be pulling both of them. he spoke to the woman, and she nodded her head and started to look through the things on the sled.

She soon found the rope and then started to tie the sleds together by the legs of it so that the sleds were really just one big one. Then Krystalle helped hook the boys back up to the sled and Mars gave one last look at Caspa. You will see us again, Miss Caspa. Thank you so much for allowing us entry into our home. If you ever need anything from me, or my family, don't hesitate to call me. Even if the task is not something I can handle on my own, I'll find a way to handle it for you. spoke the male, giving the woman this promise as if it was just customary for him to do so. Only because this was the last time he ever wanted to move packs. He did not want to ever leave here again. He would make things work here. They had to, and they would.

With those words came a greeting of departure with the other three, almost too tired to even talk much to the monochrome woman. The same offer extends to me, Caspa. Thank you so much for allowing us to come into the Kingdom. We won't let you down. spoke the dog-woman and she mounted upon Vox's back once again and let Mars lead the way. With their farewells, they gave bows of respect for the woman before they started to head slowly to Lunenburg.

[/html]