darling, it's time to turn a new leaf.
[html]
The fur on the back of Laurel's neck was the only thing that visibly prickled when Nikita had reacted, timed evenly with Laurent's reaction. The wolf—Zephyr, he said—seemed a bit ragged and worn and Laurel reckoned just as hungry as the next guy. His olive eyes gazed over him with a certain look of scrunity, but it passed quickly. He wasn't shifted and in his mind, perhaps foolishly, not really a threat. Not when the four of them were shifted and one of them clearly armed. Raising a hand to scratch at the back of his head, he shrugged. “You weren't really intruding on anything, but you might not want to sneak up on folks like that.” After all, some didn't react so well to it. “I'm Laurel, Miss Quick Hands here is Nikita, and these two,” he gestured, “are Laurent and Jasper.” Guessing by Zephyr's accent, like Laurel's, he wasn't from anywhere nearby. Unknown of just what the wolf wanted, Laurel turned back to the lovers and picked up where he had intented to start off. “Anyway… I'm guessing Laurie's told you about what we're up to. You two in for sure?”
[/html]
[html]
Laurent invited the wolf to come and join them while Nikita noticed Jasper slip slightly behind him from the corner of her eye. It didn’t seem that any anxieties were well-founded, however. The accented wolf spoke and, after a moment of scrutiny herself, slipped her hand back into her pocket. He introduced himself as Zephyr, and Laurel got around to introducing all of them. She chewed her lip nervously as she wished, once again, that her old habits died a bit quicker than they were as of now. Regardless, Laurel went back to what he was saying as if Zephyr had been in on it the whole time. She nearly-reluctantly turned to face the other three, though there was a spot in the loose gathering for the newest wolf.
[/html]
[html]
Laurent allowed Jasper to slip behind him, his hand seeking out the other male's in an effort to comfort him. To Laurel's question, Laurent nodded, his head turning slightly to look to Jasper too. "I believe the only condition we had was that if he's interested, Jasper's father be allowed to tag along....he tends to be more reclusive, but I'd like him to be welcome if that's fine." for the moment, he had no proper way to include the stranger, but his bright eyes did turn to him briefly. It seemed odd to be talking about the birth of a troupe and not include the person who had wandered up, and so his eyes did turn to Laurel with a silent question as if to what they would do, or if they would include him.
[/html]
[html]
There was very little for Jasper to actually say about the whole ordeal, as his concerns have been expressed to Laurent before they had even left the room. Like always, of course, Laurent remembered everything that Jasper said and even brought it up, which caused him to shine a smile at his mate, giving a light squeeze to his hand. Of course, being the oblivious one often could be an interesting thing. Rather suddenly, Jasper lifted his other hand, pointing to the other stranger, who had yet to approach their group. "Is he comin'?" He asked then, head cocked halfway to the side, turning his questioning gaze to the other stranger.

[/html]
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... _05bot.jpg) no-repeat bottom; padding-top: 0px;">

The nomadic male felt a little uneasy with the tension in the room, the tension that he had caused. On the ship, the crew had left he and his mate alone for the better part of the trip, only asking them to help if they needed an extra set of hands someplace. Mostly cleaning, since neither of them had been able to shift into that larger form like the others. They had been offered a spot on the ship in exchange for one of Devlin's maps, old human artifacts that depicted the continents.

He had caught on to what they were talking about, nodding at the introductions and then simply watching and listening. Nikita didn't seem to be that comfortable around him, but he didn't expect her to be. He was a stranger, one who had been just stupid enough (or just lucky enough) to have wandered in. "I haven't a place t'go" He said. It would be up to them, whether he would stay, but he had been thinking about settling down for a while now. "If ye need an extra hunter or scout...I'd be pleased t'join you. I may not look it but I'm a real hand at fishin', too, with bein' on the ship all that time. I picked up a few tips."

[/html]
[html]
“That'd be fine, I don't have a problem if his old man wants to tag along. Y'know how the saying goes, the more the merrier,” and in which case at Jasper's question and Zephyr speaking up once again, Laurel offered him a smile. “In which case, you're welcome to join us too if you want. I think the five or six of us would make quite the motley crew.” Then again, what little troupe of gypsies didn't have some sort of diversity? Variety was the spice of choice and needless to say, the true spice of life in this case. “If we're all set, I reckon we should pick through the city and get some vital stuff and then head out to the place we've scouted out.” Aside from where he and Nikita had stashed a couple of spare belongings, there were things needed at hand. Tents for starters was the first thing in Laurel's mind, then maybe things to make fire with and such. Maybe liquor, who knew. Important things!
[/html]
[html]
My last post here.

Yes, Laurent had mentioned Jasper’s father the first time they had met. Nikita had no qualms with him — or anyone, for that matter — joining up. As usual, Laurel voiced her own opinion for her, and also added the same for Zephyr. Though she could only assume that he was in wolf form because he could not shift (which was fine; she had met many wolves of that such before, and they had their own ways of being very useful), he seemed to be a good enough guy. Decent sense of humor, too. And, after a few deliberations, it seemed that they were to go and explore the city and scrounge for some things to get them started. Seeing as though Laurel and she had only carried bare minimums for themselves on the road, they would need a lot of new basic survival stuff for a group of five or six. Best get on that, then. Waiting for the rest of the group to mobilize, she kept closer to Laurel than anyone and set out into the city.
[/html]
[html]
He was quiet for a moment, considering everything that was going down and basking in the glow of a fresh, new birth. "How about we get started then?" He said, his voice a husky tenor with a tremor of happiness in it. Laurent loved working with his hands, and what better time than when a fresh camp had to be started? This was the prime moment, and as he looked to Jasper he gave a radiant smile, his love most likely seeing the truth in his joy more than anyone. So long he had wanted to belong, so long he had wanted a home, but more importantly, he wanted family. It seemed, with the arrival of old familiar friends, he had been given just that.
[/html]