empire of gold
[html]

+3 Birth number two takes place early (ie; 10-11am), and is AW. At least one medic is requested, though I'd like participants to only join one thread. :>

With one birth done, it seemed a chain reaction had begun. Salvia had barely gotten time to look over the fierce little colt she called Tiger when Abendrot had come to her side. The lynx was a wonderful pair of eyes, and he was smart enough to know what to look for. More then she, even, the cat could scent the milk. The Arbiter was watching Tiger suckle at Luna, who was licking his fuzzy little flank with pride. Having only ever seen one foal, she was still amazed by how tiny they were. A soft, warm shape at her heel caused the girl to look down.

“Horse,” he said, and licked at his chest. The cat was a proud creature and Salvia respected him for this, dropping down to lift the lynx into her arms. While heavy, she was a strong girl and found his weight bearable. Though he did not often allow her to pick him up in public, the scratches to his chin brought forth a deep purr. She let him drop down when he was quite finished and headed towards the stall. Her father’s horse was much less worried then Luna had been, and being a second-time mother (at least) it was likely going to be easier. With the success of Luna, though, Salvia was confident.

Having the cat with her gave another addition, and that was that Abendrot was able to provide fresh food. He brought her small catches, though she did not rely on him exclusively. The slave pulled her weight, but she had other duties now—Salvia had expressly told her to pick up an extra patrol in the event that any of the Ichikans (or their allies) decided to make a stance at odds with the peaceful beliefs they seemed to hold.

<style>
#sal-tiger {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#sal-tiger p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#sal-tiger p.anatole-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#sal-tiger .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-weight:normal; }
#sal-tiger .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#sal-tiger b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#sal-tiger u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#sal-tiger b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Imhotep Aabt,
Gleaming in the moonlight
Cool and clean and all I've ever known
All I ever wanted.

Imhotep hardly had anything to do and Odessa had told him about the horses. He figured it was something to do and think about. After all he wasn't doing anything important and helping his pack well that was more worth while then sitting at home doing nothing.

Moving along the pack to where the stables were he figured he'd let Odessa rest a little and take a shift checking on the horses and being there if a medic happened to be needed. He had never met Salvia and wondered what the woman was like. He also wondered if she would find such distaste in his advances. He had not seen any real distaste from members at the supper but the fact remained he worried.

Imhotep stepped into the barn and smiled. He sand kissed fur was under a fur rimed cloak. It was something he had gotten at the festival and he had one for odessa he was planning to surprise her with. Salvia greeting He bowed a little bit. golden eyes not looking at her directly. Odessa informed me you may need a medic for the other horses. So I came to poke my nose in. He spoke giving a slight chuckle. He wasn't really sure what he could do. Setting a broken bone no problem, scrape a cake walk horses well this was new indeed.

Sweet perfumes of incense
Graceful rooms of alabaster stone
All I ever wanted.

template by revo. <3 Modifications by Becca

[/html]
[html]

An unfamiliar sound came from outside, the shuffle of feet against damp earth, and Salvia turned her attention to it. The sandy dog appeared soon after, and Salvia greeted him properly. The show of submission was not lost on her, and she once again was reminded how no one—regardless of age or experience—could demand from her now. Only two others could, and she had been following Sirius since she was a child. It was hardly a change, though she walked boldly and expected others to give her the right of way. Without a doubt she was amongst the truest of Salsolian members, and could think only of a few others comparable.

One was Odessa, and blood aside, Salvia respected the medic for her loyalty and duty to the pack. It was because of this she was curious and even questioning of this unfamiliar man, who spoke with a strange accent and wore strange jewelry and clothing. She regarded him aloofly, green eyes half-lidded and piercing. “Ah yes, Imhotep. I didn’t know you were a healer as well,” the Arbiter said, her tone hinting that she was doubtful of his skills. “Horse has given birth before, so we probably won’t need to do much. With any luck she’ll settle soon.” A glance to the big mare was given, but she was still pacing as Luna had done. “Are you pleased with her?” Salvia asked suddenly, looking sharply at the man. It was clear she was speaking of Odessa.

<style>
#sal-tiger {
}
#sal-tiger p {
}
}
#sal-tiger .txtooc {
#sal-tiger .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#sal-tiger b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#sal-tiger b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: ###

Imhotep slowly removed the furred cloak and looked at her. She seemed to have a look that could cut like a knife. Yep he was still the low man on the totem pole, he didn't mind that so much what he minded were the looks he got. He nodded to her words. I know some things, never to old to learn new things. He spoke smiling as he moved towards her.

Besides Odessa does it and well, I can be close to her He spoke looking away for a mere moment. He looked at the horse, it was not the first time he'd seen one born but he'd never helped. He had just been there watching then he had been a child. now he was a man. With a job and a pack counting on him.

She spoke again and he turned full attention to her. She deserved that it was respectful. She spoke of Odessa not using her name it made him slightly angry and he wasn't sure why. She's not a piece of pottery or an item of any sorts.He said lightly. I'm not pleased by her, I love her and will treat her as she deserves like a goddess. He spoke as he looked at Salvia. What on earth did she want from him. He wasn't sure if he just had a vibe to him or what but he kept his head low and his tone respectful.

Image courtesy of I don't know o.o; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.immy-template { background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... ytable.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#d59649; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:260px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ffffff; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.immy-template b {color:#974700; }
.immy-template p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.immy-template p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.immy-template .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It was always useful to learn new things. Salvia embraced the concept of knowledge because it led to strength; wisdom was one of the few things that could command respect as well as physical strength. A fighter who knew how to trick an opponent was a fighter who would survive. She was simple in her concepts of such things and only saw worth in useful information. The mysticism of her mother fell short for the blonde girl, who bowed her head to no gods and no demons.

Though his tone was even, she imagined she sensed some aggression lingering under it. He gave no sign of outright rebellion, but there was a faint stiffness in his voice that suggested such. Good. A thin smile crossed her face, its sharpness the only indication of the faint coyote heritage she held. Often, when she smiled, she looked like her uncle. “You must understand,” she countered, her tone steely. “Odessa is my cousin; she and I spent most of our childhood together. I do not want to see her harmed by any man.” She was much too fragile for that. Salvia’s green eyes burned with peculiar fires as they stared after the dog, black tipped tail flicking once, cat-like, behind her.

<style>
#sal-tiger {
}
#sal-tiger p {
}
}
#sal-tiger .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: ### I also noticed that Isis Immys horse hasn't been added that she's stabled here o.o thought i stated that when I added her to directory.

Imhotep watched her he wasn't sure that he should have answered what she had asked. He was angry at the way she asked the question. And he had asked Eris he need not deal with this woman telling him that the pairing displeased her. He looked at her sun gold eyes watching her.

His braids were pulled into a pony tail and he just looked at her. I wont hurt her He would never dream of it. everything he had done since coming here was for her. He moved to sasola because she asked him. He lived with her because she asked him to. He worked on the clinic and became a medic for her. All to be near her to see her because she showed that she cared about him. He wasn't a slave to her he was a man he had worth here.

I am her mate and I will protect her, care for her and do anything she asks. He spoke looking at her and then the horse. He had a feeling she was not done giving hi the once over. He didn't mind so much but the man wasn't all that bad. A bit of a cradle robber but all and all not a bad man. He leaned on the stall and looked at Salvia. He turned from her for a moment looking at all the horses. He smiled maybe he could breed Isis and raise the baby to be one of his children's horses.

<style>
.immy-template { background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... ytable.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#d59649; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:260px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ffffff; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.immy-template b {color:#974700; }
.immy-template p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.immy-template p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.immy-template .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It's likely that when you mentioned that the expansion wasn't complete. I'd post about it in the SL maint. again, as the stables will need updated with the foals anyway.

Salvia observed the man with sharp eyes, alert and prepared for any sign of open rebellion. She would not have stood for it, mate of her cousin or not, but was pleased to see he managed to control himself. This proved he understood the law of subservience even if his pride was wounded. Swearing fealty to Salsola meant submission to those of higher rank—and she was amongst the highest despite her age, a sign of both her prowess and value to the leaders.

She flicked one ear dismissively. “We will see,” she said, suggesting her judgment had not yet passed. Before the man could begin to defend himself there was a noise from within the stall. Horse had finally begun to settle, dropping to a position not unlike the one that Luna had assumed. Her larger legs forced her to stick these to one side, and Salvia moved to the entrance of the stall quickly. This time she did not enter—Horse was an experienced mare and would likely not need help, but certainly watchful eyes to ensure the birth went well.

Excited despite herself, the blonde girl’s tail gave a wag behind her but settled not long after.

<style>
#sal-tiger {
}
#sal-tiger p {
}
}
#sal-tiger .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: p>

It seemed as though the two both cared for Odessa and would do anything to make sure she was well cared for. In the end though that seemed to be where the common things between them stopped. The older male was not out to harm his young wife. He had even been sure to not do anything with her. They need not rush things due to a title. He wanted to just take their time and in time it would be right and they would have children and the world would be right.

Imhotep had to admit he prided himself with holding his cool. She was still above him though she was younger. He would not step out of his place he would not cause Odessa to suffer in any way because of his actions. Salvia moved to look at the horse and Imhotep turned his Attention to the mare as well.

He glanced at Salvia then back to the mare. He had never seen anything born before. Not even his siblings or other children. The miracle of life was something he had always seemed to wonder about. Imhotep stopped to look at the woman she was the one who knew more he wasn’t all too worried and he wasn’t sure the part he would play here.

<style>
.imzer { background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... mhotep.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ffb066; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 260px 0px; color:#ffffff; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.imzer b {color:#974700; }
.imzer p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.imzer p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.imzer .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.imzer-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Such considerations of love were hardly things Salvia worried about. She was too focused on the idea of power, of her rank and her rising control within the pack. Her family had even taken a backseat in this manner, but this was due to Sirius’ direct coaching rather than her own decision. By carefully manipulating her as a girl, he had fashioned a tiger bound by choice rather than chains. Salvia had fought for him and would kill for him if need be. Already she had seen the faces of her enemies, and she felt no fear.

The horse strained and her water broke. Confident that the older animal was experienced, Salvia doubted there would be much need for the two wolves to assist her. It was still reassuring to have another medic present, in the event that anything did go wrong. Pale feet shifted but Salvia did not enter the stall, leaning over the door to watch as the big mare grunted and pushed and began the process of birth. She glanced to the dog, and surprisingly, gestured for him to come to the stall door.

“Do you want to go in? We probably won’t need to do much, but we need to make sure her foal is breathing. They’re all wrapped up when they come out—it helps to clear their faces.” She had done this for Tiger, though he had required further assistance due to Luna’s inexperience. Her offspring was promising though; when she was able to foal again Salvia was certain her next foal would be equally wonderful.

<style>
#sal-tiger {
}
#sal-tiger p {
}
}
#sal-tiger .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: Sorry toasted brains

Imhotep watched the young woman as she moved herself and he had to admit this was rather exciting. He couldn't help but be amazed by what was unfolding infront of him. The mare was stressed slightly from birth and he wondered what it would be like for a luperci to give birth. Never seeing anything like this he was just so amazed.

Imhotep looked at her. Yes lets he said as he moved to her and in. The golden prince was learning something knew each time and he found himself watching the mare and thinking about Odessa. I've never seen anything born before. He said as he looked at her and then to the mare.

Salvia is it like this for us? He asked. The older male may have years on the woman but the fact was he was so young mentally at times. There were things he didn't know things he wished he needed to know. He watched hoping to learn what ever he could.

<style>
.imzer { background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... mhotep.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ffb066; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 260px 0px; color:#ffffff; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.imzer b {color:#974700; }
.imzer p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.imzer p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.imzer .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.imzer-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]