Joining - Loner
  • Character Name: Julian Starfinder
  • Character Birthdate (including year): March 13, 2008
  • Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
  • Species (not applicable to canines): --
  • Your e-mail: mudpuppie[at]gmail[dot]com
  • A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): esk1mopotato (AIM)
  • How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: I've lurked for years, but Sonia seduced me into actually joining. Tongue
  • Initial post or three past examples: I don't have the energy to write a post right now (it's 2 AM as I compose this application, gahh), so I will include three samples from various threads in which I am involved at WWS. If this is not sufficient, please let me know.

Quote:Another silent moment, another fleeting lock of gazes, another moment of intrepid probes of the mind carefully reaching out, touching one another, curiously feeling the consciousnesses that lurked behind intelligent eyes of opposing hues, honey and turquoise. There was something about this wolf that intrigued Sphinx; it was a strength of some kind, something about the way in which he carried himself. Her experienced eye told her this wolf had fought countless battles, his past was stained with the blood of many, and yet he was no uncivilized slob – he was a proper warrior, a silver knight with a tongue equally as smooth. And so it seemed her judgement was correct when he spoke, his deep, dark voice pouring from within him like a panther's purr and his bright eyes glistening windows to some dark mystery, some great captivation.

"The constellations – lovely oracles. The leaping Bull, the fierce abstraction of the Lion." She nodded following his words, agreeing with him and at the same time somewhat impressed by the fact that he seemed to know what he was talking about. "Skywatchers" were a dime a dozen in these lands, but a wolf who truly knew the heavens with the depth and the understanding that she herself did was a rare find. "It would be the fulfillment of an innermost desire to spend but a night among the stars, to know their secrets and touch their shining surfaces." "Yes, that it would. I would give nearly anything to run alongside the almighty Orion, to outwit the clever Great Bear, to bask in the otherworldly beauty of the Seven Sisters." A small grin played on her face as her eyes beheld the very stars of which she spoke so fondly, before they fell again to the handsome face of her enigmatic acquaintance, still entirely unknown to her. "And what fine company I would have among the cosmos; tell me, silfrdrengr, by what name do you hail?"

Quote:From where he stood, it seemed he could see the very edge of the world, where it ended and fell away suddenly into the cosmos. The sunset this evening was fiery and explosive, colours of every imagineable hue painting the sky in a wild, vibrant display of Nature's passion – from blazing scarlet to burning amber, to shimmering gold to luminous azure, all blending and fading into a deep, subdued, velvety purple as the sun sank lower into the horizon. Tiny stars twinkled faintly, timidly, in the sun's dying splendor, hesitantly unveiling themselves as the shades of night slowly descended over the lands. The Novan Centurion, tall and powerful, black coat glistening with the ethereal glow of the heavens above, stood atop a crag jutting out over empty space, thousands of feet up in the air. Behind him, a wide crack in the mountain rock formed the entrance to a deep, black cave; this was where he had denned in his youth after he had left the Phases. He felt like a god up here, so high above the rest of the world, and the only thing missing was his golden princess at his side. He cut an impressive image against the fiery sky, one that might have had followers of his father muttering amongst themselves that the firstborn of Sinistra had finally, after all this time, become his father's son.

He was not afraid, despite his precarious position this high up. Many wolves might have balked at the sheer altitude, but Romulus thrilled in it. He was a mountain-born wolf, Novan by blood and by right, and there was nothing like the rush of the wind raking its cool, stiff fingers through his fur as he looked out over the world from altitudes so high that trees looked like grass. Up here, he could allow his mind to wander, to contemplate the things that plagued him or intrigued him, and that was exactly what he did tonight. Shila and her recently adopted puppies were at the forefront of his thoughts; he felt bad because he had spent a lot more time than usual away from her and the den, but he was just having a hard time adusting to the concept of being a "father figure". There was also the issue of getting back into the rhythm of pack life, which he felt he had done fairly smoothly under the circumstances. He was still very much a loner at heart, though, and that would probably never change.

Quote:She listened as he spoke, her interest being particularly piqued at the mention of her princess daughter, Salene. It almost made her chuckle, really, knowing how her daughter was. Salene Eshe made it her business to know everyone else's business – and wisely so – for she knew that knowledge was power when aspiring to the throne of a mighty kingdom. Sphinx was not ignorant of her daughter's dream of one day leading Winterheart in her mother's place, but she also knew that there was yet much growing and learning for the girl to do before she would be ready to take on such a burden. Leviathan had proven that it could be done when one wasn't yet ready, but Sphinx would not have wanted to willingly put anyone – especially her own child – through that. Leviathan's situation had been, as most knew, an unexpected circumstance.

The silver-dressed warrior invited her to recline with him as he regaled her with the story of her namesake, and she accepted his offer with enthusiasm. Ever a teller of stories herself, keeper of the imaginations of children and vault of the tales and lore of old, she was thrilled to find herself in the position of being indulged in a story she did not yet know. She moved to a comfortable place in front of him and relaxed amidst a bed of fragrant lilacs, lying in her characteristic Sphinx-like position, and allowed her cool sea-coloured eyes to play in the warmth of his amber gaze.

His voice was like the roll of distant thunder as he set the scene for her, and she was surprised by the clarity and vividness of what she could see in her mind's eye. It was almost as if the moon-kissed storyteller possessed some obscure power that allowed him to project what he saw into her mind. She was there, looking upon the majesty of the lands of Ra, blinking in the blinding intensity of the sun. She could smell the River Nile and its life-giving waters, she could hear the shouts of men in the distance, could feel the heat radiating from the golden sands beneath her paws. And there, rising from the earth and towering ever skyward toward the heavens, smooth and shining as glacial ice on mountains in the wintertime, lay the Great Sphinx herself. She was a powerful image to behold, her body heavy and muscular and feline, her face beautiful and feminine. She was more than just a woman of power, she was a mother of Egypt, a goddess forever stationed here on earth to watch over the people who walked, tiny as ants, at her giant paws.

However short Caligula's tale was in length, it brought an entirely new perspective to the Bellatrix as she lay there gazing at him. She could say nothing, only ponder with incredulity what she'd just envisioned. A brief moment of silence hung over them and in that moment, Sphinx realized that Caligula Aurelius Nero was far more than the mere lupine form in which his spirit had been trapped. He was no mere wolf, he was a historian, he was a genius, he was a king, and he was a prophet of gods, somehow mistakenly placed in a form that limited his greatness only to what little a wild animal could do. Sphinx was enraptured, for as previously mentioned she was a moth to the light of an articulate man and that still stood true, but the light became so much brighter when the man in question was an intellectual enigma, a smooth-voiced phantom wrapped in shadow. Ever more enticing was that Caligula did not remain wholly enveloped in mystery, but allowed occasional glimpses into the power and the intelligence that lay beneath his cape of the unknown. She found it interesting, she found it unusual, she found it attractive. Like a bachelor who witnesses fleeting glances of smooth, taut flesh beneath a long black dress, Sphinx could only thirst for more.

A small grin lit up her face as she replied, her voice a soft breeze in comparison to his distant thunder. "Fascinating," came her simple response, though there was so much more she could say about it. She cocked her head a little, eyeing him curiously. "I would venture to say that makes me far more than a mere singer of riddles then, does it not, dear warrior?" She grinned again, arching a brow, her eyes tracing the scars that gleamed in the moonlight – a trait they shared in common – and the shadows that played on his noble face. "Though I've no riddles for you tonight, I would know more of the man who so easily captivates a queen as difficult to impress as myself. Indulge me, Caligula Aurelius Nero, for I long to know more about you."
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the RP Guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up Word of the Day points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.