everything looks perfect from far away
Writing this in my French lecture, so I feel so disjointed h'omg. @_@
[html]
[/html]Claudius ducked his head out of thanks when Terra went about thanking him. He realized how silly it was and then laughed quietly and awkwardly, wondering how he could possibly respond now. He was starting to understand how to respond to Terra, but he'd only just met her and it was very tough since she insisted on being both perplexing and perfectly reasonable at the same time. He decided to settle on a casual shrug since he didn't want her to think he was all stuck-up and full of himself. He was quite enjoying himself and didn't want to come off as stuffy or worse, unintelligent.

His question gave her pause and Terra had to think about it for a few seconds before she found a reply. When she found her words, the meat went unattended and Terra replied with certainty.

"Okay," Claudius conceded. Embarrassed, he wondered if he bore her scent well enough already. He was struck with an image of Terra rolling all over him to pass on her scent and he felt his face begin to warm. If he were a human or any hairless beast, his face would have been beet red. "Do-do you-hou think... I uh... smell... e-e-enough... like... you...?" He took a bite out of the meat, trying not to look Terra in the eyes. [html]
[/html]
[html]

lol

Claudius' response to her thanks was something she was getting used to from him. Embarrassment, humility, then a soft acceptance. It was interesting to watch the whole process dance across his face before he finally settled down. Claudius agreed with her plan, setting her tail wagging. She had been afraid he would think it foolish to think of her scent as a pass through the packlands, or tell her that it was best not to do that. An interesting color began to rise under the white fur, bringing soft chuckles from Terra.

It looked like the idea of bearing her scent struck a very different image in his mind than it did in hers. Mischievously she waited for him to finish adjusting, managing to keep a straight face at the question. Ponderously she looked up. Hm...let me see... The coyote lightly stepped over to him, sniffing at him carefully. Her scent was definitely there, but not obviously so. Stepping back Terra gravely shook her head. I don't think so. I'll have to add more. Terra looked him in the eye, waiting for the flood that would follow.

<style type="text/css">
.xmas-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFF00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.xmas-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xmas-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.xmas-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... G_4177.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "Palatino Linotype", serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.xmas-01 b:before { content: open-quote; }
.xmas-01 b:after { content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
Terra has broken him. He will never be the same again. :<
[html]
[/html]Claudius was happy to see Terra wag her tail when he spoke. He wasn’t sure why exactly, but it made him feel good knowing she was happy with him. It was stupid, of course, since he had only just met her and still wanted to make sure she was pleased with him. He wanted to know that she liked him and respected him, which just didn’t make sense at all. Claudius had so many emotions and he really didn’t understand any of them. He could try, of course, and he could reason with himself. He liked Terra and Terra obviously seemed to find him amusing and pleasant enough. He liked it when Terra liked him. He knew what this was (it was a crush, his mind told him, but he was very good at ignoring things like that) but that didn’t mean he had to do anything about it.

Of course, these emotions had to go running all amuck when Terra stood up and walked around him. His eyes widened and when Terra explained that she would have to add more, his mouth dropped open in an ‘o’ and stayed open. He stared at the coyote girl waiting for the punch line, the ‘haha Claudius, I was just kidding!’ or the ‘Claudius, you are the most handsome wolf I’ve ever met, so lets go have a romp in the woods,’ or many other things. He couldn’t process any of it and it felt like his brain was going haywired.
[html]
[/html]
[html]

i try XD

Claudius' jaw dropped open, and she found himself looking at someone who's brain had just shut down. He stared at her as if she held everything important at that moment, waiting for her to do something. Kick starting him again looked like it would be difficult. Claudius? You in there? She wasn't too sure how she would end up explaining this to Vigilante if he came back to find a statue of a white wolf in his house. There had to be something she could do.

Nervously she looked around, making sure no one else was looking. It was all good, so she leaned in, giving him a brief lick on the nose. She liked him, he was amusing and strong and had moved to keep her from harm. Terra grinned shyly at him before moving to rub along his side, working on getting her scent to cling to him. There was actual muscles beneath his fur it appeared, even if they were thin wiry ones like her own. Stepping back she sniffed him again. They would know for sure this time. Grinning up at him Terra spoke. You're good now.

<style type="text/css">
.xmas-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xmas-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... G_4177.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "Palatino Linotype", serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
Omg this thread is killing me hahaha. These two are so hilarious.
[html]
[/html]He could hear her knocking, but it was like nobody was home. He could see her looming closer and closer, but Claudius was still stuck. He was struggling just to pull his mouth shut, but it seemed as though his jaw had gotten stuck. He let out a low whimper, but it turned out to sound more like a squeak. His eyes widened when Terra moved closer and licked him on the nose. Working his jaw, he tried to close it, but all he could do was wiggle it back and forth and from side to side. When Terra rubbed against his side, he felt all his fur stand up and in a split second, he’d snapped his jaw shut. He tried to relax, but he still felt stiff and unaccommodating. Of course, he wasn’t sure how accommodating he could be when there was a coyote girl rubbing her scent all over him.

After what seemed like an eternity of his heart pounding in his ears, Terra declared him to be fit and stepped back with a grin. Claudius tried to reply, but all that came out was another squeak. He tried to make a real sound – words even! – but nothing came out when he moved his jaw. All he could think of was the feeling of Terra being so close to him and being unable to do anything.

“Th-th-th… a-a… a… nks,” he replied. He still couldn’t move. [html]
[/html]
[html]

out of character text

He was still a statue, despite Terra's attempts at bringing him out of it. Well, to be fair Terra had never had someone turn into a statue on her. She'd startled her fair of canines, been attacked, run away from, and even one who flat out fainted after she was done with him. Everything they were doing together was rather new to her, the small feelings of like and mischief mixed up in her strangely innocent mind. Terra knew how to get a reaction out of him, that was sure. That didn't mean she knew why he reacted that way, or what it meant.

It took a while, the smile dropping from her face. Had she done something wrong? He didn't seem particularly happy. When he finally said thanks it was dragging all over the place, shaky and nervous. Despite this small revival he was still stiff as a board. Stepping over Terra nudged him, pushing him to move slightly. Claudius? You okay? Worry shone in her eyes now. Had she broken him? Looking around Terra tried to think of how she could keep the fact that she'd made a statue out of a guest hidden. Maybe if she stuck him in her room?

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
[/html]He didn’t mean to make her sad. He could see that she had misinterpreted his surprise for something else (oh god, what if she thought he was creepy? Or weird?) and was no longer laughing with him. His attempted thanks didn’t seem to help, either, and she nudged him. She sounded so concerned for him, which only served to surprise him more. He didn’t really understand why she thought she could go that far and not turn him into a drooling idiot. He was male, after all; there was only so much stimulation he could handle.

He turned when she nudged him and then found himself nose-to-nose with Terra. “I—I… I’m fine, Terra,” he replied. He stuttered a little, but found he was able to actually say the words rather than just squeaking like a mouse. He wondered if she could hear his heart beating; it felt so loud that he could barely hear himself speak. Smiling nervously, he added: “you just… sur-ur-… pri…sed… me… that’s all. I—wasn’t expe…e…ecting… tha-a-a-t…” His voice quivered, but he refused to let himself back down. He was strong! He had to be. He didn’t want to see her get all worried on his account again.[html]
[/html]
[html]

out of character text

Claudius turned his head as she tested to see if he was alright, their noses ending up touching. It surprised Terra, eyes widening as she stepped back a step. Ears flattened slightly with embarrassment, though she didn't know why that would come from their noses simply touching. Good. She hadn't had a clue how she was going to hide him if he remained that way. Covering him with a blanket would only work for so long before someone asked why it was hanging there and what was underneath.

Oh. Terra nodded her head, understanding it now. Some freaked out when surprised, some attacked her, and some apparently turned into statues. It was another thing to add to her list. She wasn't sure what she had done to surprise him except simply state that he didn't smell enough like her. Then again, she had done that for a reaction. She just hadn't expected that one. Terra had just wanted to see the pink under his fur again. Well if you're alright, I guess I'll see you another time. As soon as she was able Terra would be limping over to Aniwaya to see him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Want to end with your post? Smile (And thanks for the thread! It was hilarious Big Grin )
[html]
[/html]This time, it was not Claudius who was surprised by the contact, but Terra. He felt a smug sense of satisfaction knowing he wasn’t the only one who could, well, be surprised. It was kind of fun to be able to surprise her since she was always the one doing it. She flattened her ears and then stepped back. As she moved, her eyes lit up with understanding. Claudius was glad she knew it wasn’t her, but him, that caused his shock. Just like how he’d shocked her now. Claudius smirked slightly, but then frowned when she spoke again. She sounded so sad when she bade him goodbye. He didn’t want the meeting to end on a sour note.

Claudius glanced away and then back to Terra in an attempt to summon his courage. “I-it was n-n-n-nice meeting you, Terra. I ha-a-ad fun,” he said. He felt a little embarrassed saying it out loud, but he didn’t want her to misunderstand. “I ho-hope I can see you again?” He smiled shyly after he finished, hoping that Terra would take that the right way. He’d never had a crush on someone before, so he just hoped he didn’t muck it all up.[html]
[/html]
[html]

alright. just gonna pp him leaving then. we'll have to have another thread again! Big Grin

She grinned up at him. So she hadn't been the only one having fun while they were goofing around. Well, she was goofing around. He just ended up caught in it. She was lucky that he hadn't been hurt. Even luckier that she'd somehow managed avoiding getting hurt. It was nice meeting you too Claudius. She leaned forward to brush gently against him, quickly pulling back in case he didn't like it. Asked if he could see her again Terra's tail wagged brightly.

Of course she wanted to see him again! He was very amusing. The way that he reacted was nice, not to mention he was on four legs like her, instead of leaving her stranded down below while he was on two legs. It wasn't often she ran into someone like that. I'll come down to visit as soon as I can. She watched him leave, tail refusing to slow down. It was a good day for her first time being allowed to roam. Soon, she would be better. Then the trouble she could cause would be endless.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]