everything looks perfect from far away
Omg Claudius is blushing so hardcore omg he is going to meeeeelt.
[html]
[/html]Claudius’ reminder of Terra’s babysitter caused her to visibly sour. Even though she wasn’t upset, he could see that she was at least a little petulant. Of course, her mood visibly brightened when he pointed out her rabbit-like qualities. Claudius was glad that his joke was such a gasser;* he had never considered himself to be particularly funny, so her reaction was a nice surprise. He chuckled quietly at himself and grinned widely.

When Terra popped her head out of the snow and then begged not to be eaten, Claudius couldn’t keep his laughter in any longer. He found himself giggling awkwardly, trying not to spy a double-entendre in her words when she hadn’t meant there to be any. It didn’t work. Instead, he found himself grinning and chuckling and laughing some more. He wondered what her pack members would think if they found the two of them, Terra burrowed under the snow and Claudius laughing so hard he thought he would fall over.

“I—I,” he began between laughs, “I do-o-on’t… eat… little… bunnies… like you—easy prey.” He grinned wickedly as he said this, amused that he had both just insulted her (but only a little!) and made a joke. He was getting better at this![html]
[/html] * Something that is extraordinarily pleasing or successful, especially a very funny joke.
[html]

out of character text

Her tail wagged softly behind her as Claudius burst into laughter. At first he tried to check himself, but with Terra's bright green eyes on him he dissolved into laughter. The sound had been rather awkward at first, as if he wasn't used to laughing, but soon enough it eased up, his body shaking with humor. Terra chuckled a little herself, thoroughly amused by the sight of the wolf making a complete fool of himself in such a way. They made quite the sight, the red snow bunny popping out with the white wolf standing nearby, laughing so hard it looked like he'd die.

Easy prey! Terra's expression immediately turned comically hurt, pretending that there was no greater offense. Well, I suppose it's for the best. Not like you would know what to do if you caught me. Playfully she smirked up at him, head cocked to the side. Her tail wagged slowly, large black ears trained on him. Such word games were easy for her, fun to bounce back and forth. She bumped him with her nose before retreating a few steps, careful not to use her back leg.

<style type="text/css">
.xmas-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFF00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.xmas-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xmas-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.xmas-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... G_4177.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "Palatino Linotype", serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.xmas-01 b:before { content: open-quote; }
.xmas-01 b:after { content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
Claudius is such a party pooper q_q BOOOOOO
[html]
[/html]Terra was quick to mime offense to his little barb. She pulled her brows together and offered him the most pitiful and admonishing expression since his mother was still in the tribe. Terra’s eyes were wide, but her expression was playful. Claudius realized that this was what it was like to have someone run with a joke. He hadn’t joked with someone like this since he was a little puppy, when his sisters had still been around. He realized that it was a very nice thing. He grinned widely, but then frowned a little when she suggested he catch her. Catch her? But she was right there (and injured, too)! She crouched down and then wagged her tail, as if she wanted to play a puppy-ish game of tag. As he opened his mouth to protest, she gave him a friendly nudge with her nose and hopped back.

“Bu-but, you’re hurt!” he exclaimed. Silently, he thought to himself, ‘and we’re not puppies, either!’ “Wuh-what i-huh-if you genet hurt more?” he stammered. He didn’t want to be the cause of more pain since she was already rather banged up. As he was speaking, he took a tentative step closer, trying to convey his compassion. He didn’t pity her or anything silly like that; he just knew how bad some wounds could be and he didn’t want her to go re-injuring herself.[html]
[/html]
[html]

i love this guy hes so funny

His words dampened her spirits. Terra was most certainly hurt, and not up for rough play of any sort. She'd simply wanted him to move closer. Instead he was sent retreating, worried that she'd end up even more hurt. Not that it wasn't a genuine concern. The possibility of making it worse was far too true with Terra. It was the whole reason someone had been assigned to watch her, as nothing seemed to dampen her spirit, and she kept on trying to do things that she really shouldn't have.

At least the pale male moved a little closer to her, even if it was only out of concern. Terra knew that she could force him to chase her out of worry, but that would be a pain for both of them, neither truly enjoying what they were doing. Sighing Terra looked back. She really should get back to the house where she could get her wrappings changed up and everything. Then again, seeing someone that wasn't pack while being in this state was a rare opportunity. Turning back to Claudius Terra did her best to simper. You can make my wounds better, can't you?

<style type="text/css">
.xmas-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xmas-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... G_4177.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "Palatino Linotype", serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
Hahaha thanks. I think Terra is going to drive Claudius nuts -- but in a good way! Hahaha
[html]
[/html]Claudius could see that Terra wasn’t happy with his response. Even though he would have liked to do something as silly and fun as a game of chase, he wasn’t a puppy anymore and she would get hurt. Being injured was difficult, he knew, but if she wanted to get better, she’d need to exercise some discipline. Claudius also realized that she was younger than he and likely hadn’t dealt with a wound this severe before. He didn’t want to see her get hurt, but he also didn’t want to have to call her babysitter back. He felt that that would just be rude.

Terra sighed and then argued that he could make her wounds better. Perplexed, he tilted his head in an attempt to decipher her words. No one could make a wound just get better; they needed herbs and treatment to encourage the wounds to heal. But he was no healer.

“Well, n-no, Terra, I ca-a-an’t,” he replied. “I-I’m su-u-ure you… know this… but you need to do your be-e-e-est… to… get bett-e-e-r… the-e-ere… ‘s… no-o… easy fix,” he explained. [html]
[/html]
[html]

out of character text

It seemed he didn't have a clue what she was asking. All her simpering and performing to get him to move closer only resulted in her being treated like a child by him, the white wolf keeping his distance from the fiery female. No easy fix sure was right. Terra might be able to fool others into believing her wounds weren't as bad as they were, but it came with a painful price afterwards. There was no true way to speed up the process. She could forget about the pain though if she was distracted.

Doing her best to get better wasn't working either. Only time was going to work. Impatient as ever Terra fervently wished that the stupid cougar had never decided to keep her from escaping so she could just get out of there. Her leg was feeling better at least. Standing up Terra hobbled around a little, short hops through the snow as she tried finding ways to move faster. Nope, she was stuck to a hobble. She moved over, and nuzzled Claudius again briefly before starting to move back towards the house. Maybe once they got there Terra could scavenge some food for the both of them.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Claudius watched, silently, as Terra took in his words. He couldn’t tell what she was thinking and he didn’t want to try and guess. She seemed to surprise him at every turn. She was very different from the members of AniWaya, too – so he found it especially difficult to predict any of her behaviour. With a mental shrug, he decided to stop trying. All he could really do was work with what she gave him and try not to mis-interpret her actions and words (again).

Terra stood up and then did a dance-like hop through the snow. Puzzled, Claudius tilted his head and watched as she scooted away. She moved closer and then nuzzled him before she retreated. Predictably, Claudius’ first reaction was surprise. But he was getting better and he got over the initial shock much more quickly than the first time. Silently, he followed her as she ventured deeper into the territory. He really hoped he wouldn’t get into trouble for accompanying her. A wave of uncertainty washed over Claudius, but he nonetheless continued to follow her. With a wry grin, he realized that he had now become her babysitter. He wondered what she would say to that! He sped up his trot when he realized that Terra had gotten a bit of a lead on him. He definitely didn’t think a wounded coyote should be able to hobble that much faster than he, which must have meant he had been daydreaming. Claudius resolved to pay more attention and hurried to fall in line with the girl.

Image credit: Artur; template from the mentors

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.asclepius-box {float:right; padding:5px;width:100px;height:204px}
.asclepius {font-family:arial, serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; margin:0px 10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/ ... lepius.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top right; }
.asclepius .name {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Fanwood Text'; text-align:left; padding:0px 80px;}
.asclepius .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Almendra SC'; text-align:right; padding:10px 150px;}
.asclepius p.ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-indent:50px; padding:10px 5px 0px;}
.asclepius p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.asclepius .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.asclepius p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 50px;}
.asclepius b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; letter-spacing:-.05em; font-size:12px;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

out of character text

Terra glanced back, smirking at the sight of Claudius falling behind. Her tail swished happily as she saw him watching her. Enjoying the view? Terra was no stunning beauty, she knew that. Especially with all the bandages and injuries she carried. Her coat was a lovely bright color though, and even if she didn't have the large shapely curves other females had, she still had a nice slim shape to her, hips emphasized just perfectly. If she was betting her cards right, her words would have the wolf turning redder than a beet.

He quickly caught up, and Terra flashed him a warm grin as they continued slowly through the territory. At last the house arrived on the horizon after what felt like hours of walking. Terra was done with the whole idea of exploring and running around, exhausted and in pain. Her expression didn't show anything beyond a slight wince though, wanting to keep from worrying the male that accompanied her. Entering the house Terra padded into the kitchen. Looking around she realized she couldn't reach where the good food was, and sat pouting in the center. I was going to get us something to eat, but they store the good food on the shelves.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

He saw Terra turn around while he worked to catch up and shot him a feisty question. Determined not to let his embarrassment show, he returned her remark with a noncommittal, “ha!” before he picked up speed. After that, the two fell in line and continued onward mostly in silence. After some time (Claudius wasn’t sure just how long) they arrived at a large human house. Claudius wondered if they were going to go in. It seemed silly to pretend they were humans and live like humans and Claudius didn’t really understand the appeal. He did not hold Maska’s prejudice against the feral form, but he certainly wasn’t opposed to using his optime form when it was useful. These were the many things he thought of as they entered the home. Although he followed her silently and without question, his mind was racing. They were now in a new room with tall half-walls sticking out. He had seen things like this in the houses he’d visited in Halifax when he’d been gathering supplies. He still didn’t understand what most of the things in a human house did, so it intrigued him to see old remnants of humankind laying around.

“O-oh,” he replied. “Do you-ou wa-a-ant me… to get it… for you? I ca-an shift a-a-and… reach it,” he offered. He didn’t really like that she had just said it and not asked for his help (even though he was perfectly willing), but he did not do well with whiners and pouters. It set him on edge and he didn’t like being on edge.

[/html]
[html]

out of character text

It was a shame, but it seemed that Claudius was getting used to the way she worked, doing no more than shooting a short word at her before speeding up. Oh well. She'd just get him next time. Inside the house Terra watched the amazement glowing in the white wolf's eyes. She'd grown up a short distance from a city, so such things weren't new to her. Terra didn't have a particular interest in the workings, having decided that all buildings had the same basic layout of square rooms followed by entrances and furniture stuck inside.

Softly Terra shook her head at his offer. I don't want to have you work. I'm sure I can come up with something else. Cocking her head Terra studied the layout of the kitchen. She was the one who had brought him here, she would care for him, not the other way around. At last an idea formed, and the nimble coyote limped over to a chair, pushing it up against a counter. Balancing on her one good leg Terra stretched out, and carefully pulled herself up.

It was another pull to get her onto the counter, forcing Terra to lay down resting for a moment. Pretending that this wasn't bothering her was difficult, but Terra refused to give in and show weakness. Sitting up Terra used her nose to open a cupboard, revealing some stored meat. Backing up Terra prepared to grab it, only to find herself slipping on the edge. Unable to move properly and catch herself she ended up falling over, hoping that she wouldn't get more injured hitting the ground.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

I don't think I powerplayed, so you can decide if you want Terra to fall onto Claudius or not 8D Hope that works B)

Claudius’ annoyance melted away when Terra insisted on reaching the high cupboards on her own. She was injured; didn’t she understand that? He didn’t care if she thought she looked weak because he barely knew her and it really didn’t matter to him anyhow. If anyone knew anything about feeling weak and useless, it was most certainly Claudius. He had been tied up, interrogated, and nearly decapitated for his tribe. And then when the dust had settled, he had been the puppet to make sure none of the AniWayans tried to rebel again. He was quite capable at understanding her feelings of helplessness, how frustrating it was, and also how futile it was to deny it. She needed to rest.

He began to protest when she began to limp over to a chair and push it against the short walls. “T-t-terra, d-o-on’t, you’ll hu-urt yourself,” he whined. She continued her ascent and then rested on the short wall. Claudius trotted over to the chair and then let out a low whine in the back of his throat. This would end badly, he knew it.

“Terra,” he tried again, watching anxiously. But she was so damn determined to do it herself. He took another step closer and then saw her begin to slip. He pushed himself forward, not sure what he was doing, but put himself in the path of her fall. She slipped and then tumbled down off the little wall and toward Claudius. If he were more adroit at predicting Terra's movements, maybe he could have caught her fall; or better yet, stopped her from climbing up there in the first place.

[/html]
[html]

the reason why terra has a babysitter XD

Terra's ears had pinned to her head, ignoring his protests. She would not be weak before him, would not ask for someone's help. The way he had looked at her with the offer, nervous and edgy and annoyed, made her determined to prove she wasn't just a burden. Of course, that plan promptly fell apart when she fell. Paws scrambled at air as she tried to do something to stop what had already happened. There was movement, and Terra felt herself hit something soft.

A small whimper was bit back as her leg was jarred, but it was much better than it could have been. Terra laid still for a moment, just catching her breath and making sure nothing was broken. It was only after that she realized the cushioning she'd landed on was breathing. Claudius! Terra pulled herself off him, grinning sheepishly. Guess I should have accepted your help. Her ears and tail were lowered, putting herself into a more submissive position. She had wanted to care for him, make him happy and give him a good meal, instead she'd probably made sure he'd never want to be near her again.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

>8( SHE NEEDS ONE. Claudius is rage-facing I swear to you his eyebrows are twitching because his rage face is more like a "I want to cry" face. WC: 302

Just when Claudius thought it couldn’t possibly get worse, Terra proved him wrong. Well, he couldn’t really decide if it was better or worse. It was worse for him because now he was squished under a stubborn coyote and his shoulder ached rather terribly, but it was probably better for Terra since she couldn’t injure herself any further. Claudius coughed and hacked as he tried to breathe since he had been completely flattened on the floor. Terra shouted his name and stood up, allowing Claudius to take a huge gulp of air. She sheepishly offered an apology, but Claudius couldn’t quite form any words. The shock of being a pillow and having all his air stolen was making it quite difficult to speak. He rolled over from his stomach onto his side, which let him breathe a little easier, but made his shoulder twinge in pain. He couldn’t remember when if it was an old injury or a new one, but it didn’t feel too bad, so he suspected it was just going to be a little bruised.

He coughed and then frowned when he saw Terra lower her ears and tail. He felt a perverse happiness at seeing her so sad (because she was so stubborn!) but he also felt bad because he didn’t want to make her feel bad. It was all very confusing for him and he didn’t know what to think.

“Te-hu-huh-erra,” he stammered. He tried to take a deep breath, but found it still hurt, so he settled on short, shallow breaths. “Yuh-you should ha-a-ave,” he admonished. “I only ju-u-ust met you… and you are… very reckless.” He found himself grinning as he said this, hoping that a smile would cheer her up. “I ca-a-an get it… for you… once I ca-a-an—” he coughed, “breathe again.”

[/html]
[html]

out of character text

He was struggling to breath, bringing a whine from Terra. Stepping over she licked his cheek gently, wishing that he would feel better. Silently she swore to herself that she wouldn't be doing any more climbing until her leg was better. That way no one else would end up flattened, struggling to breath. As he rolled over Terra followed along, sniffing at his body and investigating for injuries. To say she felt bad was a huge understatement. Who flattened a guest?

He began to talk, and Terra perked up. He didn't look happy in the slightest, almost looking like he was about to cry. She listened to the lecture, adopting an appropriately chastised pose. The smile on his face as he declared her reckless got her tail wagging for a small time before it stopped, remembering that she was supposed to be in trouble. You should see me when I'm not injured. Terra returned a shy smile, listening to his cough. Stepping up Terra nuzzled him, wishing it wasn't so. Sorry.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

>WC: 310

Instead of flinching like the other times she had touched him, this time, he accepted the lick to his cheek without protest and with a small smile. He wasn’t sure if the action was borne more out of her feral nature to demonstrate submission or out of a humanistic desire to indicate friendliness (or more, but he didn’t think that was the case), he appreciated her care.

He was glad to see her wag her tail, because even though he was still angry with her for hurting herself, he didn’t want to overstep. He was a guest in this house and in this pack. Even if he suspected his words would serve her well and were for her own good, he didn’t want to ruin a tentative friendship. He knew he had to tread lightly so as not to offend her, but now that she had unintentionally injured him, he suspected he could prey on that weakness. It didn’t make him feel good knowing this, so he decided not to do it. It was not the sort of behaviour befitting of a friend.

Claudius grinned shyly when she explained how she was much worse when she was well. Claudius mocked a shudder, but didn’t stop grinning.

“I be-e-et you’re… terrifying then,” he joked.

Now that his breath was returning, he felt well enough to push himself to his feet. He pulled his forelegs underneath his body and then pushed himself to his feet. He brought his hind legs closer and then under his body so that he was sitting with his bum and feet to one side and his forelegs to the other. He took another deep breath and was satisfied to feel his lungs working again at normal capacity. It seemed as though the shock had done the most damage, though he would definitely be bruised in the morning!

[/html]
[html]

out of character text

He must have been feeling better, because he started joking around with him. His breathing wasn't sounding as bad either. A shudder ran through his body as he looked up at her, grinning widely. A mocking grin danced on her face. Of course. Even bears run before me when I'm well. Well, they didn't run. They tended to charge at her and get very frustrated when they couldn't land a blow on her. After that she usually stole their food and ran like crazy while they bellowed their rage behind her.

Terra watched Claudius slowly push himself up, taking the time to secure himself. It seemed the worst damage she'd done was knock his breath out, a problem that had righted itself soon enough. Tail wagging Terra laid down before him this time, looking up happily. Well, I'd offer a meal, but I do believe we've discovered I'm useless for getting that. So if you'd care to get the food? Terra had dragged him all the way in here, she didn't feel right just sending him back out without anything.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: > 300

Claudius laughed when she pointed out her ferocity in the face of bears. He wondered if that was how she had been injured: 'terrifying' bears. It would certainly make sense; her wounds, after all, were quite lengthy. He could tell from her bandages that she had been injured quite extensively. A bear or a cougar could definitely inflict such terrible wounds. He wanted to ask, but he figured it would be for the best if he didn't because he didn't want to scold her again, especially when he felt like he'd been doing so much of that already (and he didn't think it was his place).

Terra wagged her tail when Claudius was able to sit up. As he moved to sit, she descended to the floor and stretched out. She still looked quite happy despite her tumble, so Claudius was glad he hadn't ruined the mood too much -- and of course, more importantly, that she hadn't injured herself any further.

Terra suggested that he get the food this time and Claudius' grin widened into a devious smile. "O-o-of course, you a-a-accept... my suggestion... after... you fa-a-a-ll," he joked. "I wou-huh-hu-ould be ha-a-a-ppy... to... get it..." he added.

With that, he pushed himself completely to his feet and then trotted over to the chair. He put his forelegs on the chair and gave it a push. He was satisfied to note that it was not wobbly, so he hopped up on it with his back legs too. Then he hopped onto the counter and lifted himself up with his back legs and put his front legs on the shelf in front of him. He leaned forward and grabbed a big chunk of meat in his teeth and gave it a tug. It wouldn't move, so he poked his nose in farther and discovered that another piece of food, something he didn't recognize, was sitting on top of it. He pushed the other food away and then pulled the meat, this time freeing it from its ledge. Once that was done, he turned his head to throw the meat at Terra's feet and then hopped back down from the counter.

[/html]
[html]

out of character text

Claudius' laughter was surprisingly nice, devoid of the nervousness that was usually in his voice. The wolf was a lot more relaxed than he had been arriving, which was definitely good. She wouldn't be too happy if she ended up making him tense all the time. The grin on his face at her words put Terra on a whole new level of happy. It was like, if just for an instance, she had found someone who could understand her reckless behavior, get along with her and go traveling.

The moment passed, and Terra watched him move to complete the maneuver she had attempted. His movement was a lot smoother than hers, but not faster. His movements were hesitant, as if he was dealing with a broken leg, rather than the one who had tried to move too fast with injuries. Terra stood up, moving so she could watch what he was doing. His nose was stuck in the cupboard for a little while before some meat was finally thrown down. Carefully Terra divided it in half so they could share. There! Now you have something at least for making the trek in.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Even though Claudius had tossed the meat to Terra, she still wanted to share it. He wanted to protest and say that he didn’t need it (he’d eaten only just yesterday), that his tribe had plenty of food, and that it wasn’t right for him to take her pack’s food. But in the end, he kept these concerns to himself. If Terra was being so kind as to offer him the food that was rightfully hers, then he would accept it with as much grace as he could muster.

“Tha-a-nks, Terra,” he replied. He trotted over to where Terra was laying and then plopped himself down as well. He pulled the meat to himself with his forepaws so that he could hold onto it while he tore it apart. He knew that since he was laying down on his stomach, it would be easier to hold and gnaw on, but would make his coat awfully bloody. It didn’t really matter though; such things didn’t particularly bother him.

Claudius tore at the meat and chewed it thoughtfully. He wasn’t sure how he’d get out of the packlands without causing concern, but maybe the orange wolf would see him through. Or perhaps another pack member would lead him to the borders. He wasn’t sure, so he decided to ask.

“I do-o-on’t wa-ha-ant to cau-ause… a fuss… but… when I leave… how should I… do that? I don’t wa-a-an.t..t.. a scout… to find me-e-e… and thi-hi-ink… I’m… trespassing…” he said.

[/html]
[html]

out of character text

Claudius joined her on the floor, both wolves silently working to eat through the meat. Her tail wagged softly at his thanks. I'd have to say thanks to you. You helped me get back here, and relieved my boredom. Not much to do when your leg's broken. She had about driven herself mad with frustration, unable to do everything she wanted to do, trapped on four legs and unable to travel. It wasn't that it was a form she didn't already spend most of her time in. Terra slept, ate, traveled, and played on four legs after all. It was just the fact that the option had been removed that bothered her.

The question Claudius proposed had her pause in the middle of a bite. She hadn't thought about that when she'd taken him in. Terra could lead him back out, but that would be completely pointless, considering how they'd come in just to get her to the house. She didn't want to undo all that travel, not to mention she wasn't sure she was up to it. At last Terra nodded to herself, having come up with what she saw as a fair solution. If you carry my scent they should let you through. They know I'm injured and can't travel far, so it'll make sense for you to be leaving without an escort. If that didn't work, Terra could just howl really loudly until someone came to see what was wrong.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]