A Lone Wolfdog in a Sea of Luperci
[html]
| +218

It was with a laugh which caused his ears to bounce more that Ibycus responded when Myrika used his own phrase on him. With the memories he had from the months that he had spent at what he once called home where he grew up in Italy. The memories of the females generally ignoring him or going out of their way to avoid him which eventually gave birth to the belief of himself as being ugly and unwanted. It was those thoughts and beliefs that had eventually helped push him to leave and travel hoping to forget. It ws those beliefs that made him think that she was just being nice in return, however he did not let that spoil the moment and had let the laugh out along with a smile on his muzzle.

The thought of a library full of books brought him back to seriousness as he thought about it. The only city he knew of was a ways away and he had not explored it much at the time. He pondered the thought of going though books for a few moments, I seem to have missed finding the library when I had passed through a town down south of here. His eyes refocused back onto Myrika, I should go back and look for the library.

<style type="text/css">
.iby-oo1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bec0ab; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0a2b14; }
.iby-oo1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.iby-oo1 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#3b5543; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/1rj06.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6d8474; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.iby-oo1 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.iby-oo1 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(302)

Myrika is by me!

There were many different sorts upon the earth, Myri had come to find. Her cousin Zana was shorter than any adult Luperci ought to have been; her cousin Halo was permanently blinded, it seemed. Her grandmother was a feeble old woman with more scars than Myri could count. Ezekiel was her strong leader, and scarred Vesper, too -- but all had weaknesses, she was sure. Some were simply easier to hide.

Her smile persisted as the hybrid spoke of the library and heading back. Get yourself a horse first, she advised, grinning. It makes the trip there and back that much shorter -- plus, you can carry more books! Halifax was a lot bigger than a town, though, and she thought he might be thinking of somewhere else. But I meant -- the city I'm talking about is really big, it's no town. Tall buildings, and it's on the ocean coast, she said, half-turning and pointing in the general direction of Halifax. Her correction was gentle enough, for she didn't know if they were talking about the same place: his definition of "town" might well include Halifax, after all -- Ibycus was from across the sea, where things were sure to be bigger and better.

She'd only been once, but Eira had carried her quickly from Inferni's borders to the outskirts of town -- much more quickly than if she'd gone on food.And try Freetown, too, maybe -- you might be able to find traders there with some books. Books were valuable trade items, though, and Ibycus would have enough to worry about in obtaining a horse. Can you write? Maybe you can trade some writing time for books, she suggested, knowing the skill to make words appear on paper was more valuable than pre-written words on paper.

<style>
#myrikaSie {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myrikaSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#myrikaSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#myrikaSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myrikaSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#myrikaSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myrikaSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

kinda sucky. | +220

Ibycus

It was a thoughtful look on his face for a few moments while Ibycus considered the idea of getting a horse. Coming from a family that specialized in animal husbandry, there were many good reasons to having a horse with you, and Myrika specified one of the main reasons that having a horse would be beneficial, that they would increase the speed and range that one could travel in a given amount of time. But for now, he did not need a horse for traveling as he had no place to return to at the moment. I do not think I need a horse right now, I do not have a permanent home to return to. And I am not in any particular hurry to get to wherever I set my sights too.

The idea of writing ability being a commodity had not even occurred to him. He was aware that there were others that could read and write and those that were not taught how too. He considered the prospect that writing would be a prized skill. Si, I was taught to write in my youth, but have not practiced the skill as it was not one that animal husbandry required. He pondered a moment, I could practice my writing and improve it so I could use it for trade.

Ibycus "Talks" Thinks Walks

Table lovingly created by Kaena Lykoi

<style>
.temo-b012 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.temo-b012 b {color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.temo-b012-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#192A57; text-shadow:#081127 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.temo-b012-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/temo.png); height:134px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.temo-b012 {background-color:#00ced1; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #171F34; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3D455B; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

(305)

Myrika is by me!

Myrika was about to offer her own horses -- or, horse, actually, since Eira was too heavily pregnant for riding -- when she remembered how little she knew Ibycus. They'd only just met -- though he seemed quite gentlemanly, there was always the chance he could simply take her horse and go wherever he would, and Myri would never see either again. Then again -- Inferni had communal horses, too, and there were other horses in the world. She liked Cahal, but she did not feel the same way about him that she did about Eira. Eira was her first horse, and a companion along with a work animal.

Well, she started, blinking. I -- don't see a problem lending you a horse, if you did want to go to Freetown. Maybe you could teach me something about animal husbandry, if that's what you studied? Unlike when she discussed her own sexuality or Luperci sexuality in general, Myrika viewed animal breeding and mating as entirely non-sexual. She could, then, discuss such subjects rather frankly and with the dull indifference of a scientist or professional. Or I could help you with the writing stuff. Either way, I mean, she said. I don't know a lot about breeding animals. I mean, the mechanics are simple, but I don't really know what to look for as a good combination of traits, you know?

Perhaps they'd have to meet somewhere outside of Inferni -- Myrika was not sure how her housemates would feel about a non-coyote visiting. Even so, she was willing to risk offending her grandmother -- Kaena would get over it. Knowledge of breeding animals was a worthwhile pursuit, as Myri saw it. Humans had described many breeds of horses and other creatures in her books, but Myri did not think such breeds truly existed anymore.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]

| +211

Ibycus

It was a curious look that Ibycus used as he pondered Myrika for a few moments as he processed all that she had just said to him. It surprised him that she would lend him a horse even though they had only just met. He had met a few good souls in his travels but not any that would be willing to give away something so valuable as a horse to a near total stranger. He was speechless for a few moments as he thought about it, not used to seeing such generosity handed out to strangers, especially to himself.

Finally he found his voice, I thank you for your kind offer, Signora, but I am not planning on going to freetown any time soon. I am still exploring the lands here. He thought about her questions, Animal husbandry is not just about knowing good and bad traits and how they will affect the offspring, he skirted around the actual subject of breeding because it was making him a bit uncomfortable to talk about, especially to a girl that he barely knew and just met. But there is also the care and feeding of the animals, seeing to their comfort and well being. And dealing with any medical problems that may arise.

<style>
.temo-b012-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#192A57; text-shadow:#081127 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.temo-b012-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/temo.png); height:134px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.temo-b012 {background-color:#00ced1; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #171F34; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3D455B; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

(--)

Myrika is by Aly!

Perhaps she'd been too forward. He seemed almost taken aback by her offer, and the redhead had to look toward the ground, digging a claw into it as she awaited his response. Maybe he'd laugh in her face, or simply take the horse? That ought to show her. Myrika was already regretting speaking so boldly, but as it happened, Ibycus was not the sort to take advantage, nor was he impolite in his refusal. No problem, she said, biting her tongue before she reminded him that the offer stood in the future, too.

Still -- there was faint discomfort apparent, or so she thought. He skirted around the subject of breeding and explained instead about animal maintenance. Myrika nodded, albeit hesitantly, and decided it was best to continue where he'd led the conversation. Yeah, she agreed. That's why I'm riding this horse, actually... my other is due to foal, and I didn't want to risk injury this late in the game. She had never birthed a foal before, but how hard could it be? The hybrid thought her horse would end up doing most of the work, after all.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

| +252.

Ibycus

His head slowly nodded a bit as he thought about the many problems that can occur when a birthing processes is in progress. Even the many problems that can happen during pregnancy that can cause premature birth, and that is if everything goes right to initiate pregnancy. It always made him marvel at the complexity of life and how nature worked and how much a miracle it was when a healthy individual, whether it was a farm animal, a wild animal, or even a luperci was born.

That is good, every little thing we can do to help nature provide a healthy foal is always good. was the only thing he could think of to say as he did not know anything about the mare she was talking about. He did not know the overall health or if she had had problems foaling before and did not want to give any specific to the situation advice. He also did not want to needlessly worry the young girl over things that probably will not be an issue.

As a word of encouragement to Myrika, I would say keep your mare well fed and watered and in good health, his eyes scanned over the horse that she currently had with her, But seeing how well cared for your stallion is, and the trust he has for you, you have that well in hand already. The time they had spent talking, his practiced eye had read the stallion's body language almost as well as reading a book.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

(--) Can wrap this up here? Big Grin

Myrika is by me!

Myrika strove to provide the best care possible for her horse -- but most of her learning had taken place in youth, and what she had learned after leaving Thornloe came almost entirely from books. The Pacrel farm hadn't been a good enough farm to have provided her with any sort of education. Most of her duties there had involved, in some way or another, fighting the endless tide of maltreatment and malnutrition caused by the hapless brothers. Even Tyveni had seemed resigned to the eventual death of all their animals, and Myrika had been unable to stop it. At least she'd gotten Eira out of there.

Her smile was gracious, and the hybrid nodded eagerly. She had been keeping the mare in as much food and water as she cared to eat, and Myrika brought only the best of her food stocks to the blue roan. Cahal, Farai, and the sheep got the leavings -- though they were good enough leavings, and there was only a degree or so of quality difference between the feed offered to the animals. Thank you, she said, smiling at Cahal herself. He had been a good find in Freetown, and it hadn't taken much rehabilitation to return him to his present state of strength.

I should let you get on, though, she added, shrugging. I chatter too much. The woman was preparing to offer an invitation to Inferni, when she thought better of it. Ibycus might not be so well received there. I hope I run into you again, she offered instead, smiling. Murmuring a command to Cahal, the tall coyote was up and in the saddle after a moment, lingering only to accept any last good-byes from Ibycus.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

The End. | +202

Ibycus

The sun had slowly moved part way in it's trek across the sky while they had talked. Ibycus did not have anywhere to go nor did he have anything pressing to do and could have spent all day talking to the nice girl. However, Myrika probably did have places to go and things that needed doing. Even though he enjoyed the company, he knew she would have to leave at some point and take care of her horses and other duties she may have to perform for her pack.

He could feel that the time was approaching that they would have to say their goodbyes and depart back onto the different paths that they follow. Although there were feelings of sadness to see her go, he was happy that she had actually stopped and talked for a while. Thank you for stopping by and talking with me, Signora, I enjoyed your company and would enjoy meeting you in the future, too. He knew it would be unlikely they would meet again given the size of the world and that he had been moving around and wandering the peninsula. Goodbye Signora Myrika he said as he waved to her, then watched her ride off.

<style>
</style>[/html]