Taste the sky
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Rancho);</style>Titania Moonsong

burning the ground, I break from the crowd
I'm on the hunt I'm after you

strut on a line, it's discord and rhyme

AND I'M HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF

Word Count :: 300+ All welcome. A little mountain adventure time. Smile Back-dated to March 9

Titania had taken to climbing. Over the months she had explored the forests and plains of their northern home, but there was a territory that was often underappreciated. Before it had been covered with snow and ice, too dangerous to climb the rocky slopes, but now that the frost was melting much of the danger was gone. It was still a perilous climb, and there was still a lot of snow on the mountains, but that all just added to the thrill of it.

In the beginning where the paths were steep but still paths, she had started out in her Lupus form. Four paws made the steep climb much easier to bear. But as the pathways narrowed and became rockier this many legs became hard to navigate with, so she transformed into her Optime form. Lean and slender and agile, the Alphess continued her ascent. The higher she climbed the harder the wind whipped at her, the colder it became. It was so invigorating!

Now she was going nearly straight up, arms reaching out and hands clasping rocks to pull her slender body from one level to the next. Finally she reached a precipice with a flat surface, and judging by how hard she was panting even in this cold, it was time to rest. Climbing out to the very edge, she swung her legs over and peered out at the beauteous sight that was New Dawn. She wasn’t but a fraction up the steep part of the Halcyon Mountains, but she still felt like she was on top of the world.

Invigorated, she threw her head back and howled to the morning sky. Her song rang out over the lands; it was a song of utter bliss. When it died, her ears perked and she listened for any return howls – they would know she wasn’t calling them but she hoped they heard her happiness. Then, a moment later, an ear flicked and she glanced over the edge of the precipice to see if she still had a partner, or if they had pooped out long ago.

image from dawnthieves; code template by kitty; table by raze

<style>
.Hltw_razkit p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; line-height:16px;}
.Hltw_razkit b {color:#ffff62; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit {background-color:#605f5f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#f1efed; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XNRhd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #463837; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.Hltw_razkit .name {text-align:center; font-family:Rancho; color:#ffff62; font-size:65px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:25px; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit .lyrics {font-family:georgia; color:#f1efed; font-size:15px; padding:6px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:12px; text-align:center;}
.Hltw_razkit .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:10px; border-bottom:2px dotted #3a3629; padding:0px 15px 0px 0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 378 OOC: Get to use my new table!

How had be been talked into this one? His stomach churns as he is following his cousin. He had not known how much he hated heights until he found himself almost nearly vertical against the rocky surface. He feels green and sick as he made the mistake of looking down. How had he gotten up here? How was he going to get down. He was clinging to the wall now, not able to move up down or sideways in fear he was going to fall. She had made it look so easy hand, foot, hand, foot. Simple right? No! He had slipped and that was what had done it in for him. He had seen the tiny bits of rocks falling to the earth below breaking into many pieces which was what was going to happen if he fell himself. He clung tighter to the side of the wall as his cousin howled, oh the call was longing and it made him want to anwer his alphess, but that would mean moving and moving was no option here! The call was answer, by a soft call from a bird of prey. Tobias to be exact and Jiva is somewhat soothed though he knows that Tobias couldn’t nor wouldn’t catch Jiva if he fell. Maybe Marahute possibly could have grabbed him by the leg as he was a lightweight and though he doubted she’d be able to fly, she could float him down after all she had seen the thing pick up a goat once! He tries not to think of it because she dropped the animal to crush its skull and eat it.

“Uhhh T-Titania, I- H-How are we s, sssuppose to get down?”

The young man asked. He was only a little younger than his cousin he found out when her birthday was, only a month older than him, but she seemed far more sure of herself and his teeth chattered with his speech, though he was made for the cold, having the extra layer of fur that both his wolf and dog genes he had inherited. He looked up hopefully now, still clinging to dear life. It had been a good idea when he had his feet firm on the ground.

ONE LAST KISS, BEFORE I GO. DRY YOUR TEARS, IT IS TIME TO LET YOU GO

Image courtesy of Ed Gaillard

<style>
.GR2_JivaHawk p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk b {font-family:verdana; color:#bfc3c2; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk {background-color:#3a3937; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#2c2a2b; line-height:12px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/639/jivetable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #2c2a2b; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #2c2a2b; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .name {text-align:center; font-family:Simonetta; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #2c2a2b; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Rancho);</style>Titania Moonsong

burning the ground, I break from the crowd
I'm on the hunt I'm after you

strut on a line, it's discord and rhyme

AND I'M HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF

Word Count :: 400+

Just as she leaned over the edge to peer at the steep rocky wall below she heard a screech in answer to her howl. An ear pricked and bent toward the sound, and a moment later her gaze followed. She’d only seen a quick splash of cream against the slate rocks before turning her gaze to the avian companion. Seeing Tobias reminded her of exactly who had been with her, and she cracked a smile and looked over the edge again.

“You lag, cousin,” she teased him, but when she noticed the look on his face all playfulness was lost. She gasped and her eyes opened wide, and she was suddenly concerned for him as family, and as alpha.

“Are you stuck? Here…” She pushed herself farther over the ledge, laying down flat now and bending over it at the waist. Arms outstretched, she grabbed Jiva’s arm. For a moment he seemed stiff as if even still he would not move, but then she tugged and whether he liked it or not, she was pulling him up on to the ledge. If he fought, it would be certain death, so he’d have to get over his fear of moving real soon.

Hopefully the ledge felt a little safer than the exposed rocks, because after she hoisted him up she couldn’t help but giggle a little. “Not as kin to your pet as you thought?” She teased as she watched Tobias make another pass. He wasn’t afraid of heights, and he never would be. This was his nature, just as running through the forest was theirs.

Jiva had posed a very reasonable question, and now Titania thought about it. Crawling to the edge of the ledge much as she had before, she popped her head over and looked straight down again. The climb had been steep, and going back down the way they came would be awkward, to say the least. “Looks like there’s two options. We go back that way,” she pointed down, and then sat up away from the edge and her eyes turned upward to the steep rocks above. “Or we keep going that way.”

There was a pause, and then she looked at Jiva, anticipating his thoughts. “Back down gets us closer to the ground faster, but if we go up then we can loop around on a trail I know of and come back down an actual pathway.” She scooted back and leaned up against the jagged rocky wall. It didn’t appear that the Alphess planned to go anywhere for the moment, though.

image from dawnthieves; code template by kitty; table by raze

<style>
.Hltw_razkit p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; line-height:16px;}
.Hltw_razkit b {color:#ffff62; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit {background-color:#605f5f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#f1efed; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XNRhd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #463837; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.Hltw_razkit .name {text-align:center; font-family:Rancho; color:#ffff62; font-size:65px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:25px; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit .lyrics {font-family:georgia; color:#f1efed; font-size:15px; padding:6px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:12px; text-align:center;}
.Hltw_razkit .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:10px; border-bottom:2px dotted #3a3629; padding:0px 15px 0px 0px;}
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 296 OOC: Sorry for the horrible delay I have been and still am having muse troubles but I WILL FINISH A THREAD RAWR

Jiva’s heart went wild as she pulled on his arm, but he let his cousin pull him up onto the ledge. Yes he was a bit safer but he watched her as she laughed at him, feeling a bit of his pride burn away at himself.

“He’s not a pet...”

Jiva grumbled massasing his sore arms. His muscles had locked up on him just to keep him from really doing anything out of fear. Jiva knew he wouldn’t go climbing again not on these steep mountainfaces. No he would keep his paws planted on the soil from now on. He listened to her proposition. Getting down seemed best but... to go down the way he came, no he was not sure he could do that. Getting up it was hard enough, but the thought of going up even more was daunting. So he could very possibly be stuck here. The thought of a trail was far more promising than returning the way they came. He thought on this for a few minutes as it seemed that Titania knew he would need the time, or at least that was what he thought. He let his heart calm down before speaking.

“Well we are this far up. I can’t let you do it alone. Besides I think the trail might be a safer bet.”

Jiva said. He looked over at Tobias who now perched on a branch. The young man had been learning a bit of the birds own spoken language, though he was not so proficient in the language he could tell that the hawk was gloating at him. He turned his head away from the bird and looked to his cousin and Alpha waiting for her signal.

<style>
.GR2_JivaHawk b {font-family:verdana; color:#bfc3c2; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk {background-color:#3a3937; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#2c2a2b; line-height:12px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/639/jivetable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #2c2a2b; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #2c2a2b; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .name {text-align:center; font-family:Simonetta; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #2c2a2b; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

Titania Moonsong
if nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies

While her wimpy cousin took his time calming down, Titania moved to the edge of the ledge and swung her legs over, letting her feet dangle and sway. The wind was strong up here and it picked up her tight red curls and stretched them until they were straight. Whenever they reached the flatlands again her hair would be little more than a fiery tangle.

Golden eyes moved from the autumn tones of her cousin Jiva to the auburn creature that blotted the azure sky. Tobias’s flight was entrancing with the way he soared and twisted, dancing upon currents and air pockets. He was an expert at his craft and made it look effortless, like flying was no more complicated than opening your arms and floating up into heaven. So distracted she was with the sight that she didn’t even hear the small grouse of offense from her cousin about his ‘pet’.

“It’s all a safe bet as long as you don’t freeze up,” she teased and gave him a little jab in the ribs with her elbow. “If you turn into a corpse you can’t get up or down. Just look up and keep going, don’t bother looking down.” But even as she said that she leaned forward, her hair falling over her face as she took a satisfying glimpse at the ground.

“Wow… we’re really high up… Anyway,” she climbed back to her feet and clapped her hands, brushing off any dust. “Then it’s up we go!” She turned back to the rock face and grasped a formidable hold with white fingers, then reached out to Jiva with her gray hand to help him over.

“You can always hold on to my tail,” she jibed and lashed her tail playfully. “If you’re afraid of falling. Trust me, the view from the top is going to be worth it.”

Word Count :: +300

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 321 OOC: I know you still love me even though i'm such a stinky slow poke. I think I might do better at replying now. I hope or you could come here and knock me over the head a few times Wink

Jiva wasn’t a whiny little pup, not normally, but there was so far one thing he knew he would refuse now that he had tried it. He did at least try it and he would continue, no matter how stiff legged he was. He watched as she moved to the edge and sat there. His heart was starting to calm down too! but she seemed perfectly safe. He smiled as she looked up and his gaze followed hers to his friend and companion. He owned the sky and just watching the master at work gave Jiva more confidence and the fearful look on his face slowly drifted away . She started giving him advice and he mock grimaced as she elbowed him in the ribs but he was listening intently to her words and was gaining a little more confident in the prospect of the remaining climb.

“Ok, I’ll do that, Always look up. Don’t look down.”

He had absolutely no intentions of looking straight down. The way up seemed far more plausible and he was starting to feel confident about her words of being far up, he closed his eyes instantly and looked up trying to not look down now that she said that. He bit his tongue it wasn’t long before he saw her hand held out towards him and he knew it was too late to do anything. He grabbed her hand and was now committed to the climb. He would climb where she did, but he would refuse point blank to hold her tail. If he went down he would go down alone. His thoughts were what it would look like up there, what he would see, how he could look if they were so far up. That would come later.... yes later. Right now it was one hand and foot at a time following his cousin who he had complete faith in.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]